Meditation for beginners ?

xmode

Meditation for beginners ?

#1 Postby xmode » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:29 am

Hello,
I have little experience with meditation and I want to expand.I'd like to meditate on God, for example, but I am not sure how to do it properly. could you give an advice? Thank you!
Yani.
Know Thyself.

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

Re: Meditation for beginners ?

#2 Postby Tau Malachi » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:56 am

Shalom Yani,

There is a section on our website of 'study and practice,' the link for it is on the bar at the top of the home page. If you select 'foundation practices' you will find teachings on three essential methods of meditation, 'primordial meditation,' 'giving and receiving' and 'union with partzuf' - divine personifications. Any of these can be good. Perhaps read about them, see if one attracts you, and if so take up that practice. Whatever the practice, at the outset, take up short sessions, say five to fifteen minutes, and then build from there as you are inclined and comfortable.

Aside from these a simple practice I can share with you is contemplating and communing with God in Nature, or your environment, contemplating all things as the glory of God, something of the Living Presence of God being in them, or contemplating all things as 'signs' of God, contemplating the qualities of God in them. This can be a delightful practice, and its good for beginners and experienced travelers alike.

Also, remembering that the Breath of God is in you, woven into your very soul, your very being, and that it is your very life, you can focus on your breath, meditate upon your breath, contemplating God breathing through you, your breath as the breath of all living things, the universe and the One God; as you breath out, contemplate the Breath of God sustaining creation, and as you breath in contemplate the return of all things to their Source, God, the True Light. This is also a delightful practice, or devotion, good for the novice and adept alike.

I wish you well in your journey and I pray that the Holy One blesses your devotions so that they bear good fruit! Amen.

Blessings!
Tau Malachi
Sophia Fellowship
Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

xmode

Re: Meditation for beginners ?

#3 Postby xmode » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:06 pm

Thank you very much!
Know Thyself.

Return to “The Gnostic Path: Spiritual Life & Practice”