Shalom!

wizardofoz

Shalom!

#1 Postby wizardofoz » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:33 pm

Greetings to all here!

I'm a bit of a long time lurker on the forum, and thought it was really time that I registered and contributed a little back. I'm in Australia, so my ability to attend the online sessions might be a bit hindered due to the time difference, but I look forward to being able to participate in whatever way I can.

As far as my religious/spiritual background goes, I was raised as a Jehovah's Witness originally & left once I was old enough to realise the MANY errors they make in interpretation of the Bible. While I'd have usually entered "Agnostic Atheist" at any census, some earlier spiritual experiences left me very open minded to the possibility of SOME spiritual viewpoint being correct, so I got into Western Esotericism of the Golden Dawn style as well as being a big proponent of Chaos Magic. I became very dissatisfied with the Occult world though, as the behaviour of many of the people involved are hardly indicative of any great "Enlightenment". Meanwhile, I do enjoy the teachings of the Eastern schools (Buddhism, Patanjali etc) and individuals such as Gurdjieff, but nothing "clicked" for me in that regard.

I got married a few years ago, and my wife's family are very heavily into Protestant Christianity (South Africans, so they're Dutch Reform - although they mainly attend Pentecostal or Baptist services now). Since they were more than a little horrified by my lack of religion I agreed to attend Church to pacify them a little. I was amazed at how differently the Bible read to me now that I had knowledge of the Qaballah, Astrology, Meditation etc. So while I had heard of Gnosticism before of course, I gave it a much more serious look, as well as starting again with the Qaballah, this time from the Jewish (rather than Occult) viewpoint. While I found many of the Gnostic teachings interesting (in particular what remains of Valentinus writings) most of the recorded beliefs look distorted by time or propaganda to me. And as for just becoming a conventional Christian - the exoteric Church is....well at it's best it's gradually trying to grope blindly back to some deeper teachings and real wisdom, and at it's worst it's the horrendous distortion I'm sure I hardly need to remind anyone about.

So I was very happy to run across "Gnosis of the Cosmic Christ" a while back! I ended up buying all of Tau Malachi's books, and I've reread them a number of times. It's rekindled a spark for me, as I finally was able to see how the religion of my childhood and our Western world SHOULD have been presented. It's been invaluable to me to see how a living tradition of esoteric Christianity is practiced, otherwise I'd be fumbling around in the dark trying to reconstruct the exact same set of beliefs on my own.

Anyway, enough rambling from me. I look forward to talking to everyone here. Shalom and God bless!

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

Re: Shalom!

#2 Postby Tau Malachi » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:02 am

Greetings!

It's good to see you here and good to read your introduction and hear about your journey. I look forward to your participation in the forums and to getting acquainted with you in this way.

You will be in my prayers.

Shalom Aleichem!
Tau Malachi
Sophia Fellowship
Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Elder Sarah
Site Admin

#3 Postby Elder Sarah » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:50 am

Shalom!

Welcome to our online community! I very much enjoyed reading your introduction and look forward to exchanging with you. As you know, the forum is an amazingly endless source, it truly is a Wisdom Treasury. An additional offering available is our recorded Shabbat Discourses available every week on the main page of our website. These recordings are an excellent way for people at a distance to tune into weekly contemplations circling in the community. Many blessings to you in your journey!

Shalom,
Elder Sarah

sheryl
Site Admin

#4 Postby sheryl » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:41 am

Shalom!

Welcome to our online community!

It was a delight to hear about your journey and how the teachings of our lineage have touched you. I look forward to becoming more acquainted.

May you continue to be blessed by the treasury found here!

Sberyl

Return to “Welcome, Introductions & General Questions”