Greetings from Latvia

lauriso

Greetings from Latvia

#1 Postby lauriso » Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:46 am

I may well be the first person from that country in these forums :-).

For years there has been something intuitively clicking for me when I considered gnosticism of various schools. I've always had faith that there must be some hope, some purpose that makes living in this absurd world of suffering meaningful. To be honest, recently I came to a breakdown and almost lost sll that hope, which lead to real panic attacks (had to take tranquilizers). Now I'm calmer but it really showed me how important these issues are to me. Spirituality and our eternal destiny are not a curiosity or a hobby for me - they are the very core of my existence. In moments when I lose faith in them I have no motivation to get out of bed and start considering suicide. That's how it is with me :-).

So hello to all and any advice or encouragement welcome.

sheryl
Site Admin

Re: Greetings from Latvia

#2 Postby sheryl » Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:52 am

Shalom and welcome to our forum, Lauriso!

Indeed this world often appears absurd! To finds it meaning and purpose, and to find forgiveness, is akin to finding treasure.

May you be blessed as you sojourn with us.

You are in my prayers.

Sheryl

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#3 Postby Tau Malachi » Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:32 pm

Greetings and blessings to you!

Yes, indeed, you may very well be the first member of our online community from your country. Welcome! You will find that many of our members share your conviction for the spiritual life and desire for spiritual realization, and it is our hope that participation in our online community might be of some benefit to you in your spiritual journey.

You will be in our prayers.

Shalom Aleichem - peace be upon you!
Tau Malachi
Sophia Fellowship
Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Yonah

#4 Postby Yonah » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:05 am

Greetings!

Welcome to our community. I pray that you find what you seek as we journey together.
Shalom, Yonah
Shalom,
Yonah
EPS Columbus Gathering

IngaK

#5 Postby IngaK » Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:15 am

Well, dear, you are not QUITE the first. I was born in Latvia, grew up in Riga, and emigrated to Norway in 2000. I am a Norwegian citizen, but ethnically I am half Latvian, half Russian. Now I live in the US.

I have also grown up "receiving" much of the knowledge I find here, believing things seemingly out of the blue, so it's quite remarkable how we all find each other... Welcome! I speak Latvian, too, if you like :)

Penelope

#6 Postby Penelope » Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:13 am

Dear Brother across the sea, Welcome!

Isn't it a blessing that, with the Holy One, we can join together and time and space disappear. May you find much to inspire your contemplations here. The Gnostic Way and the beauty of Kabbalah spoke to my heart many years ago. It is only by Grace that I found these wisdom teachings.

Again, welcome.
Penelope

Return to “Welcome, Introductions & General Questions”