The Threefold Flame in the Heart

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#1 Postby Tau Malachi » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:06 pm

Threefold Flame: Three Objects of Sanctuary

As initiates of our tradition know, often when we invoke various spiritual forces in sacred ceremony we will say, "Behold the sign of initiation upon my brow, the threefold flame that burns in my heart, and remember my voice and answer my call."

Before venturing into a contemplation of the entire phrase I'd like to share something concerning the "threefold flame in the heart." As we know, this is most often said to correspond with faith, hope and love, and with knowledge, understanding and wisdom in Supernal Realization. There is, however, other correspondences given to the threefold flame, the objects of refuge in the outer manifestation of the Threefold Sanctuary: Yeshua Messiah, Gospel and Anointed Community (Church). Just as from faith, hope and love there is a progression to knowledge understanding and wisdom, so the correspondence of the outer manifestation of the Threefold Sanctuary evolve into the inner manifestation: Anointed Tzaddik, Great Angel and Holy Bride (Holy Shekinah).

Here is a seed of light to see a wonderful mystery. Contemplate this well, and understand!

When the Holy Spirit moves again I'll continue this contemplation, and expand upon it. This, however, is enough for the moment.

May all receive Holy Sanctuary who seek it! Amen.

Shalom Aleichem!
Tau Malachi
Sophia Fellowship
Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Yonah

Re: The Threefold Flame in the Heart

#2 Postby Yonah » Mon May 04, 2015 7:03 am

Greetings!

Thank you for this contemplation and these teachings. Interestingly enough, without seeing this post, I read the following verse from Secret Gospel of Mary at our Feast of Saint Mary Magdalene this past Friday.

43. Mary said to her disciples, “When the Risen Savior appears, look into his heart, and there you will see a threefold flame of Sophia. It is faith, hope and love, but inwardly it is knowledge, understanding and wisdom. Ask the Lord to give you this Holy Flame, so that you also might enter the kingdom and be perfect as the Father and Son are perfect.”

There are a couple of things that come to me from the teaching you offer. First, it seems that the correspondences show that faith, hope, and love are only truly generated by cleaving to Yeshua Messiah, Gospel, and Anointed Community. And then of course this would imply that true knowledge, understanding, and wisdom come from cleaving to Anointed Tzaddik, Great Angel, and the Holy Bride. I associate knowledge, understanding, and wisdom with Da'at, Binah, and Hokmah - making me question if this refers to full supernal realization, while faith, hope, and love correspond to a lower realization?

Since there are six of these with an inference of unity, I naturally think of Interior Stars as well and wonder if there is a correspondence to the lower 3, the heart, and then the upper 3?

I look forward to exploring this mystery further!
Aleichem Shalom, Yonah
Shalom,
Yonah
EPS Columbus Gathering

Elder Gideon
Site Admin

#3 Postby Elder Gideon » Fri May 08, 2015 4:45 am

Shalom Tau Malachi!

This contemplation of the Threefold Flame takes me many places. Having just delved into a rich conversation with a companion on the Hebrew letter ג, which also enumerates three, showed more integral symmetries of the Tree of Life I'd not heard before.

An essence of the Threefold Flame that might be added to this conversation concerns the Three Roots: remembering one's transcendence, setting one's mind on things above, knowing the Holy One is here-now. I've enjoyed how each of these roots are parallel with the three foci of refuge of which you'd mentioned, Tau Malachi:

Remembering one's transcendence: Messiah-Tzaddik-Truth Body

Setting one's mind on things above: Gospel-Great Angel-Glory Body

Knowing the Holy One is here-now: Community-Bride-Emanation Body

It occurs to me to ask if the three foci of refuge, being outer, inner, secret, can be imagined in another way as I heard the Spirit in the recent discussion of ג. Messiah-Gospel-Community has been attributed to the past; Tzaddik-Great Angel-Bride has been attributed to the present; Truth Body-Glory Body-Emanation Body has been attributed to the future. What I'm hearing differently, and this may or may not be integral, is that a dimension of the past/outer sanctuary surrounds us the context from which all comes. The inner/present sanctuary is a living individual's experience of this context. The secret/future sanctuary is the fusion, weave, or merger of all distinctions of the outer and the inner.

In my experience, when the outside and inside collapse, I recognized an overwhelming, humbling light, presence, and power too familiar and simple to describe. This is the synthesis at its most intimate, the outside like the inside so indistinct that awareness alone exists, independent of any points of reference.

I welcome any corrections needed while this new contemplation is still 'cooling' and taking its shape.

Elder Gideon

Marion

#4 Postby Marion » Fri May 08, 2015 7:56 am

Shalom!

Thank you Tau Malachi for sharing this wonderful contemplation with us!

In reading and contemplating these posts, what sparked is a contemplation of how we often speak of three layers of the heart and a secret center within. I've heard these layers spoken of as faith, hope and love. What I never thought to ask before is if these layers are what is meant by "the threefold flame in the heart?" In these contemplations that have been shared and the association with the tree roots by Elder Gideon, I'm hearing that this threefold flame speaks of a passionate cleaving to the Holy One. A whole cleaving with heart, mind and life. Yeshua speaks: "Let your eye be single and your whole body will be filled with light." I'm wondering then, is this threefold flame one flame?–that is, one intention with three aspects? Because we don't say: three flames, we say: threefold flame. Focusing on the three sanctuaries I am empowered in all aspects of my life to live according to the Gospel or at least this is the aim!

Blessings and Shalom!
Marion

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#5 Postby Tau Malachi » Fri May 08, 2015 9:10 am

Shalom,

Your insight is lovely Marion, and it is true, there is one holy flame with three aspects, and the foundation of this flame is in yechidah, the divine spark in us or our unique essence.

If we consider faith, hope and love, each of these is complete when manifest together with the others, and the same is true of knowledge, understanding and wisdom, the fullness of each is manifest with the others. So it is with the threefold flame within our heart, this fiery intelligence of our heart.

May the Threefold Flame burn brightly within us and may its Holy Light shine from within us! Amen.

Blessings!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#6 Postby Tau Malachi » Sat May 09, 2015 9:49 am

Greetings and blessings in the Holy Light of the Messiah!

Contemplating what you have asked Yonah, if we consider what St. Paul has to say about knowledge, versus faith, hope and love it seems that these three spiritual gifts need to be present with every gradation of realization if, indeed, it is a realization in the Messiah. As we acquire knowledge, understanding and wisdom, faith, hope and love grow and mature, and we may say that the threefold flame “burns brighter.”

Understand that if we awaken and uplift the serpent power, and we experience higher grades of mental consciousness and even venture to the threshold of Supernal Consciousness, but we do not have love and the awareness of our innate union with all and the source of all, then this can be the making of a false prophet or sorcerer, one who becomes bound up in the Great Abyss and the Other Side. Thus, the greater realization in the Messiah requires the full generation of the threefold flame and sacred heart, and in our experience this is the very nature of Supernal or Messianic Consciousness.

Now faith, hope and love are associated with the heart, and knowledge, understanding and wisdom are associated with the head (or brow). Understanding this, faith, hope and love are the gate and pathway to spiritual knowledge, understanding and wisdom, and knowledge, understanding and wisdom are the fruition and fulfillment of faith, hope and love. In our journey in the Gospel our focus is upon opening our heart, aware that when our heart opens so also does our mind; our aim as Gnostics is to join the heart and head in harmony, and to allow our heart and the Holy Spirit to lead us in the Way.

Concerning the secret sanctuary Gideon, remember that it’s called ‘secret’ for a reason. The truth of that inmost sanctuary, which is the enlightenment experience itself, cannot be spoken or explained, but rather, one must enter into the corresponding enlightenment experience to understand. We can, however, give something of a hint concerning this sanctuary. If the outer and inner sanctuaries correspond with three attributes each, then this must also be true of the secret sanctuary. Thus, it must have something to do with the realization of the Ain Nature, or Clear Light Nature; hence, the recognition and realization of the three qualities of the nature of mind, consciousness or soul and the Supernal Influx that comes with this realization. Contemplate this well, and understand!

(Three qualities: Ain, Ain Sof, Or Ain Sof.)

These were a few further thoughts I wished to share.

Shalom Aleichem!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

staroath

Dances with Three

#7 Postby staroath » Wed May 13, 2015 4:29 am

Shalom!

I am very inspired with the current beauty and simplicity being drawn out is this discussion!

The idea that faith, hope and love can be associated with the heart, and knowledge, understanding and wisdom associated with the brow or head, in addition to the correspondences to the Threefold Santuary, creates quite a marvelous swirl that is new to my hearing!

I am asking if perhaps a deeper contemplation can be drawn out by associating Ain, Ain Sof and Or Ain Sof with the Transcendent or Secret Star?

Perhaps this is a awkward oversimplification and I am missing the mark, any corrections or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Blessings,
Star

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#8 Postby Tau Malachi » Wed May 13, 2015 9:09 am

Shalom,

The transcendent star corresponds with the Supernals. According to the Sefer Yetzirah all of the Sefirot are inseparable from Ain Sof. In that the interior stars are expressions of the spiritual power of the Sefirot the truth of Ain, Ain Sof and Or Ain Sof relates with them all.

If you consider it, these interior stars, our body of light and the divine spark in us are the radiance of Or Ain Sof, the Light of the Infinite.

That said, one way Ain might be ascribed to the transcendent star is when Keter is called Ain, for the Supernals correspond with that star.

Blessings!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Elder Gideon
Site Admin

Surrounded

#9 Postby Elder Gideon » Thu May 14, 2015 5:26 am

Shalom Friends!

I'm grateful for what you've reminded, Tau Malachi, how Ain-Ain Sof-Ain Sof Or are the foundation and substrate of the sefirot. The Transcendent Star of late for me has less to do with an exact point above by head and more to do with the totality of the seven stars aligned, balanced, opened, and in concert.

The eighth star being the union of seven is parallel with how a twenty-sixth aspect of soul is the union of all five parts of soul within all five parts. In the same way, I hear three being the union of two, returning me to an idea of which I'd asked earlier in this thread of the Threefold Flame regarding the dynamism of outer, inner, and secret of sanctuary as contexts of experience.

Messiah-Gospel-Community have been attributed to the past; Tzaddik-Great Angel-Bride have been attributed to the present; Truth Body-Glory Body-Emanation Body have been attributed to the future. What I'm hearing differently, and this may or may not be integral, is that a dimension of the past/outer sanctuary surrounds us as the context from which all historical evidence comes. The inner/present sanctuary is a living individual's experience of this context in the moment as it is happening. The secret/future sanctuary is the fusion, weave, or merger of all distinctions of the outer and the inner, past and present. It is described as secret because one can only point to this most intimate, unspeakable familiarity beyond words.

If this is near or far from the mark, it holds many new implications in my hearing, the most surprising being that these 'three' vertical arrays of sanctuary are equally circumferential. In other words, inner is naturally surrounded by outer, the union of these two being secret.

What may be corrected of this interpretation of sanctuaries? What further implications or contemplations come by orienting them in this way?

Gratefully,

Elder Gideon

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#10 Postby Tau Malachi » Thu May 14, 2015 9:15 am

Grace and peace to you in Hayyah Yeshua!

Yes, dear brother, it is as you have said. We may contemplate the threefold sanctuary in the way you have presented it.

Consider the symbol traced with holy oil upon the forehead of an initiate during their initiation in the tradition, an equal-armed cross that’s encircled. The symbol used indicates something of the mystery you have spoken, and through the anointing with the Perfect Light and Holy Spirit it represents we are established in the holy sanctuary, joined to the Body of the Messiah – Anointed Community, and our energetic being and body of light is sealed.

Perhaps now we may consider the “sign of initiation on the brow.”

Shalom!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Marion

#11 Postby Marion » Sun May 24, 2015 9:10 am

Shabbat Shalom!

In contemplation of “the sign of initiation upon the brow” I was wondering if this could be attributed to the three-fold rite of baptism? if so, could the three-fold flame in the heart be attributed to the inner baptism: word, radiant holy breath and laying on of hands? The sign of initiation upon the brow feels like more of an outward symbol than the three-fold flame. Because the brow is on the outside of the body for all to see whereas, the heart is hidden within the body. So only those who can see into the heart can see the flame.

Is there also a progression from four to three in the brow to the heart? Because in baptism, the sign of the cross is traced upon the brow, and in the heart is a three-fold flame. In this I hear an ascension, because four connotes the four elements: earth, water, fire and air. Three is sometimes the three elements without earth, earth being the congealing of the other three elements. I’m thinking about the Mother letters in this regard: Aleph-air, Mem-water and Shin-fire. There is no mother letter associated with earth, so sometimes Tau (the last letter) is associated with earth. Also, in the outer rite of baptism, anyone who has the desire to can be baptized. In the inner form of baptism, the Holy Spirit receives a person. The outer form of baptism feels like an outward purification and the inner form of baptism feels like an inner purification.

Connected to this, I’m wondering if we can see the sign of initiation upon the brow as an orientation of ones life to the continuum-to God? In this, I’m reminded of a phrase in the traditional Shabbat invocation: “May we love the Lord with all of our mind, all of our heart and all of our life (or body or strength).” May we contemplate the sign of initiation upon the brow as loving the Lord with all of our life?

This sign also seems like a shield warding off spirits of the other side, archons and demons. Because when our life becomes wholly oriented to the continuum, archons and demons will no longer have a place inside of us. There will be no room, it will all be filled with light! Naturally, if our life becomes oriented to the Divine, the mind and heart will follow. Therefore, I’m hearing this phrase as a purification of ourselves on all levels and as an invitation of the Holy Spirit into all levels of our being. Praise God!

Blessings,
Marion

Anna

#12 Postby Anna » Wed May 27, 2015 5:49 am

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

I am enjoying this illuminating discussion! With Sister Marion bringing in the four elements I began contemplating the Three Times of Prayer in our tradition. I wonder if these Three Times might be a physical enactment of the Three-Fold Flame, an invocation of Sanctuary in which Supernal Consciousness may dawn--which might be attributed to the Fourth Time when the passionate ones "arise at midnight?" Might this "arising at midnight" be an invocation of the "Sun at Midnight," the arising of Radiant Awareness in all states--awake, asleep or in death and the after life? In this case, I am seeing the fourth element, earth represented by Tau, in the north, completing and encompassing the Sacred Circle, giving rise to the Fifth Element in the Center, Spirit Space, direction within and containing all.

Perhaps I am simply enamored of the threes and fours being brought into this contemplation of the Three-Fold Flame but it does bring up this line of inquiry for me. I pray for Mother's continued guidance and blessing in this lovely thread of contemplation! May all beings be drawn up into the Sanctuary of Grace in the Risen Messiah!

Shalom!
Anna

Elder Gideon
Site Admin

Being Marked

#13 Postby Elder Gideon » Thu May 28, 2015 5:29 pm

Shalom!

The letter ת (tav) entered first of all [to propose beginning creation]. She said, 'Master of the worlds, may it please You to create the world by me, for I complete Your seal: אמת (emet), truth—and You are called Truth. It is fitting for the King of Truth to being with a letter of truth and to create the world by me.'

The Blessed Holy One replied, 'You are seemly and worthy, but not deserving to initiate Creation, since you are destined to be marked on the foreheads of the faithful who fulfilled the Torah from א (alef) to ת (tav), and by your mark they will die. Furthermore you are the seal of מות (mavet), death. So you do not deserve to serve as the instrument of Creation. She immediately departed (Zohar Introduction I:2b).

When we consider tav with the dual purpose of a double-letter attributed to Saturn (Shabbatai) ruling materiality and as something of a kind of 'Mother' letter for the element earth, the sign of initiation in our lineage on the brow is growing with many beautiful meanings.

We make this mark traditionally with a vertical bar of anointing oil, speaking, "In the Name of the Heavenly Father." We then make horizontal mark across this vertical, speaking, "And Earthly Mother." Starting at the top of the vertical, we draw a circle around all ends of this equal-armed cross, speaking, "The Spiritual Sun," to dab in the center, "and Holy Spirit." By this sign of initiation, beings-forces recognize one anointed. By this same sign, we may call upon the help of our angelic siblings with simple intention. By this, we're marked.

I hear the Zohar alluding to such a mark from Ezekiel. Perhaps it it was the ancient form of tav, which I understand was a simple x-shape made by one clothed in linen with a writing-case accompanied by wrathful angels. Midrashim name this scribe as Archangel Gabriel:

Then he cried in my hearing with a loud voice, saying, ‘Draw near, you executioners of the city, each with his destroying weapon in his hand.’ And six men came from the direction of the upper gate, which faces north, each with his weapon for slaughter in his hand; among them was a man clothed in linen, with a writing-case at his side. They went in and stood beside the bronze altar.

Now the glory of the God of Israel had gone up, from the cherub on which it rested, to the threshold of the house. The Lord called to the man clothed in linen, who had the writing-case at his side, and said to him, ‘Go through the city, through Jerusalem, and put a mark on the foreheads of those who sigh and groan over all the abominations that are committed in it.’ To the others he said in my hearing, ‘Pass through the city after him, and kill; your eye shall not spare, and you shall show no pity. Cut down old men, young men and young women, little children and women, but touch no one who has the mark. And begin at my sanctuary’
(9:1-6).

Our Messianic Kabbalah can reasonably transfer this scenario from Ezekiel to Apocalypse describing the foreheads of the elect marked with seal of God or the name of the Father. What they simply have in common regards being marked and set aside from destruction. What's most beautiful about this is how this same mark connotes the element earth when realized, embodied. To have so integrated with the Supernal light hidden within the matter of one's body does set one aside from destruction, for such a one is identified with ain. This is why the title of a senior lineage holder is Tau, for whom form and formlessness are no different.

What may be corrected and more may be said of this sign of initiation on the brow?

Gratefully,

Elder Gideon

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#14 Postby Tau Malachi » Sat May 30, 2015 9:08 am

Grace and peace to you in Hayyah Yeshua!

The “sign of initiation,” as described in my previous post, corresponds with the anointing we receive in the threefold rite of initiation in the Gnostic Path, and traditionally with holy oil a circled equal-armed cross is traced upon the initiate’s forehead. This, of course, is an outer and symbolic gesture indicating a hidden, inner movement, for the true anointing is the reception of the Perfect Light and Holy Spirit; hence, it is the experience of Light Transmission and our rebirth from above, from heaven. This reception of the Holy Light and Spirit is our true initiation, and that the Perfect Light and Holy Spirit is within us, corresponds with the “sign of initiation,” which can, in fact, be seen by those who have eyes to see it.

You may recall that in the Holy Scriptures there are stories of angels sent to put a sign on the head of the righteous before the Day of Judgment and that those with this sign would be passed over by the angels of wrath and angel of death. In this regard this is akin to the blood of the lamb put on the lintels of doorways of Hebrew homes before the slaying of the firstborn in Egypt, but with this mark given by angels to the righteous the salvation becomes individual not collective. In this we may understand than this anointing makes a soul untouchable to klippot, so that abiding in the Threefold Sanctuary and cleaving to the Risen Messiah, in the Blessed Name all spirits are subject to the Christ-Spirit in us.

Also, consider where this sign is symbolically placed, the forehead or brow, the place of the “third eye” or inner sight. Remember what the Master teaches concerning the kingdom of heaven, “The kingdom of heaven is spread out upon the earth, but there are few who have eyes to see it.” Along with this, remember the instruction of the Master, “Let your eye be single and you whole body will be filled with light.” This anointing, this initiation, brings awareness of the kingdom of heaven and the capacity to look and see Reality as It Is and God as God Is; and likewise, it stirs, awakens and uplifts the serpent power to the heart, brow and crown, our body becoming filled with light and fire, our subtle body shining like the sun – a star of heaven.

If we look at the symbol traced with holy oil on our brow, the vertical line corresponds with the Holy Light from above, and with heaven and awareness of our transcendence, the horizontal line corresponds with that fiery light realized everywhere below, and with earth and embodiment, and the awareness of Emmanuel, “God is with us.” The circle corresponds with the union of heaven and earth in us, the full realization of the indwelling Christ, and full reintegration with the Infinite One (Ain Sof).

Understand, baptism is a rite of purification preparing and opening the way for this, and our anointing with holy oil is an outward sign of this inward reception of the Holy Light and Spirit of God, and then the wedding feast is a seal upon this, and we celebrate our unification with Christ in God – remembering our innate unity with the universe and the Infinite One. Such is the Threefold rite of Initiation. Our initiation, though, is our anointing, for as the Gospel of St. Philip teaches us an aspirant can go down into the water and come up receiving nothing, or they can go down into the water and come up receiving the Holy Light and Spirit, and those who receive are called Christians, for the name indicates one who is anointed with the Perfect Light and Spirit of God, and who is therefore joined to the Body of Christ, Anointed Community.

Understanding this, the “sign of initiation” is the image and likeness of Christ and God in us, and to “see” it is to see that we are in Christ and that God is with us. Praise God!

These were some thoughts arising following morning prayers.

Shalom Aleichem!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

sheryl
Site Admin

The Mark of Initiation on the Brow

#15 Postby sheryl » Sat May 30, 2015 9:22 am

Consider the symbol traced with holy oil upon the forehead of an initiate during their initiation in the tradition, an equal-armed cross that’s encircled. The symbol used indicates something of the mystery you have spoken, and through the anointing with the Perfect Light and Holy Spirit it represents we are established in the holy sanctuary, joined to the Body of the Messiah – Anointed Community, and our energetic being and body of light is sealed.

Shalom Dear Tau and Friends!

It has been a delight to read all of your contemplations and thoughts! Praise be She!

If it be God's Will, might I share what your delightful insights and brought to mind?

Above, dear Tau, you stated, it (the sign of the initiation) represents we are established in the holy sanctuary, joined to the Body of the Messiah – Anointed Community, and our energetic being and body of light is sealed.

Can we say that the 'mark' that is perceived in the spiritual, is not this outward mark, but a mark on the brow star itself that arises with receipt of the inner form of initiation, when we are established in the holy sanctuary, joined to the Body of the Messiah?

If this thought is proper, the question then arises, what is this mark? The reception of any initiation is often called an empowerment, but what comes to mind this day with empowerment is something Eldert Sarah shared this week, in a difference perceived between Tzaddik and community: Awareness. It is often said "remember the mark upon your brow". Can it be that this calling of remembrance is related to awareness? Remember the awareness with which you have been anointed?

This brings rise to other questions, such as what awareness looks like? Is awareness light? And so the greater the Light, the Light Body, the greater the awareness? And visa versa?

edited to add: I just saw your post, dear Tau, which brings to mind another question. When we are speaking of the joining of heaven and earth, as in the circle traced in mark of initiation, it comes to mind that we are speaking of peace, so that the mark of initiation upon our brow becomes, not only an opening, an increased awareness, but also the resulting peace. So that our call to remembrance is a call to remember peace.

Any corrections, adjustments, or additions to these thoughts will be received with gratitude.

Sheryl

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#16 Postby Tau Malachi » Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:00 am

Shalom,

The “mark” is the touch of the Holy Light and Spirit, and when “touched” there is light within and around us – something of the brightness of Christ and God. Truly, this Holy Light, and the Fire of the Spirit, is the “sign of initiation.”

With the Holy Light that comes from above there is peace, corresponding with the White Father Seed, and when we are set on fire with the Holy Spirit there is passionate love and a movement of great force with, in and through us, corresponding with the Red Mother Seed; hence, there is, indeed, peace and joy in the Anointing (Messiah).

It is true, light is awareness, awareness is light, and therefore, the greater the presence of awareness, the greater the light that shines within and around us. In various ways we generate light power, most especially through study and contemplation of the Torah and Gospel, and through good works. These, along with other expressions of the spiritual life taught to us, generate light-power, or greater brightness in the body of light, allowing our soul to draw nearer and nearer to the Holy One of Being.

Blessings!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#17 Postby Tau Malachi » Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:23 am

Grace and peach to you in Hayyah Yeshua! Amen.

“…And remember my voice and answer my call.”

This is the final part of this phrase commonly used in theurgic invocations, and it is perhaps the most curious of the three parts. On the surface the meaning appears simple enough. It invites remembrance of previous encounters and the relationships formed through them. In our spiritual labor with angels and spirits we do, indeed, form strong connections and even what may be called friendships, and it is our hope that our acquaintanceships are remembered and preserved, and that the Holy One may bless them.

We could read this, “Remember when we last spoke, and come now, and let us speak again.”

Joined with the other two parts of this phrase, however, this is a call to remember us in the Messiah, in the Light Continuum, or to look and see who we are in the Holy One. Thus, this reaches beyond our mortal name and form, and the personal history of this incarnation. As you might surmise, as much as a call for angels and spirits to “remember,” this is a call for our own remembrance – the remembrance of the inner aspects of our soul, and the unification of our soul with Christ in God.

There is, of course, something more esoteric underlying the remembrance of “voice,” for every soul has a unique vibration and tone, a unique “voice,” and that voice is the emanation, expression, of the voice of God, understanding that each soul is, in fact, a word of God, and “our voice” is how we are uttered from the “mouth of God.” Taking up this “voice,” which is akin to taking up our true will, all spiritual forces move in alignment and harmony with us.

Shabbat Shalom!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Marion

#18 Postby Marion » Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:12 am

Shabbat Shalom!

In contemplating the phrase: “and remember my voice and answer my call.” Something that was said earlier came up:

“Before venturing into a contemplation of the entire phrase I'd like to share something concerning the "threefold flame in the heart." As we know, this is most often said to correspond with faith, hope and love, and with knowledge, understanding and wisdom in Supernal Realization. There is, however, other correspondences given to the threefold flame, the objects of refuge in the outer manifestation of the Threefold Sanctuary: Yeshua Messiah, Gospel and Anointed Community (Church). Just as from faith, hope and love there is a progression to knowledge understanding and wisdom, so the correspondence of the outer manifestation of the Threefold Sanctuary evolve into the inner manifestation: Anointed Tzaddik, Great Angel and Holy Bride (Holy Shekinah).”

I was wondering if the three corresponds here could also relate to the three phrases? So that "Behold the sign of initiation upon my brow,” as faith, “the threefold flame that burns in my heart,” with hope and “and remember my voice and answer my call.” with love? which proves interesting because the word “heart” lev, spelled לב is contained in the word interpreted for voice: bakol, בקל.

I was also wondering if something similar could be done with the correspondences that Elder Gideon laid out:

Remembering one's transcendence: Messiah-Tzaddik-Truth Body

Setting one's mind on things above: Gospel-Great Angel-Glory Body

Knowing the Holy One is here-now: Community-Bride-Emanation Body

If this could be done then “and remember my voice and answer my call” would correspond to knowing the Holy One is here-now and Emanation body. This relates to a question that came, does this phrase have to do with manifesting? Because it has been said that the first step to manifesting something is speech. In this regard, I was also wondering if the Voice and Call has to do with the word of heaven and the word of earth, as in an alignment of God’s will and our will? This has a lot to do with theurgy because in divine theurgy, things can manifest here and theurgy is only good and true of our will is aligned with God’s will so that we are manifesting God’s will.

It is interesting that where these three signs are placed are the upper three interior stars, in brow, heart and throat respectively. I noticed in an earlier post on the sign of initiation upon the brow Tau says: “likewise, it stirs, awakens and uplifts the serpent power to the heart, brow and crown,” So now I’m wondering if these three phrases are properly contemplated in the heart, brow and crown, or if this teaching was only relating to the sign of initiation?

Marion

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#19 Postby Tau Malachi » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:51 pm

Shalom,

Those are several varied associations. Can't say that I've taken up contemplation of this phrase of invocation in quite that way before. Perhaps, though, in such contemplation some insights might be drawn out.

As for "remember my voice and answer me when I call," "voice" is Kol, which is a cognomen of Yesod. This Hebrew word means both "voice" and "all." Given the correspondence of Kol with Yesod, and Yesod with the navel, on an esoteric level voice may be understood as attributed to the navel. This becomes a most intriguing contemplation. Commenting on Exodus 19:1, I was just sharing a teaching earlier on the voice and speech of God at Sinai. For a deeper contemplation of "remember my voice" perhaps consider what I posted on the subject of voice in the forum discussing scriptures.

Blessings!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Elder Gideon
Site Admin

Collaboration

#20 Postby Elder Gideon » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:48 pm

Shalom Everyone!

What I've observed in ceremonial contexts when this expression, Remember my voice and answer my call is the relationship formed in this and over previous lives. The span of existence for maggidim and spirits exceeds our own incomparably. What they remember of a voice and call of a mage or mature practitioner must then be more than the physical sound of one's voice and call in a point in the past. How accurate is it to understand this principle of voice and call as preceding this lifetime?

Within this lifetime, having voiced and called upon my elder angel and spirit siblings to lend energy or witness to ceremonial work, draws upon a principle of merit, inviting from a memory of light work and worship. Remember when we did something last time? Let's engage again for our respective realms and worlds, that we may all recognize and realize the Holy One within and beyond us all! My desire for all spirits is their enlightenment and liberation in the Messiah. The future is neither over nor decided for beings-forces, as we see in the degrading and tragic events surfacing physically through acts of humankind.

My hope when I speak the words Remember my voice and answer my call is that the memory in this matrix held by beings-forces honoring Messiah, clearly shines in my heart, inviting by way of my intention of their elevation by my presence below through my elevation by their presence above. To speak this line of the Three-fold Flam, particularly in theurgic work outdoors, invokes a collaboration, which is how everything gets done in every plane of existence. By staying in my heart and wishing for their best, I grow in confidence with wonder-working and worship of the Most High, trusting that resonant beings-forces will come and empower prayer, mutually expanding our respective realms.

This line of practical contemplation touches Psalm 8:3-5

When I look at your heavens, the work of your fingers,
the moon and the stars that you have established;
what are human beings that you are mindful of them,
mortals that you care for them?
Yet you have made them a little lower than God,
and crowned them with glory and honor.

What becomes of this teaching from this Psalm in light of the remembrance of voice and the answer of a call?

I ask that the Mother of all beings-forces expand and bless this insight while I lead a retreat this week outdoors. May my friends visible and invisible be empowered with greater confidence in the Spirit! VHYH!

Gratefully,

Elder Gideon

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#21 Postby Tau Malachi » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:26 am

Grace and peace to you in Hayyah Yeshua, the Risen Messiah!

Indeed, dear brother, “voice” transcends this person and life, or our present ruach and nefesh, emanating from neshamah, our heavenly soul, and its root is in our yechidah, our divine spark. As is written elsewhere, there is “voice” and there is “speech,” and voice corresponds with the utterances of the soul throughout all incarnations, while speech corresponds with the utterances of the soul in an individual incarnation, and specifically those drawing upon voice, corresponding with the intention and desires of our holy neshamah.

Listen and hear, and understand! Voice corresponds with Yesod, and Yesod is called the Holy Tzaddik, “the foundation of the world,” and when a holy tzaddik or wonderworker engages this invocation they unify their soul with the Sefirot and Holy Partzuf, and they are speaking from neshamah; hence they are speaking as a holy and heavenly being, one who is like unto the angels, and one who is exalted above them in Ruach Elohim, the Spirit of the Messiah.

When a living tzaddik engages this phrase in invocation they abide in union with the Messiah in Elohim, and they form themselves as channel of the influxes of the Holy Sefirot, embodying those influxes. In Body of Glory they appear like unto Hua, the Great Angel of Messiah, and Yesod and Malkut of Atzilut are united, the Holy Shekinah becoming manifest in her full power and glory, the angel of the Shekinah going before them, the great luminous assembly surrounding them; hence they generate an appearance akin to Yeshua Messiah in the transfiguration. Therefore angels and spirits align with them and move in harmony with them – all spiritual forces move with them, and the Sovereignty of the Holy One is made manifest, all as ordained by El Elyon, the Supreme.

Consider what follows the verses you have quoted from Psalm 8:

“You have given them dominion over the works of your hands; you have put all things under their feet, all sheep and oxen, and also beasts of the field, the birds of the air, and the fish of the sea, whatever passes along the paths of the sea” (6-8).

If we understand this as a revelation of spiritual humanity, and already we know humankind in general has dominion over the creatures of this world, then this is speaking of matters in realms and worlds of inner dimensions, in the world of spirits and angels, and so on. Thus, “sheep” and “oxen,” these are the souls of faithful and bestial humankind to whom it is given that spiritual humanity seeks to attend and uplift, laboring to return souls to God. The “beasts of the field,” these are the archonic spiritual forces and the birds of the air are angelic forces, and the “fish of the sea” implies the domain of Leviathan, here representing the demonic forces, as well as certain other-dimensional forces and forces of chaos, destruction. “Whatever passes along the paths of the sea (Yam)” corresponds with all of this, and all manner of spirits, celestial, elemental and so on; hence, truly, all spiritual beings-forces of creation, divine, archonic and demonic, along with those that move in between these three manifestations of spiritual forces.

This psalm concludes:

“O Yahweh, our Sovereign, how majestic is your Name in all the earth!” (9).

The Name, and Sovereignty, this is Malkut-Shekinah, and the paths of the sea, this is all of the Holy Sefirot and Netivot contained in Malkut; when an anointed tzaddik engages the continuum, drawing all spiritual forces into harmony with Ratzon Elyon, the will of the Supreme, the Holy Shekinah is manifest in her full glory and power in that place, and the place becomes Makom – God is revealed in that place.

Understand, though, that the array of spiritual forces at any moment, in any place, is the manifestation of Shekinah, peaceful, wrathful or blissful. If and when Yesod and Malkut are not properly unified, as we know, the Other Side is nourished and acquires greater influence and dominion. God forbid! Tzaddikim are acutely aware of this and therefore they are zealous for Yahweh, and they tend the flame of the continuum daily with abiding contemplation and unceasing prayer, invoking the good company of the Holy Shekinah as they walk in this world, receiving influxes of the Holy Sefirot for the people and the land. Understanding this, we too seek to be zealous for Yahweh, taking up the spiritual labor of the tzaddikim, seeking to live as a tzaddik – a righteous person, a spiritual human being.

Now, as you might imagine, when tzaddikim run and return again and again through numerous incarnations, in numerous realms and worlds, they form connections with and become acquainted with countless spirits and souls, and all kinds of spiritual forces, and in a manner of speaking they have a vast array of “friends” and “companions.” When this phrase of invocation is uttered they appear in their Body of Glory and reveal their true identity as a traveler and messenger of the Holy One – a true priest of the Order of Melchizedek, reminding those who know them of their image in the Supernal Abode and Light Continuum – the eternal realm.

Here we may recall that true tzaddikim have an invisible and visible assembly, and that their invisible assembly is always far greater, more numerous, than their apparent visible assembly. Thus, they teach and initiate on earth, in the material dimension, and also in the inner dimensions and the realms and worlds within them. If incarnate, however, they have set their focus here to be with us, so that they might help uplift us in return to God.

“…And answer my call.” Understand, this is not a demand or command, nor is it a conjuration of spirits by force, but rather it is an invitation, welcoming those who wish to come in peace, inviting a communion in the Holy Shekinah. The intention of a holy tzaddik or wonderworker invoking spirits is for the sake of the salvation of the spirits, a preaching of the Holy Gospel to them and uplifted them, blessing the spirits as they commune and share their knowledge and power. Thus the intention is a reciprocal interaction, an exchange of sparks or energy, laboring for the enlightenment and liberation of all sentient beings.

May we abide in communion with the Holy One, receiving all who come in peace and who seek to enter into the Holy Light! Amen.

Shalom Aleichem!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Marion

#22 Postby Marion » Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:52 am

Shabbat Shalom!

These teachings on voice and speech are really wonderful, thank you for sharing them!
I’m hearing voice and speech a little differently now than in the past. Tau said that voice emanates from neshamah, is it right then to assume that speech emanates from Nefesh? Because it was just said: “…voice corresponds with the utterances of the soul throughout all incarnations, while speech corresponds with the utterances of the soul in an individual incarnation…” Therefore, is voice and call here an alignment of this incarnation with the intention of our Holy soul? Is it also this prayer for all spirits and souls?

It just occurred to me, in my own life I see times where I have erred and times when I have done well. I wonder if it’s the same for all spirits? Therefore it would seem, that all spirits need prayers, uplifting their souls. As much as a call for assistance in theurgic workings, is this also a giving of spiritual assistance to those who may need it at that time?

I was also wondering if “And remember my voice and answer my call” can be a remembrance of the true essence of a soul, the knowing that the body is a concealment of this essence, and yet it is the vehicle for remembrance and is how the essence manifests here. “Answer my call” struck me because it is a call to action, remembrance and then action.

Blessings and Shalom,
Marion

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#23 Postby Tau Malachi » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:27 am

Greetings!

Ruach corresponds with our intelligence and nefesh with our speech, and as we are taught in the tradition, our speech needs to be joined to or intelligence, and directed by our intelligence, and in so doing we bring forth the influence of our holy neshamah.

"Call" stands in for speech, and corresponds with prayers and invocations, including the extension of blessings; thus there is "voice" and "speech" in this phrase. Given the kavvanot within and behind this invocation, indeed there is something of the neshamah manifesting as a tzaddik engages this invocation.

Yes, we do call the spirits in order to bless and uplift them, not only to draw upon their knowledge and power - our intention is an energetic preaching of the Gospel to all living spirits and souls, all sentient beings.

As for the inmost essence of the soul, that remains ever concealed, transcendent, rather like Keter with which it corresponds.

Shabbat Shalom!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Elder Gideon
Site Admin

Consummation of the Word

#24 Postby Elder Gideon » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:30 am

Shalom Tau Malachi:

There is a beautiful nuance regarding the union voice and speech in the Zohar (2:25b) concerning Moses before and after Sinai. This nuance draws upon many other layers within the soul to which you've already made very helpful clarification:

Moses is voice and speech, which is his word, was in exile. [...] He said, 'How will Pharoah listen to me, when my word is in exile? For I have no word! I am voice; word will be lacking, for She is in exile.' Consequently, the blessed Holy One made Aaron his partner.

Come and see: As long as speech was in exile, voice withdrew from it, and the word was obstructed, voiceless. When Moses appeared, voice appeared. Moses was voice without word, which was in exile; as long as speech was in exile, Moses proceeded as speechless voice. And it continued until they approached Mount Sinai and the Torah was given, whereupon voice united with speech, and then the word spoke, as is written: Elohim spoke all these words (Exodus 20:1). Then Moses became complete with the word fittingly—voice and speech as one in consummation.

Word here is being equated with the union of voice and speech. In this, I'm hearing word as revelation. Given that voice is more than one's vocal box, I'm hearing voice is intention, rooted as you've shared below, in neshamah. Speech too, is more than spoken language; speech is action expressed by one's ruach and nefesh. The union of intention and action is one's word aligning neshamah with ruach with nefesh.

The union of these parts of soul comprise the word that reveals the blessed Holy One from ever-beyond yet present and manifest through an individual. Per our Christian Kabbalah, for every mention of Moses' name, we could easily substitute the name of Yeshua, as from the Gospel of Truth: For he came in the likeness of flesh and nothing blocked his way because it was incorruptible and unrestrainable. Moreover, while saying new things, speaking about what is in the heart of the Father, he proclaimed the faultless word. Light spoke through his mouth, and his voice brought forth life.

What becomes of voice and speech consummated as a word brought forth out exile in and by Moses, by Yeshua, and by us?

Gratefully,

Elder Gideon

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#25 Postby Tau Malachi » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:52 am

Grace and peace to you in Messiah Yeshua, our Adonai!

In this passage of Zohar “voice” corresponds with Yesod, and “speech” corresponds with Malkut; as we know, when Yesod and Malkut are unified the influxes of the Upper Sefirot pass through Yesod into Malkut – these influxes correspond with “word,” the active spiritual force or power within what’s spoken. If and when voice and speech are joined, and speech becomes the expression of neshamah and the Spirit of God (or the will of God), there is “word,” and what is spoken will come to pass just as it is spoken. If, however, the union of voice and speech is impaired, and the fullness of the word is not present, then what’s spoken might not come to pass, for speech devoid of voice, or not rightly joined with voice, is empty, or is distorted, and as such it is not in according with the will of God.

As you might imagine, this corresponds with prayers that ascend and prayers that do not ascend, and regarding prayer, as we know, the ascent of prayers, their power, corresponds with our level of kavvanah, conscious intention, and devekut, cleaving, or passionate yearning. This is true not only of prayer, but every mode of speech with human beings, voice and speech, or intelligence and speech, are unified through conscious intention and cleaving, and the greater the intention and cleaving, the greater the influx of spiritual power into speech and action.

“Remember my voice…” Understand, on one level this corresponds with all that has been accomplished, all that has been actualized and realize of the soul, in this life, and previous lives; hence, all that has been done with the unification of voice and speech, manifesting the Word of God – Christ.

“…Answer my call.”
This is the unification of voice and speech, manifesting word, for an “answer” corresponds with influxes of spiritual forces into the place and time of invocation.

The union of voice and speech, and manifestation of word, this corresponds with the alignment of the aspects of our soul with one another, and with the Holy One, and the nature of this alignment is an active and dynamic surrender, while manifesting divine pride, or spiritual self-worth, oriented no longer with who we are in ourselves, but rather with who we are in God, the True Light. It is in this way that voice and speech utter the Word of God, Christ and the Holy Spirit taking up our voice and speech, and specifically our person and life in this world; to the extent that we are taken up by the Christ-Spirit, and embody the Christ-Spirit, so our soul appears in the Supernal Abode and World-To-Come.

This was made manifest by Moses at one grade, and by Adonai Yeshua at another, higher grade; Moses manifest the word in nearness, and Yeshua manifest the word in unification – the realization of the I Am (Anoki).

If you want to contemplate the “heart of the Father” (Abba), know that this is Binah of Hokmah, and by extension Tiferet of Hokmah. Contemplate this well, and understand!

Now voice and speech, and word, these correspond with various aspects of Tikkune Ha-Olam, the tikkune of the world, or tikkune of creation. Voice is the tikkune of the world of the neshamot, Beriyah, and speech is the tikkune of the world of angels, Yetzirah, and the manifestation of the word is the tikkune of the world of spirits and this world, Asiyah. Thus, when voice and speech are unified, and word is made manifest, tikkunim of the three Olamot of Perud are accomplished. This, of course, opens channel-ways for influxes of the World of the Holy Sefirot, Atzilut.

In closing we can say that this phrase of invocation proclaims the presence of a holy vessel in this world into which Malkut, Shekinah, can pour herself out, completing the emanation of the Holy Sefirot through reaching and not-reaching until there is reaching in full. This was fully accomplished with the appearance of Hayyah Yeshua, the Risen Messiah, but only partially by Moshenu and the prophets of old.

It is incumbent upon us to also be a holy vessel for Malkut-Shekinah, and to make manifest the Living Word.

May the Holy One empower us to this end! Amen.

Aleichem Shalom!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Return to “The Gnostic Path: Spiritual Life & Practice”