Yahweh Yahweh El: A Contemplation & Invocation of Mercy

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#1 Postby Tau Malachi » Fri May 13, 2016 10:45 am

(The Thirteen Attributes of Mercy)

The Shekinah of Yahweh passed before Moshenu and proclaimed:

“The Lord [Yahweh], the Lord [Yahweh], a God [El] merciful and gracious, slow to anger, abiding in steadfast love and faithfulness, keeping steadfast love for the thousandth generation, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, yet by no means clearing the guilty, but visiting the iniquity of parents upon the children and the children’s children to the third and fourth generation” (Exodus 34:6-7).

There is a practice of prayer, or invocation and contemplation, that the Holy Spirit would have me share with you. Listen and hear, and understand!

Yahweh Yahweh El, this is a sacred chant for the invocation of Mercy and Compassion, and for the revelation of secret mysteries of the Thirteen attributes of Mercy given in this passage of the Holy Torah. We have written elsewhere in the forums, as well as in “Gnosis of the Cosmic Christ,” about the Attributes of Mercy, but what can be spoken or written concerning them is merely a pointing out and a beginning of understanding, full knowledge and understanding of them, and the wisdom of them, can only come through a revelation of the Spirit of God (Ruach Elohim) in prayer and meditation, and ongoing contemplation.

The kavvanot of this sacred chant are as follows. The first utterance of Yahweh corresponds with Binah-Understanding and the interior Shekinah, which is “Yahweh pronounced as Elohim,” and the second utterance of Yahweh corresponds with Tiferet-Beauty and the Messiah, which is “Yahweh pronounced as Yahweh,” and El corresponds with Hesed-Mercy and the manifestation of the exterior Shekinah in Mercy. Thus, Yahweh Yahweh El is an invocation of the Holy Shekinah of the Eternal One manifest in Mercy (Simple Mercy and Abundant Mercy), and intoning this Name of the Eternal and reading aloud the Thirteen Attributes of Mercy with the intention of invoking the manifestation of their spiritual power - the full influx of Hesed-Mercy, so there may be an influx of Great Mercy for the people and the land, all who are willing to receive it.

Likewise, cleaving to the Messiah and Shekinah of the Messiah, and engaging this invocation, contemplating this fullness of Mercy, secret mysteries of the Attributes of Mercy may be revealed to you by the Holy Spirit and you may acquire knowledge and understanding of them, and per chance the wisdom of them - the wisdom of skillful means in active compassion.

The prayer and meditation is as follows:

Abide in primordial meditation, abiding in the presence of the Lord, waiting upon the Holy Spirit, and as you abide in the presence of the Lord, let a force of will and desire arise for greater nearness to the Lord and unification with the presence of the Lord, the Holy Shekinah; and let this desire become a prayer for the presence of the Lord to pass by revealing the Great Mercy and Compassion of the Lord, and the Glory of Supernal Grace.

When your desire is kindled, and the Spirit moves you, take up the sacred chant of Yahweh Yahweh El, and let your mind merge completely with the sound-vibration of the Holy Name while holding the conscious intention for the invocation of Great Mercy, and the revelation of the secret mysteries of the Attributes of Mercy - the Habad of Hesed.

When your cycle of chanting is complete and the Spirit has come upon you, with full kavvanah (concentration) and devekut (devotion, cleaving) read the passage aloud from your Holy Bible several times, and then bow down in the presence of the Lord placing your forehead on the earth, the floor, in adoration of the Merciful One, the Compassionate One, the Eternal One, and abide open to the Living Spirit, the Living Presence, revealing secret mysteries as you contemplate the Thirteen Attributes of Mercy, having faith in the outpouring of an influx of Great Mercy as intended.

When this movement is complete arise in the presence of the Lord and give praise and thanks, and concluding the movement say, “Amen and amen!”

This is a practice the Holy Spirit has inclined me to share for those who might feel called to it some day.

May the Holy One bless you and keep you, and gift you with the Habad of Mercy! Amen.

Shalom Aleichem!
Tau Malachi
Sophia Fellowship
Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Yonah

Re: Yahweh Yahweh El: A Contemplation & Invocation of Mercy

#2 Postby Yonah » Mon May 16, 2016 10:19 am

Greetings Tau Malachi!

I just wanted to say Thank You for sharing this teaching and practice. I've been taking up a specific continuum of prayer and meditation for the people and the land....

I am contemplating this post and wish to take up the practice as part of the before mentioned movement.
This is extremely helpful and timely.

Thank you for your sharing of these mysteries with us. Praise Ma!

Aleichem Shalom, Yonah
Shalom,
Yonah
EPS Columbus Gathering

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#3 Postby Tau Malachi » Tue May 17, 2016 9:34 am

Grace and peace to you in Hayyah Yeshua!

“Yahweh is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? Yahweh is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid” (Psalm 27:1).

There are many different ways of prayer and meditation with any sacred chant of Names of God given to us in the Holy Scriptures; hence, many ways to invoke the Name, corresponding with various kavvanot, various conscious intentions - theurgic intentions. This is certainly true of Yahweh Yahweh El, and the Holy Spirit would have me share other interpretations and invocations of this sacred chant with you.

Look and see! According to psalms Yahweh is Holy Light, primordial and supernal. Understanding this, Yahweh Yahweh may be understood as the Holy Light above and Holy Light below, for in truth the Holy Light that is above - Supernal Light, is everywhere below, it is the secret center of every particle of matter. Thus, going within and holding the conscious intention for the reception of the Holy Light from above, as you intone the first Yahweh focus your awareness on the Holy Light above and surrounding you, and as you intone the second Yahweh focus on the Holy Light within you, within every particle of matter composing your body, and holding the conscious intention of the stirring of the Holy Light within you, the Holy Light shining from within you - you translated into Pure Light, intone El. This itself is an entire practice, but it can be extended further.

El, this is a Holy Name of Ascension, and drawing out the intonation of El as you continue to repeat the sacred chant, hold the conscious intention of merging your soul - the Holy Light you are in essence, with the exterior lights of the Holy Sefirot in ascent from Malkut to Keter. Thus, with the second repetition, after the first in which you envision and intend your translation into Pure Light, focus your heart and mind, and energy, on Malkut, holding the conscious intention of merging with the exterior light of Malkut, then with the third repetition do the same with Yesod, and continue in this way following the Path of the Lightning Bolt in ascent until you reach the inmost Sefirah, Keter.

Reaching Keter, remember the inmost nature of your being - Ain, No-thingness, and like a rainbow merging with the sky in which it appears, disappearing, so let yourself merge with Ain, entering the Gap - Perfect Repose.

If you wish to engage in an extended session of meditation (hitbodedut) you can repeat this entire serious of kavvanot through cycles of the sacred chant numerous times, as many times as you are inclined. Whether one time or many, when complete, abide in primordial meditation, and when the mind moves, and the heart runs, say “Amen and amen.”

This is the simple, essential meditation of Yahweh Yahweh El in ascension using Yahweh Yahweh El alone, but there is another version of this practice the Holy Spirit would have me share with you. In the second version, beginning with Yahweh Yahweh El in the first cycle as above, with the kavvanot of the Sefirot in ascent the Holy Name corresponding with the Sefirah you are merging with is intoned, followed by Yahweh Yahweh El, and in this practice the intonation of the first Yahweh corresponds with the exterior light of the Sefirah, the second Yahweh that light in you, and El with the unification. In this version of the meditation, while ascending, there is also an invocation of an influx of the light of each Sefirah, and it is wonderful, it may bring an experience of perfect delight!

These two versions of sacred chant and meditation with Yahweh Yahweh El correspond with Hesed Gadol - Great Mercy, and specifically with the First Attribute of Mercy - “El,” which is God giving Godself to us. Praise God!

These are two invocations of the Name in meditation, and based upon the psalm we have quoted, the Holy Spirit would have me share another with you.

If you ever find yourself under assault by dark and hostile forces (klippot), or the “gaze of the evil eye,” pray Psalm 27, and then take up the sacred chant of Yahweh Yahweh El in the following way:

As you intone the first Yahweh, focus on “Yahweh is my light…” and envision an influx of Great Light from above, and as you intone the second Yahweh, focus on “Yahweh is the stronghold…” and envision a raging, all consuming fire surrounding you, and as you intone El envision the Holy Light and Fire driving away the Adversary, or banishing and binding the Adversary, or striking down the Adversary. Continue the sacred chant until the Adversary is vanquished by the Holy Shekinah of Yahweh with you, and in fruition abide in the Living Presence of the Lord, waiting upon the Spirit of the Lord. When the movement is complete say, “As it is spoken, so it is done! Amen.”

This is a prayer-meditation of the Mercy of the Holy One delivering from temptation and assaults of the Adversary, and it is a powerful invocation in the face of great darkness.

This concludes what the Holy Spirit would have me share at this time.

O Holy One, have mercy upon us; may we be blessed to experience your divine rapture, conscious unification with your Infinite Light! Amen.

Shalom Aleichem!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Mark

#4 Postby Mark » Fri May 20, 2016 9:31 am

Thus, Yahweh Yahweh El is an invocation of the Holy Shekinah of the Eternal One manifest in Mercy (Simple Mercy and Abundant Mercy), and intoning this Name of the Eternal and reading aloud the Thirteen Attributes of Mercy with the intention of invoking the manifestation of their spiritual power - the full influx of Hesed-Mercy, so there may be an influx of Great Mercy for the people and the land, all who are willing to receive it.

Shalom Tau Malachi,
In a recent discourse, if I am remembering correctly, you mentioned something like if there are dark moments in the world we can hold the sacred space until an opportunity arises that would bring more light into the world. Are the practices of the invocation of mercy examples of ways that we can join with you and your community that would support the holding of that space?
Thank you for sharing your Light in the world,
Mark

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#5 Postby Tau Malachi » Sat May 21, 2016 9:38 am

Shalom,

Yes, when I share practices such as these there is a similar movement in the continuum of our circle and community, and for those who wish to take them up they can co-labor with us in something of the very same spiritual work.

Blessings!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Elder Gideon
Site Admin

Shema

#6 Postby Elder Gideon » Sun May 22, 2016 10:27 am

Shabbat Shalom, Tau Malachi!

I've very much enjoyed these kavvanot you've shared. They're simple, wonderful, and powerful.

Two insights arose since I first read and engaged these meditations last week. First, in Gnosis of the Cosmic Christ (151), I see that the Thirteen Attributes are simplified:

El (1) merciful (2) and gracious (3), slow (4) to anger (5), and abundant in love (6), and truth (7). Keeping mercy (8) to the thousandth generation (9), forgiving sin (10), rebellion (11), and error (12), cleansing (13).

I find that these are much easier to memorize and speak, compared with the full verses from Exodus 34:6-7.
Do you recommend a particular wording of the Thirteen Attributes?

Also, I'm enjoying a connection with the Shema in this extended practice you've most recently shared:

going within and holding the conscious intention for the reception of the Holy Light from above, as you intone the first Yahweh focus your awareness on the Holy Light above and surrounding you, and as you intone the second Yahweh focus on the Holy Light within you, within every particle of matter composing your body, and holding the conscious intention of the stirring of the Holy Light within you, the Holy Light shining from within you - you translated into Pure Light, intone El. This itself is an entire practice, but it can be extended further.

This mirrors the Shema very beautifully! First Shema Israel, as we hold the intention of the light of YHVH surrounding and pervading everything. Then Adonai Elohenu as we shift the awareness of YHVH within and above in a great sphere of light. In the end, all merges and dissolves: Adonai Ahad.

I wished to ask if these kavvanot of the Shema appropriately reflect the kavvanot you're sharing of YHVH YHVH El? If so, what are their implications?

Gratefully,

Elder Gideon

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#7 Postby Tau Malachi » Mon May 23, 2016 8:19 am

Shalom Gideon,

I do not have a preference in the words used. There are a number of translations that seem fine to me; however I do enjoy the full citation of the verses as they appear in the Torah, it actually says something more, and something essential, and may provoke a deeper contemplation of the inseparability of Mercy and Judgement, giving insight into Judgment as the manifestation of Mercy.

As for the practice with the Shema and the one I've given here, in the practice I've given here there is a specific invocation of influx to bring about a transformation, ascension and unification, and this movement is focused upon oneself, in the kavvanot for the Shema the focus is the Sacred Unity underlying all, and drawing all in ascent, and it is rather like making an offering of the entire world and oneself to the Holy One, reintegrating oneself and all with the Light of the Infinite. Thus, while similar movements, they are different, having a different conscious intention within and behind them and different kavvanot.

Blessings!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Return to “The Gnostic Path: Spiritual Life & Practice”