Bible

Cyd

Bible

#1 Postby Cyd » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:11 am

I have a Question about the bible what Translation does the Sophian Trad
use? Have read most Psalms though for Hoodoo work I have a Urge to read more of the Bible also is there a certain place suggested to start at in the Bible Versus and Such ?

Cyd

#2 Postby Cyd » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:15 am

I just want to add also.
have been practicing Primordial Meditation and the Kabalistic Cross Daily
They are like Morning Coffee very great way to start the Day

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

Greetings, and welcome!

#3 Postby Tau Malachi » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:58 am

Greetings and welcome, it is good to see you here!

I enjoy the New Revised Standard translation of the Bible, but there are many translations that are good. In our lineage initiates will select the translation they are inclined to, or feel a resonance with, so we have no dogma concerning which translation should be used - whichever one speaks to you and helps with understanding is good.

In early study and contemplation of the Scriptures, the Gospel of St. John can be a nice beginning, coupled with the Sermon on the mount in the Gospel of St. Matthew, chapters 5-7. We also study esoteric Scriptures that are not included in the Bible, such as the Gospel of St. Thomas, Gospel of Truth and Gospel of St. Philip. In fact we have a book with commentary of Thomas, "The Gnostic Gospel of St. Thomas: Meditations on the Mystical Teachings" that might interest you. It is the first book we published based upon writings I did for companions during a Wednesday evening study of the gospel in 2001-2002.

Along with the Bible you might also want a copy of "The Gnostic Bible," or a copy of "The Nag Hammadi Library," which will provide some of the more esoteric Scriptures, or Gnostic Scriptures that we use.

Joined with John and Matthew, Thomas is also good for early study and contemplation;using our book with commentary on the sayings of Thomas you can study a saying and a teaching each day, which can be a wonderful practice generating deeper insight into Christ.

Peace be with you!
Tau Malachi
Sophia Fellowship
Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Cyd

#4 Postby Cyd » Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:37 pm

Thank You Tau

I will be working on getting some of these for study

thank you and Blessings

Yonah

#5 Postby Yonah » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:48 am

Greetings!

Just wanted to add something... I agree completely with Tau Malachi's comment about picking the one you resonate with, but many seminarys prefer the New Revised Standard Edition because they believe it is closer to the original based on using more recently found manuscripts that are older than some other translations utilize.

I alternate between NSRV and NIV.

Shalom, Yonah
Shalom,
Yonah
EPS Columbus Gathering

Return to “Welcome, Introductions & General Questions”