The Blessed Eucharist

umaara

The Blessed Eucharist

#1 Postby umaara » Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:59 pm

Greeetings family.For the past three weeks ive been attending a catholic mass to witness the Eucharist which ive alwaysed considered a beautiful ritual and concept.Theres something very Gnostic about the idear that the bread and wine is transformed into the actual body and blood of Jesus.As Gnostics what dose the mass mean for us.Could it be the blessed Eucharist is the body and blood of christos given to us as spiritual food.And is there a Eucharist in the sophian fellewship.Peace and Blessings,Umaara.

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

Wedding Feast

#2 Postby Tau Malachi » Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:17 pm

Greetings and blessings in the Light of the Messiah!

In our tradition we call the holy eucharist the "wedding feast." There are many writings on the subject in our forums. As an example, in the "Gnostic Path" forum there is a discussion "Going to the Wedding Feast," this contains many teachings about our view and practice of the eucharist. Also, in the "Gnostic Liturgy" forum I've written an example of a wedding feast ceremony. These should help provide some insight.

Here is a saying from the Gospel of Philip that might add to the contemplation:

The cup of prayer holds wine and water. It is appointed for the blood for which thanks is given. It is filled with the Holy Spirit and is of the Perfect Human. When we drink, we drink the Perfect Human (Christ).

Peace be with you!
Tau Malachi
Sophia Fellowship
Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

JeffK

John 6:53-58

#3 Postby JeffK » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:24 am

I am also reminded of the text from John 6:53-58.

53Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.

54Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

55For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.

56He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.

57As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.

58This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.

To me he is saying, eating of flesh and drinking of blood is about "dwelleth in me and I in him", union with Christ and the Holy Spirit.

Peace, Jeff

Return to “Welcome, Introductions & General Questions”