Greetings

BrandonLw

Re: Greetings

#1 Postby BrandonLw » Fri May 10, 2013 6:24 am

Greetings Aaron,

It sounds as if you have a rich background in various spiritual explorations. Good of you to join the forum and post! With web access and the books, there are a few very meaningful ways to explore the tradition further. As you are inclined, read and post on the forum, listen to the Shabbat discourse from the main home page, and consider joining the chat room to see how this tradition fits in with your exploration. The audio discourse is a great way to begin tapping into "what's happening now" within the Sophian tradition.

Enjoy!

-Brandon

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#2 Postby Tau Malachi » Fri May 10, 2013 8:19 am

Greetings and blessings Aaron - It is good to see you here!

Well, our lineage isn't all that "secret" these days, and what we would mean by secret isn't quite how it is often use. It simply means that our teachings and practices were shared among small, private groups of people who felt called to the mystical journey, or a spirituality of direct experience. Back in the day initiates of our tradition avoided catching the attention of others because alternative forms of spirituality were not so easily accepted. Although we have an internet community, here in our circle in Grass Valley we continue to work in a similar way, I share the teachings in person with a small, private group of spiritual companions, and those who come to visit from time to time.

We are actually oriented more to the present, looking towards the future, than the past, and focus on direct spiritual and mystical experience, and a path of self-realization in Christ; hence, we focus on an ongoing revelation of teachings and practices, and, if you will, a worship of God in spirit and truth.

I look forward to the exchanges of sparks that might transpire with your participation.

Shalom,
Malachi
Tau Malachi
Sophia Fellowship
Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#3 Postby Tau Malachi » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:05 pm

Shalom,

If you look into the Order of St. Uriel forum and our writings on the Art of Solomon you will find that we have our own way with wonderworking, divine theurgy, or "magic." In general, initiates of our lineage take up our teachings and practices of such things, because they form an integral vehicle for self-realization joined with the larger body of teachings.

There are, though, many individuals that are not initiates of our lineage who draw from our teachings and practices, as well as those of others traditions and esoteric orders, weaving them together. There is certainly nothing to prevent an person from doing so, all as they are inclined.

The term Gnostic Christian, of course, is not isolate to our lineage and tradition, so what Gnostic Christians believe and do covers a broad range. There are groups or communities that work in a very different way than we do, integrating various influences of Western Esotericism, as well as Eastern Wisdom.

I wish you well in your journey.

Blessings!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#4 Postby Tau Malachi » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:37 am

Shalom,

Thank you for your kind words.

The teachings given in "Gnosis of the Cosmic Christ" correspond with the first cycle of foundation studies in our lineage. They are drawn both from the oral tradition I received from Tau Elijah, my beloved tzaddik, along with my own experience in the journey, various inner "heart tzaddikim," and study and contemplation of source works, such as the Sefer Yetzirah, Bahir and Zohar, joined with Scripture. The Kabbalah of our linage has strong roots in the Judaic Kabbalah, but views the Kabbalah from Christian perspective, or an experience of Messianic Consciousness; hence, knowledge of Christ.

In traditional circles of our lineage study and contemplation of the Zohar is common, and the weekly meetings of the inner circle are discourses on the Zohar. So, basically, we are a lineage of Christian Kabbalistis, or Mekubalim.

In our view, "Jesus," Yeshua, was a Jewish rabbi and mystic, or prophet, and in the revelation of the Messiah if he shared inner and secret teachings with his disciples, then they would have been founded upon Merkavah Mysticism or the Kabbalah, and therefore we contemplate the mysteries of the Torah and Gospel, and the Holy Kabbalah.

The name "Sophian," and the name of our outer branch, "Ecclesia Pistis Sophia," are only meant to indicate our strong focus on the Divine and Sacred Feminine (Shekinah) to those unfamilar with our tradition, to initiates of our lineage, however, we are simply spiritual and mystical Christians, followers of the Way, and one might say we are Messianic Hasidim.

We are a small lineage and tradition, and even smaller before our books were published and we built an online community, because before the books we were a completely oral tradition, and our circle was found by word of mouth.

Blessings!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Elder Gideon
Site Admin

Three and Four

#5 Postby Elder Gideon » Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:32 am

Shalom Stein!

Your perception of the threefold sanctuary, both in the chapter on Tiferet and Hesed, correlates closely with the Three Jewels of Buddhist Tradition. "Going for refuge" is something to which we also cleave. A post on this is in this link. viewtopic.php?f=24&t=2864&p=12043

The four primary ways of union with the Divine are also inseparable from the Archangels of Sacred Circle. In our Board Index up top at the upper left corner, you'll see looking over all forums, how there are orders. To the Way of Knowledge is attributed Archangel Tzafkiel, yet the healing of mind and discernment of the non-dual is also attributed to the Way of Healing--the Order of St. Rafael (East). The Way of Power is attributed to our Templar mysticism--the Order of St. Michael (South). The Way of Devotion is attributed to our prophetic and dreamworking mysticism--the Order of St. Gabriel (West). The Way of Works is attributed to our wonderworking and shamanic mysticism--the Order of St. Uriel (North). The Way of the Weave incorporates all four of these in various depths, corresponding the center of the Sacred Circle. As Ma wills, all of these Orders in their respective forum will become polished publications in Her time.

Welcome to our community! Perhaps we'll meet you someday in chat! :)

Elder Gideon

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#6 Postby Tau Malachi » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:22 am

Shalom,

There is a Primordial Tradition within and behind all wisdom traditions and lineages of Light Transmission - or lineages teaching a path to actual self-realization or enlightenment, and we find echos of this, expressions of this, throughout them. Likewise, in the experience of higher, more expanded states of consciousness, and realization, there is the recognition and knowledge of universal truths or principles of consciousness and the reality of our experience. There is no doubt that there has been, and continues to be, an influence and exchange of sparks between various streams of wisdom, or Light Transmission, but the body of teachings of each is founded on revelation and realization, direct experience of Divine or Enlightened Being, or the "Truth and Light."

We may also say this, that the souls of many spiritual adepts and masters incarnate and take up the Great Work over the ages in a number of different traditions and lineage, and that there is a Universal Order of holy and enlightened ones within and behind them all, even within and behind wisdom traditions in other world-systems beyond our world. When these holy ones incarnate, and embody their realization, naturally they will carry the wisdom, understanding and knowledge they have acquired through previous incarnations, the "gnosis," if you will, of the inner and transcendent aspects of their soul. This, too, will be reflected in their teachings and revelations.

There is one source of all - the Infinite One, so it is not surprising that we see this.

If our aim is an actual self-realization or enlightenment, or swift progress in a conscious evolution, a focus upon a single vehicle is wise - we just need one "boat" to get to the "other shore," and too many may become a distraction, or keep us only on the surface and not allow us to venture into the depths and beyond. Once on the "other shore," though, as has been said in Buddhism, then we can get out of the "boat," and we will have the knowledge, the realization, of them all - the "other shore," enlightenment and liberation, or unification with the Infinite One. Thus, it is very important we do not forget the purpose, the intention, of these various vehicles; hence, the journey on the Path of Return, the Ascension, or Enlightenment. Today, in an "information age," many lose sight of this, and confuse information with knowledge (or realization), and do not progress very far in the journey. Today this is a very significant barrier or obstruction to actual realization or enlightenment in the West.

It is good to know there is once source, or Universal Truth, for that brings love and compassion, and the appreciation of the various traditions, breaking down religious fundamentalism and intolerance, which is a great ignorance or evil in the collective consciousness; but, being aware there is a Universal Truth, through one way or another, one vehicle or another, we want to realize, and embody, that Truth and Light.

Ultimately, though, it's not about the vehicle, but rather it's about the journey and the awakening of the mind, consciousness or soul that transpires through it.

Blessings!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Anna

#7 Postby Anna » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:41 am

Blessings and greetings to you, Aaron!

I am glad you are enjoying Tau Malachi's book and this Forum.

I can share that my own experience of Enochian workings over several years' time was quite dark in comparison to the Light Presence and Light Power I now experience on the Sophian Path. I found Enochian to be fascinating--in surface consciousness-- but in the end, it turned out to be a very flat and dead-end maze leading more and more deeply into ego rather than leading me closer to God and who I am in God. So I finally dropped it and continued my search for a true path of illumination. Thank God for the Light that will never be overcome!

There is actually further discussion of this issue in this thread:
http://www.sophian.org/forum/viewtopic. ... hian#p6202

I have to say that my experiences of the energies of Enochian very much accord with the comments made by Tau in that thread. Perhaps this will be of some help in answering your question.

May all beings be guided into their hearts' desire, the fulfillment awaiting them in Messiah!
Shalom!
Anna

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#8 Postby Tau Malachi » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:34 am

Greetings and blessings in the Holy Light of the Messiah!

Yes, indeed, when many in the human collective focus their thoughts and emotions, and the play of their desire and fear on something, they are weaving, creating, formations in the astral, and they are invoking and joining themselves to corresponding spiritual forces, divine, archonic and demonic. This is true whether individuals are conscious of it or not, although when conscious, because of the concentration of the force of thought and desire, and the consistency of what is invoked and envisioned, this creative power increases. Thus, as souls awaken, and actualize and realize the divine power that is in them, they naturally have a greater capacity as a co-creator of what transpires in heaven and on earth. We see this with holy men and women, or realized individuals, and the wonders they are able to perform, and so also with sorcerers, and their arts. In this we may understand that this great power that is in us can be used for good or evil, and to create or destroy, uplift or cast down.

The difficulty in this world, because of the darkness, the ignorance, that rules it, is that most human beings are unconsciousness of the great power that is in them, and they are bound up in the illusion of separation and the ego, in self-grasping, desire and fear, and do not know what they are doing. In effect, they are asleep and dreaming, and unaware that they are dreaming, and plagued with negativity, the dreams they are weaving are strange and fitful, and often are filled with shades and shadows – they are often nightmarish. God help us!

The truth of the Apocalypse (Revelation) is really very simple. If there is an influx of spiritual and psychic power, and a radical acceleration of consciousness, whom will that force serve, what will humankind do with it? Given the present darkness, ignorance, that rules the world, the collective human consciousness, there would naturally be a tendency towards violence, conflict, in lust and greed, and great negativity; hence, the vision recounted in the Book of Apocalypse.

Of course, the purpose of the Book of Apocalypse is not a prophecy of doom and gloom, but rather to teach us about the great power that is in us, and to teaches us that through our thoughts, and our desires and fears, we invoke and unite with spiritual forces, and to teach us that we have a choice as co-creators, and co-redeemers, regarding how we live, the reality we weave, and who, or what, we serve, God or “Satan,” enlightenment or ignorance.

Will we use the intelligence and power that is in us to return to God, or for the sake of enlightenment, and experience the peace and joy, and fulfillment in this, or will we continue in the unenlightened condition, the ignorance, and continue to create immeasurable sorrow and suffering, and the lack of fulfillment that comes with it? It really is this simple, but apparently for many of us it is not, for we are bound up in the ignorance, the forgetfulness of our source, and the Sacred Unity underlying all – we are bound up in a delusion of lack, an illusion of separation, and so we perpetuate suffering, or “sin and death.”

This begins to answer the question regarding the discernment of spiritual teachings and practices, and what is good and what is not good. Do the teachings and practices lead us in a return to God, or facilitate the enlightenment experience, or not? If, in fact they do, then they are good and beneficial, and if they do not, then they are not good and not beneficial. Likewise, in our spiritual practice, who do we serve, is it God, or enlightenment, and a desire to be of service or benefit to others, or is it our ego, and our own self-interests, our own self-glorification and petty desires?

If we look into much of occultism, and such things as ceremonial magick in the way it is often taught, while speaking about “self-realization” and the acquisition of knowledge and power, in general, it is typically in a desire for oneself alone, there is little love and compassion in it, and basically speaking its about self-glorification, the bolstering of the ego, and fulfilling ones own desires, not the glorification of God, or enlightenment, nor uplifting others in return to God, or facilitating their enlightenment. Thus, much of occultism and esotericism in the West perpetuates the same old ignorance, the illusion of separation, and the continuation of the bondage of souls, and it is a terrible plight, because most seekers are unaware of this, and are deceived by it, believing that they are on the path to actual self-realization or enlightenment, when in fact it is virtually the opposite.

If we remain in the ego, in the desire to receive for oneself alone, and in self-cherishing, attachment and aversion, if we use powerful means to invoke spirits and “angels,” what kind of spirits, and what kind of “angels,” will come and join with us? Remember, there are spirits of righteousness, and there are unclean and evil spirits, and there are angels of God, and there are angels of archons and angels that are demons – there are all manner of spiritual beings-forces, and what we invoke, or attract, will correspond with our intention, and with the level of energy and vibration in our consciousness.

I’ve written elsewhere on “Enochian Magic,” as Anna has pointed out, but I will use John Dee and Sir Edward Kelly as an example. Were these two individuals realized or enlightened beings, were they holy ones, or men of God? If you read “Action with Ye Spirits,” and other original texts, the “angels” invoked were constantly lying to them and deceiving them. Were those angels of God, or spirits teaching the path to enlightenment and liberation? If not, why would I want to take up the system of magic – sorcery, that they developed and taught? If it does not lead souls in return to God, or facilitate the enlightenment and liberation of souls, I have no use for it.

I did explore such things in my youth, wishing to know and understand through direct experience, and in contrast to the inner tzaddikim and angelic tzaddikim I was familiar with from my continuum of prayer and meditation, and communion, that I learned in the lineage, in the Kabbalah, the spirits and “angels” invoked were not from God, the True Light, or the Holy Sefirot, but rather they were spiritual forces of the klippot, shades and shadows, or impure emanations of the false lights. There was really no comparison and I did not find much attraction to those spiritual forces.

If you look into our teachings on wonderworking, or “magic,” for will find that it is founded upon the cultivation of faith and love, and a continuum of prayer and meditation, and the worship of God in spirit and truth – living the Gospel. Generally speaking, everything we need we receive through prayer and meditation, and communion with the Infinite One, so when we engage wonderworking it is in service to others, spiritual assistance for others, and our intention is to bolster the faith of others, and to glorify God, and to inspire others to return to God, or seek enlightenment. When we invoke spirits and angels we wish to bless them and extend the Holy Light to them, and wish to draw them into the service of the kingdom of heaven and God, and so uplift them in return to God as well. Thus, in a manner of speaking, wonderworking, or magic, to us is an “energetic preaching of the Gospel” – active compassion seeking to enlighten spirits and souls; and through it we refine and strengthen our realization of oneness.

It is all about the motivation, or intention, within and behind a spiritual practice.

Now there is something more to be said concerning spiritual practices. When spiritual practices are generated from actual realization or enlightenment, or from experiences of nearness and unification with the Divine, or from the experience of revelations of the Divine, the spiritual power of the realization or revelation is in that spiritual practice – the practice itself is a blessing and empowerment to enter into something of that same experience, and therefore, taking it up in faith and devotion we receive that blessing and empowerment from the Spirit of Truth, the Spirit of God, as well as from the holy one or realized individual who created or revealed the practice, and all of the tzaddikim and maggidim, or “saints and angels” involved. Thus, literally, our mind, consciousness or soul is uplifted, elevated, by the spiritual practice, for through it we are connected to its source and the corresponding divine or enlightened forces.

This bring us to the beginning of my post, and the question of what influences we wish to invoke into the collective human consciousness and this world.

In closing I will share a simple truth, an open secret. Wherever our thoughts are, there we are, and so it is wise for us to pay attention to our thoughts, and be sure that’s where we want to be. You might say that this is the simple secret of magic.

Peace be with you!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#9 Postby Tau Malachi » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:35 pm

Shalom,

When individuals fall into the darkness of radical fundamentalism in Christianity, and preach and teach violence, and anger, and hate, and such things, God forbid, in place of the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of Christ, they are invoking, and becoming a vehicle for, the “spirit of anti-Christ,” or the spirit of the Other Side, as we would say in the Kabbalah. It is not that they create an “angry Jesus,” but rather that, in ignorance, they have put a very powerful darkness in place of the light and love of Christ; the same may be said for radical fundamentalism of any kind, or within any wisdom tradition – and all wisdom traditions are susceptible to this darkness, this evil, of fundamentalism.

It is really very unfortunate, for what is let in are spiritual forces that delight in pain and hatred, and destruction, and that seek to corrupt and destroy wisdom traditions, and seek to prevent souls from returning to God, or seeking enlightenment.

You might say that it is like pouring poison in a stream of sweet water. God help us!

As we know, many individuals are lead astray by this, and many are prevented from coming to faith in God or enlightenment by this; it is very sad, and very painful to see, but then so is every manifestation of the darkness, the ignorance, that dominates the world in the unenlightened condition, the illusion of separation.

Of course, when we are confronted with such darkness we must be careful not to catch the contagion of negativity, and fall into negative manifestations of judgment ourselves, but instead allow it to fuel our compassion, and our prayers and actions for the enlightenment and liberation of all – the deliverance of all from the ignorance, the illusion of separation.

Blessings!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#10 Postby Tau Malachi » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:18 am

Greetings!

When we receive aspirants in lineage, and into circle, first and foremost we teach them mystical prayer and meditation, along with the art of contemplation. Prayer and meditation, joined with study and contemplation, forms the foundation of our spiritual life and practice, and everything we do. Thus, first we teach the Contemplative Kabbalah and the Mystical or Meditative Kabbalah, and then the Practical or Magical Kabbalah. This is the natural order in the study and practice of the Holy Kabbalah, Jewish or Christian, and many initiates do not venture very far into the practical or magical, but rather accomplish everything they need through the contemplative and the meditative forms of Kabbalah.

The truth is that we can accomplish everything we need to accomplish through study and contemplation, and prayer and meditation; the Spirit of God and angels answer prayers, and wonders, or magical events, happen all of the time through prayer and meditation. When we take up the wonderworking art, and sacred ceremony, this is an extension of prayer and meditation through talismanic representation – symbolism, gesture, movement, and such, and generally speaking when we take this up it is for the sake of others, whether for the sake of powerful prayers, focused prayers, in a gathering, or for spiritual assistance to those in need in circumstances there is a “heavenly decree of judgment,” or when there is a need for a significant shift in the karmic matrix. Through prayer and meditation, and contemplation, we commune with the Infinite One, and cleave to the Infinite One, and we draw near and may enter into unification, and praying, or joining prayer with the giving of charity, and such, most things are accomplished. At times, though, in our communion we become aware something more is to be done, and that God wills it, and the Spirit of God sets us into motion, and we take up the play of the wonderworking art, and engage a sacred ceremony on behalf of others in need.

The entire purpose of the wonderworking art, or divine theurgy, is offering invisible spiritual assistance to those in need – to others, not the fulfillment of our own petty desires and self-interests. There is, though, a benefit to us when there is a need for this service, for in the midst of wonderworking we deepen our communion and our realization of oneness with God and the angels, and the reality of our experience. After all, if through bringing about a shift in our own consciousness, and that of others, the manifestation of the reality of our experience shifts, then clearly the reality of our experience is the radiant display of our own mind, consciousness or soul – it is all in consciousness, the Divine Mind. Thus, as wonders transpire perhaps our own recognition and realization of this will deepen and ripen, while at the same time we are engaged as servants of God in active compassion – spiritual works for others.

The ceremonial art is the outmost form of divine theurgy because the same movements can be accomplished with little, or nothing, outwardly, but completely through the body of light, and because a master of the art, a Master of the Name (Baal Shem), can accomplish great wonders through a conscious intention or simple thought, with need of nothing more. The benefit of ceremony, though, and its regalia, is that is can help initiates generate kavvanah-concentration and devekut-cleaving, and so have more powerful prayers; likewise, it can be a way of delivering great force into the material dimension to shift karmic circumstances.

At the outset, though, we teach how to engage in study and contemplation, and in mystical prayer and meditation. We will teach the Kabbalistic Cross, perhaps the Middle Pillar, along with secluded prayer, Primordial Meditation, Giving and Receiving, and Union with Partzuf – these are practices all of our initiates are familiar with and practice, and are taught on our main website.

Joined with this, from the very beginning we teach the practice of remembering that God is with you, and learning how to look and see God in everything and everything in God; hence, the awareness of God and our innate oneness with God, the True Light.

In our lineage it’s all about prayer and meditation, and a worship of God in spirit and truth – living the Life Divine; and our intention is the realization and embodiment of divine or enlightened being – the Messiah.

May Yahweh bless you and keep you this day. Amen.

Shabbat Shalom!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#11 Postby Tau Malachi » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:52 am

Shalom,

Given our strong roots in Judaic Tradition and Judaic Kabbalah, along with our view and experience of the Messiah, yes, an aspirant could be and observant Jew, and receive initiation in our lineage and tradition. The first followers of the Way were exactly that, Jews who followed the Way, Messiah.

To progress in that direction, first aspirants participate in our online community, forums and chat room discourses, and as we become acquainted with them, if they have expressed an interest we will have one of our deacons or one of our experienced initiates take up mentoring with them. At some point, once involved in one-to-one mentoring, if possible newcomers will come visit one of our circles to receive initiation, teachings in person, and an experience of one of our assemblies. This is the process of becoming more involved and becoming an initiate for those living at a distance.

Blessings!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#12 Postby Tau Malachi » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:43 am

Greetings!

The answer to these questions will all depend upon whom you ask, and at times it will also depend upon your relationship to them, hence how long you might have been a student of theirs and what they perceive as your intention.

First, orthodoxy in any religion tends to fundamentalism and is usually not open to any other religion or body of teachings other than its own.

As for the Practical Kabbalah, one hears something about it around Hasidic Masters like the Baal Shem Tov, but since that time one does not hear much about it within Jewish circles. Contemplative and Meditative Kabbalah is what's most commonly taught and practiced, if and when Kabbalah is approved and taught. All orthodox rabbis do not necessarily encourage the study of the Kabbalah.

There is no doubt what we teach and what we do would be heretical to Orthodox Judaism, just as it would to much of mainstream Christianity. If that's at issue, really one ought to follow the religion of one's choice and receive all their education and support from that source. Thus, going and studying Judaic Kabbalah exclusively could be wise for you. There are plenty of Jewish religious scholars and rabbis rekindling the Kabbalah and mystical Judaism these days.

I wish you well in your journey.

Shalom Aleichem!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Elder Gideon
Site Admin

Stepping Further

#13 Postby Elder Gideon » Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:41 am

Shalom Stein:

I've seen how interested you've been ever since introducing yourself nearly a year and a half ago. I'm glad to hear that you're feeling support in this online outreach, particularly from Shabbat discourses.

If you've not registered to participate in a real-time chats with many of us Tuesday nights, please consider that as another step of support in your journey and studies. Follow this link and sign up: http://www.sophian.org/chat_skype.html

It's a very sincere group of people who share their energy every week. May it benefit you in furthering your interest in our lineage.

Elder Gideon

Return to “Welcome, Introductions & General Questions”