Greeting to all, and blessings of Awen

Merlin

Greeting to all, and blessings of Awen

#1 Postby Merlin » Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:32 pm

Greetings, my new friends. I go by the name of Merlin, in honor of the Sage (the poet, visionary, and mystic Myrrdin) from whom I gain my deepest inspiration. As Merlin, did, I live in the depths of a lovely wood, sadly not in Britain, but in Bensalem, PA. I have been affiliated over many years with a variety of organizations, including the Rosicrucians, the Druids, the Wiccans, the Buddhists (Vajrayana school), and the Ecclesia Gnostica Catholica in search of "pearls of wisdom" and have gravitated toward Gnostic Christianity over the past 10 years. I find my greatest meaning and connection in the fusion of Gnostic Christianity with Druidry (Revivalist Druidry), and have developed my own unique philosophy which continues to evolve. I have sensed a deep connection between Yeshua, Mary Magdalene, and the immanent aspects of the Solar/God and Lunar/Goddess of Spirit (Nwyvre in Welsh) from the pagan faiths, and have also plumbed the depths of the connections between IAO and the Three Druidic Elements of Nwyvre, Calas, and Gwyar. Such connections continue to enhance my understanding of the One Source in Its immanent and transcendant aspects.

At any rate, I wished to introduce myself to you all, to wish you the blessings of Awen (three-fold inspiration), and to begin my dialogue with your group.

Peace and Love,

Merlin
Deus Lux Solis

paulnewman

#2 Postby paulnewman » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:33 am

Greetings, Merlin and blessings from over the water!

May the awen flow through you!

I've found the teachings of the Pistis Sophia dovetail really well with my understanding of Modern Druidry.

You might want to check out the forum called the order of St Uriel. It has some methods of working you should find familiar.

Welcome to the board!
. . .
/ | \

Merlin

Thanks

#3 Postby Merlin » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:54 pm

Thanks, Paul. I appreciate the well wishes and the symbol of the Awen in your post. I have looked at the St. Uriel forum, and, as with several of the forums, see nice extensions/correlations with the nature-based side of my faith.

Druidry is an extremely fluid way of being. Unlike many paths which are rigid and demand adherence to a set of principles, Druidry offers a freedom of expression that celebrates individuality and diversity. I consider myself to be a Gnostic Christian Druid working to understand, connect with, and balance the "without" with the "within". In this respect, I have worked to connect myself with the dynamic, active, solar aspect of Master Yeshua with the more formative, passive, receptive, lunar aspect of Mary Magdalene/Sophia and strive to balance the emanation of God's power and essence with my own reception of them. I work to fashion my Inner Sun and Inner Moon to be as one with the their Outer counterparts, to absorb God's essence from the Creation. This is where the connection with IAO comes in. "I" I take as being equivalent to "Yod", representative of the Solar power. Iota in Greek was symbolic of the Sun, and the upright, phallic appearance of the letter also suggests this.

"O" I take as being equivalent to "Heh" in that Omega in Greek was symbolic of Saturn, and the open, womb-like appearance of the letter further suggests association with the Feminine. The images associated with "O" for me are those of formation, of solidifcation, of manifestation.

"A", as Alpha, although representative of the Moon (which many would take as Feminie) in Greek, I believe conceals a hidden meaning in its shape, with two converging (or diverging) lines, suggesting the separation or bringing together of two forces. The lowercase Alpha likewise has two "ends" wound together in a central, circular pattern, suggestive of a joining or separation of two things. If one considers the interaction of the Sun (I) and Earth (O) as being mediated by the Moon (born of Earth, controlling tides, yet reflecting the Sun's light), the Lunar association makes sense. I also see this as representing the fusion of Solar and Saturnine energies in the shaping of the Spirit into distinct aspects of the Creation.

Thus, as Christ did with His Disciples, I vibrate IAO in each of the Four Gates (usually many, many times in the cycle of South --> West --> East --> North, representative of Yod-Heh-Vau-Heh or of Fire-Water-Air-Earth), feeling the Gates energized by the Triune Force of The Trinity. I may also use associations of Tetragrammaton with the directions/Elements to "solidify" the energies stored in the Gates, and I frequently follow by casting a 6-fold sphere of Light using the Trigrammaton designations listed in the Sepher Yetzirah. From here, I may perform any inner or outer work associated with the Elements. I have to say, that profound feelings of Peace and Oneness occur within me when I perform this simple ritual. I also feel the Christ presence very strongly, to the extent that I will sometimes drop to my knees in joy and reverence. Recently, doing this in the forest that surrounds my home, I felt utterly surrounded by light and warmth. So dense it was, that I felt as if I was literally immersed in a luminous fluid. This I take as being a very visible manifestation of the Astral Light and the field of Manred (Druid term) of the creation. Within that glow, I perceived Master Yeshua, and felt His hand come to rest upon my head. I was flooded with the an indescribable feeling of serenity, compassion, love, and peace unlike anything I'd experienced before.

I suppose, as a Johannine Christian Druid, I perceive Merlin as being a herald of Arthur (the Savior) or Excalibur (the symbol of The Cross) much as St. John was the herald of Master Yeshua. Thus, in my mind, the adoption of Merlin as a personal guide is very much compatible with the Gnostic goal of gnosis and oneness with the Christ consciousness. Also, if one explores the Grail legends, one finds the quest being vital to the healing of the wasteland, which is obviously a metaphor for the redemption of the soul. The Grail was the receiver of Christ's blood as I am crafting my soul to be the receiver of Christ's essence, with the ultimate goal of not only redeeming myself, but passing the Holy Eucharist thus received to the world.

Peace and Love, and Grace of Awen be with you.
Deus Lux Solis

paulnewman

#4 Postby paulnewman » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:12 am

Sir, you are thrice welcome in my company. :-)

Indeed the ways in which we come to Gnosis are many and varied - thanks for sharing your experience in the woods.

Your pattern reminds me of a practice I use called the dance of life to the four directions.

It combines movements symbolising the world tree, honouring the masculine and feminine aspects along with chanting to the four directions thrice round.

There are quite a few Druids here in Britain who use it as a greet the morning ritual.

Enjoyed your insight into IOA, too.

I suspect we shall have much to share. :-)

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

Greetings & Welcome

#5 Postby Tau Malachi » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:21 pm

Greetings and welcome brother!

Yes, indeed, our Gnostic tradition can have a deep resonance with Druidic tradition, as well as Celtic tradition; Mother Wisdom has spoken among many people.

The experience you shared is quite beautiful and uplifting - it invokes praise and thanksgiving in my heart, and is a cause for rejoicing in the the presence of Yahweh.

Such peak experiences or moments of recognition are distinct initiations or empowers from the Holy Spirit in our spiritual lives; having such an experience, integrating it, living according to the truth and light revealed in our own experience, we can transform recognition into realization, embodying that light and love of Christ. They are truly great and wonderful blessings, for our faith is confirmed in them and begins to conceive gnosis, for we have entered into something of the Gnostic experience, the enlightenment experience.

Personally I often find the most simple and straightforward practices with the presence of awareness - with focused attention and passionate cleaving, to be the most powerful and effective. When spiritual and mystical experiences transpire through them it is clear that "I" have done nothing, but the Light-presence (Messiah) and Light-power (Holy Spirit) is the doer, that it is grace that has brought about what transpired.

I cannot say how happy I am that this experience has come to pass for you, or how grateful I am for your sharing it - how wonderful! Hallelu Yah! Praise the Lord!

I will hold you in my heart and prayer, praying for the full realization of this light and love in your life.

Once again, welcome friend.

May all be blessed to know the Spiritual Sun most intimately; amen.

Blessings & shalom!
Tau Malachi
Sophia Fellowship
Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Merlin

#6 Postby Merlin » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:34 pm

Thank you sincerely, Tau Malachi, and blessings of Awen to you, to your loved ones, and to all of this forum. Special thanks to my new brother, Paulnewman, who has been most gracious in welcoming me here. May Father Heaven grant you Love, Mother Earth grant you Peace, and the Most Holy Spirit grant you Harmony and Balance.

It is my pleasure to share all those moments, the revelations they brings, and the means used to attain them. As I say, it my sincerest wish to receive the blessings, essence, and wisdom of The One Source as the Grail received the Blood of Master Yeshua and to pass these gifts, precious as they are, to those ready to recive them throughout the world. It is interesting to me how, when one becomes willing to share the gifts bestowed by God, how those in need of them seem to appear! Nothing pleases me more than teaching any bits of what I've learned to others, and I revere both Merlin and Master Yeshua in part because of Their sincere devotion to passing on the Sacred Wisdom.

I should mention that I am feeling myself drawn to the teachings of the Desert Masters as of late. The Voice which guides me has brought me to the Jesus Prayer, which I am using frequently with modifications as follows:

"Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have Mercy on me, and grant me thy strength, thy protection, thy guidance, and thy peace."

Repeating this prayer many, many times while feeling the connection with the Holy Spirit brings about a most remarkable and pervasive feeling of peace, grace, love, and compassion, which I take as the emergence and "stoking" of the Christ Presence within.

I have also been drawing much closer to the Essene teachings concerning the Father and Mother, the Angels of the Father and Mother, and the metaphor of the Mother's Angels being the roots and the Father's Angels being the branches of my own personal Tree of Life. Using that meditation in conjunction with vibration of IAO as I've described has served to strengthen my connections with Father Heaven, Mother Earth, and the Most Holy Spirit.

My work with the forest spirits and energies around my home has improved, as well. They have been giving me small gifts and tokens such as bird's feathers and colorful rocks in places where I will find them (generally on my doorstep). The woods here are greatly populated by the Dead, an interesting mix of the Neshaminy Indians (with whom I relate given our mutual reverence for the Earth) and more recently deceased individuals. I speak to them frequently (hopefully no one will brand me as delusional!) and try to help them either find happiness or let go of the world, that they may transcend this plane. My dog Woody has come to know them well, too. I do (when I feel I am not intruding) conduct a Mass of sorts in the heart of the wood, near the Neshaminy Creek (more like a river), in which I call down the blessings of the Trinity (perceived as Father, Mother, and Holy Spirit) and bless the land. Interestingly, since I began doing that, people trespass much less frequently than they used to and seem to be more careful about not leaving trash behind when they do! I also leave food for the deer and other denizens of the wood in times of Winter.

As a revivalist Druid, one of my beliefs is that the "lower forms" of Life will, through many lifetimes, evolve into men and women in their quest toward God and Gwynvyd (Heaven)....Thus, taking good care of these little brothers and sisters is a vital mission for me! I don't kill anything needlessly. It is my hope that Master Yeshua and Master Merlin (from whom I borrow my name) find this gift I give to be worthy and good.

Blessings of Awen to all....

Most sincerely,

Merlin
Deus Lux Solis

Return to “Welcome, Introductions & General Questions”