marking the beginning...

yanur

marking the beginning...

#1 Postby yanur » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:38 pm

Shalom Aleichem!

I would like a ritual, something Sophian or inspired by gnosticism, to help me mark the beginning of this journey. It seems so beautiful that all this is happening around Christmas. Is there a certain way I might celebrate, honor and give thanks?

There is also another special event in my life related to my life as a Sufi. I would like to include it in the celebration because I sense all this is connected.

Any thoughts on how I can do this would be deeply appreciated.

Blessed Be!
YaNur

sheryl
Site Admin

Initiations and Empowerments

#2 Postby sheryl » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:58 am

Shalom Dear yanur!

This week, in conjunction with the winter solstice in the northern hemisphere,, we will be celebrating the Feast of Mother and Child. Sophia Fellowship, and any others at a distance who wish to join in spirit, will be celebrating Friday evening.

The Feast of Mother and Child is a celebration of new birth, the beginning of a new solar year, marking new beginnings, and is an auspicious time to approach the Mother with our heart wishes for the new year, and receive blessings of empowerment. This is something we each can do in our own private ritual or with a Circle if we are able to be with one.

You can read more about the Feast of Mother and Child on the forum, using the search function.

Also, in the forum for the Order of St. Mary Magdalene, there is a ritual of self-initiation, if you feel inclined to follow this path. Here is the link.

Perhaps this will provide you will a place to begin in your seeking!

May all who hunger for you, God Most High, and your Righteousness, find empowerments and blessings. Amen

Shalom!

Sheryl

yanur

Re: Initiations and Empowerments

#3 Postby yanur » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:13 pm

Shalom!

Oh, yes! This is something I definitely am interested in. Is there a Skype session for the Feast of Mother and Child or is it something I would do perhaps at my altar?

I wonder if there is anywhere I can get an image of Lady Mary Magdalene to put on my altar. I found a prayer card in a Catholic store. This way I can begin having time at my altar for contemplation and prayer.

I have not had the chance to look up the self-initiation, but it feels at this time like I will probably make it part of the Feast of the Mother and Child.

As I read from St. Mary Magdalene (Tau Malachi's book), I realized that Mary was called to the Light and set free from those who held their grip on her...just as I feel I am coming into this after a time where I was overcome by wounds which needed inner healing.

And here I am... Thank You for this Gift. May my gifts over the next few days bring pleasure to those who have led me to this path.

Huuuu!
Nur

sheryl wrote:Shalom Dear yanur!

This week, in conjunction with the winter solstice in the northern hemisphere,, we will be celebrating the Feast of Mother and Child. Sophia Fellowship, and any others at a distance who wish to join in spirit, will be celebrating Friday evening.

The Feast of Mother and Child is a celebration of new birth, the beginning of a new solar year, marking new beginnings, and is an auspicious time to approach the Mother with our heart wishes for the new year, and receive blessings of empowerment. This is something we each can do in our own private ritual or with a Circle if we are able to be with one.

You can read more about the Feast of Mother and Child on the forum, using the search function.

Also, in the forum for the Order of St. Mary Magdalene, there is a ritual of self-initiation, if you feel inclined to follow this path. Here is the link.

Perhaps this will provide you will a place to begin in your seeking!

May all who hunger for you, God Most High, and your Righteousness, find empowerments and blessings. Amen

Shalom!

Sheryl

sheryl
Site Admin

Images of Mary Magdalene

#4 Postby sheryl » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:26 pm

Shalom yanur!

Greetings in the light of Kallah Messiah!

Images of Mary Magdalene can be found on our new website. Just click on home above. There are several images on the first page - scroll down to the bottom along side the links to our Study Groups.

A new image, which I am finding delightful to contemplate, is found here, where one can order a download of the newly created audio of the secret teachings of Mary.

As a talisman of our devotion, we can use any image that speaks to us.

During the upcoming feast, and for all feasts, if we do not live near a circle, we can join in a private ritual at our own altar, perhaps incorporating something of the Holy Mother and Child partzuf meditation found on our website under foundational practices. This practice can be found at this link.

May all dwelling in darkness be blessed with light.

Shalom!
Sheryl

Return to “Welcome, Introductions & General Questions”