Giving and Receiving Practice

HelenaN

Giving and Receiving Practice

#1 Postby HelenaN » Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:02 pm

Greetings and Shalom Tau Malachi,

The Giving and Receiving Practice is a jewel that has been a great help not only to myself but also to friends, for which I am very grateful to you. One of my friends has been doing it on behalf of a friend going through a difficult period. My friend has indicated that the first two or three times she did it, she felt very light, but then a couple of times afterwards it felt very intense. She says she was overwhelmed by powerful emotions, which she was not able to describe or evaluate as positive or negative. When she is finished with the meditation, however, she feels peace. Can you clarify what is happening to her and is there anything you can say that would be helpful to her at this time?

I also have a question regarding the first part of the practice, having to do with purifying one's own mental environment. Does the purification include or extend to the unconscious and feelings and emotions which we are not aware of as well as those we are conscious of?

HelenaN

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

Re: Giving and Receiving Practice

#2 Postby Tau Malachi » Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:52 am

Shalom Helena, and welcome to our online community!

I’m happy to hear that giving and receiving meditation is of help to you and your friends in your spiritual journey and prayer life. It's a practice that I've found to be of exceptional benefit in my own spiritual journey, and it's one that I find an inclination towards daily. In this practice we merge ourselves with the indwelling Messiah - the Spiritual Sun within and behind our heart, and it is the Messiah and Holy Spirit that give and receive, and that brings purification and healing; hence, though we co-labor with the Holy Spirit in this practice, and we are not the doer, but rather the Messiah and Holy Spirit are the doer. This energetic exchange happens through the power of God, and engaging this we generate the Sacred Heart, love and compassion. Thus, we have faith in the power of God to accomplish this spiritual work, and the more we can merge with the Spirit of God the greater the movement of light-power, or healing power.

The key is to not view oneself as the doer, but rather to hold the view of the Spirit of God moving with, in and through oneself accomplishing this spiritual work. Perhaps share this with your friend, for in this way we do not become overwhelmed in the energetic exchange on behalf of others.

That said, though, we may have many different experiences as we engage this spiritual practice, opening ourselves to the Holy Light and Spirit from above, and opening our heart and field of energy to others who are in need and who are suffering, we may become sensitive to deeper struggles, underlying psychic and spiritual causes, intuiting many things concerning the mending and elevation of the soul we are working with in the spirit; hence, we may become aware of the need for special spiritual works and prayers joined with giving and receiving. We may very well feel with people, glimpse something of their suffering, and feel various energetic movements. Letting go of the doer, self-grasping, however, so also we let go of attachment and aversion; hence, we do not grasp at or identify with the experiences that arise during the practice - we let everything just flow right on through. This, too, you might wish to share with your friend.

From “light” to “intense” can imply a progress in the practice, a deeper energetic connection through an opening of the heart and an increase in concentration; in other words, there is a stronger energetic exchange. This happens naturally with practice.

In terms of giving and receiving with oneself, yes indeed there is a purification on all levels of consciousness, including the unconscious, and as we continue this work with ourselves we find that over time many things arise from the unconscious to become conscious, and so can be addressed with conscious intention and healed, reintegrated with the Holy Light. In fact, this becomes part of our prayers - we pray for greater knowledge of the tikkunim of our soul that need to be accomplished, and for the awareness of how to bring about those tikkunim - mendings or healings of the soul. As we engage in giving and receiving with ourselves and others it is our heart-wish that everything be brought into the Holy Light and made conscious, for it is in this that full tikkune happens, full purification and healing - forgiveness.

As perhaps you might imagine, over time this practice leads to profound self-awareness as well as a profound awareness of others, and this awareness generates greater and greater compassion.

Blessings to you and your friends!
Tau Malachi
Sophia Fellowship
Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

HelenaN

#3 Postby HelenaN » Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:31 am

Shalom Tau Malachi, and thank you for your warm greeting!

Although part of my question was raised on behalf of a friend, I also benefit from your response, as I am sure do others. Your statement that we are not the doer is always a welcome reminder, given the ego's tendency to misappropriate the acts of the Holy Spirit to itself.

Tau Malachi wrote:As perhaps you might imagine, over time this practice leads to profound self-awareness as well as a profound awareness of others, and this awareness generates greater and greater compassion.

I am convinced this is the only real answer to many of the world's problems.

Thank you for so generously giving of your time and wisdom on this forum, the quality, richness, and depth I did not expect to find on the internet.

Shalom,
Helena

Mark Daniel

#4 Postby Mark Daniel » Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:06 am

Shalom brothers and sisters,

Recently giving and receiving has been a focus in my daily practice (on and off the prayer mat). This morning I would like to share an insight I've had about the relationship between giving and receiving and teshuva (repentance).

We often hear that teshuva (repentance) is perhaps best translated as 'to turn around'. Giving and receiving can also be viewed as a practice of turning around: it is a practice that aims to change our habitual animal-inherited way of relating to the world (and each other). For this reason giving and receiving is often spoken of as 'practicing against the grain'.

As biological organisms we have a long history of orienting towards what is good and away from what is harmful. As single cell organisms we moved steadily towards sucrose (a source of nourishment) and away from saline (a source of danger). Fortunately, with the evolution of more sophisticated cognitive, emotional and spiritual capacities we have acquired the potential to evolve beyond this overly simple relationship with the world (and ourselves). We can consciously investgate, and ultimately come to understand, the roots of our suffering in this realm. We can, as Tau so often direct us, look into death and sickness and heart-ache and draw out the great transformative wisdom that is hidden within.

Giving and receiving offers us an excellent opportunity to investigate this aspect of reality by reversing our natural inclination to grasp at what is comfortable and to push away what is uncomfortable. We can begin to intimately experience the suffering of the world, and in turn give away the virtue we have generated (that has been gifted to us). In this way we quite literally turn around (teshuva) - we turn the habitual-animal way of being on its head! We say to life, 'I will not shy away from the Work that is here for me in this human life, and I will not horde the virtues and blessings'....

And then the most miraculous thing happens: We begin to cultivate a little courage; and our courage begins to open our Hearts; and we learn little by little that our compassion is deep enough hold the suffering of our life (and the world), and the light of our Soul is broad enough to nurture the entirety.

Is this not the Great teshuva? The Great turning-around? To no longer live for ourselves alone, but to work steadily for the enlightenment and upliftment of the whole by courageously encountering suffering and allowing it to open our hearts in love, like we have been shown by our elder brother Adonai Yeshua.

If the Spirit moves I hope to hear more about practicing teshuva. And also any corrections or insights about giving and recieving as a way of practicing teshuva.

All my love to all of you!

Shalom, Shalom

Mark Daniel

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#5 Postby Tau Malachi » Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:15 am

Blessings to you in the Holy Name of Yeshua Messiah!

Your insight is lovely dear brother, and quite true. Giving and receiving is a shift from the way of the bestial soul, nefesh behamit, to the godly soul, nefesh elokit; when we are willing to embrace the sorrow and suffering in our own experience, and in the experience of others and the world, generating love and compassion, we become a true human being.

There are numerous translations of teshuvah, and “to turn around” is one that offers deep insight into the spiritual and practical meaning. If we consider any vice, and negative manifestation of thought, speech or action, the virtue is in the vice, the positive thought, word or deed is in the negative manifestation. All we need to do is see the virtue in the vice, or the positive manifestation in the negative, and “turn it around,” reversing it, and in this there is true repentance, and tikkune, the mending or healing of the soul and the world. The practice of giving and receiving does, indeed, teach us this, for we gather into the Spiritual Sun in our heart what is impure and negative, and we turn it around, transforming it, and in return we give what’s pure and positive - what’s good to give.

Intentions, thoughts, emotions, are energy, and what manifests is determined by how we direct the energy arising, whether in a bestial, unconscious fashion, or a godly, conscious way; the very same energy can be manifest in ignorance, in self-cherishing, attachment or aversion, or in awareness, free from self-cherishing, attachment and aversion, in enlightened being. In this we may consider another common translation of teshuvah, “return to God.” As intentions, thoughts, emotions, and such arise, if we can see what they are in Christ and God, and we manifest them in that way, they are brought into the service of the kingdom of heaven and, in effect, “returned to God” - uplifted and reintegrated with the True Light.

In the way of nefesh behamit, in the ignorance that dominates this world, basically speaking everything is reversed from the way of nefesh elokit and heaven; thus, quite literally our spiritual labor is to turn things around, to reverse them, enacting the will of our inner being, our soul, and the Holy One.

My beloved tzaddik, Tau Elijah, would often say, “There are two paths, two ways. One is the way of the world, and the other is the way of the holy and enlightened ones, and you must choose between them. One is insane and leads to destruction, the other is sane and leads to life eternal. Only one is good and true, and you must discern which one you desire. Understand they cannot both be right. There really is only One Way!”

Having become bound up in the ignorance and way of the world we must turn around and go the other way, the way of the holy and enlightened ones, returning to God; this is the Path of the Great Ascension, and it is like the spawn of salmon who swim upstream, against the current, reversing their journey, returning to the place of their origin. This is the true Great Work, this is how we workout our salvation.

There is, indeed, Divine Grace, and salvation through Divine Grace - the enlightenment of Christ in us is a present reality; but we must co-labor with Divine Grace, and align our intentions, our thoughts, words and actions with enlightened being, Christ in us, and in this we will workout our salvation, our enlightenment and liberation.

This is exactly what we are learning to do in giving and receiving practice.

There is something more to be said of giving and receiving, something of an open secret. As we know there is a play of an actual Light Transmission in our lineage - revelations of the Body of Glory of Tzaddikim, and when we are taught giving and receiving, and we receive our empowerment, our anointing, we are being taught the way of Light Transmission. If and when we actively turn things around, our desire energy naturally turns inward and upward, Godward, and there is the generation of the body of light, and with uplifted energy, an uplifted mind and heart, and soul, we become able to engage in energetic transmissions, able to impart true blessings and empowerments; all energy-intelligences we gather in are transformed into blessings, light-power, and we have this to give, joined with the Holy Spirit.

Concerning reversal, instead of living oriented to the world, receiving the Holy Light and Spirit, we live oriented to heaven, and when we live as a person of heaven, a person of light, the images of angels are joined with us, and truly we walk in beauty and holiness, the good company of the Shekinah of Messiah! Praise the Lord!

No longer gazing outward, may we turn around and gaze inward to see the Indweller, and see “who creates these.” Amen.

Shabbat Shalom!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

sheryl
Site Admin

#6 Postby sheryl » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:01 am

Shabbat Shalom dear Tau and friends!

There is much praise and gratitude in the teachings that are pouring forth on this thread, for something new and practical is being seen.

In John 3, The Perfect Tzaddik teaches:

19 And this is the judgment: the light has come into the world, and people loved the darkness rather than the light because their works were evil. 20 For everyone who does wicked things hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his works should be exposed. 21 But whoever does what is true comes to the light, so that it may be clearly seen that his works have been carried out in God.

What is being heard anew is that bringing our deeds, as well as our thoughts and words, to the light is so that teshuvah can take place, so that the good can be drawn out of what we have thought, said or done.

What is so practically being seen is that our beastial self will interpret what it senses from a 'receiving for self alone' perspective, but by bringing what is being sensed to the light, a higher part of ourselves, even the indweller, can see and 'interpret' from compassion - from a balance of mercy and judgment, with true knowledge, understanding and wisdom, and shift 'receiving for self alone' to receiving and giving.

Therefore, whoever does what is true brings all to the light, whether acts done properly or acts done in error, so that he or she can see what adjustment might be needed in what is being thought, spoken or done. Whoever does what is true, will turn word and deed that might bring harm to another, into a blessing. And so what is thought, spoken or done, is never an 'evil deed', for teshuvah, adjustment, return, is always present.

Any adjustments or corrections will be received with gratitude,

Sheryl

Bevan

#7 Postby Bevan » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:23 pm

Shalom!

I greatly appreciate the insights about Giving and Receiving in this thread.

I am curious about the statement:
all energy-intelligences we gather in are transformed into blessings, light-power, and we have this to give, joined with the Holy Spirit.
This is in the context of receiving:
our empowerment, our anointing, [and in this] we are being taught the way of Light Transmission.

Are the "energy-intelligences we gather in" from the essence and overflow of the sefirot and netivot we receive as we abide with them? What I am hearing is that as we open our hearts to be transformed by Messiah in us and others, we can give away more and more in thought, word and action. The resulting light-power is manifested on earth as a blessing, and in prayer we will often not know who receives the blessing. We become co-creators in faith. In this mysterious glimpse into Giving and Receiving, is this empowerment of soul transitioning from faith into gnosis? When I think of empowerment I think of it as a specific and culminating event in an individual's life as the individual is received by those who have already been anointed. Is this the way of Light Transmission?

Praise to the Holy One for the blessings that flow from Grace!

Bevan.

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#8 Postby Tau Malachi » Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:45 pm

Blessings to you in the Holy Name of Hayyah Yeshua!

Here we are speaking of gathering in energies during the practices of giving and receiving, and in that practice what we gather in are all manner of impure and negative energies - the energy of klippot, which are the causes of sorrow and suffering. When these are gathered into the Spiritual Sun, the indwelling Messiah, there is a reversal and renewal, they are transformed into light-power and blessings that we give to those we are working with. We take the negative energies and we gives what’s positive, what’s good and true. Thus, we are dispelling klippot and reintegrating sparks bound up in them with the Sefirot, and what we give corresponds with blessings of the Sefirot, or Divine Attributes, in this way.

In terms of light transmission, and various energetic transmissions - blessings and empowerments, one way that lineage-holders consciously engage a transmission with their companions is through an evolution of this practice, engaging an energetic movement akin to what is taught in this practice. This assumes the reception of true chrism, the Supernal Light and Holy Spirit, and the corresponding awakening and uplifting of the serpent power, redemption of the serpent power, for with this there is the generation of the full body of light, body of glory, and the light transmission is the revelation of the glory body of the Messiah and Tzaddikim.

An empowerment is not the fruition or culmination of a movement, but rather it’s an initiation, a beginning, the transmission of something of the da’at and ruach, or light-power, of a tzaddik; hence, it’s a transmission of energy that may empower our practice, progress our interior life, and perhaps help uplift us to a higher grade, facilitating a greater spiritual realization. Receiving an empowerment, though, we need to use it and integrate it, and labor through generation to fruition. Thus, in a manner of speaking, an empowerment set us in motion, but if we do not use what’s given and work with it, then an empowerment given is not received, and it passes from us.

In this light you might consider Adonai Yeshua’s parable of the sower of seeds and the various possible outcomes. This is true of the giving and receiving of blessings and empowerments, though given there can be a lack of reception.

As you might imagine, at the outset we come with many internal klippot, bound up in a vision of ignorance - karmic vision, and integral to a tzaddik imparting spiritual blessings and empowerments to us is something of the play of giving and receiving, a taking on of something of the klippot, the shades and shadows in us, and our karma, helping to dispel the barriers to light transmission. This, of course, assumes that we are given to the tzaddik by the Holy Spirit, and we choose to draw near and cleave to the tzaddik in faith, having an open heart and mind, desiring the Holy Light and Spirit to move between us. As Adonai Yeshua teaches us, the blessing or empowerment we receive depends upon our faith, and our view of the one imparting the blessing or empowerment. If we view them as an ordinary person we will receive the blessing or empowerment of an ordinary person. If we view them as a well educated religious person, we receive the corresponding blessing, and likewise if we have strong faith and view them as a holy tzaddik or prophet we receive the blessing or empowerment of a tzaddik or prophet, as though directly from the Holy One through them.

In this, perhaps, you may understand the need for the purification of karmic vision so that we might look and see true, and be able to hear and feel in the Holy Spirit.

Shalom Aleichem!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Martina

#9 Postby Martina » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:31 am

Greetings in the Light of Yeshua Messiah, Dear Friends!

I give thanks and praise to the Holy One for inspiring these wonderful teachings, that open the heart.

Tau shared "There are numerous translations of teshuvah, and “to turn around” is one that offers deep insight into the spiritual and practical meaning. If we consider any vice, and negative manifestation of thought, speech or action, the virtue is in the vice, the positive thought, word or deed is in the negative manifestation. All we need to do is see the virtue in the vice, or the positive manifestation in the negative, and “turn it around,” reversing it, and in this there is true repentance, and tikkune, the mending or healing of the soul and the world. The practice of giving and receiving does, indeed, teach us this, for we gather into the Spiritual Sun in our heart what is impure and negative, and we turn it around, transforming it, and in return we give what’s pure and positive - what’s good to give."

And Sister Sheryl wrote "Therefore, whoever does what is true brings all to the light, whether acts done properly or acts done in error, so that he or she can see what adjustment might be needed in what is being thought, spoken or done. Whoever does what is true, will turn word and deed that might bring harm to another, into a blessing. And so what is thought, spoken or done, is never an 'evil deed', for teshuvah, adjustment, return, is always present."

What stands out is that to turn around often only a little shift of perspective is needed and when we shift there is a good effect for many. From the ego perspective change can seem much more difficult with all kinds of attachments and aversions. But in the healing light of the giving and receiving practice our vision clears and the step we have to take becomes smaller as we begin to see the blessings that are in it for others and us.

Shabbat Shalom,
Martina
Martina

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#10 Postby Tau Malachi » Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:23 am

Blessings to you in the Holy Name of Adonai Messiah!

Indeed, the shift that is needed to turn vice into virtue, or negative thoughts and emotions into something positive, is simple and very slight; we just need the will and desire to do so, seeing the blessing in it for ourselves as a matter of true selfishness - a desire for peace and joy. As a matter of true selfishness, the success and happiness of others brings us greater success and happiness, and as we give to others, so we receive what we give. Forgiveness is an excellent example of this, for when we forgive others, and set them free, we receive forgiveness and we set ourselves free. Holding on to things that others have done to us that hurt us, or that we perceive that they have done, binds us together in a negative karmic connection, as though we are shackled to one another on a psychic or energetic level. When we forgive we dissolve these “cords” that bind, unshackling others and ourselves, and together we are free to move on and do something different.

Giving and receiving teaches us this on an experiential level, aware of the mystery of the Holy Cross; hence, willing to take on the negativity and transform it, letting negativity end with us, and in return giving what is positive, what is good and true, so we ourselves receive the very same blessing we give to others. As they are blessed and uplifted, so also are we blessed and uplift.

The ongoing practice of giving and receiving reveals a great power in us, the indwelling Messiah, the Spiritual Sun, and the Holy Spirit, the Radiant Holy Breath; this is the power that illuminates and heals, and that brings peace and joy - life abundant, life eternal. All spiritual forces are subject to this Divine Presence and Power, and in it shades and shadows instantly vanish, and only this Light-presence and Light-power remains, bornless, immortal, eternal being - the I Am (Eheieh).

It is true, if the way of giving and receiving becomes our habit, then reversal will happen naturally and spontaneously with little or no effort on our part, and this is righteousness, the way of a godly soul. In so doing we become a force for great good in this world, a conscious agent of heaven and the Holy One.

Here, perhaps, we may remind that giving and receiving is the most essential healing practice in the tradition; there is great healing power in it for the body and soul, and with the tikkune of our soul, so we may bring about the tikkune of the world, co-laboring with the Messiah and tzaddikim for the salvation of all.

Shabbat Shalom!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Return to “The Gnostic Path: Spiritual Life & Practice”