The Holy One in Heaven & Hell (Psalm 139:7-8)

Moderator: Phillip

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

The Holy One in Heaven & Hell (Psalm 139:7-8)

#1 Postby Tau Malachi » Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:07 pm

The Holy One in Haven & Hell

“Where can I go from your spirit? Or where can I flee from your presence? If I ascend to heaven, you are there; if I make my bed in hell, you are there” (Psalm 139:7-8).

God is always with you, even in the darkest of days and the darkest places. Understand, if you find yourself encumbered with great darkness, and encounter great barriers, or you find yourself in a dark place, nevertheless God is with you and you can turn to God and cleave to God, drawing near to the Holy One.

There is no place devoid of the presence of God and the spirit of God, not even hell realms, for nothing can exist apart from God. Thus, even if your soul were caught up in a hungry ghost realm or hell realm you would be able to draw near to God. Such is the mercy and love of God, God is always present with us, and God desires to give Godself to us. Therefore, wherever you are remember that God is with you, and turn to God, cleaving with your soul, and your mind, heart and life.

Never doubt that God is with you, but have faith in God and place your hope in God - trust life and God!

Here we may remind of an open secret, when a soul falls into a dark space, and becomes encumbered with great darkness, if that soul repents and seeks God, returning to God, all in a mystery there is a greater revelation of God’s mercy and love, and a greater glorification of God, than when a righteous one or a soul in heaven turns to God; certainly so, for klippot are dispelled and overcome in this way, and there is a greater uplifting of sparks - greater tikkunim, mending, of the Holy Vessels.

This is why often tzaddikim will descend to lower grades, and enter into klippot, laboring for the redemption of all; and in this we may remember the ministry of Yohanan and Yeshua in the hell realms, liberating countless souls from great sorrow and suffering.

Now connected with this, remember that before you ascend to a new and higher grade of soul, or consciousness and intelligence, first you will fall or descend into a lower grade, for this is how souls prepare for their ascents, they first descend working out the barriers to their ascent. Likewise, once having ascended, so temptations will come, or certain trials and tribulations, but these are integral to the full realization and embodiment of the new grade of soul, or consciousness and intelligence. Throughout this process God is with you, and if you abide in faith and cleave, and enact what is good and true - love and compassion, with God’s presence and power you will endure and succeed.

Turning to God and cleaving to God in the bright days of life is easy, but the true challenge is turning to God and cleaving in the dark days of life, and it is in this that our soul evolves and is refined, and we make the most radical leaps of progress in the Gospel. It is good!

This message of King David is very powerful when understood in this way, blessed be his name and memory.

O Holy One, may we realize your presence always with us! Amen.

Shalom Aleichem!
Tau Malachi
Sophia Fellowship
Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

Re: The Holy One in Heaven & Hell (Psalm 139:7-8)

#2 Postby Tau Malachi » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:11 pm

Blessings to you in the Holy Name of Yeshua Messiah!

Along with what King David sang concerning the presence of the Holy One in hell realms the Scriptures also teach us that Yahweh is enshrouded in “thick darkness” and that there are “treasures hidden in darkness.” We may inquire into this seeking understanding.

When individuals are established in a high grade, having profound experiences of Light Transmission, and insights into deep mysteries of the Torah and Gospel, and through life circumstances they descend into lower grades and darkness, and yet they abide in their faith and they cleave inwardly, when they have passed through the dark times, and overcome the klippot that assault during those times - times of great vulnerability, and they then ascend and return to God, their knowledge and understanding of the Holy Torah and Gospel is increased, and they have new teachings and revelations to share.

You see, Yahweh is enshrouded in “thick darkness,” and “treasures are hidden in darkness” - secrets of the Torah and Gospel, deep knowledge of the Word of God, and therefore the faithful and righteous person who descends because of life circumstances and then returns to God, seeking to restore nearness and unification, receives secret knowledge, and “returning” it becomes p’nimi, embodied knowledge, and they are able to give new teachings and revelations of the Holy Torah and Gospel, deeper insights into the Living Word.

There are secrets of the Holy Torah, the Holy Gospel, concealed in the darkness, and if in the midst of darkness one seeks the good, or one seeks the Holy One, these secrets are revealed to them, and they are gifted to them to share in this world. Praise God!

In these descents there is a play of embodiment, drawing down makifin, encircling knowledge, as it were, and making it p’nimi, internalized, embodied in the person and life of this incarnation, and as a result many are blessed and able to receive the greater influx of knowledge, da’at, with them, as well as a greater manifestation of ruach, spirit or intelligence; in this greater understanding and wisdom is made manifest, all as the Holy One wills.

Live within, and never be deceived by what transpires in appearances, or on the surface, but remember your rebirth from above, from heaven, and in bright and dark times alike hold this orientation and let there be no difference, but know that the Lord is with you, and know that the soul within you is the emanation of the Lord and heaven - never doubt this!

“The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not overcome it” (John 1:5). Remember this, and contemplate this well, and understand!

Shalom Aleichem!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Elder Gideon
Site Admin

Release from Darkness

#3 Postby Elder Gideon » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:06 pm

Shalom Tau Malachi:

This teaching comes at the most perfect time, not only for this time of year as we move to regard those who are dying or have died, but even beyond as the darkest night, winter solstice, marks our new year.

This raises a question of some months welcomed by your post. When I experience breakthrough or 'power' of any kind, I'm aware it's from the Holy One. Of late, however, I'm less inclined to assume it comes from 'above' upon me, so to speak, more from within me. It's all still power of the Holy One, but to orient its emergence from within brings out another kind of detail I hadn't appreciated.

And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep (Genesis 1:2). This darkness-hoshekh is a word common for many other contexts you've already cited. From where this light and power is derived in my experience is from within-beyond the darkness, hidden as you're teaching.

As darkness prefigures Creation, synonymous with the raw material ordered by Ruach Elohim, I'm inclined to contemplate power and help from the Holy One as being released from within darkness. This opens up so many more directions for integration for me personally, seeing God's help to breakthrough as released from within darkness.

What more may be implied by greater power and breakthrough emerging from within darkness?

Gratefully,

Elder Gideon

Mark Daniel

#4 Postby Mark Daniel » Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:06 am

Greetings everyone,

In line with your contemplation elder Gideon concerning light and dark, inner and outer, before creation and afterwards, I thought it may be interesting to draw out something I found in Zohar:

It is written: "And God said, 'Let us make Human in our image, according to our likeness'" (Genesis 1:26) - "In our Image," that is Light; "According to our likeness," that is Darkness, for Darkness is the garment of the Light no less than the body is the garment of the soul. (Sefer Ha'Zohar, Vol. 1, folio 22b)

This falls very much in line with what Tau Malachi wrote above concerning Yahweh enshrouded in 'thick darkness'. What the Zohar quote adds, and I hope will be a useful addition to our contemplation, is a parallel with the soul being enshrouded in thick materiality (the body).

Can we perhaps glean a richer understanding of the treasures to be found in the darkness by contemplating the treasures to found (and how to find them / draw them out) in the material body?

What comes to me, is the material body provides the necessary limitations that allow the soul to evolve. These material limitations are the basis of all our embodied sufferings - ageing, sickness, injury, death. But the wisdom being offered here, it seems to me, is that within these limitations (these dark garments) there is great wealth of opportunities for liberation and enlightenment. The clearest example that comes to mind is the deep wisdom that emerges when we take the time to seriously contemplate, and come into intimacy with, our own physical death. Somehow by investigating the nature of death we open up to life in a profound way. Without the death of the physical body, would we have evolved the potential to know that which doesn't die? Without a constant reminder of that which changes, could we know that which is changeless?

Tau Malachis wise advice then directs us how to draw out the enshrouded light from within and behind the appearance of suffering - continually strive not to be deceived by the garments, but to develop the eyes and ears to see and hear that which lays behind and within the darkness. Paradoxically then it seems that the darkness helps us to see. What a beautiful contemplation!

I wonder if more could be said about the relationship between Yahweh enshrouded in darkness and the soul enshrouded in the body? Is there perhaps something to be said about our personal evolution and the evolution of all?

Thank you for your beautiful words Tau Malachi and elder Gideon,

All my love dear brothers!

Mark Daniel-

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#5 Postby Tau Malachi » Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:37 pm

Grace and peace to you from Hayyah Yeshua!

The Holy Light that is above is everywhere below - it’s the secret center of every particle of matter and consciousness, and this is a great mystery. When there is an influx of the Holy Light from above, when the Holy Spirit moves, there is a stirring, or activation, of the Holy Light below and the Holy Light shines from within. All in a great mystery, within and above are synonymous, to go within is to go above, what is “above” is interior, within and behind the exterior appearance.

We may recall the teaching of Adonai Yeshua that we must be reborn from above, but we must understand that to be reborn from above is to be reborn from within; hence, we need to go within, and go deeper still, and open to the Holy Light from above, from the depths of our being, and we need to let that Holy Light shine.

That said, remember that Yahweh is clothed, as it were, in the Sefirot of Atzilut, Beriyah, Yetzirah and Asiyah, and “thick darkness” corresponds with Asiyah, the thickest darkness being the outermost Sefirah, Malkut of Malkut of Asiyah, the darkness of matter and the material world; and in Beriyah, Yetzirah and Asiyah, along with the Sefirot, which are increasingly restricted emanations of the Light of the Infinite (Or Ain Sof), there are also klippot, the impure emanations or manifestations of the Sefirot, and Yahweh is also within and behind these, and sparks of the Infinite Light are bound up in them. Thus, truly, Yahweh is enshrouded in thick darkness, even great darkness, great evil, and therefore Yahweh and something of the Light of the Infinite can be discovered in darkness, and can be drawn out, uplifted and realized; what becomes realized is what is real in things, what they are in the Holy One and Light Continuum.

Now, understand that Yahweh indwells the inmost part of the soul, and the inner aspects of the soul emanate from the Light Continuum, and therefore as the soul indwells the body, the flesh, the darkness of matter, so the Shekinah of Yahweh is within it, within this “thick darkness,” and corresponding with the mercy of the Holy One in creation, and the original intention of the Holy One in creation, the Holy Light and Shekinah of Yahweh is realized from within darkness, the ignorance or illusion of separation, and as this realization occurs there is a greater and greater nearness and unification, the recognition and realization of the innate unity of all with Yahweh, the Holy One of Being.

Remember, creation is founded upon the Holy Torah and Gospel - the emanation, revelation, of the Holy One, and this is true throughout all of the universes or dimensions of creation (Olamot), and therefore “treasure is hidden in darkness,” “Yahweh is enshrouded in thick darkness” awaiting recognition and realization - conscious embodiment.

There is, indeed, something to be said of the attainment of higher spiritual and supernal grades, and the experience of an apparent fall because of the weakness of the flesh and life circumstances, and there is something to be said of powerful brushes with death in this life, and the greater wisdom, understanding and knowledge that can aries from them. In some way through the experience of great suffering and the darkest of times there can be a greater embodiment of wisdom, understanding and knowledge (Habad), so that what was transcendent, encircling (makifin) to our present person and life becomes internalized, embodied (p’nimi). I can bear witness to this in my own experience of lingering for some time near death, and the arising of several near-death experiences during that time, and again, coming close to death and yet being restored to life; each time deeper teachings and revelations have followed, and a greater capacity for Light Transmission, or skillful means in Light Transmission, has been generated. Essentially, through such events in life greater wisdom, understanding and knowledge of the inner aspects of the soul are transmitted to the outer aspects of the soul - the present person and life, and in this there are greater influxes of the hidden light in Da’at, along with the Holy Light beyond; hence, a greater embodiment of Habad and the Shekinah of Yahweh, Yeshua. In a word, such events lead to a greater conscious embodiment, though at first there is an incredible descent, a great fall, and great tumult.

I will share something about death. To have a deep intimacy with impermanence and death is to have a great intimacy with Reality as It Is, and with the source of all, the Holy One of Being; so long as there is aversion to death, there is a withholding of oneself from Yahweh, the Holy One, for the most intimate embrace is in complete self-offering, complete self-negation, but understand that from this comes the Great Resurrection and Ascension - the realization of true humanity, supernal and divine.

The unification in Supernal Consciousness is this: it is like the soul is a drop of saltwater dripped back into the infinite ocean, merging with the ocean, but at the same time it is like the entire ocean pouring through the drop; such is the unification in Supernal Consciousness of the individual and universal, and the unification with the source of all, the Infinite One. In this experience, truly, the Infinite is known in all, God is known in everything, even in the demons and hells that arise and appear, truly so! Have faith in this, have faith in the Messiah!

Whatever arises and appears, is it not the radiant display of mind, consciousness or soul? The mind, consciousness or soul, is it not the radiance, the emanation, of the Infinite One? Seek to recognize and realize this, and do whatever it takes - have zeal, passion, for nearness and unification with Yahweh. In this you will acquire Supernal Habad - the Habad of the Messiah!

May the Holy One bring about this fruition in you - may you realize he truth will set you free! Amen.

Yahweh Shalom!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Martina

#6 Postby Martina » Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:22 am

Greetings in the Light of the Risen Messiah!

Praise to the Holy One for inspiring the sharing of such profound teachings!

“I will share something about death. To have a deep intimacy with impermanence and death is to have a great intimacy with Reality as It Is, and with the source of all, the Holy One of Being; so long as there is aversion to death, there is a withholding of oneself from Yahweh, the Holy One, for the most intimate embrace is in complete self-offering, complete self-negation, but understand that from this comes the Great Resurrection and Ascension - the realization of true humanity, supernal and divine.”

I hear in this a much more fluid and flowing understanding of reality, than we might initially conceive of. The whole experience of death, not just the heavens and hells, now seem much less removed, within and behind our experience here.

In this the three questions that the Light Presence will ask us as has been shared in the most recent Shabbat discourse “Death & the Afterlife” stand out to me:

“What have we learned? How have we loved? What have we done to uplift humanity?” Their seems to be a deep resonance with the six essentials, the six essentials providing substantial answers and focus to these questions and inspirations for creative spiritual works including both, the living and the dead.

Any corrections will be received with gratitude.

Shabbat Shalom,
Martina
Martina

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#7 Postby Tau Malachi » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:29 am

Greetings and blessings in the Name of Adonai, Yeshua Messiah!

Truly so, the reality in-betweens of the afterlife, as with our dreams, are intimately connected with life or waking consciousness, and in much the same way as with our dreams, how we live and our state of consciousness determines our experience in the afterlife; here and now our afterlife experience is being formed, and so also our next incarnation. It’s all the radiant display of our mind, consciousness or soul, and it is shaped by our thoughts and emotions, desires and fears. Thus we have good reason to seek to master our thoughts and desires, and to continually set our minds on those things that are above and the World-To-Come.

Just yesterday, in another writing, I was sharing a practice for awakening in the morning, teaching that it’s a good practice to remember our origin in the Light Continuum and the Infinite One as we awaken in the morning, and that it is good to think of the kingdom of heaven or World-To-Come first thing in the morning before we even arise from our bed. Beginning our day in this way then we seek to set our minds upon those things that are above, where the Messiah abides in union with the Holy One, throughout the day, cleaving to the Messiah and Holy One. If we establish this wise habit in life it may shift our dreams and our afterlife experience, for it may come to pass that that this happens as we arise in dream or the afterlife, opening the way for luminous dreams or an ascension in the afterlife.

Also we need to understand that here and now, in this life, this world, we can experience heavens and hells, and all manner of spaces in-between, internal and external, all dependent upon the play of our thoughts and emotions, and our desires and fears. If you consider it, if we generate positive thoughts and emotions, and uplift our desire, inwardly we experience something heavenly, and often the outward life will follow, but conversely, if we let go to negative thoughts and emotions, impure desires and fears, inwardly we experience something hellish, and often the outward life will follow.

Quite literally, where our thoughts are, we are, and we are wise to consider if our thoughts are where we wish to be.

Along with this also understand that the dead, in truth, don’t go anywhere. They are right here in the very same space, but in a different dimension of space, or consciousness; thus, truly our thoughts and prayers can affect them and we can offer spiritual assistance to the spirits of the dead, blessing and uplifting them, and guiding them to move on.

Life and waking consciousness, sleep and dream, death and the afterlife, these experiences are all happening in consciousness, they are all a radiant display of consciousness, they are just different dimensions, expressions, of one and the same consciousness; hence, they are intimately interconnected and interdependent, inseparable from one another, all arising from the same foundation, the One Being-Consciousness-Force of which we are an emanation.

This is, indeed, all very near to us. It’s present with us right now.

Shalom Aleichem!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Return to “Wisdom of the Psalms”