Greetings...

Tom.S

Greetings...

#1 Postby Tom.S » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:44 pm

Hello all,

My name is Tom and it's a pleasure to be here. I was recently chatting to somebody from another forum who thought I might be interested in The Sophian Fellowship. I ordered Tau Malachi's book "Living Gnosis" which arrived last week, and I've been reading my way through it. So far, everything in the book has been resonating with me and has been confirming what I've been learning from my spiritual teacher (who is a Gnostic instructor-not affiliated with The Sophian Fellowship).

I became a Christian about 18 months ago after having a mystical encounter with Christ and after that I tried going to various Churches, only to become quickly put off by organised religion (for various reasons), and I'm now seeking an alternative path to walk-There's many reasons I'm attracted to Gnosticism, including but not limited to the fact that in Gnosticism the female side of deity is recognised and revered, Yeshua the Messiah is thought to have had a Mother and Father in the flesh and the fact that Gnosticism is accepting of all belief systems.

Essentially, I am still quite new to spirituality in the sense that I am not yet an awakened being-I have occasional insights into a greater reality but essentially I'm still in the process of researching various systems and working out what I believe in.

I joined this forum because, like I said, everything I've read so far in "Living Gnosis" has resonated as truth to me and I wanted a space to ask questions to and learn from people with similar interests to mine. I look forward to getting to know some of you.

Peace,

Tom.

BrandonLw

Greetings!

#2 Postby BrandonLw » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:00 pm

Welcome Tom,

I too found myself drawn to the Sophian tradition after reading Living Gnosis. I can recall very vividly the transformative Summer I read that book, its passages were like fire. Before my encounter with Living Gnosis and the Sophian Tradition, I was unaffiliated with any tradition and had very little background with mystical practices and study. Since then, I have found the Sophian community to be an amazing resource for my exploration and development on the path of faith and gnosis. Community is strengthened by all its members, each Sophian is unique in their offering and ways. Enjoy your exploration of the Living Gnosis and the forum. We here are delighted to correspond on teachings and welcome all who seek.

-Brandon

Tom.S

#3 Postby Tom.S » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:36 pm

Hi Brandon and thank you for your warm welcome :)

I really feel like I discovered "Living Gnosis" at just the right time, as Tau Malachi has managed to put many of my thoughts into writing-I'm finding that slowly reading my way through it is having a very positive, healing effect on my spirit and it's good to know this community exists. I will no doubt be posting more as I read more.

Peace,

Tom.

Yonah

#4 Postby Yonah » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:06 am

Welcome Tom.

When I found the Sophian teachings back about 10 years ago.. I felt like I had come home. Glad to see that you are having a similar experience.

Shalom, Yonah
Shalom,
Yonah
EPS Columbus Gathering

Return to “Welcome, Introductions & General Questions”