An Introduction.

MegStrayer

An Introduction.

#1 Postby MegStrayer » Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:51 pm

Hello, my name's Meg. Gnostic Christianity was the first set of spiritual beliefs that ever made any real sense to me, when I first heard about it at age 17. My spiritual journey has been slow, and I think a big part of that has been the lack of any real spiritual community in my life. Also, I struggle with mental illness (anxiety-type disorders), I am recovering from repeated abuse. All the same, I find a great deal of inspiration from the Gnostic texts, particularly the Gospel of St. Thomas - the messages in that text in particularly help me to not be so hard on myself or to feel so much pressure from the world.

I look forward to speaking with all of you.

Brother Brian

Re: An Introduction.

#2 Postby Brother Brian » Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:07 am

Shalom Meg
Welcome to the forums. I hope you are blessed and inspired by the many teachings and exchanges that Tau Malachi and friends have shared and continuing to share. So glad to meet you and thanks for sharing your words of appreciation for the Gospel of St. Thomas. It is used quiet a bit in teachings here and Elder Sarah does many wonderful teachings from time to time from this wonderful text Tuesday night when they hold space together in the chat room. So good to hear from you! :D

Shalom
Brian

MegStrayer

#3 Postby MegStrayer » Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:24 am

Could you give me more information about this chat room, please? There's a post on here about a chat room but the links in it were broken. Thank you.

Brother Brian

#4 Postby Brother Brian » Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:52 am

Shalom Meg

Here is the link http://www.sophian.org/chat_skype.html Just follow the directions it gives and remember the chat start time is the (PST) time zone.

Shalom
Brian

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#5 Postby Tau Malachi » Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:40 am

Greetings and welcome Meg, it's good to see you here!

I hope our online community might be of some help in your spiritual journey.

Shalom
Tau Malachi
Sophia Fellowship
Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Return to “Welcome, Introductions & General Questions”