Don Henley

Andy Frieler

Don Henley

#1 Postby Andy Frieler » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:32 pm

I just registered and for my first post I would like to have a little fun. You guys are from california. Do you know if Don Henley is a gnostic. If you doubt my logic, listen to "Learn to be still" on the "Hell freezes over" CD. Tell me, does it fit. :roll:

sheryl
Site Admin

Welcome

#2 Postby sheryl » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:21 pm

Welcome to our forum, Andy!

We use Gnostic in the Sophian tradition to refer to one who has acquired Gnosis or direct spiritual experiencing, but I do know what you mean - certain ideas that have become known as 'gnostic', or at least divergent from the more common religious thought, can be found in our music, as well as other artistic expression, including literature, movies, art. This often occurs whether or not the creator considers themselves gnostic.

You might find interesting the chapter in the book Gnosis of the Cosmic Christ on Netzach which speaks of the source of human artistic expression.

Shalom!

Sheryl

Andy Frieler

Don Henley

#3 Postby Andy Frieler » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:32 pm

Hi Sheryl, Thank you for indulging me with my silly questions. I brought it up because songs like that and artists like Henley and John Lennon were a big influence on me and the path that brought me to the gnostic tradition. I do believe that wisdon can come from many sources.

Return to “Welcome, Introductions & General Questions”