Hello

turkeyman

Hello

#1 Postby turkeyman » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:57 pm

I just want to tell the community a little about me. First of all I would like to say that I have always been more inclined to the spiritual side of religion. I have grown to believe that God wants us to seek a personal and ongoing relationship with him. That is the only way to true salvation

I believe that it is impossible for anyone to tell another the correct way to have a relationship with God. My grandmother, whom died on 9/2/2011 at the young age of 93. I am lucky to have had her for 42 years of my life. She had a personal relationship with God. I am grateful for her continued love and support right up to her death. She was mentally very sharp up until she died. I think that her realationship with God help her when she new her time may be getter near. She died in her sleep as she had prayed for. She never had to be in a nursing home. She was able to stay in her house on the family home place until about 2 weeks before her death. She was in a rehab facility when she passed. I miss her but I know she is in a better place.

I have been through some things in the last couple of years. Me and my wife seperated. I got depressed and I got arrested for 3 dwi's in the period of a year. I have been to rehab for alcohol. I lost my job as a probation officer. I was not as good a father as I should have been. Going to rehab did not turn me to religion. I have always believed but I think rehab helped me get back to what I know. I have always been of the mindset that you need to have a personal relationship with God. I have always thought that the study of all of God's word, the Bible and other noncanonical text such as the Gospel of Thomas, and prayer you could learn your place in this wonderful life. Knowledge of God in a personal way will show you where you should go in your life. I hope that this makes sense and I am understand what I have written.

EyshVeMayim

Shalom Ve Bracha

#2 Postby EyshVeMayim » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:42 pm

Brother,
I understand where you are coming from. If you are interested drop me a private message and we can talk more.
Shalom Ve Bracha,
Eysh Ve Mayim

sheryl
Site Admin

Greetings!

#3 Postby sheryl » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:41 am

Greetings Turkeyman!

Welcome to our online community. This world can be rather harsh at times. I pray you find peace.

Sheryl

pat

Turkeyman

#4 Postby pat » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:38 pm

Welcome Turkeyman to our On- Line- Community
and thank you for sharing your experiences in your life.

Sounds like your grandmother' life was a blessing and inspiration to you:)
How beautiful to extend the light in this way.

We just talk about Teshuva, Confession and Repentance on Tuesday Night's Chat.
This is what stood out to me. First we walk in the world unconsciously and in ignorance of True Being, Who we truly are.

This is the way it is here. Then we feel there is something more and a deeper connection to be made with our soul light and the Holy One of Being.

Praise god for all our experiences, dark and light for as the light is shed on our own shades and shadows,it purifies and clarifies our intentions.

Confession is speaking, admiting to someone or to holy one and REPENTANCE is making the space for our redirection in life, making space to bring god closer into our life.

"Behold Iam making all things new"

Now in this space created, we are harmonized and aligned with the Holy One of Being ,walking as conscious agents in the world.
A better Resurrection.

Blessings and Shalom

Pat

Return to “Welcome, Introductions & General Questions”