The Glorification of God

Elder Sarah
Site Admin

The Glorification of God

#1 Postby Elder Sarah » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:44 am

Shabbat Shalom!

In the tradition, this time of year we celebrate the Feast of the Apostolic Succession. This becomes a celebration of the Harvest of Souls. It is a ceremony that inspires good works, that encourages and empowers walking as an enlightened one, as an Apostle of God. From this empowerment initiates take up the full force of their way, their gifts and share them with those who they are called to work with. This really becomes an empowerment to Glorify Gods Power. From this, we may explore what it means to Glorify God?

We speak, Gods power is in all things. We know through Gods power we breath, we live. God breathes the very breath of life into us and we arise, are alive, awake and aware. This is a wonderful awareness to walk with and one we must continuously return to in moments of forgetfulness or ignorance. Keeping this idea of Gods power in mind then let us explore another angle of Gods power. The angle I wish to explore concerns Gods power as it might be revealed within the reality display. See, recognizing God is in all things we must then work to see this, remember this. Because the reality display appears rather “normal” or “regular” we tend to forget it is God moving all things. We can tend to revert into a mentality that can think of this reality display as isolate, separate and self-sufficient. In a way, we get very use to reality as it is, we meld into patterns and cycles day after day, year after year and lifetime after lifetime. This is a tendency that “blends” the reality display into a seamless landscape of continuity and regularity, therefore we often don’t notice Gods power moving. This phenomenon produces the need for this power to begin to stand out in order to be noticed. This then becomes a conversation of miracles and wonders. See, everything we witness is rather miraculous, only we need to see it that way. This becomes the work of the journey, to learn to see Gods power in all things and to participate as a conscious co-creator whom allows and takes up actions that reveal Gods Power. If this is the work, then we must know this is what we are to share with others. The act of sharing with others becomes the act of the glorification of God, the revelation of Gods power.

A great number of the teachings and revelations of our Master Yeshua Messiah concern this very idea. Just look into the numbers of healings, the raising of the dead, all the way to the crucifixion and resurrection. All these events portraying a movement of Gods Power that works within the reality display, works within what is happening and yet stands out of the reality display, stands out as miraculous. In a number of places in scripture Yeshua speaks of these acts of wonder as being an act for the glorification of God. In fact, in a few places we see a hint that the very need itself, the very event came into being so Gods Power may be revealed. We hear in the Gospel of John in the story of the raising of Lazarus,"This illness does not lead to death; rather it is for God's glory, so that the Son of God may be glorified through it."

Also in Gospel of John, in the story of the man who was blind from birth we hear Yeshua respond to the question asked by his disciples regarding why this one is blind, "Neither this man nor his parents sinned; he was born blind so that God's works might be revealed in him."

In the case of Lazarus, we hear the Master speak the whole need for the resurrection itself came into being so that the people can witness Gods power and the power of resurrection. What a power! See, the people cannot write this one off, it is too miraculous, to unexplainable. In the case of the man born blind, Yeshua directly states this one was born blind for this very event, that this power may be made known and recognized.

Now, it must be noted, in both cases Yeshua hints that is for the sake of the revelation of this power that the Son of the Human One comes. He hints, the Glorification of Gods Power is the work here on the face of this earth, It is the work by day. In both cases he speaks of the "The Light of this World" and how one must walk by day and not by night. That in the day one can walk by the light of this world, but to walk by night, one will stumble, lacking the light of this world.

What does he mean speaking "The Light of this World"? and this being the The work while it is day"? We can turn to the last Beatitude which speaks a beautiful truth concerning this.

"You are the light of this world. A city built on a hill cannot be hid. No one after lighting a lamp puts it under a bushel basket, but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father in heaven." Your very being has been created to Glorify Gods Power, to reveal Gods Power! This speaks this power flows through you, that through you there can be an interaction with this reality display aware and awake, co-laboring with God to uplift and inspire, to participate is change and shifts all according to the Divine Kingdom, the Great Work. “By day” is this incarnation, here is where we work and here is where there may be an embodiment of the Light of this World, the Light through which each of us has come.

Oh, Holy One of Being, may each engage action that brings glorification to you this day!

Shalom,
Elder Sarah

elizabethduval

Re: The Glorification of God

#2 Postby elizabethduval » Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:27 pm

Shalom Elder Sarah!

As Steve and I were listening to the Shabbat course from last week about the Apostolic Succession and what it means....it struck me how Yeshua so clearly prepared the way for us. I kept thinking of this lesson from Yeshua from the Gospel of John...and now- reading what was written today- this speaks even louder to me:

John 14:10-13 Don't you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work. Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the works themselves. Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

Now I am hearing this in such a richer, deeper way than ever before. How do we do the works Yeshua did ( and greater) during his "physical" time on this earth? "We" do not do the works...but as we abide in the Father....( and Mother) and in this awareness...then we, too bring forth the Son. It is the Son within each of us that truly is the doer. I have a question: How is it that we will do "greater" works than Yeshua. Does that have to do with the Apostolic Sucession and Continuum- such as a continuing revelation that is unfolding?

Much gratitude for what has been shared in forum and the Shabbat discourses!

May we all learn what brings you glory, Holy One, in all things.

Elizabeth

+David

#3 Postby +David » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:52 am

Greetings Elder Sarah

Thank you for sharing this wonderful insight and teaching.

No matter how often we here the sacred words, layer upon layer of meaning continues to unfold.

It truly is: "He who hath ears to hear, let him hear!" It is "Shema" = "hear this!"

YHVH Aleichem

Yonah

#4 Postby Yonah » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:14 am

Greetings!

Thank you Elder Sarah for this post. Interestingly enough, I came on yesterday and was going to post a new thread based on the verse (Matthew 5:14-16):

"You are the light of this world. A city built on a hill cannot be hid. No one after lighting a lamp puts it under a bushel basket, but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father in heaven."

But, I saw your post first and decided to contemplate on it instead. I love how Shekinah moves because coming out of Feast on Friday, Sunday’s message came to me with the words “You are the light of the world.” It seems that this is what is happening from the energy of Feast of Apostolic Succession.

Yours dialog is beautiful and rich.

The verse quoted above is that once a city is built on a hill it cannot be hidden. Also that if you light a lamp you do not put it under a basket. Both of these things would be impossible or silly. In the case of the light (which is a flame) you might even burn up the basket. This makes me think about the fact that once we have embodied something of this presence, we absolutely cannot hide it. It seems that once we answer the call there really is no going back (not that I can even imagine anyone wanting to).

In this Feast and in your post, I am hearing that at this time we, as Sophians (and others in various Wisdom Tradition) need to embody as much of this light as we can and shine it out to the world. It’s time to put down distractions and realize what amazing beings we are in God. The world needs us to do good works and bring Light Transmission to the people and the land. For me, there is something of the Second Coming unfolding from this Feast. I know that it has begun and every moment is an unfolding, but it seems this particular Feast of Apostolic Succession was a call to unity and movement in the Spirit.

I’m wondering, Elder Sarah and others, if this is part of the sense you have from the Feast? I would also like to explore how, as a community, we can take this even further?

Shalom, Yonah
Shalom,
Yonah
EPS Columbus Gathering

sheryl
Site Admin

#5 Postby sheryl » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:16 pm

Shalom Elder Sarah and dear friends!

Thank you for sharing these thoughts with our online community. Praise and gratitude to the Giver of gifts!

What has been spoken feels connected with what Brother Phillip shared regarding Rega.

Elder Sarah, you taught sharing:

See, everything we witness is rather miraculous, only we need to see it that way. This becomes the work of the journey, to learn to see Gods power in all things and to participate as a conscious co-creator whom allows and takes up actions that reveal Gods Power. If this is the work, then we must know this is what we are to share with others. The act of sharing with others becomes the act of the glorification of God, the revelation of Gods power.

And from Brother Phillip:

I think this polarity in contemplating the principle of Rega in itself is quite compelling and may point us in the direction of the principle of Rapture, specifically a catalyzing principle which may be a part of Rega that brings about radical transformation...

... While we know that the principle of time is generated by the play between Hokmah and Binah, I believe this principle of reaching and not reaching that leaves Malkut and Yesod incomplete participates in the play of Rega.

Please excuse attempts to put thoughts into understandable words, but it seems that the Glorification of God in time and space requires that a consciousness enter in, becoming a time and space holder we might say, and with the principle of rega, pause, draw in what it timeless into time, completing what is incomplete?

Can we thus say that the Apostolic Succession is reaching? And that the Glorification of God is the reaching of the shefa and ruhaniyut, the everflow, into Malkut? Making the journey about God's Glorification, or the embodiment of the Divine Attributes?

As previously mentioned, rega appears at Pentecost:

When the day of Pentecost had come, they were all together in one place. And suddenly from heaven there came a sound like the rush of a violent wind, and it filled the entire house where they were sitting. Divided tongues, as of fire, appeared among them, and a tongue rested on each of them. All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other languages, as the Spirit gave them ability.

Please freely adjust, correct or clarify, as Mother wills.

May the Glory of God fill the earth through such pausal moments!

Sheryl

staroath

#6 Postby staroath » Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:36 am

Shalom dear friends,

I also have been deeply touched by the contemplations draw out above.

"For once I was blind, but now I can see!"

I offer today an additional perspective from Tau:

Quote:

If we consider the stories of the blind man, St. Lazarus and St. Paul, or the exile of St. Mirya of Magdala in Babylon, something of this appears to have transpired through them, and no doubt, many souls were uplifted because of their fall and suffering, and God was glorified, the Great Mercy and Power of God being revealed in their deliverance, healing and redemption. In these stories we may understand that this divine action of tzaddikim falling, but returning to God and being redeemed, extends into Anointed Community, the Living Body, and that something of this may be happening through us.

Consider this: If we are woven by Power from on High, if who and what we are is woven by God, then all that we are is given by God, and is a gift, if we are able to see it and receive it in that way. Thus, it is not only our apparent talents and apparent spiritual gifts that are "gifts" from God, but also our weaknesses and faults, and our sufferings, our entire person and life, and all of this is to be used in service to the kingdom of heaven and for the glorification of God, and so be uplifted and redeemed. If you look into it, very often your greatest strengths and talents are intimately connected with your greatest weaknesses and faults, and looking into it you will find, you cannot have one without the other.

Naturally, at times, our weaknesses and faults will cause us to stumble and fall, or to experience what appears to be a regression, a "backsliding," but when this happens, so we are humbled before God, and repenting, returning to God and calling upon God, so God will uplift and exalt us. When this happens, and when we bear witness of what God has done, and we give praise and thanks to God, God is glorified, and when we are uplifted, other souls are also uplifted with us. In this way weakness and error are transformed and are not exactly what they seem; they become a strength and righteousness in the end, for along with everything else of our person and life they are offered up to God and through them we serve the kingdom of heaven and God."

Perhaps can we say that this process of embracing "all as from God"( including our own personal blindness from birth and our distinctly unique journey where we arise from the tomb empowered by El Elyon), is the very act of putting our Light upon the Lampstand in the personal sense, but in the collective principle this perhaps can be viewed as a fundamental framework of the Apostolic Succession?

Star

Elder Sarah
Site Admin

#7 Postby Elder Sarah » Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:45 am

Shalom All!

I have been finding much enjoyment in all of the insights shared, thank you all for the inspiration!

In contemplation of the different angles through which this thread has been explored I am beginning to watch a beautiful swirl arise.

To begin, I feel the question Elizabeth asks gets at this subject beautifully. In studying John 14:10-13 a few points stand out. Notice Yeshua saying, "Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe in the evidence of the works themselves."In this statement, Yeshua is distinguishing two beliefs, one, to believe he is in the Father and the Father is in him, and two, the evidence of the works themselves. Feel the shift from a statement that acknowledges an inward knowledge of union, to a statement that points toward what is outwardly noticeable, the works themselves. Perhaps if we can see the differentiation between these two acknowledgements, then too we can see a similar parallel in his saying, "Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father."The "works" Yeshua has been doing are the events outwardly that glorify God, while the "greater things" point to the inward knowledge of union.

This idea begins to point to different gradations of the wonderworking art. We hear in the teachings a work that seamlessly blends with the reality display is a greater wonder than one through which an outward ceremonial display was needed. The gradation that engages an outward ceremonial gesture is very much needed otherwise how would one notice a seamless blend? Beings need to first witness in the "evidence of the works themselves",in order to even begin to see the seamless blend. Here we get into a rather sublime mystery. What is the material realm even for? What are outward wonders even for? We know through our recent discussions of Rega that the material realm is a realm where there is a pause between thought and manifestation. This moment of pause is a duration of time that offers the opportunity for a shift, an opportunity to rethink, to repent. Because of this principle we are able to more carefully observe and study cause and effect. We learn in the astral, spiritual and supernal realms this principle is less and less there, all the way to not there at all. In higher states of consciousness one thinks a thought and it is so. Such that we hear in the teachings of the Greater Prophet, it is said "one speaks and it is so". Though, to come to this knowledge we must first "slow things down" so to say, in order to look and see, understand how it works, and then begin to learn how it applies in a more "rapid" state of being. It is rather like learning to fly and airplane, one would not go directly to flying a massive jet liner. Instead, one would start on the ground, learning technique and how the controls even work before setting out in the air.

In saying, "You will do greater works than these", Yeshua is getting at a more subtle and sublime realization, one that has to do with more subtle works within and behind what appears, all the way to works in the heavens and works beyond the heavens. He is speaking of a wide range of works, works that exist beyond the physical. In this very dialog he is having he hints at this where he says, "In my Fathers house there are many dwelling places. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you?" Him speaking of "going to prepare a place for you" speaks of works beyond the physical.

Now, to contemplate how this connects with Apostolic Succession. I love Sister Sheryl's mention of the word "suddenly" in the Pentecost. This word hinting at rapture, hinting at being taken up. We must contemplate "rapture" or "being taken up" in connection with works done in realms other than the physical. When saying this, it is not meant these are not connected to the physical, they are very much, though, what is meant is "works" that are done "inner" or "higher" realms that then may participate in shifting what happens in the physical. "Rapture" is intriguing in this way, it speaks it is not only about here. Along these lines consider Enoch and his being taken up and his journey through inner realms and worlds. We hear with Enoch that in his generation he had no retinue, nobody to transmit to. Now, consider Yeshua and the first circle and the magnitude of the Retinue. From this consider Yeshua saying, "You will do greater works than these". Is he speaking of Retinue? and a growth of viable vehicles established on the face of the earth engaging of works that seek to transcend the need for physical works? With this in mind we must then look forward to the next feast we celebrate, the Feast of the Apocalypse, of Revelation. This feast is all about transcendence through embodiment, hence, the power of using here to transcend here. This is not an idea of "getting out of here", in fact just the opposite, it is expressing a mentality that can "be in the world but not of the world". It is a mentality that remembers the original intention of the Soul, a remembrance of why one has come. This is how "here" shifts", it is how "here" becomes the "Kingdom of Heaven spread out upon the Face of the Earth. This becomes a beautiful dialog of the Second Coming, doing "Greater works than these"!

May the people and the land find sanctuary in all of your realms, Oh Holy One!

Shalom,
Elder Sarah

elizabethduval

#8 Postby elizabethduval » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:02 am

Shalom Elder Sarah and friends!

Thank you Elder Sarah, and everyone for the wonderful explanations to the question I had asked about "how we will do greater works than Yeshua did" during his incarnation. This has given me so much joy in contemplation. It is truly wonderful news to know that we can and do accomplish "greater" works through prayer and wonder working. This is making more sense to me now, as this quote below from Elder Sarah summed it up so beautifully:

" Now, consider Yeshua and the first circle and the magnitude of the Retinue. From this consider Yeshua saying, "You will do greater works than these". Is he speaking of Retinue? and a growth of viable vehicles established on the face of the earth engaging of works that seek to transcend the need for physical works? With this in mind we must then look forward to the next feast we celebrate, the Feast of the Apocalypse, of Revelation. This feast is all about transcendence through embodiment, hence, the power of using here to transcend here. This is not an idea of "getting out of here", in fact just the opposite, it is expressing a mentality that can "be in the world but not of the world". It is a mentality that remembers the original intention of the Soul, a remembrance of why one has come. This is how "here" shifts", it is how "here" becomes the "Kingdom of Heaven spread out upon the Face of the Earth. This becomes a beautiful dialog of the Second Coming, doing "Greater works than these"!"

Thank you all for the wonderful contemplations!

With much love and gratitude,

Elizabeth

Return to “The Gnostic Path: Spiritual Life & Practice”