Spirituality and the arts

MegStrayer

Spirituality and the arts

#1 Postby MegStrayer » Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:58 pm

So, one way I tap into and express my spiritual experiences is through the arts - music, writing, and the occasional spontaneous painting. Though, lately I've been worrying whether or not this is worthy enough, or altruistic enough.

I do things for others, too - I love my job as a special education assistant and I like to help people solve problems in daily life, too, and I get a lot out of my activism for the disabled community outside of work. But I feel like there are so many people who are just so much more virtuous and altruistic than me. There is somebody I know who refers to her own artistic pursuits as "wasting time" and "being self absorbed", and I worry that maybe I should feel the same way, even though I sometimes feel at my most connected to God when I am creating art and music.

Anna

Re: Spirituality and the arts

#2 Postby Anna » Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:10 pm

Dear Meg,
The arts are a wonderful way to express our uniqueness in God- to give glory to the Most High!
I'm a musician and I find that performing is a wonderful way to uplift and bless beings- visible and invisible.
Enjoy the creativity you are gifted by Mother God; it sounds like this is part of your portion in this life.
We discover our True Will, God's Will for us, through our gifts and the activities that bring us joy. We are not here to spurn such lovely gifts but to use them fully, enjoy them fully, glorifying our God in them!

Shalom!
Anna

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

Re: Spirituality and the arts

#3 Postby Tau Malachi » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:11 am

Shalom,

I've written on the way of the sacred artist in the "Order of Haniel" forum. You can look there to see what I've shared. I've also written on the subject in "Gnosis of the Cosmic Christ," in the chapter on Netzach. The Holy Spirit is a Creative Spirit, and therefore through various creative expressions it is possible to draw near to the Holy One and commune with the Holy One. It's all a question of the intention of the artist and the space from which they draw inspiration.

Blessings!
Tau Malachi
Sophia Fellowship
Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Return to “Welcome, Introductions & General Questions”