Reoccurring Dreams

Martina

Reoccurring Dreams

#1 Postby Martina » Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:00 am

Greetings in the Light of the Holy One!

After reading the beautiful and powerful teachings on dream interpretation in the Order of St. Gabriel, http://www.sophian.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=1676 I have been contemplating the energy of a reoccurring intense dream from my youth. What stood out to me is the now different perspective of the dream. What it taught me is how important a positive interpretation of our dreams is in our spiritual life and how deeply this is interconnected with feelings and attitudes we have had for a long time. It brought to mind the Ain nature of everything and that the nature of our reality is much more fluid and flowing. It seems to be a function of reoccurring dreams to hint at this.

In the Order of St. Gabriel Tau writes: “Indeed, apart from a full awakening in dream and a breakthrough into Supernal Consciousness and the Supernal Universe, the Pleroma of Light, all dreams and visions have some admixture of falsehood with truth, and spiritual discernment is necessary.

According to the Zohar, all dreams, at every gradation, impure or pure, have a great manifesting power in them – everything that transpires in the world and in waking consciousness first takes place in dream and the inner dimension of consciousness, and it is revealed in dream or vision before it transpires in the world. This manifesting power is directed by the interpretation of the dream – whether an interpretation within the dream by the power of a lucid dreamer acting within the dream, or upon awakening from dream by the power prayer and invocation, speaking its interpretation. The key power, however, is speech upon awakening from dream, for it is by speech that what might have been accomplished in lucid dream is made complete and accomplished, and so it comes to pass as it is spoken.”

“Here it must be said, that while our dreams may seem personal, and while, perhaps, there may be some personal or individual elements in them, in truth they are not only personal but are transpersonal – they are as much about the people, all our relations, as they are about us. Thus, in our labor with dreams and visions, we do not labor for ourselves alone, but we labor for the enlightenment and liberation of all beings, all our relations.”

My reoccurring dream seems like a wakeup call from the deeper levels of soul, reminding of what needs to be embodied. The dream was about engaging in healing and blessing others. There seems to be guidance in the dream for the need to take up more spiritual work here in Berlin.

I am grateful for any corrections and for teachings on this.

Shabbat Shalom,
Martina
Martina

thatgirl1225

Re: Reoccurring Dreams

#2 Postby thatgirl1225 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:11 am

Blessings Martina!

After having a rather concerning dream, Tau Malachi helped me see it in the light of St. Mary, and for that I have been truly blessed! In reading his words on dreams, I looked back on the single recurring dream of my youth. I almost never remember my dreams, but the one I had a few weeks ago and the one that occasionally popped up from the time I was very young into my teens and early twenties are dreams that I can still remember!

My recurring dream, viewed with the lens of Gnosticism and the Light of the Holy One, I believe has a much brighter and positive message for me, even though, at the time, I always saw it as a nightmare. It is amazing how the Holy Shekinah can work in us at a young age and continue to work in us even after a great time has passed!

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

Shalom!
Christine

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#3 Postby Tau Malachi » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:57 pm

Greetings and blessings in the Holy Light of the Messiah!

There is, indeed, great power in our dreams, even those that seem rather ordinary or mundane. It’s all a question of how we interpret them, and how we let them inspire and guide us. When we speak of the need to interpret our dreams in a positive fashion, however, we need to understand that interpretation includes thought, speech and action, so that “interpretation” is not just conceptual, or in thought, but becomes manifest through our words and actions; hence, whatever truth or wisdom we draw from our dreams, we then seek to live according to it, embodying it and manifesting it in this world.

There are many gradations of dream, impure and pure, and the higher the gradation the more power is in the dream. Reoccurring dreams indicate something very important for us be aware of and engage in this life, whether some matter of tikkune, mending our soul and the vessels, or some work we are to accomplish, or some movement in life we are to take up; with this kind of dream it is as though inner aspects of the soul are informing and reminding the outer aspects of the soul something of our original intention as we enter into this incarnation. Luminous dreams also hold great power, and as you might surmise lucid dreams hold even greater power - the greater the light and awareness within a dream the greater the manifesting power that is in it, for in such dreams our soul is moving greater radiant power.

We should not under estimate what seem to be ordinary dreams, however, nor those in which it seems that we become bound up in shades and shadows, or negativity, for these can hold messages, and empowerments, to overcome the barriers that are being encountered in the dream. Thus, when we have what seems to be negative dreams, upon awakening, we may interpret them as a sign that at that time we are engaging barriers (klippot) and being empowered to overcomes them, and likewise, the very next day we will take up appropriate spiritual practices, purifying, transforming and uplifting the energy of the dream, engaging in a conscious response to the dream.

Always, with spiritual practice and daily living we want to engage a conscious response to our dreams, letting them influence and guide us, and drawing out the blessings and power they contain, and always we wish to interpret our dreams in a positive fashion.

Remember, spiritual empowerments come through dreams, just as through our encounters with tzaddik and community, and to receive the empowerments we need to enact them through our thoughts, words and actions.

The true value in luminous dreams and visions it is in how we allow them to educate us and change us, and the degree to which we embody the truth and light revealed in them.

Shalom Aleichem!
Tau Malachi
Sophia Fellowship
Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Martina

#4 Postby Martina » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:01 am

Dear Tau and Christine!

Thank you for taking up this discussion. I am very grateful for the thoughts Mother inspired to be shared.

Tau emphasizes, that our interpretations need to become not only words but actions. This reminds me of St. Paul, who said that love is the gift that remains. Love as action, not just a feeling.

Yes, Christine, my dream now has a positive message and meaning for me too. In my youth I forgot the dream again and again not knowing what to do with it and getting lost in it.

Last week's Shabbat discourse on “Receiving Empowerments” is also very helpful, in that it has been shared that all spiritutal empowerments are for us and others and that they are about the removal of barriers. What stands out to me at the moment is the building of community, spiritual community and mundane, and seeing now that our teachings give us many essential keys to do that.

I am grateful for any corrections.

Shabbat Shalom,
Martina
Martina

Return to “The Gnostic Path: Spiritual Life & Practice”