Ya-Ma-Ma-Ya Ah-La

yanur

Ya-Ma-Ma-Ya Ah-La

#1 Postby yanur » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:32 am

Shalom...

I read about chanting Ya-Ma-Ma-Ya Ah-La at the following: http://sophian.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1540

What is the meaning of the mantra and what power does it hold?

With Love,
YaNur

Elder Gideon
Site Admin

Imma El

#2 Postby Elder Gideon » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:02 pm

Greetings Annie!

I clicked on the link and did not find the chant of which you were inquiring, Ya-Ma-Ma-Ya Ah-La, but I do see seed syllables I recognize for two Hebrew words for Mother, Imma, and Loving-Kindness, El.

The letters for 'Imma' in Hebrew is made into a chant by adding the vowel sound 'ah', which in our lineage is the seed sound of the Father: Ya-Ma-Ma-Ya.

The letters for the Divine name El, God as Mercy or Loving Kindness, are likewise made into a chant using the vowel sounds for 'ah': Ah-La.

Together, I'm hearing in this chant an invocation of the Loving Kindness of the Mother for oneself, another, or all the people and land.

Beautiful!

Elder Gideon+

yanur

Ya-Ma-Ma-Ya Ah-La

#3 Postby yanur » Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:31 pm

Shalom! Thank you for your help, Elder Gideon. Being a devotee of the Mother and also Sufi, this is such a beautiful one for me to chant. Hearing the Loving-Kindness in it and the Love of Mother is what a sense as I chant it within today. I do want to make sure this is ok to chant since I don't know much Hebrew or Aramaic.

Huuuu...
Thank you again.
May all be blessed by Mother and Loving-Kindness
Ya Nur

Return to “Welcome, Introductions & General Questions”