Sheep without a Shepherd

Bevan

Sheep without a Shepherd

#1 Postby Bevan » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:10 pm

Shalom!

This post is a response considering Tau Malachi's words:

"... [an annointed mature soul] must share, and must teach and initiate others, and help facilitate the return of others to God, or the awakening, the enlightenment, of others ... The difficulty, though, is that before receiving their spiritual education, and maturing in the Spirit, and being taught, many rush to teach and guide others in modern spirituality. "
(viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3061) .

This speaks of the great spiritual need that exists in Western culture. It makes me think of Yeshua's response: "When he saw the crowds, he had compassion for them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd. Then he said to his disciples, “The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few; pray therefore the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest.” (Matthew 9:36-38) It makes me wonder, why authentic Western spiritual lineages do not have a larger cultural profile globally and locally if they are called to meet this need?

Eastern religion and indigenous shamanism has been growing in the West since the 1960s through books and the contribution of these leaders to global dialogues. It makes me wonder, why there is not a 'living master' from the Western Esoteric Tradition with a profile in the larger spiritual landscape? I suspect one element is the West's post-colonial facination with spirituality outside of its border.

Tau Malachi, you have written 'Living Gnosis' as an introduction to the Sophian Gnostic tradition. Have you considered writing a more general book for the spiritual seeker that is not necessarily interested in the Tradition? Books by Eckhart Tolle come to mind.

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

Re: Sheep without a Shepherd

#2 Postby Tau Malachi » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:01 am

Grace and peace to you in Messiah Yeshua, our Adonai!

If you consider it, it is interesting, Adonai Yeshua did not teach many disciples, dear brother; according to one gospel the symbolic number of 120 disciples is given, with his inmost disciples serving as preachers and teachers with him. He did, indeed, speak in public to the mixed multitude, who one minute could be for him, and the next against him, and he did perform many wonders for the people, exorcisms and healings, but he received relatively few as disciples of his circle, for relatively few wished to take up the spiritual life and practice with the zeal, the passion, of discipleship. The same was true after the resurrection and ascension, the community, or church, was composed of many small communities or churches scattered about, and the followers of the Way met in homes, and such, with no larger places to assemble, and no formalized religious organization or establishment, nor a single doctrine; that did not come until much later when Rome took over the Christian faith for its state religion and socio-political stability.

There are books, there is a well developed website, and I’ve gone out on book signings and public talks before with a good number of people showing up and enjoying an entertaining event, being uplifted and encourage for a little while – so there is public preaching and teaching in a modern format. Relatively few, though, seek out initiation, the spiritual life and practice with zeal, or become disciples or companions in community – enough do though, all as God wills it, all as God calls and ordains individuals.

There are also other communities scattered about engaged in similar spiritual works, but it is a question of souls ripe and mature, and ready for a full return to God, or full and passionate pursuit of God Consciousness.

If one looks into those who pursue Eastern Wisdom Traditions, “shamanism,” and such, how involved do most aspirants really become, and how far do they actually carry their spiritual life and practice? Aside from the more exotic forms their spirituality assumes, is it so different than many who attend church and Bible studies on a regular basis and are a bit more faithful then the unbeliever? I’d have to say that, in much the same way, it is relatively few that become zealous practitioners and take up discipleship, or apprenticeship, in full.

While, indeed, I have in mind eventually writing a book on a very simple, essential way to God Consciousness, if God wills it, I’ve already taught that way in the forums, it is present for anyone interested who might wish to take it up; but writing such a book I would not be inclined to cater to a larger potential audience, but rather to those who are “ripe and mature for the harvest,” those ready to actually embark upon the mystical journey, the Gnostic Path.

The message I carry is an ancient teaching, and a new teaching, and at its heart is a simple, essential way to God Consciousness, but my work and mission is with those who wish to venture deeper into knowledge of the Mysteries and God, and who have a desire to return to God, or seek enlightenment in Christ. I’m not inclined to stay in superficial talks and conversations about the spiritual life and mystical journey, but rather I’m interested in the actual journey itself, and travelling with companions, disciples, who are on the journey with me, and I’m inclined to sacred discourses, teachings and revelations of the Mysteries, Kabbalah, and in praying, meditating and engaging in sacred ceremony with my brothers and sisters in community. I’d rather discuss how an aspirant can enter into the Gnostic experience, and perhaps actually have an experience of more expanded consciousness and greater intelligence, and perhaps even glimpse, or taste, God Consciousness; I’d rather discuss how an aspirant can live within, open to the Holy Light and Spirit from above, receive actual initiation, or Light Transmission, and be fully set upon the Path of Return, the Path of the Great Ascension. In this, our lineage-holders are not inclined to the generation of large assemblies, or the creation of a larger popular following, but rather we seek out individuals who have a sincere desire for a spirituality of direct experience and realization, and who have a deep faith and love, and zeal or passion for the spiritual life and practice, the Life Divine.

That being said, as the preacher teaches in Ecclesiastes, there is a “time for all things,” and this is a time of many messengers planting seeds, and many tzaddikim laboring in relative secrecy, concealed from the larger public or mixed multitude. This is not the time for a larger spiritual movement and revelation, that will come later, at another time, with other messengers who are sent to harvest what’s being initiated, planted, in our times. The conditions are not present in the larger collective consciousness for the greater message and revelation to be heard and well received; there are things that must transpire to open more hearts and minds to a greater revelation of God, or Enlightenment.

For anyone who is sincere and willing to an actual return to God, or the experience of God Consciousness, and who is willing to the inner work and good works through which the soul awakens and becomes realized, there is access to teachings and practices, as well as initiation and spiritual empowerments – much is openly shared for free!

Here and there are other lineages, other communities, tending their spiritual work and mission, teaching and initiating, as are we; each according to their understanding and knowledge of the Way – and there are various levels of teachings and practices being shared, matching the needs and desires, and capacities, of various aspirants.

If one happens upon a lineage of Light Transmission, a living tradition and community, the question becomes whether or not one immerses oneself in the teachings and practices, seeks initiation, and ventures into the depth of the Mysteries and Knowledge of God (or Enlightenment).

An actual awakening and realization of our soul is possible in this life, but life is very short, there is no time to waste, so we need to get to work and focus on the development of our interior life, our communion with the Infinite One.

We need to understand, thought and thinking of the ordinary mind, and intellectual, conceptual knowledge, does not bring about the awakening and realization of our soul; spiritual wisdom, understanding and knowledge is something much deeper, and comes through the experience of expanded states of consciousness and the greater intelligence that dawns with them – potentially a supramental or supernal intelligence, or a "Perfect Thunder Intelligence."

As much as seeking true wisdom, understanding and knowledge, we also need to cultivate other Divine Attributes, like love and compassion, and so on.

If and when an aspirant is ready, and it is God’s will, I have no doubt a messenger will come to them, a teacher and guide will appear to them, or that the Spirit of God will lead them to one; from one generation to another that’s been transpiring for thousands of years. In this regard, when I think of encountering my beloved tzaddik Tau Elijahu, as a little boy, it is a wonder of wonders, a complete miracle wrought by God’s power – there out in the woods the “old man” was, sitting with his dog ready for a picnic, and I happened upon him, and here I am in lineage some forty-four years later. Praise God!

Whatever is done in outreach, or teaching, revelation and initiation dear brother, it must be done through the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, with divine authority and permission, as God wills and ordains it; and if two souls are given to one another in the bond of sacred friendship, and there is to be Light Transmission between them, it is the Holy Spirit that gives them to one another, and bonds them together as companions traveling in the Gospel, or the Path of Return.

In an ocean of billions of souls, in fact countless souls, how is it that any two, having any kind of relationship, find one another and bond? Quite the mystery, isn’t it?

In closing I might add that very general teachings for those who may not be called to be involved in our lineage and tradition are shared on my Facebook wall...so there is a vehicle for this, and some writings of this kind already woven.

These are some thoughts I can share with you.

Shalom Aleichem – Peace be upon you!
Tau Malachi
Sophia Fellowship
Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Bevan

#3 Postby Bevan » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:14 pm

Thank you for your grace-filled response Tau Malachi. Your words help resolve restlessness I have had about these issues.

I think back to the dark lonely path after moving away from orthodox Christianity and how meagre the spiritual food was during that soul-searching time. Into light now, I am feasting at an endless banquet table of Knowledge and Wisdom. My empathy for individuals travelling that dark path is great.

I used to be afraid of groups with a non-literal view of Scripture because I thought they they would discount the supernatural and tempt me to become secular. What I have found is the opposite. I now have an enhanced and more detailed view of spiritual reality than before and my faith is growing once again. For example, I was reading 'The Apocalypse and the Second Coming' from 'Living Gnosis' to my friend the other night and marveling again at how you respectfully resolve past ignorance. You do not disregard the Resurrection or Second Coming but make it more believable and livable today. It makes me think that if struggling post-orthodox Christians knew about the possibility of this type of transition, they could be helped, but I understand knowledge is only a part of the journey and timing is important.

I found these words above especially instructive: "Whatever is done in outreach, or teaching, revelation and initiation dear brother, it must be done through the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, with divine authority and permission, as God wills and ordains it". This aligns my will with the Divine Will. My intentions may be admirable, but they are often ego-driven. This can become my prayer to help me focus the energy and passion behind my initial post.

Shalom,
Bevan.

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#4 Postby Tau Malachi » Thu May 01, 2014 9:56 am

Greetings and blessings in the Holy Light of the Messiah!

There is something more I’m inclined to share.

You are correct, very often when there is a more open view of the interpretation of the Holy Scriptures there is also a dismissal of significant events and essential points of faith, and denial of the greater power of God and the full embodiment of the Spirit of God; such things as healings and wonders, or the transfiguration and resurrection, are viewed as “allegory” and “myth,” and a passionate faith in Christ and God is lacking. This is a great obstruction to actual spiritual progress and realization, and direct spiritual and mystical experience of Christ and God, or God Consciousness. If I do not believe in such things, and do not believe in an actual realization and embodiment of God Consciousness, or the experience of nearness and unification with God, then how will I believe that something similar is possible for me in my life, let alone have the passionate faith, the passionate desire, to return to God? As the Risen and Ascended Christ teaches in the Book of Revelation to the church in Laodicea, a “lukewarm” faith accomplishes nothing good, for there is no returning to God through it, no experience of nearness and unification, or Christ Consciousness.

There is something more in this to a mystic, or gnostic, though, for the stories we read are not just events of the past to us, but rather similar things occur in our experience through the power of God, the Christ-Spirit, and in our experience the revelation of God is ongoing, not just a thing of the past; in a manner of speaking, we are living in the Gospel and we have faith in a Living Spirit and Living God – a Living Presence and Power we experience in our lives. Many initiates can bear witness to the things they have seen, heard, felt and know, things revealed by the Spirit of God and angels in their own experience, and as such we have every good reason to accept and believe the witness of others recorded in the Holy Scriptures about what they saw, heard, felt and knew in their own experience; healings and wonders transpire, there is an actual transmission of Holy Light and the Christ-Spirit, and knowledge of the kingdom of heaven, and creation and God, through direct spiritual and mystical experience. God is not dead to us, nor a thing of the past to us – God is with us! Praise God!

This speaks, though, to our zealous focus on teachings and practices, the development of the interior life, and living the Life Divine; we seek to enter into the very same experiences recounted in the Scriptures, more or less, and like our brothers and sisters in Eastern Wisdom traditions, we believe in an actual self-realization or enlightenment, an actual embodiment of Divine or Enlightened Being, and therefore we labor for that realization and embodiment – such to us is the Gnostic Path.

Indeed, it is good, and necessary, for us to have deep empathy for souls lost and wandering, or souls bound up in the ignorance and darkness, immersed in great sorrow and suffering, and it is good to have a passionate desire for the salvation of all, the enlightenment and liberation of all; that is innate to the Sacred Heart, or love and compassion. We do not seek spiritual realization or enlightenment for ourselves alone, but rather to be of the greatest possible benefit to others, and to be empowered to uplift others in return to God; the key is this, though, the greater our own awakening, and our own realization and embodiment of the Holy Light and Spirit, the greater we can be of benefit or service to others and facilitate their awakening. If we wish to see many others awakened and uplifted in the Great Ascension, then we ourselves must be awakened and uplifted; if we wish to see a change or transformation in our society and world, then we must bring about that change or transformation in us.

You are the society in which you live and the society is you; you are the world in which you live, and the world is you – as you change, as you awaken and are uplifted, so is the society and world in which you live.

The collective is composed of individuals, and it is through the transformation of the consciousness of individuals that transformation in the collective consciousness happens. Thus, we seek to undergo a true spiritual conversion, a radical change in consciousness – we seek to be “reborn from above,” understanding that it is through this that we become a force of influence, and conscious agent, of spiritual awakening and spiritual evolution in the world.

We need to understand that whenever the Holy Light and Spirit is received and embodied, so that Living Presence is in the world, the Holy Light shines in the world and the Holy Spirit moves in the world; many are blessed and uplifted as the Holy Light and Spirit is embodied and made manifest in this way.

There is, in truth, something more to outreach, and to preaching the Gospel, or sharing teachings of the Christian Kabbalah, than the words and ideas presented; more important than the words and ideas is the energy, light-power, within and behind them, the communication of the Christ-Spirit. In the gospels we are told that Yeshua “spoke with authority,” not like the religious leaders of his day, and speaking with authority is speaking with energy, the power of the Spirit of God. It is this that truly awakens and uplifts souls in return to God, sparking the experience of expanded stats of consciousness and greater intelligence – insight and illumination.

The truth is, we can explain points of faith and deep mysteries, but unless the Holy Spirit moves, and opens a person’s heart and mind, there will be no receptivity, and no knowledge, understanding and wisdom communicated; it is the Holy Spirit that gifts souls faith, hope and love, as well as knowledge, understanding and wisdom – it’s the Holy Light and Spirit that reveals the Mysteries and God.

Understanding this, having deep empathy for souls that are lost and wandering is very good, and having a desire for the return of all to God is very good, for our empathy can become great zeal, passion, for the spiritual life and practice, and the full embodiment of the Spirit of God, or God Consciousness, through which the greatest spiritual assistance can be offered to others.

The truth is that the greatest spiritual works are not in the material world and dimension, and are not visible works, but rather they are invisible, secret spiritual works accomplished through inner, subtle dimensions, through divine actions that are concealed or hidden, much like those of the angels of God. If there are living tzaddikim, or true spiritual adepts and masters in the world with us, we can be assured that they are engaged in a very active and dynamic outreach, and all manner of hidden works in the inner dimensions, laboring continually and praying without cessation for the enlightenment and liberation of all spirits and souls, the return of all to God, and they are doing so with great power, the power of the Almighty (Shaddai).

As an example, I know an anointed initiate who is gifted by the Holy Spirit as an exorcist and wonderworker, who takes up the spiritual work of pacifying, enriching, subjugating and transforming unclean and evil spirits every day, and throughout the night in dream, delivering souls plagued by them, as well as engaging in mystical ascensions of consciousness into the heavens to pray for people and taking up divine actions with wonderworking power, seeking to bless and empower people, and uplift them in return to God. The majority of this is hidden, and done in secret, and few would know what this soul is doing; just as Adonai Yeshua teaches in the Sermon on the Mount in Matthew, this one goes into their room, closes the door, and “prays to the Father in secret,” praying throughout the day, as well as in dream, serving the kingdom of heaven. This is the way of true initiates. The majority of their spiritual work is done in secret, with the help of the Spirit of God and the angels; whatever outward works we might see, we can be certain that there are many more works that are hidden, and accomplished in the energetic dimension.

These were a few more thoughts I was inclined to share.

Peace be upon you!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Bevan

#5 Postby Bevan » Fri May 02, 2014 11:41 am

Thank you for this inner understanding of how the Holy Shekinah is drawing all to Herself. HalleluYah!

Bevan.

sheryl
Site Admin

#6 Postby sheryl » Sun May 04, 2014 10:33 am

Shabbat Shalom, Bevan!

What you have shared has stirred in me.

Like you and many here, I too have come from an Orthodox Christian background, and there was and is much to be uprooted in my understanding, or as Tau often speaks, the mentalities ruling my perception are having to be continuously remade.

As I was reading your thoughts on a literal versus a non-literal interpretation of scripture, it came to mind that we have an even more literal understanding of scripture than Orthodox Christianity! The difference is as Tau Malachi has shared:

There is something more in this to a mystic, or gnostic, though, for the stories we read are not just events of the past to us, but rather similar things occur in our experience through the power of God, the Christ-Spirit, and in our experience the revelation of God is ongoing, not just a thing of the past; in a manner of speaking, we are living in the Gospel and we have faith in a Living Spirit and Living God – a Living Presence and Power we experience in our lives.

Perhaps another way of speaking this is that the literal taught by Orthodox Christianity often removes us as the individual from the picture - all the stories of the visions and experiences, all the stories of Mercy, truly happened to the Christ and the Holy Ones, and all the stories of Judgment did and will happen to "others", to "them". The literal interpretation that we follow is that all the movements of Mercy and all the movements of Judgment told in scripture are about our own journey of return to God. Hence, as Tau has spoken, a much more literal interpretation!

There being another difference, though, in understanding these movements and the symbolism in Holy Writings used to describe them: Holy Writings are indeed literal but are written in a mystical language that the un-mystical finds difficult to understand.

I have found that all the fears and arrogance instilled in me in my religious upbringing were based on ignorance and had to be be undone. This is a process, but as our Tau has shared, if you hang around with us, this will just naturally occur.

I much enjoy reading your posts, Bevan, and the conversations they are inspiring. May you continue to be blessed in your journey.

May all trapped in ignorance be freed.

Sheryl

Bevan

#7 Postby Bevan » Thu May 08, 2014 12:55 pm

Shalom Sheryl,

Good to hear that you and many others here can relate to what I am going through. It is a long process of deconstruction and reconstruction. Thank you for helping me think through this.

Your point that a literal view of Scripture removes us from the picture is very helpful. This then separates me from the Text and I become a passive observer of a historical event. In this state, it is easy for the intellect is be central and get caught up in theological issues. I can relate. The Holy Spirit is there but significantly constrained.

Here is an interesting quote by Joseph Campbell that speaks to this: "Wherever the poetry of myth is interpreted as biography, history or science, it is killed. The living images become only remote facts of a distant time or sky. Furthermore, it is never difficult to demonstrate that as science and history mythology is absurd. When a civilization begins to reinterpret its mythology in this way, the life goes out of it, temples become museums, and the link between the two perspectives is dissolved. Such a blight has certainly descended on the Bible and on a great part of the Christian cult."

Now what I hear you all saying is that the Scriptures combined with mystical experience make these Stories alive in us. This sounds like a wonderful non-dual view of Scripture. I look forward to experiencing this for myself here.

Blessings to you,
Bevan.

Return to “Welcome, Introductions & General Questions”