Hello & Introduction

Viktorija

Hello & Introduction

#1 Postby Viktorija » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:28 pm

Hello, thank you for admitting me to the forum.

My name is Viktorija, and I live in northwest Kansas - basically, the middle of nowhere. :) A small, small town with 1 grocery store, 2 gas stations, and 9 churches. And none of them Gnostic, so I've had to resort to the internet for learning more.

I grew up Protestant, not by choice, and not forced, but it was just "fact". As an adult the closest I got to feeling Spirit was in a Pentecostal church. But when a woman "spoke out of turn" in tongues, and the pastor reprimanded her publicly in front of the entire congregation of over a thousand people, that was it for me and churches and being dictated to as to how and what I was to believe and practice in my own faith.

From there I began researching Pagan faith systems and fell in love with their concept of being born good, it was only the bad choices we make that made our actions bad, but not us as individuals. After about 10+ years and continued research (research is a favorite hobby), I decided to write a couple of very comprehensive reference books for the Pagan community. That project took 7 years to complete.

During those 7 years I came to realize that regardless of the names of the Gods & Goddesses, they were ALL parts of the One. "Spirit" being the name I've come to know and commune with It by. Long story short, and after a few more years of research, I found by accident (and really there are no "accidents") that my basic personal faith mirrors that of the Gnostic. I'd been told as such a few times, but it didn't "click" until this last time and so I was off again on more research...which brought me here.

I am a perpetual student, love research, and through it all I know I am always guided by Spirit, Who opens doors just as I need to expand my knowledge & faith.

It's great to be here. Thank you, again for admitting me.
Blessings!

BrandonLw

Re: Hello & Introduction

#2 Postby BrandonLw » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:25 am

Greetings Viktorija!

This community is very much one for individuals like yourself seeking more insight into a Gnostic path, no matter how large or small the town or city one comes from. :) Welcome and enjoy your exploration through the forums, as a researcher, you may really enjoy the plethora of teachings available with a little investigation and guidance. Please feel free to post any questions that may arise as you investigate the path. The community welcomes you!

+Brandon

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#3 Postby Tau Malachi » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:16 am

Greetings and welcome, it is good to see you here!

Many of our spiritual friends in online community have been in a lifelong spiritual quest, and ventured into many different wisdom traditions before discovering the Gnostic Path. It is my prayer, and hope, that our community might be of benefit to you in your ongoing journey and serve to help facilitate the evolution of your interior life. Wherever your journey might carry you, I pray you sojourn in the good company of the Holy Shekinah, the Indweller.

Peace be with you!
Tau Malachi
Sophia Fellowship
Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Father.Owen

#4 Postby Father.Owen » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:47 am

Greetings and Blessings Viktorija,

What a unique and beautiful name!

I got a chuckle out of your introduction as the town I live in also has, exactly, one grocery store and nine churches! However, it only has one gas station - one tavern, and no stop lights.

Shalom,

- Rev. Owen

Return to “Welcome, Introductions & General Questions”