At Home

Darrel

At Home

#1 Postby Darrel » Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:13 am

Greetings:
Blessings to all!
I live in Eastern Kentucky which is a strong Orthodox Christian area. Needless to say it is not very open to anything mystical. I am lucky that my mother(very spiritual) and father (not spiritual) are opened minded people. I have went to Orthodox church a couple of times and never felt at home. I was always interested in understanding the universe and the whys rather than being content to follow and exist. My mother encouraged me to go to the library and search out books on Shamanisn, Mysticism, Magic and the Occult. Due to the area we live in our libraries do not house such books. This diappointed me and my mother. In 1993 we purchased our first internet ready computer. When I came home from school one day, to my surprise I found a many book of printed off papers from the internet. They covered everything from Kabbalah, Gnosticsm, OBOD Druidry, Magic, Golden Dawn, Hermetic's, and Shamanism. Since that moment when I was 14 getting ready to turn 15 years old Mysticism and Magic has engulfed my being. In 1999 after studying Hermetic Kabbalah since 1993. I enrolled in the OBOD Druidry Bard course because I have always been drawn to nature. I pray in nature and perform most of my rituals in nature when possible. Needless to say I have always naturally blended Ceremonial Magic and Shamanism together in a extremely well functioning system. Until recently upon discovering this website and the books it is based off of I always thought I was rather strange for doing it. It is nice to see other people that believe the same way I do.
Shalom and Blessings,
Darrel

Return to “Welcome, Introductions & General Questions”