Psalm 27

Moderator: Phillip

sheryl
Site Admin

Psalm 27

#1 Postby sheryl » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:50 pm

Shalom Dear Friends!

This Psalm came to mind tonight in the midst of our Zohar discussion. If I might share parts of it with you.

One thing I have desired of Yahweh
That will I seek:
That I may dwell in the house of Yahweh
All the days of my life,
To behold the beauty of Yahweh,
And to inquire in His temple.
For in the time of trouble
He shall hide me in His pavilion;
In the secret place of His tabernacle
He shall hide me;
He shall set me high upon a rock.

Hear, O Lord, when I cry with my voice!
Have mercy also upon me, and answer me.
When You said, “Seek My face,”
My heart said to You, “Your face, Lord, I will seek.”
Do not hide Your face from me;
Do not turn Your servant away in anger;
You have been my help;
Do not leave me nor forsake me,
O God of my salvation.

Teach me Your way, O Lord,
And lead me in a smooth path, because of my enemies.
Do not deliver me to the will of my adversaries;
For false witnesses have risen against me,
And such as breathe out violence.
I would have lost heart, unless I had believed
That I would see the goodness of the Lord
In the land of the living.
Wait on the Lord;
Be of good courage,
And He shall strengthen your heart;
Wait, I say, on the Lord!

In the first part, when Kind David speaks of being hidden by Yahweh, being set high upon a rock, a recent teaching of our Beloved Tau Malachi's comes to mind.

Concerning the cleft, note that a person must go into the cleft, and then the Holy One puts them into the cleft and shields them, and passes by; going into the cleft, on one level, corresponds with repentance, and being put into the cleft corresponds with being received by the Shekinah - the shielding and passing by corresponds with forgiveness and measured blessings, giving to each spirit or soul what they desire to receive and are able to receive.

In our Zohar discussion this evening, we learned about raising our hands, or doing, in vain versus raising our hands in blessing, in zeal, with the Shekinah resting upon them. The former is in emptiness, and the latter is in fullness - our hands embodying something of the face of God. How curious that Kind David brings these two teachings together! Repentance and receiving, and seeking the Face of God, the attributes of God, giving blessing.

A few months back, Tau Malachi gave us a teaching on waiting upon the Lord, which seems to tie these contemplations together.

Devekut, "cleaving," is a very interesting word, for it can indicate dividing or separating, or it can indicate joining or uniting; to cleave can indicate a radical purification through cutting off or separating from negativity, but it can indicate a passionate attachment to the Holy One that leads to the experience of union.

It's similar to the word waiting, as in learning to wait upon the Spirit of the Lord." Waiting can indicate a state of stillness, rest or repose, but also action, work, serving; hence apparent opposite meanings, much like we find with the word cleaving.

In this one Psalm, we seem to have an expression of tonight's teaching: Being zealous for the Holy One in all of our doing, seeking the Face of God through our virtuous actions, raising our hands, seeking to draw in blessings for all!

May all wait upon the Lord!

With much gratitude,

Sheryl

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

Re: Psalm 27

#2 Postby Tau Malachi » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:31 am

Grace and peace to you in Hayyah Yeshua!

“For he will hide me in his shelter in the day of trouble; he will conceal me under the cover of his tent; he will set me high on a rock” (Psalm 27:5 NRS).

This verse captures my attention this morning. “Shelter” and “tent” are cognomens of Malkut and the Holy Shekinah, and while, indeed, this may refer to the tabernacle, the tabernacle and later the temple, was considered the dwelling place of the Shekinah and the focal point for the manifestation of Malkut, the kingdom of God. The “cover of his tent” or “secret place” is the Holy Shekinah, and ultimately it is the Holy Shekinah and her good company, the spirits of tzaddikim and angels, that form a Holy Sanctuary for those who have faith and who cleave to the Holy One, Yahweh.

In these times this Holy Sanctuary becomes manifest by living tzaddikim and the communities that form around them, the Holy Shekinah resting upon the tzaddik and community, the Holy Spirit moving with, in and through them in the world. In this world the psychic atmosphere can be very dark and hostile, and the world is dominated by archonic and demonic forces, great admixture and evil; the presence of tzaddik and community serves as a shelter or sanctuary from these influence of the klippot, the Other Side.

There is the outer tzaddik, and the outer tzaddik is a holy sanctuary, and there is the inner tzaddik, and there is the indwelling Messiah, and they are a holy sanctuary. The purpose of the outer tzaddik and community is the realization of the inner tzaddik and indwelling Messiah, and it is this realization that is the ultimate Holy Sanctuary, in this life and in the afterlife. Thus, taking shelter or sanctuary we need to go within and live within, and strive for greater inwardness, going deeper still into the inner aspects of our soul, our being, understanding that the Messiah and Holy One indwell the inmost aspect of our soul, and in the inmost aspect of our soul, we are unified with the Messiah in the Holy One, inseparable from the Light of the Infinite.

The darkness cannot overcome this Holy and Supernal Light, and nothing can enter into the inmost aspect of our soul save the Messiah and Holy One; even the angels of heaven cannot enter that holy of holies, let alone an angel of the archons or demons.

If we live in the ego and surface consciousness we are susceptible to the hostile psychic atmosphere of this world, and to the influence of archonic and demonic forces, but if we live within, cleaving to the Messiah and Holy One, abiding in the good company of the Holy Shekinah, we are delivered from these influences of the Other Side. Likewise, if we have faith and cleave, and we abide in the companionship of the Holy Shekinah, we may experience revelations of the Messiah and Holy One through the Holy Spirit, and the Holy Shekinah may give us wisdom, understanding and knowledge of the Gospel, outer, inner and secret. Indeed, living within, merging with the indwelling Messiah, the Holy Spirit may give us all manner of spiritual gifts, and with them we may serve the kingdom of heaven and manifest the Holy Sanctuary for people, for all our relations.

This giving of shelter, and this concealment, bring to mind a teaching in the Gospel of St. Philip. According to that esoteric gospel, those who put on the Perfect Light - Clear Light, when they ascend they cannot be seen by the angels of archons and demons, and therefore cannot be assaulted or bound by them.

This corresponds with the Body of Truth (Amet), and the generation of the Body of Glory and Body of Emanation; hence, the secret dimension of the threefold Sanctuary of Grace as taught in the tradition. In this, truly, one becomes a Holy Sanctuary to others, all through Divine Grace, Supernal Influx, through the mercy and compassion of the Holy One,

To be “set high on a rock,” here we may contemplate the Risen Messiah and our soul uplifted in the Great Resurrection and Ascension.

These are a few thoughts that arose this morning contemplating this verse of Psalm 27, so I was inclined to share them.

Shalom Aleichem!
Tau Malachi
Sophia Fellowship
Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

sheryl
Site Admin

#3 Postby sheryl » Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:12 am

Shalom Tau Malachi!

Thank you for this teaching. It is bringing delightful contemplations.

I am especially moved in thought with this sharing:

To be “set high on a rock,” here we may contemplate the Risen Messiah and our soul uplifted in the Great Resurrection and Ascension.

it is bringing to heart and mind something the Perfect Tzaddik said:

“But who do you say that I am?” Simon Peter replied, “You are the Christ, the Son of the Living God.” And Yeshua answered him, “Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah! For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my Father who is in heaven. And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell[c] shall not prevail against it. I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.”

With your teaching, I am hearing church anew. We know that 'this rock' is what the Father revealed to Peter, that Yeshua is the Christ, the Son of the Living God. And given what you taught above...

If we live in the ego and surface consciousness we are susceptible to the hostile psychic atmosphere of this world, and to the influence of archonic and demonic forces, but if we live within, cleaving to the Messiah and Holy One, abiding in the good company of the Holy Shekinah, we are delivered from these influences of the Other Side.

...my church is being heard as those who live from within, being called out of the surface consciousness. And the gates of hell cannot prevail against those who live from deep within.

Praise to Imma Gadol for these teachings.

May we all go deep within, deeper still, receiving the gifts of greater Habad (Wisdom, Understanding, and Knowledge).

With gratitude,

Sheryl

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#4 Postby Tau Malachi » Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:44 am

All blessings to you in the Holy Name, the Name that is blessed!

“Now my head is lifted up above my enemies all around me, and I will offer in his tent sacrifices with shouts of joy; I will sing and make melody to Yahweh” (6).

This verse captures my attention this morning, following what has been shared. As we know, among the Three Roots is this: “Set your mind on those things that are above,” and truly when we do our “head is lifted above our enemies,” the forces of the klippot, husks of impurity and darkness. This uplifting of our mind, however, we do not do through our own efforts alone, but rather, cleaving to the Messiah and Holy One, unifying ourselves with the Shekinah, and opening to the influx of the Holy Light and Spirit, the Holy Spirit uplifts our mind into higher, more expanded grades of consciousness and intelligence.

When our head is lifted in this way, when our mind is set upon those things that are above, then we can offer true gifted worship, and make sacrifices of praise and thanksgiving with shouts of joy; and inwardly, in our soul, joined with the choirs of angels in heaven, we may sing and make melody to Yahweh Elohim.

At times such devotion may provoke the experience of aliyat neshamah, mystical ascensions of the soul into the heavens so that, literally, in our soul we may sing and rejoice with the angels in exterior and interior heavens, and in the exterior and interior Shekinah, and in so doing we may invoke great spiritual and supernal influxes, shifting the balance of spiritual forces, mitigating judgment with mercy amidst the people and the land.

As we know, Yahweh corresponds with Tiferet, and here we may assume an uplifting of the heart and soul, and mind, through Malkut and Yesod to Tiferet; understanding what has been shared previously concerning being set high upon a rock, and understanding Tiferet as the Sefirah of the Messiah, so we understand that the Holy Spirit uplifted King David to Tiferet. Thus, a little further on it is written, “‘Come,’ my heart says, ‘seek his face!’” (8). Indeed, the Little Face, Zer Anpin, of which Tiferet is the central Sefirah.

This seeking of the face, of course, composes yet another contemplation, but here it reenforces the interpretation of an ascent of the soul to Tiferet, cleaving and unification with Tiferet, or with the Messiah.

This, of course, is the intention of the “Holy Church,” Anointed Community, in worship, a reaching up to Tiferet, and invoking influxes of the Supernals through Tiferet.

The true Church of Christ is, indeed, formed by those who go within and live within, and the Interior Church is formed by those who go deeper still, merging with the Messiah and Holy Spirit, living like an angel in this world, or living like a true “saint” - tzaddik.

Cleaving to Anointed Community, this is cleaving to Malkut, cleaving to the Holy Tzaddik, this is cleaving to Yesod, and cleaving to the Messiah, this is cleaving to Tiferet; when cleaving, devekut, is perfected there is merging, there is conscious unification.

When we go within, we cleave to the inner tzaddik, and when we go deeper still we cleave to the indwelling Messiah; those engage in this are the “Holy Church,” or Anointed Community, for those who live within receive their anointing from the Holy One. Praise the Lord!

This is what I am to share today; here I will pause, waiting upon the Spirit of the Lord.

May many experience their head lifted up in the Messiah this day! Amen.

Shalom Aleichem!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Return to “Wisdom of the Psalms”