Greetings from Utah

Meg

Greetings from Utah

#1 Postby Meg » Sat May 21, 2011 8:31 am

Feel it's time to introduce myself, I'm Alta and I just finished the 5th book of Tau Malachi and I am truly excited and humbled to be here. I come from a large, devote Roamn Catholic family and have struggled for decades with this church. First got introduced to the Kabbalah and the Tarot back at the University of Utah, decades ago from a fellow dance major. Never really embraced it for long and instead got involved in the TM, Transendental Meditation program in SLC for a few years. That fell-off and I continued searching, studying various mostly eastern religions. Then I started reading Gnostic material, Pagels, Hoeller, etc and then came across Tau Malachi. At the same time I broke my arm quite seriously and after surgery was laid up and began an intensive period of study, meditation and contemplation.

I just recently joined the online chat forum and find it very beneficial and interesting. Being a "newbie" make me humble, nervous and self-conscious. Wanting to actively participate in discussion but responding slowly, incompletely, and anxiously. None the less, I know, hopefully, this will change. I'm praying for eloquence and guidance from the Spirit and you all. I've been searching a long time and feel I'm on my way...I'm really excited about the Sophian Tradition!

Shalom and Blessings
Alta

Elder Gideon
Site Admin

Welcome Alta!

#2 Postby Elder Gideon » Sat May 21, 2011 10:06 am

Greetings Alta!

It is a delight always to meet round folks who don't quite fit square holes! ;)

While this forum continues growing and deepening, I invite you and any newcomer to first and foremost have fun! The Holy Spirit will move much more insight by your joy and discovery. There's a search function at top which I'm using all the time for specific questions or topics, many of which are thoroughly addressed. See the button?

There are also two times a week where I and Elder Sarah+ lead real-time, online group mentoring. This will connect you with our extended community who will certainly enjoy your company when that time for you feels right. I've posted a link for more info:

http://www.sophian.org/chat%20room%20portal.html

You might also consider listening to discourses given by Tau Malachi with q & a from companions:

http://www.sophian.org/audio%20streams.html

I'm looking forward to meeting you! Enjoy!

Elder Gideon+

sheryl
Site Admin

Welcome!

#3 Postby sheryl » Sun May 29, 2011 2:01 pm

Shabbat Shalom, Alta!

It is wonderful to officially welcome you to our online community.

I believe you have already joined with us on Tuesday evenings, and please feel welcome to join with us on skype - our audio online chat, this evening or any Sunday evening.

Blessings!

Sheryl

Meg

Thanks for Greetings!

#4 Postby Meg » Mon May 30, 2011 11:51 am

Thank you Sheryl and Elder Gideon for you greetings and your presence! I hope to participate in the online mentoring, the Forum and discussions are just wonderful, I do feel blessed. I'm praying to the Grace to continue on this path.

Shalom and Blessings,
Alta

Return to “Welcome, Introductions & General Questions”