Greetings from Alabama

Baqash

Greetings from Alabama

#1 Postby Baqash » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:06 pm

Hey, I'm Aaron. I'm 28 and I hail from Alabama. I've been all over the place when it comes to spirituality. I was raised Protestant, rebelled with atheism, found myself converting to Catholicism, having a fondness for everything dedicated to the Virgin, or the Magdalene, and started studying more into their roles as related to my Catholicism. Somewhere along the way I got discouraged, went through a sort of neutral time where spiritual matters just didn't matter at all, met a girl who became my wife who was/is into a sort of traditional witchcraft, so I became interested in that and picked that up. Happened across the "dual-faith" period in my religious history studies, and sort of made my own hodge-podge of Christo-Paganism. I went to a used bookstore and found a book I thought was a Bible, but it was all in Greek, so I figured it was an Orthodox Bible, and I have a thing for collecting Bibles and old books, and this was both, and they only wanted 2.00. I bought it quicker than a strick a' lightning. I was looking up some Greek stuff online to try and figure it out as my Greek and Hebrew are kind of meh, having never finished the classes in my Catholic days. I found out it was an Orthodox liturgy for the Easter season, and somehow Google had just dumped the Pistis Sophia in my lamp during that search and it was popping up everywhere. I went on to keep working on translating my new liturgy book. Almost everything I looked up it seemed was suggesting various Gnostic texts, but my study was put on the sideline with the death of my uncle. He died a very sad, lonely death to cancer and since he was terminal they were letting him dose himself with morphine. He was never "there" the last few weeks. I took his briefcase I found in the closet home with me and opened it up and the only thing in it was a copy of the Gospel of Thomas, and the Pistis Sophia. Finally I was just like, "Okay, fine. I get it. I'll read them." Never turned back. Found this site just as spontaneously, so figured I was meant to be here for some reason or another. Thanks for adding me!

-Aaron

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

Re: Greetings from Alabama

#2 Postby Tau Malachi » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:25 pm

Greetings and welcome, it's good to see you here.

Blessings to you!
Tau Malachi
Sophia Fellowship
Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Anna

#3 Postby Anna » Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:31 am

Welcome, Aaron!
I hope you enjoy your studies and contemplations here. May you be blessed and uplifted in your journey. The spiritual life is truly quite an adventure!
Shalom!
Anna

Yonah

#4 Postby Yonah » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:10 am

Greetings and welcome!

Shalom, Yonah
Shalom,
Yonah
EPS Columbus Gathering

sheryl
Site Admin

#5 Postby sheryl » Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:06 am

Shabbat Shalom Aaron!

It is good to see you here. May these teachings bring you peace and joy.

Sheryl

Return to “Welcome, Introductions & General Questions”