Consecration of Shrines/Altars?

Jabison

Consecration of Shrines/Altars?

#1 Postby Jabison » Sat May 16, 2015 11:21 pm

Hello all been awhile since I've posted, thank you all again for your prayers I am doing much better!

I've looked over the various threads and if this topic ends up being right in front of me please everyone forgive me I'll kick myself immediately lol. I've had a "unofficial altar" for some time nothing major just a candle on my desk but the spirit moved me recently to really make something substantial. I have since built a small stand purchased from a local retail store and placed a nice material over it I found at a fabric store, I've ordered four candles for each Archangel that is to say Michael, Raphael, Gabriel and Uriel to place at each corner of the table. In the middle I have purchased a figurine of Our Lady of Guadalupe to place in the center of the altar with the angels surrounding her, I also purchased a proper crucifix to hang right above the altar. My question is then this once I set it up is there a specific method of consecration I should use to bless it once it is set or should I simply pray over it and let the mother spirit guide my words? I again apologize if I missed a thread on this subject already. I read the one about altar orientation, my question is more about any specific prayers or rituals that should be carried out when they are first set up? I plan on praying at this altar nightly. And making it my private center of worship in my home.

Elder Gideon
Site Admin

Shrine to Our Lady Guadalupe

#2 Postby Elder Gideon » Mon May 18, 2015 5:35 am

Shalom Jabison:

Thank you for asking! I appreciate your inspiration and smiled to hear where your imagination has already led you. We have an extensive practice in lineage improvising altars for home or outdoors. We've even built one customized entirely for our main meeting space. Whether small and simple or large and elaborate, altars need to be a fun, creative affair to remind and reflect holiness.

This link will add to what you've already begun and, if there are coincidences, contribute to your inspiration of Our Lady Guadalupe:

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=1582&p=5885&hilit=altar#p5885

Hopefully this helps! I'll be intrigued to hear later where this carries you!

Shalom!

Elder Gideon

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

Re: Consecration of Shrines/Alters?

#3 Postby Tau Malachi » Tue May 19, 2015 9:25 am

Shalom,

There is also this post in the Order of St. Mary Magdalene: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=727

Blessings!
Tau Malachi
Sophia Fellowship
Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Return to “Welcome, Introductions & General Questions”