Greetings from Northern Arizona!

thatgirl1225

Greetings from Northern Arizona!

#1 Postby thatgirl1225 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:47 pm

Greetings!

It's so wonderful that this forum exists! I live in a very small town in Northern Arizona - the closest church of any kind is 30 minutes away. But I think that this online place is a blessing :)

I mostly grew up in a traditional Christian household (Protestant); my parents and at least one of my siblings still subscribes to those beliefs. It never felt like quite the right place for me though. I was introduced to Gnosticism through a History channel show on the Early Christians. I paused the show to go look up Gnosticism because it resonated with me! Nothing really came of it, though, for a while. Then, back in January, I picked up a few books on Gnosticism from Amazon (Gnosticism: New Light on the Ancient Tradition of Inner Knowing by Stephan A Hoeller) and something definitely clicked for me.

Life got rather busy (I just finished nursing school!) and I didn't put the effort into my spiritual studies that I would have liked. I was really struggling with finding my way in Gnosticism because it is so individualized, rather than the set dogma that I was used to learning. I hit Amazon again, and through a search, Tau Malachi's book Living Gnosis popped up. I don't think I was able to order it quick enough!

While I was fairly certain that Gnosticism was the spiritual path for me, I didn't have any experience with the specific types of Gnosticism. When I began reading, though, it was like my heart and soul came home! I was in tears reading about Lady Mary's story. It has been such a blessing to find where "I" belong after spending so much time wandering. I'm looking forward to further reading and exploring of the Sophian tradition.

Do you have any recommendations for those of us completely disconnected from EPS or any of its study groups? I will be working through the beginning recommended reading list, but I do recognize the need for personal connection and learning.

Thank you!

Christine

Yonah

Re: Greetings from Northern Arizona!

#2 Postby Yonah » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:43 am

Greetings and Welcome to our Online Community!

I'm glad that you have found us. There are a couple ways you can get more connected. First, there is a Tuesday chat held by Elder Sarah and Elder Gideon. Second, you can reach out a study group or circle to see if they have any distance options. My circle, Magdalene Circle, has a few options for distance people.

Blessings and peace on your journey!
Yonah
Shalom,
Yonah
EPS Columbus Gathering

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#3 Postby Tau Malachi » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:54 am

Greetings and welcome to our community Christine!

Along with what Bishop Yonah has shared, once your participating in the online chats and our forums, and we become acquainted with you, we also have a one-to-one mentoring program via email and phone with out Gnostic deacons, so there is a further way of supported as your involvement progresses.

Shalom
Tau Malachi
Sophia Fellowship
Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

thatgirl1225

#4 Postby thatgirl1225 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:29 am

Thank you Bishop Yonah and Tau Malachi for your responses! I will check in with the Study groups and will see if my new work schedule allows for me to participate in the Tuesday chat sessions. For the first time in my life I see why people carve out time in their schedules for devotions and other religious activities - I'm eager to begin doing the same for my spiritual development.

Christine

Anna

#5 Postby Anna » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:00 am

Welcome, dear Sister! May God bless and guide your journey!
Shalom!
Anna

thatgirl1225

#6 Postby thatgirl1225 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:32 am

Thank you, Anna!

Shalom!
Christine

Jabison

#7 Postby Jabison » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:33 pm

Welcome to the Forum, its a great group of people.

Shalom!

Return to “Welcome, Introductions & General Questions”