Greetings & Welcome!

winsoko

Re: Greetings & Welcome!

#51 Postby winsoko » Fri May 01, 2015 6:06 am

Hello and God's Blessings!

My first post. I am happy to have found this site and have been enjoying reading Tau's "The Gnostic Gospel of Thomas". I have been a spiritual seeker my entire life and have spent the last 15 years or so exploring the Catholic mystics and attending Mass. My search has led me thru Buddhism, psychic awareness and Biblical study, but I have always felt like something was missing. I am not new to Gnostic writings and have read many and contemplated why John was chosen over Thomas for inclusion in the canonical Bible for example and understand that the church, like most institutions, has been burdened by the choices of very human men with personal agendas that sometimes may have outweighed actual spiritual truth.

I do not want to get stuck on the more academic side of exploration which as been an issue for me attested by my overflowing bookshelves, and at the same time, I have a strong and longstanding meditation practice and have been blessed with some beautiful spiritual experiences. I guess I am looking forward to finding out where I go from here. I have been feeling lost again despite my endless searching, feeling like I am looking for forest in the trees that are right in front of me, but I don't see them. I have been praying that my spiritual eyes are opened and the "scales" or veil that is over them will be dropped. I do think I found this site when I let go and just stopped, feeling like my searching has just led me in circles and thru a maze of dead-ends.

I have already found many answers here which is a relief! Things that I seem to have intuitively known have been discussed here and even expanded beyond my thoughts. I am still contemplating, where do I go from here? Looking forward to reading the forum and participating in the Tuesday night group.

Blessings to all,

Winnie

Elder Gideon
Site Admin

#52 Postby Elder Gideon » Fri May 01, 2015 9:44 am

Shalom Winnie!

So glad to meet you! I too have been many places before feeling like I came home in Spirit to this lineage. It's very rare and special. I pray it blesses and empowers you.

Tuesday nights are a superb place to begin, where you'll meet others from many places and backgrounds drawn to a more esoteric yet practical orientation with Christian spirituality. Elder Sarah has been doing wonderful work there and many are growing with her kind guidance.

As you might see, this forum has grown to the vastness of a national park. We're working on organizing essential texts from within its myriad conversations. They're here for the enduring benefit of others, like yourself. Peruse as you're inspired and feel free to add to any existing conversation with a pertinent question. Starting a new one is also more than welcome. Someone is sure to respond.

Many blessings to you, sister!

Elder Gideon

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#53 Postby Tau Malachi » Fri May 01, 2015 10:01 am

Welcome to our online community sister!

I was contemplating times when questions arise concerning direction in our lives, or where we will go in the next cycle of our lives, in our spiritual work and our walk with the Lord, and a though arose, one that I posted on my Facebook page: "Be here and now, where you are and God is, and you will see where to go, the Spirit will guide you in the moment, in what's happening."

Given your contemplation it seemed fun to share this thought with you.

If you've been studying the Catholic mystics, I'd imagine that you have a desire for deeper spiritual and mystical experiences of Christ and God, and have a desire for nearness to God, and perchance conscious unification with Christ in God. If that is the case then perhaps there is a need for an evolution of your daily devotions and practice, joined with the study and contemplation of deeper esoteric mysteries, one that surpasses mental concepts and ventures into direct knowledge and understanding, and therefore wisdom - enlightenment. I'd suggest looking into some of the practices we teach, and seeing if some might stand out to you. Specifically, I'd suggest "primordial meditation," "giving and receiving" and a "union with partzuf" (divine personification). These are explained on our main website. Perhaps a bit of a shift in your way of practice, or an addition, might be of some help as you contemplate this question of yours.

It's good to see you here, and I hope our community can be of some help to you in your journey. You will be in my heart and prayers.

Shalom Aleichem!
Tau Malachi
Sophia Fellowship
Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

winsoko

#54 Postby winsoko » Fri May 01, 2015 5:43 pm

Thank you for the warm replies Elder Gideon and Tau Malachi! I do feel like this will be a good place for me at this point and look forward to continuing to learn and understand more about the teachings.

I was encouraged by your quote: "Be here and now, where you are and God is, and you will see where to go, the Spirit will guide you in the moment, in what's happening." It gave me a moment to stop and relax and to remember I am on the path because I am here, thank you.

I also had a moment to look at the practices and look forward to taking a new approach in my practice and following where it may lead. You are correct, Tau Malachi, I am longing for deeper spiritual and mystical experiences and to feel God's nearness. I am trying to shed my contrived notions of Yeshua and God and resist putting them in the same box I have always perceived them. I have been trying to be open and be more of an observer.

Thank you for your suggestions and your prayers.

Love and blessings to you,

Winnie

Yonah

#55 Postby Yonah » Mon May 04, 2015 6:48 am

Welcome Winnie to our forums and our lineage!
I pray that you find what you are looking for on your Journey.
Shalom, Yonah
Shalom,
Yonah
EPS Columbus Gathering

winsoko

#56 Postby winsoko » Mon May 04, 2015 12:08 pm

Thank you very much, Brother Yonah! I am finding the forum and the book I have been reading very helpful. I am changing my practice at Tau's suggestion and exploring where that leads me.

Blessings, Winnie

Cyrus_K

#57 Postby Cyrus_K » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:41 pm

I just wanted to thank everyone at Ecclesia Pistis Sophia for accepting me into the forum community! I had been in touch with Tau Malachi through Facebook occasionally and he advised me that I could learn more from interactions on this forum, so I eventually joined. I especially appreciate the insight from another post that Gnosticism is a spiritual path rather than a religion, so it truly depends on sincere practice, personal knowledge, and experience. I am drawn to Gnosticism because the practical and lived dimension is worth far more to me than stagnant dogma or creeds, or required beliefs. This turned me off from orthodox religions in my teen years. My religious and spiritual background is rather long-winded, for I was born into a non-practicing Muslim family, studied the Quran and Islamic traditions on my own, lost faith in them gradually during my (skeptical) late teen years, studied Buddhism, Vedanta, and Zoroastrianism at different times, and only later found my way to the Sophian Tradition because of Tau Malachi's books, chiefly "Living Gnosis" and "The Gnostic Gospel of St. Thomas" meditations. I am not always able to make sense of the metaphysics or cosmology that I read, but the more I spend time with it, the more it slowly makes sense...I know much of the language and symbolism refers to shared mystical experiences. I would like to know how to go from being an 'outsider' to an insider or initiate in my everyday life, while focusing on the practical side of Gnosticism--how it is to be applied in daily life, work, relationships, how we treat others, exercise, activity, rest, ethics, charity, and so on. I have always craved practical guidance and fellowship, though I have not been part of a physical church community before. I currently reside in Arlington, VA and I wonder if there is a Gnostic community in the area.

I am quite interested in what Alduous Huxley called the Perennial Philosophy as well, which refers to core truths that all mystical traditions more-or-less share in common. I think Christian Gnosticism and Kabbalah are excellent gates into Perennial Wisdom. Does the Sophian Tradition have some relationship with other mystical traditions such as Vedanta, Zen, or Hermeticism? Does it have certain primary texts? (I know that historically it is an oral tradition).

I don't mean to ask too many questions all at once and sometimes I think aloud even in forums. Mainly, I hope I can learn much from interacting with the Elders here who have gained much wisdom from their years of practice and their own Gnosis. I sincerely hope I can live in such a way as to make the world a more compassionate place, less cruel and cold. Sometimes my own behaviour was not exemplary but I wish to work on myself with the right guidance too, to become a better human being and experience the light-presence for myself, be transformed by it.

Thank you so much,
Kei (Kaifi)

Elder Gideon
Site Admin

Greetings & Welcome!

#58 Postby Elder Gideon » Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:57 pm

Shalom Kei:

It sounds like you have journeyed quite a bit. I pray that what you find and receive from this tradition blesses you. There are many ways to become more familiar with our community and practice:

1. Participate in the forums as much as possible.
2. Continue to follow the EPS (Ecclesia Pistis Sophia) facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ecclesia ... e=bookmark
3. Attend Tuesday night chats with Elder Sarah: http://www.sophian.org/chat_skype.html
4. Stay in touch with our Shabbat audio discourses on YouTube or the bottom of our home page.

Our tradition honors authentic wisdom traditions founded upon love and compassion. We deeply respect their scriptures. You'll hear this throughout Tau Malachi's Gnosis of the Cosmic Christ. Our primary texts focus on the Old and New Testament, as well as mystical Jewish and Gnostic source works. Focusing on one spiritual language and way empowers a deeper awareness of every authentic spirituality of the heart of compassion.

I hope this is helpful in your journey.

Elder Gideon

Anna

#59 Postby Anna » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:22 pm

Welcome to our online community, Kei!

You voice lovely aspirations of living the Way of Truth. It is the aspiration shared by wisdom traditions around the world including our Lineage. Embodiment of the Christ Spirit/Illumination is what Yeshua demonstrated in his life to empower us to do the same. Inside each of us is the Indweller of Light, our Holy Soul, waiting to be drawn out and lived. It is, as Tau has often said, simple but not easy. I resonate with your striving to live an authentically spiritual life. It is a process and we all struggle and strive, learn and grow in the spiritual life.

You are right on about getting to know the teachings over time. That is how we all do it, through our continual study, practice, prayer, and laboring in the Spirit to live the Truth and Light that we experience. Faith and good works go hand in hand, as James tells us in his epistle, so, yes, this is a very practical path--all about embodying the Divine Attributes for the benefit of all beings!

I lead a study group in Fredericksburg, just down the road from you. We gather every Sunday for discussion of Sophian teachings and celebrate the Wedding Feast, Sophian Eucharist, after our studies. We have a modest website at eps-virginia.com. If you like, you are welcome to contact me by personal message or email, (below), or through the above website, about our meetings.

May you walk in the Good Company of St. Michael and the Holy Bride! May you find what you seek!
Shalom!
Anna

L.Tamayo

#60 Postby L.Tamayo » Sat May 21, 2016 10:34 pm

Peace folks

Call me lilith please, nice to meet you all. Uff, a little about me. I have joined this forum because I like hour y'all are so helpful and serious about teaching about sharing about christian gnosis and its practice.

I'm interested because Ive been looking for answers for a while. I have also learned and been many things. I started as a mexican kid who unlike what you might have expected, had a mom and lots of her family are pentacostal Christians. But when I grew up I abandoned that because my gender identity, politics even taste of music lol, conflicted with the church and more important I never had a spiritual experience in that time, I tried to believe in what they taught me but in the end I didnt, in fact looking back I was kinda depressed and had lots of things to heal. (Well I still do lol but I think Im a lot better now)

Anyways theres a lot more to my story but thats enough for now :) to conclude I am now drawn to spirituality thanks to ayahuasca and some key people in my life. And I have read and found interest in hinduism and buddism, but when I learned about christian gnosticism and mary magdalene, sophia, etc I saw christianity in a new way and it feels beautiful and I want to learn, and do more so I thought maybe this can be a good place to start.

Peace and thank yall for your attention :)

Elder Gideon
Site Admin

#61 Postby Elder Gideon » Sat May 21, 2016 10:56 pm

Shalom Lilith.

Welcome to our community! It's not like many you might find, as we cleave to a Gospel of Christ embodied by Yeshua (Jesus) and Mirya (Lady Mary). You might consider our YouTube channel to get a feeling for the voices and topics we explore in community every Sunday. As you continue perusing the website, you'll also find opportunities to interact with our community in real-time chat, which is very supportive.

I wish you all the best and hope you're supported in you spiritual life and practice.

Elder Gideon

L.Tamayo

#62 Postby L.Tamayo » Sun May 22, 2016 9:47 pm

Thank you for the welcome, I haven't posted anything else but that's because I already find a lot of the threads interesting and with information about questions that I have!

sheryl
Site Admin

#63 Postby sheryl » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:31 pm

Shalom Suzanne Marie, and welcome to our online community!

It is good to see you here.

Thank you for sharing a bit about yourself. I smiled at the sharing of your experiences as a child. They reminded me of my own, and the innocence with which many of us enter this world. It is a tough place to awaken in!

There indeed is much here to feast upon, and if you are inclined you are welcome to join us in our Tuesday night chat, led, usually by Elder Sarah. If this is something you are interested in, you can find more information here: http://www.sophian.org/chat_skype.html

It is a good idea to go ahead and register early so that you can be added in plenty of time to join with us. We meet next tomorrow at 6 PM Pacific Time.

I look forward to interacting with you on our forum, and perhaps in our chat!

You are in my prayers.

Sheryl

Elder Gideon
Site Admin

#64 Postby Elder Gideon » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:45 pm

Shalom Suzanne!

It's always great to meet new people who are enjoying our community online. I'm also enjoying your story and spiritual journey. Quite a few of us overlap with your experience of old-time religion and/or atheism in home. What lies between them is probably closer to the truth. The Spirit is open-ended and growing through us as we seek what's behind all of this.

I look forward to your insights and sharing, all as you're inspired. This is an incredible, diverse group of people who bring so much experience to our discussions and teachings. I wish you all the best in the Holy Mother-Bride!

Elder Gideon

Anna Marta

#65 Postby Anna Marta » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:02 am

Shalom, dear sisters and brothers!
I would like to introduce myself.
I am a practitioner in Edinburgh community, studying mysteries of wisdom traditions together with Mark and many others.
As we deepen in our exploration of Kabbalah as a community, we increasingly realise how precious this forum is and the need to participate in further explorations and discussions about life and God becomes increasingly potent.
So here I am. Ready to look and see.
Thank you for this truly precious space and opportunity to participate.
All the light,
Anna Marta

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#66 Postby Tau Malachi » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:04 am

Shalom Anna,

Greetings and welcome, it's good to see you here! It is delightful to have this vehicle to be able to share teachings with aspirants and initiates wherever they are living, and to record in writing teachings of a Christian Kabbalah for this generation and future generations. I look forward to becoming acquainted with you through your participation. As aspirants and initiates share their insights and bring their questions, so the help build the wisdom treasury here and serve to invoke new teachings and revelations, all as inspired by the Spirit of God. It builds up community and it is good.

May the Holy One blessed you and keep you! Amen.

Blessings!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Lucas M

#67 Postby Lucas M » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:34 am

Shalom!

Like Anna, I am also a practitioner in the Edinburgh circle and have been studying the Christian Kaballah with Mark and other brothers and sisters. I look forward to participate in discussions online and delve deeper in the mysteries of what is.
My sincere gratitude for this precious space!
With hope, love and faith

Lucas

Elder Gideon
Site Admin

Seeds of Light

#68 Postby Elder Gideon » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:55 pm

Shalom Anna and Lucas:

We welcome you warmly. This forum is like no other in all the world wide web. What is available here without cost is beyond price. I've watched it sprout from seedling posts of Tau Malachi and watched it become a canopy that reaches high into the heavens and deep into the earth. It is shade and it is shelter for those who love the mysteries of the Most High. With a good heart, anyone can enter and receive what hangs freely for each like ripened fruit.

I'm inspired that your gathering in Edinburgh is growing so well. That so many are able to benefit and thrive from a Christian Kabbalah at such a distance moves my spirit. This was our intention over fifteen years ago, reinforced today by your joy. May the Mother continue to grow the light drawing all of you together in Edinburgh and beyond.

However we can help you in your intention, please reach out. We desire your gathering to prosper in every way your faith and habad can imagine. May many, many more be drawn and find in your examples what The Way can be for this time and the time to come.

Elder Gideon

Elder Sarah
Site Admin

#69 Postby Elder Sarah » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:05 pm

Shalom Anna and Lucas,

Welcome to our forum! It is wonderful to meet both of you. As Elder Gideon spoke, the gathering in Edinburgh is tremendously inspiring, and truly a blessing to so many. It is a joy to the heart to hear how many are being blessed by the work there. I look forward to getting to know both of you. May the Lord bless and keep you both as you sojourn in the Way!

Shalom,
Elder Sarah

Marion

#70 Postby Marion » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:03 am

Shalom Anna and Lucas!

It's wonderful to see you both here, and I am looking forward to the insights we might share :-)

Blessings and Shalom,
Marion

Return to “Welcome, Introductions & General Questions”