Looking for a Spiritual Mentor

Wadegirl

Looking for a Spiritual Mentor

#1 Postby Wadegirl » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:47 pm

My name is Christian and I'm back. I'm still making my way through the Gospel of Thomas and there are so many things in there that I saw in the canonical Gospels. However, Thomas puts these sayings in such a light and Tau Malachi puts them in such a way that I almost always start to amack myself in the head. I am looking for a spiritual home among the Gnostic tradition. I was going to try a Gnostic Pagan school but they were closed; I am also reading a book on Gnostic Christian practices and had been having a hard time putting it down (also by Tau Malachi). If anyone can help me, I would appreciate it very much. I will probably have a ton of questions and I may question different things that I will read. Please be patient with me and know that I have a naturally inquisitive mind.

Thank you,

Christian
In Love and Reason,

Christian

JamesNielsen570

#2 Postby JamesNielsen570 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:31 am

:arrow:
Last edited by JamesNielsen570 on Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

mentoring

#3 Postby Tau Malachi » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:37 pm

Greetings, and welcome back Christian!

Our primary way of mentoring our spiritual friends living at a distance is via our online discourses lead by Elder Sarah and Elder Gideon - if you look above in this forum you will see a topic sharing information about these online discussions. Participation in these discussions is a good place to begin. Also, questions can be posted and explored in corresponding forums, allowing members of our online community to share their insights and knowledge. The "Gnosis and Gnosticism" forum, and the "Gnostic Path" forum, can be good places for general questions about our teachings and practices, for example.

We do have gnostic deacons who take up one-to-one mentoring, but only after we get more acquainted with a person and they have been an active participant on our online community for some time.

Shalom!
Tau Malachi
Sophia Fellowship
Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Wadegirl

#4 Postby Wadegirl » Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:09 pm

Dear Tau Malachi,

Thank you for your response. I will check out those topics and post any questions I come up with. I noticed you have a chat room set up but I'm usually at work during the time set aside and I don't have capabililty for Skype. Thank you for getting with me.
In Love and Reason,

Christian

Return to “Welcome, Introductions & General Questions”