Psalm 46

Moderator: Phillip

SophiasNemo

Psalm 46

#1 Postby SophiasNemo » Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:39 am

Hello,
I was wondering if you could share anything with us on Psalm 46?
I find it deeply moving. I was also wondering the proper names of God to use in place of God, Lord, The Lord of Hosts, etc.
Thanks!

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

Re: Psalm 46

#2 Postby Tau Malachi » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:14 pm

Greetings and blessings in the Holy Name of Yeshua Messiah!

The prevailing Name of God throughout this psalm is Elohim, and the Holy Name for Lord is Yahweh, the Lord of Hosts, Yahweh Tzavaot. The Name of Elyon, Most High, also appears - the Supreme.

At the outset, the first three verses, this is an invocation of refuge, divine protection, in the midst of great tumult, great judgment, or the end-of-days; the imagery given is of the end-of-days, a great upheaval of the world. This imagery, though, also corresponds with divine revelation, and this plays out in verse six, “he utters his voice, the earth melts”; and we may recall what is said of the appearance and revelation of the Risen and Ascended Messiah on the Mount of Olives in esoteric gospels, that the heavens and earth, and all creation, was “agitated,” or “trembled,” Thus, while on one hand this psalm is an invocation of divine guardianship, refuge, on an esoteric level it is a psalm invoked for revelation of deep mysteries of salvation, as well as to invoke an influx from the upper, interior Shekinah, Binah-Understanding.

“There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God, the holy habitation of the Most High,” understand, this river corresponds with the river the flows out of Eden to water the garden in Genesis, Binah is its origin according to the Kabbalah, and the currents or streams within it are the Six Sefirot: Hesed, Gevurah, Tiferet, Netzach, Hod and Yesod. The Garden and the City of God are cognomens of Malkut, the lower, exterior Shekinah, the distinction between these two terms for Malkut, the former Malkut in her natural, original state, and the the latter Malkut evolved, actualized and realized through the awakening and realization of souls, through the generation of spiritual and supernal humanity - true humanity. Understanding this, perhaps you may see that this is an invocation of an influx from the Supernals, and specifically Binah, through the Six into Malkut; that Malkut is called City of God in the psalm implies an influx that enlightens souls and establishes them in the World-That-Is-Coming, akin to what is taught of the Second Coming of the Messiah in the tradition.

The psalm goes on, invoking the dispelling of klippot, impure husks or barriers to the influx and revelation, and then it comes full circle in a taking of refuge at the end.

There is a key verse to note: “Be still, and know that I am God [Elohim]!” This is a direct instruction for primordial meditate (hitbonenut), and therefore, having prayed, invoked, with this lofty psalm, an initiate then meditates, abiding in the presence of the Lord, in the good company of the Holy Shekinah, waiting upon the Holy Spirit for a revelation.

On one level this psalm is understood by initiates as an instruction for a form of prophetic meditation.

These are a few initial thoughts that it is given that I might share with you this afternoon. I wish you well.

Shalom Aleichem!
Tau Malachi
Sophia Fellowship
Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#3 Postby Tau Malachi » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:59 am

Grace and peace to you in Hayyah Yeshua, the Risen Messiah!

There is something more that can be shared concerning this delightful psalm, something concerning the repeated verse: “The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge” (7 & 11).

First God of Jacob, this corresponds with Tiferet-Beauty o the Tree of Life. Jacob, or Israel, was the patriarch corresponding with Tiferet, “chariot of Tiferet,” and likewise, according to the oral tradition Jacob was one of the incarnations of the soul destined to become the Messiah, as was Joshua and Elisha, and Tiferet is the Sefirah associated with the Messiah. Whenever “God of Jacob” appears in the Scriptures it denotes Tiferet, and in the Christian Kabbalah alludes to the Messiah, or salvation in the Eternal One.

At the outset of this psalm, “God [Elohim] is our refuge.” This corresponds with Malkut-Kingdom, cleaving to the Holy Shekinah, and merging with the Holy Shekinah in prayer and meditation in the beginning; then “the God of Jacob is our refuge,” this corresponds with the elevation of the soul through Yesod-Foundation to Tiferet, cleaving to Tiferet, or the Messiah, and unification with Tiferet, or the Messiah, the Sanctuary of Grace.

When our soul is uplifted and unified in this way, and we abide in unification with the Messiah in the Most High (Elyon), so “the Lord of hosts is with us,” hosts, Tzavaot, angels of heaven, the good company of the Shekinah of Messiah, and so our “enemies” are delivered into our hands, klippot, husks of darkness, being shattered and the sparks bound up in them being uplifted and redeemed. Praise God, the God of Jacob! Amen.

Shalom Aleichem!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

SophiasNemo

#4 Postby SophiasNemo » Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:15 pm

Shalom!
Thank you so much for sharing! This brings such depth to my practice. I greatly appreciate it.

Return to “Wisdom of the Psalms”