Greetings, Blessings and so much Gratitude!

IngaK

Greetings, Blessings and so much Gratitude!

#1 Postby IngaK » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:13 am

Shalom dear friends!

I'm Inga, a bit from all over the world, but living in the US now. I really felt I needed to share how grateful I am to have found this community and teachings. Before I found you, I thought I had a collection of very idiosyncratic beliefs that didn't really fit anywhere, I wasn't quite a Christian anymore, although I still loved the saints and the Bible, I never became Orthodox Jewish, although I avidly studied the Hasidic tradition and the Kabbalah, especially on the nature of the masculine and feminine, nor was I quite a New Age or pagan, because I believed in the Creator and Yeshua.

But above all, I discovered the mystery of Holy Bride, while meditating all night in the Church of the Holy Sepulcher in Jerusalem. I have identified as a Christian for most of my life, and although after coming to Jerusalem in 2010 you could say I lost my religion but found my faith, there were still certain tenets of faith that seemed unchangeable. But my own journey took me to contemplate deeper mysteries, sometimes just remembering what I already believed in childhood. About union, souls, reincarnation. To make a long story short, what I was experiencing could no longer be explained by the official tradition. And I went on an exciting, painful, scary, heart-shattering journey of soul discovery.

But that night in Jerusalem, outside the resurrection chamber, the word came to me: "Do not cling to me" and then, suddenly: "While the king was on his couch, my nard gave forth its fragrance", and my world started spinning.

It's hard to explain how it all came together. The anointment, Bethany, lily of the valleys, Mary asking "the gardener" where have they put the body, "have you seen him whom my soul loves?". The Song of Songs came alive, and as I went upstairs to look at Golgotha, and saw the image of Mary Magdalene by the cross, touching the feet of the Lord, there were no questions left in my mind whatsoever. So the rest of the night was a time of beautiful contemplation. But again, I felt, my beliefs didn't quite fit in anywhere. There was a depth to it that went beyond merely saying that our Lord and our Lady were married, if you know what I mean. This by itself may not even be such a big deal. I didn't know what to do with the depth, but kept asking the Holy Bride to be a part of my life.

More than a year later, I came across a book by Tau Malachi in a New Age Store. I just saw the name Mary Magdalene, and when I read a few pages, I knew that was it, the language I was trying to speak.

So to me, this is a great miracle, because while obviously, I see so much richness here in the forums, so much knowledge and wisdom that will take me forever to absorb, yet on another level, there is absolutely nothing new. In the sense that I don't have to believe anything new. It is just something that has always been a part of my soul. And I'm excited to be learning from you - but also remembering.

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

Re: Greetings, Blessings and so much Gratitude!

#2 Postby Tau Malachi » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:47 am

Blessings to you, and welcome to our online community!

That anyone should find a relatively small Gnostic community in the midst of this vast world, and have some connection in their soul to it, is something of a miracle; such things transpire through the Holy Spirit, it's the Holy Spirit that leads us to one another and joins us with one another, as though given to one another in the Spirit. And so with the Lord and the Bride, it is grace that gifts us with faith and knowledge, the Spirit gathering us into the Sanctuary of Anointing. To this day I'm astonished, amazed, that I encountered my Tzaddik, Tau Elijah, when I was a boy and was able to be a companion in his circle, and always there is awe, wonder and joy in having come across this Gnostic lineage to live in the Way. Many share in such feelings, and in the end all we can say is, praise God!

If I were to think of the most accurate term for our lineage and tradition it would be "Christian Hasidim," for that very much is our way and view, our teachings.

Thank you for sharing something about your journey with us, a lovely tale; I pray our community might be of some help to you in the Way, and look forward to your participation.

Shalom Aleichem!
Tau Malachi
Sophia Fellowship
Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

IngaK

#3 Postby IngaK » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:06 pm

Tau Malachi wrote:

If I were to think of the most accurate term for our lineage and tradition it would be "Christian Hasidim," for that very much is our way and view, our teachings.

I agree, definitely a good term! It shines through in the little things. Just yesterday I read in your book, "our Lady had no visible light of her own," and that brought me back immediately to the Diminished Moon by Ari (r.Isaak Luria). It's impossible to "fake" such correspondence on a superficial level. Really remarkable. I look forward to learning and inspiration on the Way through this beautiful fellowship. While I am not an online forum person, in this case it seems a perfect help on the journey, we have come to live in a world that is so big :)

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#4 Postby Tau Malachi » Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:08 pm

Shalom,

Actually teachings of the Diminished Moon occur throughout the Zohar, the Ari drawing from it; interestingly enough we were just studying a passage last night in our Zohar discourse session that ventured quite deeply into the subject of Malkut, Shekinah, "waxing moon" and "waning moon."

Blessings!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Elder Gideon
Site Admin

#5 Postby Elder Gideon » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:44 pm

Shalom Inga:

It is a pleasure to read your story. How delightful and wonderful that you encountered the Living Presence saying, "Do not cling to me." Isn't much religiosity clinging to a concept rather than the Living Presence?

Your story echoes dimensions of my own seeking, knowing at a critical and painful time that I fit no where I could research, let alone find community. Practicing how St. Paul teaches of grace as a gift of God so that no one can boast, I can only describe in the humblest terms that this lineage found me where I was least expecting it. I'm confident many other companions relate with this gratitude and joy.

I welcome you to our forum. There is also a youtube channel named Ecclesia Pistis Sophia, which uploads a Shabbat discourse almost every week. There, you will get a very intimate sense of the voices and energy of our immediate community. To interact with our larger, online community, consider a live chat led usually by Elder Sarah. This is real-time and very supportive of diverse individuals. The link is right here and will allow you talk directly with practitioners every Tuesday night.

Through a consistent exposure to these venues, you will get a feel for our community and lineage. If this benefits you, please interact. We'd welcome your insights and questions!

Grace and Peace be with you of the Living Savior be with you, Inga.

Elder Gideon

Penelope

#6 Postby Penelope » Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:59 am

Welcome Inga!

Tears came as I read your sharing (they are still flowing). I am reminded again of truth in the verse, "Seek until you find. When you find, you will be troubled, and then you will be amazed." As Tau Malachi and Elder Gideon mentioned, it is truly miraculous to find the treasures of these Teachings. I am continually amazed that we can be so blessed.

All praise to the Holy One!

Penelope

IngaK

#7 Postby IngaK » Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:35 am

Thank you! Indeed, all praise to the Holy One!
All of this is so wonderful it's beyond understanding.
When my logical mind starts to worry and wonder where has my life taken me, and oh my, what will happen to me, it's looking back on this journey that puts things into perspective. We have all been truly blessed...

Elder Sarah
Site Admin

#8 Postby Elder Sarah » Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:04 pm

Shalom and Welcome Inga!

Blessings in the Light of the Holy Shekinah

Very much enjoyed the story of your journey, very inspiring indeed! I also enjoyed meeting you in the chat room and your sharing there. We welcome you to our online community, it truly is an amazing blessing in this world!

Elder Sarah

Yonah

#9 Postby Yonah » Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:30 am

Greetings!

Thanks for sharing your story. Welcome!
Shalom, Yonah
Shalom,
Yonah
EPS Columbus Gathering

Return to “Welcome, Introductions & General Questions”