Psalm 110: One Vision, God's Vision

Moderator: Phillip

Marion

Psalm 110: One Vision, God's Vision

#1 Postby Marion » Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:54 am

Shalom!

Psalm 110 begins:
"YHVH says to my Adonai, sit at my right hand until I make your enemies your footstool."

In this, I am hearing the inner and higher self saying, "practice, practice, and believe." We need to have everlasting hope and faith. Hope that YHVH will be victorious over our enemies. I've realized that often, I have worries that are stemming from a lack of faith, and a lack of thinking to ask God for help. Do we know how much help is available to us if we will just ask? If for just one moment, we could see how many helpful spiritual forces, angels of God, and Tzaddikim are there to lend assistance, it would be overwhelming.

In this verse I am also contemplating how to God, our "enemies" are nothing. They are in the unreal; they have no substantial self existence. Therefore, they are as shadows in the night. Never having been real in the first place, how am I afraid? How will they overtake me? Isn't one ounce of faith more powerful than these?

There is something else with YHVH and Adonai. YHVH here feels like makafin—encircling, and Adonai feels like pi'nimi—eminence. So that in this verse, something of makifin becomes pi'nimi? There is also a feeling of the relationship of YHVH to Adonai. This reminds of everything that Yeshua says about the father, such as "I and the Father are One." Yeshua reflects the Father, and the Father moves through and as Yeshua.

"Your people will offer themselves willingly, on the day you lead your forces on the holy mountains."
I'm hearing this as nefesh bowed in service to neshamah. Since the inner neshamah is the part of the soul that is in complete union with God Most High, nefesh is in complete service to God Most High. The word "willingly" is really striking here, because it means that there is no "mixed multitude" as there was in Exodus. All parts of self are in complete submission, and have one thought and one desire—Praise God!

A mountain is a very curious place to lead troops into battle. Normally, a commander would seek an easier way if it was possible. This brings up several interesting contemplations. The first, is Revelations 16:15 15 “Behold, I am coming like a thief! Blessed is the one who stays awake, keeping his garments on, that he may not go about naked and be seen exposed!” Coming through mountains is certainly not easy, and certainly not expected! Therefore, there's an element of surprise, and only a commander of elite forces would attempt such a thing, as it would be dangerous and very rigorous.

The other way I was hearing this was as a contemplation of the upper room. The upper room in a meditation in the tradition, is placed above the head, and is something of a heavenly academy filled with tzaddikim and maggidim. If viewed as an internal experience, the upper room allows access to the wisdom of the soul, and I am also wondering if this is speaking to the embodiment of supernal light? It has been said that the eighth transcendent star that is above the head is the place of supernal light. What happens when this star is "brought down" ? That is, merged with the body and life? Or, if there is an experience of merging with this star? Is this the meaning of "upper room"? This is also reminding me of the story of pentecost, where the disciples are in the upper room and have this experience of tongues of fire, and the Risen Savior coming to them, empowering them. What is very interesting, is that immediately following this experience they are lead out amongst the people to teach and initiate them. This reminds of last week's Shabbat discourse furthering our discussion of Seeking a Vision. Where in seeking and then receiving a vision, the next task is to live according to it. It was also said that God gives us talents, visions, and abilities in order to use them; this goes for spiritual and apparent material talents. Though, in the experience, all talents and abilities are God's talents, and so are for God, from God, and are God working and speaking through us. In so many words: There is no where you are that God isn't, Praise God!

Blessings to the Risen Savior and God Most High—El Elyon! Amen.

Blessings and Shalom!
Marion

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

Re: Psalm 110: One Vision, God's Vision

#2 Postby Tau Malachi » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:57 am

Grace and peace to you from Hayyah Yeshua, the Risen and Ascended Messiah!

“Yahweh says to Adonai, ‘Sit at my right hand until I make your enemies your footstool.’”

This verse captures my attention this morning and reading what you have written I’m inclined to expand upon the contemplation.

As we know this is interpreted as a prophecy of the coming of the Messiah and so speaks of the divine action of the Messiah. In that these are both Names of God, so this is a speaking, a prayer from God, to God and for God; and in context we may say that it is an invocation, prayer, of God Most High blessing, anointing, ordaining and consecrating the Messiah who has come, is coming and is to come. As we also know, Yahweh is a Name of God that corresponds with Tiferet-Beauty and Adonai is a Name of God that corresponds with Malkut-Kingdom. Adonai is a Name of God indicating the revelation of God to us, God as God makes Godself known to us, and likewise is a Holy Name indicating the full embodiment of the Divine Presence, Holy Shekinah, Holy Spirit, or God Consciousness, as in the Blessed Name, Adonai Yeshua. Also, though, it indicates that the Messiah is the kingdom of God, the true kingdom of heaven; hence the proclamation of Yohanan the Baptist of the coming of the Messiah in the person of Yeshua, saying, ‘Repent, for the kingdom of heaven has come near.’

All of this is common knowledge of the Christian Kabbalah, but there is something more, something deeper I’m inclined to share.

Understand, God reveals Godself to us as our true self - the Divine Self, the Divine I Am; this is the only way God Most High is revealed to us, and our Divine Self, Divine I Am, corresponds with knowledge of God. In that each soul is a unique and individual emanation of the Light of the Infinite One, inseparable from the Infinite One, so each soul will have unique knowledge of God, realization of God and embodiment of God - the ‘manifestation of Yahweh as Adonai.’ Also understand that in this revelation, realization, there is a passing away in oneness with the Eternal One - Yahweh - so that the Holy Shekinah, Holy Spirit, takes up the person and life and becomes the doer of all things, God being the seeing, hearing and feeling, tasting, touching and smelling, and all actions of mind, heart and body; hence, ‘sitting at the right hand’ while the Eternal One subjugates all spiritual forces, powers, of heaven and earth to the holy and enlightened one - the Righteous One, Holy Tzaddik.

Here we may remind, when we make our will God’s will - enacting our true will, the will of the Divine I Am, God’s will becomes our own, and all spiritual forces of creation, ‘heaven and earth,’ move in harmony with us - the ‘angel of the Holy Shekinah going before us delivering our enemies into our hands.’ This is the station and state of realizing Adonai.

You see, the Messiah indwells us as our Divine Self, Divine I Am; that Self, I Am, is inseparable from the Messiah and Holy One - it is the manifestation of the One Soul in us, and the Holy Light and Spirit of God that is the very essence and nature of our soul, neshamah, and the interiors of neshamah, hayyah and yechidah. Thus, this is not only a prophecy of the First Coming of the Messiah as Adonai Yeshua, but of the Second Coming, the realization and embodiment of the Messiah in us.

As perhaps you also might imagine the opening of this holy psalm is also read to connote the station, or state, in which the Great Vision of Melchizedek arises; hence, the experience of Clear Light Union.

These were a few thoughts I was inclined to share this morning.

May you enjoy the good company of the Holy Shekinah this day and abide in the Sanctuary of Grace! Amen.

Shalom Aleichem!
Tau Malachi
Sophia Fellowship
Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Marion

#3 Postby Marion » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:55 pm

Shabbat Shalom Tau Malachi!

I was contemplating the term we use: Clear Light Union and what you said of it in the previous post. There was a concept of this before of God somehow being separate from creatures and creation, therefore, this union was only a union with “God” and not all of creation. Now I am hearing that this was a silly concept; how could God be separate from creation? Therefore is this union a union with all things as they are in God? Somehow too, seeing things as they are in God does not exclude how they appear in themselves. It’s a union, a dance of the two, which are also somehow One. In this I am also hearing a common phrase in the Tradition “The world is a dance of great beauty and great horror”.

This contemplation lead to another question about the Messiah, Does the Messiah see creatures and creation as they are in God? And is this part of the power of Messiah? Because if the Clear Light Nature of all things is seen, would it then be quite natural to draw it out? This feels very much like the sanctuary of Grace that is enacted by Yeshua at the cross and through the resurrection. If on the cross he is able to see all creatures as they are in God, then by dying on the cross, he is able to bring all darkness, all klippot into submission. Then in the resurrection, he is able to bring forth this Divine Presence and Nature into this world.

This gets at another contemplation of this Psalm. When first reading it, I had this concept that these things were so far removed from day to day experience. You said in your last post that this is a Psalm that connotes the station or state in which the Great Vision of Melchizadek arrises. I had this thought that this Great Vision was so “out there”. Now it feels like this Great Vision is so “right here”, it is so immediate, so innate to everyone and everything. In the Zohar, in Bereshit, it is said that creation is happening all of the time. That what we read in the beginning of the book of Genesis is happening all of the time. Creation is being made anew each and every moment. Can the same be said of the Great Vision?

You also spoke of this interaction of Yahweh and Adonai as the interaction of Tiferet and Malkut. When Malkut is in ignorance, she is in effect “cut off” from Tiferet, and more and more gets fed from the other side. Even in this ignorance though, she is fed by Tiferet through secret pathways—through Tzaddkim and prayers of the righteous. When Yahweh says to Adonai, “sit at my right hand, and I will make your enemies your footstool”, this feel like this is Adonai becoming aware of herself as inseparable from Yahweh. When this happens, she can be filled with the light of the Spiritual Sun, instead of the putrid slime of the other side.

On a soul level, this interaction feels like when we train our Nefesh—vital or bestial nature, and our Guf—body, to be in submission to the inner and higher self—Ruach and Neshamah. So this Nefesh Behamit—bestial soul, becomes Nefesh elokit—righteous soul.

May Our Soul Ascend into the Heights of Awareness, Knowing God in All Things! Amen.

Blessings and Shalom,
Marion

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#4 Postby Tau Malachi » Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:51 am

Blessings to you in the Holy Light of the Messiah, the light of all prophets and apostles of God!

Understand, the Clear Light is the radiance of Ain Sof, the ‘Infinite One,’ so Or Ain Sof, ‘Light of the Infinite; hence, the radiance of the ‘Supernal One,’ Eheieh, El Elyon. This, of course, is the Holy Light of the Messiah, who is the life and light of all people, all creatures, in heaven and on earth. This Holy Light is the very essence of all ‘lights,’ it is the primordial and supernal foundation of all living spirits and souls - all sentient beings, and all spirits, all souls, emanate from this Clear Light, Infinite Light. Understand, El Elyon, ‘God Most High,’ is the ‘Absolute Light’. - Clear Light. When a soul experiences Clear Light Union, this corresponds with a complete ‘passing away’ in the Absolute Oneness of El Elyon, realization of the Absolute Oneness of El Elyon, Eheieh.

In that the Clear Light is the primordial and supernal essence of all living spirits and souls, their inmost essence and nature, so too there is the realization of unity with the One Soul in the experience of Clear Light Union - it is union with the Infinite and Eternal One, and with all, the entirety of creation. This is what the realization of the ‘Absolute Oneness’ of El Elyon is and means; hence, the realization that there is no other Reality than the Holy One, there is no existence apart from the Holy One - the only existence is the Holy One alone, the ‘True Existence’ - the ‘Real.’

The experience of Clear Light Union is the complete passing away of the soul in the Absolute Oneness of El Elyon, Eheieh; but as we know the fruition of passing away is ‘no passing away,’ the realization of bornless being - hence the arising of the Great Vision from the lucidity of Clear Light Union. The Great Vision of Melchizedek is the generation and arising of the realized soul in threefold body, truth, glory and pure emanation, and it is indeed the perception of all things in their innate primordial and supernal purity and perfection, or as they are in El Elyon, the Absolute Light. The threefold body of the realized soul arising is inseparable from the entirety of emanation, creation, formation and action that appears in this Great Vision of God; so while apparently surrounding the soul, all is beheld simultaneously within the soul, and it is all beheld from all angles, directions, outwardly and inwardly in oneness, pure radiant awareness (or non-dual gnostic awareness).

As we know in the experience of the Great Vision there is an arising of primordial sound-vibration (‘Word’) in the infinite expanse of Clear Light (‘Wisdom’), and this gives raise to five essential lights corresponding with the five yesodot - the primordial ‘elements’ of soul, consciousness, in their innate purity, unity, with the Infinite and Eternal One. From these rays, streams of light shine creating, forming, an infinite array of geometrical patterns - a great matrix of light, and from those geometrical patterns light forms, images, and light realms arises, the radiant display of the Supernal Abode, the ‘Pleroma of Light.’ This is the truth, reality, within and behind all that appears in creation when beheld in the Oneness of El Elyon, and this is seeing, hearing and feeling, and being, as the Messiah - ‘the One Anointed with the Supernal Light of Elyon, the ‘Most High,’ the ‘Supreme’; as such, it is ‘seeing,’ ‘knowing,’ creatures, creation, as El Elyon ‘sees,’ ‘knows,’ in their innate perfection, the foreknowledge of their coming into being, their Divine Destiny.

On an esoteric level in the Christian Kabbalah ‘sit at my right hand,’ this rest or repose, corresponds with the complete passing away in Clear Light Union, and what follows in this psalm alludes to the arising of the Great Vision of Melchizedek.

As we also know, if there is an arising of the yesodot in impurity, in the ignorance, dualism, the illusion of separation, then instead of an arising in primordial and supernal light, or Atzilut, there is the apparent arising in the impure lights, or ‘false lights,’ of the spiritual, astral and material, or Beriyah, Yetzirah and Asiyah. So there is an arising of this Great Vision in Yichud (unity) or in Perud (separation). The arising of this Great Vision in Yichud corresponds with the full unification of Tiferet and Malkut, while the arising in Perud corresponds with the ‘divorce’ of Tiferet and Malkut, more or less. In this you may understand that the full ‘unification’ of Tiferet and Malkut is brought about through the complete passing away of souls and their realization of oneness with El Elyon, the Absolute Light.

Regardless of the bondage of souls to the gilgulim, transmigrations, in the ignorance, the illusion of separation, inwardly the Great Natural Perfection of their being in El Elyon, the Absolute Light, remains true, real - such is the true essence and nature of all spirits and souls, all sentient beings, appearing in the spiritual, astral and material universes, their root is in the supernal universe and the Absolute Light.

As this innate oneness with the Messiah in El Elyon is realized, there is ‘salvation,’ the enlightenment and liberation of the soul - conscious reintegration with the Light of the Infinite One.

This is what I’m inclined to share today.

May many awaken and remember their origin in the Pleroma of Light, and so realize their innate perfection as they are in God, the True Light! Amen.

Yeshua Shalom!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Return to “Wisdom of the Psalms”