Greetings and a Beginning Question

Christopher Michael

Greetings and a Beginning Question

#1 Postby Christopher Michael » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:51 am

Hello, and thanks to you all for providing such a wonderful resource!

I have, over the past two to three years, been on a spiritual quest (for lack of a better phrase) after having been raised conservatively Christian, followed by many years of calling myself "spiritual" because I was so disillusioned by organized religion and the hatred it so often propagates.

I began studying a wide range of philosophies - Hindu, Buddhist, Wiccan, Native American, etc. - and amazingly found "the All" in all of them. Now, after a hodgepodge of study, I feel closer to my Spirit than ever before. However, I've been recently tugged - nay...pulled - toward the teachings of the Sophian Gnostic tradition. So many things have resonated with the information that I've found here and in the books of Tau Malachi - especially a spiritual connection with the Archangel Michael and a few of the Ascended Masters - and I'm eager to know more.

Would anyone have a good recommendation for methodical way to begin my studies with this work? I am aware of the online opportunities and intend to take part, but I tend to get lost when reading posts on the forum and need a more comprehensive framework to begin.

I hope that makes sense. I have a feeling a bit like someone who has arrived at a party that they are indeed supposed to be at, but doesn't know where to check the coat, get the punch, find the correct table, etc.

Many, many thanks for any direction or assistance,
Christopher Michael

sheryl
Site Admin

Re: Greetings and a Beginning Question

#2 Postby sheryl » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:34 pm

Greetings Christopher Michael!

And welcome to our online forum!

There is an abundance of information on the forum and it indeed can be daunting. I found that a good way to start is to read Tau Malachi's books. To follow the discussions on the forum it often times requires a rudimentary, at the least, understanding of the Kabbalah and Gnostic terms and concepts utilized by the tradition, which can be found in the books.

As far as studying on the forum, for myself, I tend to follow the current discussions, and then when inspired search for previous postings on a particular topic. Joining in the online Sunday and Tuesday evening chats has also been an excellent way to connect. From them, we often find ourselves inspired to pursue a particular line of study.

I was intrigued by a comment you made:

I was so disillusioned by organized religion and the hatred it so often propagates.

I began studying a wide range of philosophies - Hindu, Buddhist, Wiccan, Native American, etc. - and amazingly found "the All" in all of them

Indeed, our blindness to "the All" in and behind various religious traditions - our spiritual ignorance - breeds a hatred of others. I too came from a conservative Christian background and also had to leave upon this realization.

It is good to make your virtual acquaintance, Christopher Michael. Hollywood Hills is in my neck of the woods - I am also from Southern California.

Shalom!

Sheryl

Christopher Michael

#3 Postby Christopher Michael » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:58 pm

Thanks so much for your reply. It's nice to finally have a dialogue with others of like mind! And so close as well, how wonderful!

I must get back to my reading of The Gnosis of the Cosmic Christ. After the first couple of chapters, I sought out this community. Thanks for your insight, and I plan on going back to my reading immediately.

Blessings to you,
Christopher Michael

pat

#4 Postby pat » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:12 pm

Welcome Christopher Michael,

We have also studied Native American, Tibetan Buddhism, and Hindu traditions early on the path with Tau Malachi.
It had opened up a connection to Mother Nature and the Angels of our Earthly Mother that had been non existent for me.
There is much to be experienced through the Teachings and it can be overwhelming. Sheryl gave great suggestions.

Blessing in your journey
My other suggestion is to go at your own pace
Relax and enjoy.
pat

thingypsythief

greetings

#5 Postby thingypsythief » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:54 am

hey Christopher Micheal my name is Matt. I joined this forum a while back but haven't been that active recently but I am planning to get back into it. I have had a similar upbringing to you and Sheryl. My parents were actually missionaries and while I really respect what they have done and do I never could connect to the contemporary Christian scene. I did like you and have studied stuff from all over the place... the thing I kept finding is that no matter what the actual teachings of Yeshua are undoubtedly the best most wisest and challenging thing you can find out there in the world of The Occult- even Aliester Crowley quotes Yeshua all the time... anyway I am looking forward to getting more involved in this group- I want to take my beliefs from the armchair and book world and actually put this stuff into practice as I walk in the world... My only difficulty is I think because of my upbringing and seeing how the Church operated I have like a "healthy disrespect of dogma and authority"
And I feel the same as you: a pull from the writings of Tau Malachi...
it's a light that finds the truth in fiction and harmonizes the contradiction

Return to “Welcome, Introductions & General Questions”