Shalom

yanur

Shalom

#1 Postby yanur » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:28 am

Shalom....

It is amazing to me that I have found this path. It is as if I have believed in it for decades, but had not found the names for what I was believing. I didn't believe there was a path that is so much like mine. I am in awe.

I am a 50 year old woman living in New England. I share my house with a soul mate and 5 furry kids (2 dogs, 2 cats and a guinea pig).

The Light has been part of my spirituality since my mother died many years ago. I have been searching and exploring for many years. I remember reading some Gnostic texts many years ago and thinking how beautiful. Yet it made no sense to me. Now I see all these years of exploring were leading me back again to Gnosticism, but now I have the ability to see what I couldn't see before. The language is still unfamiliar, but it is like I understand the parts of it that are beyond language.

So I thank my Beloved for bringing me here.

Looking forward to participating and learning.

Love and Light

Anna

#2 Postby Anna » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:41 am

Welcome, Yanur, and blessings in the Light of the Risen Messiah!
I, too, found this path in mid-life, receiving my first initiation at age 50. It seems to be a wondrous time of life for spiritual discovery! May you be blessed in the name of Adonai Messiah on your journey and know that there is a spiritual family here for sincere aspirants on the path!
Shalom!
Anna

yanur

finding the Way

#3 Postby yanur » Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:01 pm

Shalom,

Small world. My sister spent yesterday in Fredericksburg. She lives in Virginia.

It feels for me as though I have been searching, but until I found this place on the internet, I was unable to find my way back home. And now here I am. Its as if I knew there was a secret someone was trying to tell me and when I got here, I could knew what it was.

I like to write free-flow poetry. This feels like the time for one:

Deeper than the most faraway place,
I have traveled all this way
just to have this faith.
No train could find this.
Inside the inside of all that is,
the Light became my guide.
Sophia says, "Here is the One
you seek, the One sought by the lovers
who desire more than anything on earth
to drink wine with the wise."
The hymns are never what they seem to be.
Nothing is disguised. You aren't seeing,
but The Lord will restore your sight.
Once the eyes open, we find what was there
just waiting for us to wake up.
"Fill your cup," You say.
The soul is not thirsty nor dreaming your dream,
it is singing with angels and prostrating
to the One you forget you see.

Love,
Nur

Susan

The Change

#4 Postby Susan » Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:38 pm

Greetings and welcome Yanur!

Yes, there are quite a few of us who have come upon the Sophian tradition in our middle years, the years of our climacteric or change. The word menopause is only a relatively new term, being introduced by a medical practitioner in 1899 in relation to states of mental instability; what a non surprise, who could have guessed?!

What I do appreciate so much here though is the beauty and meaningfulness of the matching of these terms with this incredibly powerful time within a woman's life. The Change, how true! The Climacteric, taken from the Greek klimacter meaning "critical time", again how spot-on the mark is that! All the more so when we consider how many of us have been led to the Sophian tradition during these very years.

For me this gives rise to a new understanding or extension of the meaning of the term Second Coming, both at the personal level and also at the greater worldly or collective level. There is a lot of stored-up, potential power that comes to us in these female middle years, great life-changing energy for rebirth and spiritual evolution and so, like yourself and Sister Anna, I am eternally grateful to the Mother of All Things for the flow in Her Spirit that has brought us all here to this sacred space, this community of Sophians.

Blessings and shalom,
Susan

yanur

how beautiful

#5 Postby yanur » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:29 am

Shalom Aleichem

How beautiful that so many of us have found this path at this time in our lives. I am reading St. Mary Magdalene (the book Tau Malachi wrote) and I do sense this is like an initiation into a mystery one can only know when within the crone years. Amazingly, for me.

Blessed Be!
Yanur

Return to “Welcome, Introductions & General Questions”