Greetings & Welcome!

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

Greetings & Welcome!

#1 Postby Tau Malachi » Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:27 pm

Greetings and welcome to the online community of Sophia Fellowship - Ecclesia Pistis Sophia!

We have created this website and forums to share the teachings and practices of the Sophian Tradition of Gnostic Christianity, and to support and encourage the spiritual life and practice of our members and friends who live at a distance – thus, the focus of our forums is the discussion of Sophian Gnosticism and other Gnostic traditions as they relate to the Sophian tradition.

Generally speaking we do our best to post subjects of discussion under their corresponding topic, so that subjects of discussion are easier to find and the discussions are easier to follow. We have created this forum for newcomers to say hello and to introduce themselves if they would like to do so, or to ask general questions that do not really fit in any of the other forums. Please feel free to post your introductions or general questions here in our “greeting room.”

Our forums are a sacred space of teaching and sharing, and in order to guard our sacred space and to prevent spam we require users to register. If for any reason you are having a problem in the registration process, please write to Brother Christopher: Christopher@sophian.org Likewise, if you have questions about membership in Ecclesia Pistis Sophia or the online mentoring program we offer, you can also contact Brother Christopher and he will be glad to help you.

It’s our intention to maintain an open, kind and friendly environment for spiritual discussion – thus we ask that posts in our forums be non-violent, and maintain an attitude of sincere friendship.

Once again, welcome to our online community!

Blessings & shalom!
Tau Malachi
Sophia Fellowship
Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Cher

#2 Postby Cher » Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:09 pm

Greetings to the forum of people here on sophian.org!
I would like to introduce myself and thank you for your forum. I go by Cher, short for Cheryl. I've been an avid reader of Kabala for many years and also research the Gnostic studies of some I've found helpful, among other occult research and fellowship. I hope to find more out of the work in the Gnosis and do feel by seeing that the Kabala is closely related to the study.

From my own understanding of the initiation work, it is to understand the body (tree), and to get in touch with the relationship the spirit that enters the earth body (salt) (experience lived) which grows consciousness with knowledge hopefully in a balanced way. It seems these days knowledge far outweighs the consciousness of the body and sensation and inner feeling of self is left by the wayside alot.
Anyway, I hope to find exchanges here and grow in understanding with the sharing of others of like mind and heart.
Greetings! You are the salt of the earth, if the salt loses its flavor than...
Cher
Know Yourself

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

Integral Realization

#3 Postby Tau Malachi » Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:05 am

Greetings and welcome to our online community Cher!

As you explore of forums, and the teachings and practices shared in them, for will find that our aim is an Integral Self-realization in Christ that includes body, heart and mind; likewise you will find that we seek to use all activities, the whole of life, as a vehicle of this self-realization or illumination. Generally speaking, our aim is something more than a feeling of Spirit-connection; it is the Gnostic experience or enlightenment experience as described elsewhere.

“Salt” is in intriguing symbol in our tradition of Christian Kabbalah. In the Melchizedek teachings it represents the principle of energy arising as outwardly appearing objects, including the appearance of the body; hence the radiant display of the energy of consciousness as in apparently external space. In other teachings, however, such as those given for the saying you quote from the Sermon on the Mount, salt indicates Hokmah-Wisdom, and the spontaneity of a person who has attained Divine Wisdom, which we call “Crazy Wisdom” or “Wild Gnosis.”

The two taken together – salt as the Wisdom Nature and salt as a principle of materialization, points to the empty or illusory quality of all that appears; all as a co-arising, all as a radiant display in consciousness. In this sense, mind, heart and body are three manifestations of the same “thing,” consciousness; so whether speak of the mind, heart or body we are speaking of consciousness, the *radiant display of consciousness*.

To the extent that we are manifest in physical, vital and mental consciousness, these are the vehicle of our self-realization, our enlightenment and liberation; and in our experience they are illuminated and transformed by the Supernal Light and Holy Spirit.

I hope you enjoy your exploration and participation in our forums as we discuss teachings and practice of the Sophian Gnostic tradition, our Christian Kabbalah.

Once again, welcome.

Blessings & shalom!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

arun

hello friend

#4 Postby arun » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:27 am

Im arun from India. Iam a born christian.but i would like to know the real jesus and real christianity.when i view ur site,it is quite differ from others.In India,the hindus have belief on Incarnation,Karma etc.But In Christianity its not so.I need a help from u to learn these things from Bible itself.Please give me...
with love
Arun. S
Arun Sridhar

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

Greetings & Welcome!

#5 Postby Tau Malachi » Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:43 pm

Greetings & welcome friend!

I have posted an answer to your question elswhere, in the Mysteries of the Bible & Gnostic Scriptures forum, under the topic of "Karma & Reincarnation in the Holy Bible." It should be easier to find there for others with a similar question - I hope you find the post helpful.

Blessings & shalom!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

Greetings & Welcome!

#6 Postby Tau Malachi » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:30 pm

Dear Brother Jordan+,

Greetings and blessings in the grace of Adonai Yeshua Messiah; I pray these words find you well and in the company of the Shekinah of Messiah, the Holy Bride!

It is a pleasure to meet your virtual acquaintance brother and we are quite happy to have your participation in our forums – the ministry you are engaged in sounds wonderful, and I pray that the Holy Spirit moves with, in and through it, and that it grows abundantly.

Indeed! I do not know if what we mean by Sophian Gnostic and what you mean by Sophianic Gnostic is exactly the same, but surely Sophia is one and the same, though assuming many forms to many different peoples, and Christ is the same, though each of us may have our own understanding of Christ – as you say, there is no doubt the Sophia goes beyond the boundaries of traditions and lineages, uniting all who embrace her. Ave Sophia!

Please, if you are inclined at some point, feel free to share views and teachings from your own lineage in our “Gnosis and Gnosticism” forum; as much as sharing the teachings and practices of our lineage we would welcome listening and hearing those of other lineages – and that is the perfect place for such an exchange of sparks. I’m given to understand from other Johannite clergy who’ve encountered our lineage that we share much in common, though none have ever actually shared any teachings reflecting this, and I’ve never had the opportunity to pursue the study of teachings of the Johannite lineage – thus, needless to say, I’ve been left rather curious and would enjoy hearing more about the tradition.

Where can individuals acquire a copy of your book, Living Gnosticism? I suspect I’d enjoy reading it – it might be nice to add to our reading list.

Also, if you have a website and would like us to list your ministry in friendship and add a link from our website – please feel free to send the pertinent information to Brother Christopher; if it is already covered by the listing of the Church of St. Mary Magdalene, that’s fine – but it sounds as though you have some independent work as well that might be good to list. We are always happy to post links to other Gnostic Christian ministries and churches.

Once again, welcome to our online community; I look forward to your participation in our forums.

We will keep you, your family and ministry in our heart and prayers…

Blessings & shalom!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

SCOTT HUTTON

Mother of the Stars

#7 Postby SCOTT HUTTON » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:07 pm

Sophia and her forms. Perhaps they would be beyond counting, for She would be manifesting throughout the entire megaverse wherever needful. I have been, I am just discovering, an unwitting Sophian for years: through involvement with the Tibetan divinity Tara, especially in her form as the Lady Prajnaparamita (transcendent wisdom), mother of all the buddhas (with the understanding that every sentient being, even a gnat scurrying across the back of your hand, is a buddha-to-be, and there are sentient beings throughout space-time).

I am now seeing Sophia as a primordial form of divinity, always in the wings, but never quite outside on stage where the performance is occurring - and for me that is a wonder and a thrill. Like a good neighbor, she's always there:

Holy Sophia, Mother of the Stars,
Be with us. Always. Amen.

I am member of no formal Gnostic community and, indeed, am rather innocent of the various Gnostic currents, though the four books of Tau Malachi are rapidly fixing that. I was inspired by Brother Jordan's recent post, as well as Tau Malachi's response, for both helped me focus on my wandering way.

It is, I am suspecting, a great karmic privilege to visit here.

I have been a Buddhist practicing in the Tibetan tradition for decades - I'm seeing now that Dharma led me to Gnostic Christianity in past weeks (after I'd been doing pujas to generate spiritual abundance) and I am also seeing that 35 years ago, during my years of "riotous living" as the King James version puts it, Gnostic Christianity led me to Tibetan Dharma - they have been in partnership all this time.

So, I have no church as do you two precious (in the Buddhist sense) men, nor do I seek one. I am, as death keeps reminding me that he's readying to give me my cue to exit this world, attracted to the "primordial", that which paradigms people's individual beautiful practices and traditions. This was focussed for me in a tiny but precious piece of added understanding via a dream this morning: I was among people in the dream and suddenly had total access to the consciousness streams of several of them, concurrent with my own. It was an odd experience and I was about to go on "overload." An inner voice, beyond sex and naming said, "Observe, three individual consciousness streams overwhelm your solitary consciousness. The consciousness that is Yeshua can accommodate all the streams flowing wherever, throughout space and time. Your mind, while vast, is nonetheless small." Along with came the understanding that falling in love with the primordial is a step towards increasing one's consciousness, and therefore ability to share compassion with, more beings, as one develops the ability to participate in multiple consciousness streams at once.

The dream can be seen as either Gnostic or Buddhist or both, or, better, coming from a nameless level yet to be recognized.

All that said, I too hope Brother Jordan tells us more of his days.

Mother of the Stars, Sophia,
Help us to be friends.

Scott

heather

#8 Postby heather » Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:52 pm

Hello. My name is Heather. I actually found and joined this forum several months ago , but about that time i had a spiritual experience which shook up my life and i kind of forgot i had joined. This experience i had was triggered partly by a passage attributed to Mary Magdalene. I feel a strong connection to her. i have not read many of the gnostic scriptures yet, but i'm excited to learn! What i understand so far (although i have become a little confused with the details)resonates with me and i believe there is truth in it.
A few weeks ago, i finished reading "st. mary magdalene , the gnostic tradition of the holy bride", and was surprised to see it here on this site! i guess i must be in the right place!
Blessings , Heather

sevensophies

Hi. I'm very glad I found this group.

#9 Postby sevensophies » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:31 pm

HI to Everyone! My name is Hope. I joined Sophian.org roughly two to three weeks ago. I would like to apologize to everyone for not introducing myself until now.

There are some wonderfull posts on this website. I have been reading a good many of them and wish to thank everyone for their part in the surge of re-newal and inspiration that has been taking place in my life during these past two weeks.

As far as my background, it is diverse and too complex to go into in a few mere paragraphs. I grew up in Peru, South America, away from my "earth parents" and came to trully sense and believe that My Holy Mother and Father were in Heaven, always loving me. I started drawing and writing at the age of 10. I could paint The Christ from "memory" but memory from when or where- that I can't be certain of. There was a tendency for out of the ordinary things to take place around me, and the maids that my cousins had to watch their children, would not stay in the same house with me and the children when my cousins went out. They believed I was bewitched or a sorsoress myself. They would go to the extreemes of taking my little cousin who was 2 up into the mountains "to find his soul", or catch and drink bats blood to render themselves invisible.
My family was Catholic but their values were quite elitist. When my brother, Jimmy, died in The Vietnam War, he came to see me one last time. He walked into the house in full uniform on the night that he died, sat on the bed next to me, and gave me a big beautifull smile and a very gentle hug. I trully knew at that point, that I did tend to have some unique and wonderfull experiences that I could not take for granted. I knew also, that these beliefs were not upheld by the Catholic religion in gral. The maids, however, sought the protection and care from the devil that they thought was in me and decided to abandon their Inca devotion for bible lessons twice a week at the community Catholic Church.

I will try to keep the rest short. I began to meditate at age 16. In my late 20's-early 30's I had an elder Celt woman teach me and guide me for many years. Having learned in Peru to always have reverence for the Natives of one's own land, I began thereafter to practice and learn through Animal Spirit Guidance of The Native American Indians through Inner Vision and Channeling Spiritual Guidance. I had also come to love The Way of The Tao. At some point in the last 8 years I began to try to find the common golden and silver threads that inter-connected Western and Oriental Devotion and Practice. I came to find that most specifically for me in The Qabala. Then I began to know that I was begginning to understand. Pistis Sophia became my favorite book in which to find both comfort, devotional unprecedented love, and peace. Dion Fortune helped me link and grasp some of the finer esotheric terms in "The Mystical Qabalah". When I began to read Gnostic Texts, Gospels and Apocryphal Writings, I began to remember that I remembered. Not surprisingly, after getting " St. Mary Magdalene", by Tau Malachi, I set out to find a group that would honor the true ways of old and found Sophian.org.

I am very glad that I have found this group. I have been at a fork in the road for quite some time now. I find that much is resolving itself as it should and that I am able to move forward.

Thank you all.

Blessings and Peace be with you.
Amen

Hope
There is something to be learned by carrying a cat by it's tail that can be learned in no other way.
Anonnymous

Brooke

#10 Postby Brooke » Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:13 am

Shalom and welcome!

Many are touched by this space, brought here as they are by +Malachi's books. As someone in our last circle meeting said, "It feels like I've finally come home -- after 20 years of searching."

So many of us have found our heart's desire here. As a result, circles are forming around the world as the light of the continuum pours forth. I noticed you're in Virgina, where we have two circles if you'd like to check one out.

Many blessings!
Brooke
www.sophia-agape-circle.org

Brother Harmonius

#11 Postby Brother Harmonius » Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:35 am

Greetings, I come in peace!

I admit that my interest in gnosticism occurred at about the time I read the DaVinci Code. It practically screamed to me that I was on to something I had suspected all along.

Even before then I had been re-investigating my Jewish and Christian roots, and now I have a ravenous appetite for western spiritual knowledge. Besides the Nag Hammadi Library, my reading includes many books by Marvin Meyer, Elaine Pagels and Hans Jonas, among many others. I also have an extensive library on the Dead Sea Scrolls, and find religion therein, as well.

I consider myself a Jungian, and digest Jung's works to the last jot and tittle, which means wading through lots of Latin and Greek (but I speak neither).

For years and years I studied Taoism and Asian spiritual ideas, but one day it occurred to me that my own Mediterranean ancestors must have had some profound thoughts, and sure enough, they did! I would go as far as to say they are not so fundamentally different from Taoist and Buddhist philosophy, either, as popular understanding has it.

My latest acquisition is an unusual book titled Gnosis on the Silk Road: Gnostic Parables, Hymns & Prayers from Central Asia, by Hans Joachim Klimkeit. It is like the Nag Hammadi Library, but about Manichean Christianity, not Alexandrian. James M. Robinson wrote the forward.

My major interest is more along the lines of Alexandrian (Greco-Jewish) than Manichean, but this book does contain some good ancient texts, and it is unusual to see language like "Buddha nature," "Nirvana," or "moksha" intermingled with "our Lord Jesus Christ," and I thought it would be worth bringing it up as a point of interest.

Thanks for opening up your community to me, am looking forward to greater involvement.

Br. Harmonius
"Go not outside, return inside thyself: truth dwells in the inward man." - St. Augustine, Liber de vera religione, xxix (72)

Cher M

#12 Postby Cher M » Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:21 pm

Hello, my name is Cher, not short for anything. Just Cher. I joined mainly out of curiosity. I am a knowledge seeker and I am fully aware that I could never attain a fraction of the knowledge I long for. I will most likely ‘read’ and ‘listen’ in most part and rarely speak.

I read, ‘The Gnostic Gospel of ST Thomas’ and Tau Malachi’s feedback on the verses reverberated ‘truth’ to me and thus I was brought to this site.

I guess I am encouraged by what I have been reading from the Gnostic perspective. But when I look from myself, I can clearly see I could never attain ‘enthronement’ until, essentially, humanity is resolved, which in itself seems an end I can’t even comprehend.

I do see a ‘heaven at hand’, and the material world is like a mirage in between—but who can accept it—it’s like going home while the battle rages? I can’t do that. Everything that I am longs for the salvation of others. I may be a fool. But I don’t sleep at night, and when I don’t, I pray for every tormented soul. I’d wager an eternity that I have already prayed for you.

I pray for our union, when we are all one with God.

Elder Gideon
Site Admin

Greetings Cher

#13 Postby Elder Gideon » Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:22 pm

Shalom Cher!

Great to meet you!

I appreciate the honesty of your introduction and look forward to your surprising yourself with insights worth sharing!

Salvation is neither a noun nor personal: serving ourselves in every other, to the very last being housing a holy spark of Ain Soph, we discover salvation is not personal but collective. By the Sacred Heart of Compassion, we recognize that a salvation that leaves behind other beings is partial. When St. Paul encourages us to "seek a better resurrection", I'm reminded of the energetic difference in gradation between practitioners entering the spiritual life to be 'saved' compared with those who abide in the path for upliftment, encouragement and edification of others.

Enjoy the forum, Cher. While you read and contemplate, wear the attitude that this wisdom is in fact nearer to you in your experience and see what happens. :)

Great meeting you and Shalom!

Elder Michael+

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

Sojourney

#14 Postby Tau Malachi » Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:42 pm

Greetings and welcome Cher –

Salutations in the Light of the Messiah!

If we strive always for a greater self-realization in Christ, or for a “better resurrection,” as St. Paul would put it, we do so in order to be of greater benefit to others – we strive for the realization of “enthronement” not to depart and leave spirits and souls in their bondage, but rather to be as fully empowered as possible to assist and uplift others. Essentially, we cannot give to others what we do not have ourselves, so we seek to receive as much as possible, to actualize and realize our soul to the fullest possible extent, in order to give to others and uplift others – the soul that is fully awake, enlightened and liberated, is in the best position to help, as Adonai Yeshua demonstrates very well.

That said, we may speak something of an open secret – we are meta-dimensional beings, heavenly and earthly, and that Divine Self enthroned is our True Self here and now, the Divine I Am; the eight stages in the self-realization process represent the actualization and realization of that Divine and Supernal Being, the embodiment of the Divine I Shall Be.

More than that, however, “enthronement” implies that we are at rest, no longer the doer, but that Christ and the Holy Spirit is the doer, moving with, in and through us, and perchance even manifesting as us, to engage in the harvest of souls. So within and behind all of this there is a bit different view – the view of our innate perfection in Christ, the Human One of Light.

Now it must be said that the Divine I Am has a very different vision of this world, of all realms, worlds and universes of sentient existence – we seek this Great Vision, the vision of the Risen Christ, and the peace and joy, knowledge and power, that it grants; in this we become empowered to be of the greatest possible benefit, abiding in a spiritual labor for the people, for all our relations, all beings.

*To the Divine I Am, the world is sacred as it is.

No, indeed, in love and compassion we would not seek our personal salvation at the expense of leaving one single spirit, one single soul, bound up in sorrow and suffering; yet, it must also be said that we are not the sole laborers in the fields of this harvest of souls and as we sojourn in the Way and come to various works others enter to take up our former work – such is the Path of the Great Ascension. Whatever the labor we are given to do, that we will do, and when we are called to other works, so we shall take them up, all as the Spirit and Powers call us to do, all according to what our soul was fashioned to do, our mission.

In the tradition it is taught that we will become Christ-bearers to other worlds as Yeshua is to our own – this is our noble ideal and aspiration, to embody this Light-presence and Light-power, and to let it shine in the world in which we dwell, now and throughout all time.

May the Light of the True Cross illuminate all realms, worlds and universes of the Entirety; amen.

Blessings & shalom!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

sabathiel

introduction

#15 Postby sabathiel » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:00 pm

Greetings to all seekers!
I have been searching for more than 20 years, and I can tell to all younger seekers the simple truth. If I had found this teachings 20 years ago, it would have saved me much confusion, desperation, loss of time and money. The wisdom and practical knowledge, given in the spirit of Love and true devotion, is a precious jewel given to all of us as a gift. This is a unique and perfect school of the soul. Once one open its treasure box, one need not look anywhere else. Well, maybe you could use some yoga asanas, and maybe tai chi and chi gong practices, but not more.
open your hearts and minds and receive the loving truth coming from this wisdom pages. For myself I know I have come home. :D
In the World, but not of it.

Sherry

#16 Postby Sherry » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:38 am

Greetings and welcome to the online community of Sophia Fellowship, may you enjoy all the topics that are available to you. Yes, it does feel like home! Blessings and Shalom, Sherry

sheryl
Site Admin

Re: introduction

#17 Postby sheryl » Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:49 pm

Welcome sabathiel!

If I had found this teachings 20 years ago, it would have saved me much confusion, desperation, loss of time and money. The wisdom and practical knowledge, given in the spirit of Love and true devotion, is a precious jewel given to all of us as a gift.

Well said. I think more than one of us here would be in agreement with you!

Shalom.

Sheryl

sabathiel

being like a child

#18 Postby sabathiel » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:43 am

I know now what is it like to become like a child again. Surfing all these posts I feel like a child in a candy shop. I would eat everything at once. But I decided to take my time and humbly, slowly, passionately enjoy the fruits of Wisdom. Bless you for these gifts.
In the World, but not of it.

tonybellah

#19 Postby tonybellah » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:11 pm

Greetings Brothers and Sisters in Wisdom,My name is Tony Bellah ,I began my life in the Church of Christ,was a member of the Royal Rangers as a child and teen,kind of a Christian boy Scouts Group,at a time when I was filled with the spirit I prayed ,and the spirit said if you could ask for anything from your father knowing that it will be granted what would you ask? I have to admit that I was a teenager and as insane as you can get without a net,but anyway,I asked for Wisdom,for a long time I was led across the country,back and forth,living on the edge of poverty and well below,I was taken to the Homeless and the hopeless from Orlando to San Diago,From Labor Pooles to soup kitchens in Missions without names,eventually I was led back home again through a family members passing,I met my wife and started a family,I have two fine Sons and two Beautiful Daughters,I happened to be researching my lineage and came across the flute in variouse early forms and started my journey there,that led me to Shamanism,I have always had a deep connection to animals and nature and it seemed a natural course to take for me,well there came a point in my training where I am required to seek within,that led me here,I came accross the writtings of Hermes Tismagistus,pardon my spelling please,kinda helped link the two together for me as far as Christianity and Shamanism,then I read the lost books of the bible,and things just clicked like walking through a door that you had been pushing on,it seemed that for the most part the bible as it is taught is a primer and when we grow in Maturity and still seek the light then the higher interpretations are understood,but its different,when I first heard how the world and the universe and beyond were explained in the Gnostic Bible it was like well of course,everything made sense,but in a weird way,like I had known it all along and that veil was lifted from my mind,and I am so close to the next one that I can feel the flutter of the veil,I recently started an online course of studies with the Magdalene Circle of the Mystic and Gnostic Christian Church,Brother Yonah is very patient,I hope to complete my course soon,but I think that I may study the tree of life for years and still only have an incling,so much to learn,the names are very unfamiliar,like learning the name for tree when your 40,I hope to be a good initiate ,the more I learn the more I yearn to know the truth in all things in the hope that I may do good works for the light that we may all shine in his eyes.

pat

Tony Bella

#20 Postby pat » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:48 pm

Welcome and Blessings in the Virgin of Light, Tony Bella,
This a wonderful and auspicious time to be studying and practicing the Teachings.

This day of Wnter Solistice is an end of a cycle and the emerging and revealation of the light within and without us in the next Solar Year;
coinciding with last night's Lunar Eclipse, which has not happened in
400 years, makes it a powerful time to make shifts in our consciousness and our own lives.

It is wonderful that you are studying with Brother Yonah!
Yes,it may take life times to know the Tree of Life :) Take it at your own pace and enjoy.

Thank you for writing and sharing your experiences on this day.
Blessings and Shalom
Pat

Wadegirl

Hello From KCMO

#21 Postby Wadegirl » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:47 pm

Hello everyone. My name is Christian and I'd like to introduce myself. I've been married for almost 6 years to a wonderful, supportive man and we have two cats together. A tortie named Serafina and a black cat named Merlina. I have been studying Wicca for a few years but I'll start at the beginning. I grew up in a Christian household and we went to this non-denominational church. Of course these churches seem to be forming their own denomination so maybe they should come up with a different name. Anywho, I was drifting apart from the teachings of that church; they just didn't make sense anymore and freethought seemed to be discouraged. Well, I became an atheist and was a happy one for about 9 years. However, Buddhism was beginning to speak to me but the day I took my refuge vows, it just felt funny and not quite right. I eventually got involved in Wicca. Through all this, at times Gnosticism held an appeal to me and I finally found a book called the Gnostic Gospel of St. Thomas. I've been really enjoying it and I'm wishing to learn more and perchance follow this path. I look forward to interacting with you all.
In Love and Reason,

Christian

pat

Hello from KCMO

#22 Postby pat » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:33 pm

Hello Christian,
Welcome to our onlline community.
It is good to meet you. Relax and enjoy the wealth of Teachings and Practices on the forum.
Blessings
Pat

Wadegirl

#23 Postby Wadegirl » Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:10 am

Hey Pat,

Thanks. I look forward to hanging around here and learning the Gnostic way.
In Love and Reason,

Christian

Yonah

#24 Postby Yonah » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:09 pm

Welcome Christian!
Shalom,
Yonah
EPS Columbus Gathering

Cyd

GooD blessings to all

#25 Postby Cyd » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:47 pm

I am Chris.
I am a Hoodoo Practitioner,My Spiritual Back ground is in Umbanda
Wich a Brazilian Spiritual Tradition Based on yuruban,Allen Kardec Spiritism and Brazilian Indian Spirituality. One Saying in Umbanda is to Learn from all Masters Jesus was indeed one. I am here to learn the True Jesus and the Sophia Tradition when i been reading The Living Gnosis and it Calls to me
and Brought me here. I am also an intuitive. I look forward to Learning

jo1952

Hello!

#26 Postby jo1952 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:33 pm

Hello. My name is Jean. I am here due to Sheryl's influence. We met on the Internet while involved with religious apologetics. My purpose for joining your forum is to continue seeking Truth wherever I can find it.

I was raised a Lutheran, joined the LDS Church at the age of 22 (nearly 38 years ago...go ahead and do the math....sigh), became involved in apologetics about three years ago, and now I find myself drawn here. I hope you will be patient with me as I am only familiar with some of your terminology as learned from Sheryl's posts. I recognized her wisdom, spirituality, and her love from the first post I read from her.

I have many questions to ask about your beliefs and your tradition; and will be comparing them with mine. I have found through my postings with Sheryl, that we share many of the same beliefs....though we sometimes have different labels for them. There also are some beliefs which I currently do not agree with; but also admit up front that I am ignorant about their details and how they look.

I am so excited to be able to participate on a site that is non-confrontational; but rather tries to edify, share experiencing of the Divine, and rejoice in their love for God and for one another. This is fertile ground to be able to learn in.

Blessings to all!!
Mat 22:37-39

37 ... Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 ... Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Cyd

Welcome jo1952

#27 Postby Cyd » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:53 am

I am New here also I have Read most of the form and its amazing
I like the None Confrontational as well the Open Mindedness

Elder Sarah
Site Admin

Welcome!

#28 Postby Elder Sarah » Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:27 am

Shalom Chris,

Welcome to our online community, it is wonderful to have you join us!

May your journey be Blessed and may the Mother Spirit shine light on your exploration!

Many Blessings and Shalom!
Elder Sarah+

Elder Sarah
Site Admin

Welcome!

#29 Postby Elder Sarah » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:00 am

Shalom Jean,

We welcome you to our online community! It is wonderful to have you join us!

In becoming familar with the terminology of the Tradition, I have found over the years, it is best to open the heart and allow the heart to feel and know the language and from there the rest of us can take it up! It sounds like you are touching into this place in your explorations with Sister Sheryl.

May the Mother Spirit empower and shine light upon your journey!

Many Blessings and Shalom!
Elder Sarah+

Cyd

Thank you

#30 Postby Cyd » Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:21 pm

Bright Blessings to you Elder Sarah.

I have Reading alot on the forum and in the Book Living Gnosis I can't seem to put the book down and Stop reading its that Minding Opening this forum
Too. I am Becoming not afraid of the true Teaching i think Originality i was
so afraid of the Orthodox and Evangelical Fundamentalist Views that every Time even herd the word Christian it was a Mixture of Fear and Anger Now
the Sophian is showing a whole new outlook. I even have been Putting some
of the Core Practices into Daily life

Cyd

Geetings i am back

#31 Postby Cyd » Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:55 pm

Hello all

I am back to this Beloved spiritual Family. been busy with things

Much blessings

daniel512

Re: Greetings & Welcome!

#32 Postby daniel512 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:41 pm

Hi, my names Daniel I'm from Asheville NC. I just wanted to say how thankful I am that this well of wisdom has been revealed. I have been searching and grasping for some kind of structure to my beliefs but could find nothing that clicked. I decided to accept Christianity as my path and thought that I would be standing alone. When I accepted that I am alone, and became Ok with it, I ran across "Gnosis of the Cosmic Christ" and its words are very natural for me. Questions I have are being answered and it is wonderful! Once again thank you everyone for sharing these Truths and this wisdom. I pray that I may be prepared and purified when my teacher comes to me, and that I may receive a blessing of the Grace of Holy Sophia to continue towards the Light.

Many thanks, and Blessings to everyone.
-Daniel

Brother Brian

#33 Postby Brother Brian » Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:50 am

Shalom and welcome to the forums Daniel! Good to hear from you brother!
May Mother Spirit Bless you and your family!
Shalom
Brother Brian

daniel512

#34 Postby daniel512 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:11 pm

Forgive me. Rather I pray that we all receive a blessing of Mother Spirit to continue towards the Light.

-daniel

Rholdee

#35 Postby Rholdee » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:51 am

Hello Good day!

First of all I would like to say 'thank you' all for accepting me here in this forum. I am Joseph Albert Rholdee Lagumbay (But just feel free to call me Rholdee), and I am from the Philippines. I was born and raised as a Catholic, but questions started to arouse since I was 6 years old. I started questioning the existence of everything. I really felt that something was not right.

I was an atheist, but God tickled my heart when I studied metaphysics. It really opened up a new horizon to me when I started to understand the connection between everything in this Universe. The science I worshiped showed me the path to knowing God.

Right now I consider myself a Gnostic Theist, I believe in God inside our hearts (Chakras as well), and that the human body is the temple of God. I do not go to church, and I do not have a religion. For me, the day I moved a step away from religion, was the day I moved a step closer to God. I do not also look at the 'errors' in peoples faith, but rather look at the good in every religion and meditate deep within my heart. I do believe that the mysteries we wish to understand are found within us. I do believe in the Alchemy of Self Transformation. I also really have a strong belief about Jesus, being a misunderstood teacher by many. I believed that what he preached was just like what other holy men from the east have preached, only re-phrased and reproduced in the west. I do believe that the next step towards the evolution of Mankind is to become one with God.

A year ago, me and my friends joined a "Mystery School", that later we found out that was fraud. They charge us big amount of money for the teachings and they are selling books that doesn't have copyright. That's when I read first the name Tau Malachi in his book about St. Mary Magdalene. It was a blessing in disguise for me because it lead me here.

I really want to help spread the light of Gnosticism in our country and help others to become free from ignorance. I want other atheists to see the light in a different perspective, and not in a religious way based on the mainstream point of view in church-hood. I want those who are seekers like me discover their own light within.

Right now we have created a small Gnostic group in our city, just a couple of friends who exchange Ideas and literature regarding Gnosticism topics. The only problem we have is because we are just few and our beliefs are not like masses, we couldn't get much support from the community. I am very happy that with this forum, I can share with them what I can learn and I would encourage them to also join in.

Brothers and Sisters, heart is full of joy today that finally I have found a place where I belong.

Thank you so much.

With love and respect,

Rholdee
Mary said, “Unless you know the kingdom in you, you will not see it outside of you; unless the Anointed indwells you, you will not find the Anointed in the world.”

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#36 Postby Tau Malachi » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:31 am

Greetings and blessings, it is good to see you here Rholdee!

Peace be with you,
Malachi

Rholdee

#37 Postby Rholdee » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:58 am

Thank you for the warm welcome!

:)
Mary said, “Unless you know the kingdom in you, you will not see it outside of you; unless the Anointed indwells you, you will not find the Anointed in the world.”

Frances E

#38 Postby Frances E » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:54 pm

Hello everyone,
I am so happy and grateful to join this community. I have been searching for, and being sought (as we all are) by the Divine, especially in the form of Sophia, for a long long time. When I was a little girl, my prayers were so simple and powerful - because I think as children we are very pure. I would pray for a long list of people, and sing to God with a trembling voice. Then, at the end of my prayer, I would say to God, "You must get real lonely up there, adults and kids asking you for things and praying to you, but forgetting all about how you feel. God, please bless yourself too." I would see then an image of Jesus under a large tree, and me running to him in my little first communion dress. In this image, he would embrace me and lift me up in his arms. I think this is a prayer we forget, just doing things in devotion and in service of God.

When I was twenty two years old, I was living on a Native reservation in Canada, working with traditional indigenous peoples in ceremony. I started having dreams about Sophia, hearing words like "Christos, Logos, Anointed One." One day, after I had been receiving these dreams and messages, I decided to go on the computer and google all this collection of words I had been hearing. Up comes the Gnostic Gospel of Sophia. I had never heard of Sophia, as I was raised Catholic but in a family not focused on religion. What I read, was all the dreams and messages I had been receiving for 15 years in a single text. I was stunned, and did not know what to think or do. I also did not know about the Gnostic Gospels in any detail.

Its been a humbling journey since this point. It has again opened me up to a child-like innocence and wonder. It also brings a lot of questions in my soul. Who was Christ? Sophia? How is it they reach out to us in our comings and goings in daily life? I do know that this world has a lot more mystery to it than I ever thought. There is so much to learn. I am not very intellectual when it comes to spirituality, but I have a strong devotion and a mystical connection that I cannot explain.

On a daily basis, I am a hospice social worker and mother of a 3 year old boy who has had 21 surgeries. He is an amazingly gifted child and very compassionate in his soul. I am very worn out in my daily duties of working full time and being a single mother. I need God to fill my cup, so that I can contribute to helping in a small or large way to be one of the many needed to help bring heaven to earth Thy Kingdom Come and have my will be also the will of the Divine.
I want to learn from all of you, and make a shift in my life so I am not so exhausted emptying my cup all the time and forgetting the importance of having it be filled.

I am also a writer, and am working on a book (a spiritual memoir)
and I'm originally from, and have moved back to Wisconsin after years of living other places.
I am very grateful this forum exists, and thank you for all who contribute towards it.
Many, many blessings
Frances

sheryl
Site Admin

#39 Postby sheryl » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:03 pm

Shalom dear friend!

Welcome to our community and thank you for sharing with us the intimacies of your journey. i am moved to hear of your faith and devotion.

There is much to feast on in here. And many friends to walk with us. I pray that your seeking brings much fruitfulness.

Have you had a chance to look at the spiritual practicing recommended on the home page of our website? Suggested practices can be found under the Gnostic Path tab at the top of the page, daily practicing designed to put us into contact with deeper aspects of self, even the Source of our Being and the wellspring of Life. It is through such contact that we are filled with the light and strength that carries us through life, also drawing us nearer to God.

Also, the Elders of our lineage lead a chat each Tuesday night at 6 PM Pacific Time. If you are able to join us, the instructions on how to do so can be found at this link: http://sophian.org/chat_skype.html

Please enjoy walking through the teachings found here - the abundant blessings with which Mother Spirit has gifted us. And feel free to ask any questions that arise. There are many other sojourners here who would delight in exploring the teachings with you.

May you continue to be blessed in your seeking. May your faith and devotion continue to grow.

You and your son are in our prayers.

Sheryl

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#40 Postby Tau Malachi » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:34 am

Greetings and welcome Frances, it is good to see you here!

You and your little one will, indeed, be in our prayers.

Shalom!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Frances E

a starting point

#41 Postby Frances E » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:53 am

Hello and good morning to you all. I am seeking some guidance. I feel Gnosticism is my spiritual path to God, its where my dreams and visions have lead me. I have been exposed to so many types of spirituality. I was raised Catholic, moved to a Native American Reservation in Canada as a young woman, where the Native people practiced traditional medicine and ceremony, came back to the USA three years later and married (and divorced) a Hindu priest….its been a lot of deep exposer. During these years, Sophia was calling to me in my dreams, in my life in general. I have always felt there was a hidden, deeper path but I didn't know where to find it. I have been very hurt by some of these past experiences and people, and want a more direct path to the Great Creator than I felt previously.
I feel disconnected from the spiritual lately. I am working a lot and taking care of my little son, and I don't know where to begin. I feel like I don't even know how to pray, because I am afraid of saying the wrong thing. I want a true and sincere connection to God. I just feel like I need a daily practice to help me do this. I don't have one.
Does anyone have any suggestions?

Frances

Brother Brian

#42 Postby Brother Brian » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:25 am

Shalom Frances

This practice here ( http://www.sophian.org/primordial_meditation.html ) May Mother Spirit bless you this day! You and your little one will be in our prayers. If you need anything please feel free to ask and remember rather then focusing on words for a prayer just focus upon your breath and how you are connected to God through this breath. You will feel a blessing just reading this practice!

Shalom
Brother Brian

Frances E

#43 Postby Frances E » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:38 am

Thank you Brother Brian!

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#44 Postby Tau Malachi » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:46 am

Greetings and blessings in the Holy Light of the Messiah!

I'd also suggest one of the "Union with Partzuf" practices taught in the main website, joined with heartfelt prayer. Joined with this, it can also be good to have a short session of study and contemplation each day, a good thought to carry with you.

Shalom,
Malachi
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

BertBarBrad

Re: Happy To Be Here

#45 Postby BertBarBrad » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:55 pm

Greetings! Shalom! I come in peace, as they say. My journey brings me here from an initial early experience of Christ-nature (Fisher-king wound if you will) in the works of Paramhansa Yogananda, through a long period wandering in the proverbial desert, turned off to Christianity entirely by my experiences within my family's Presbyterian megachurch, and finally following a long, slow re-awakening to that which always drew me to the Yeshua mythos in the first place. I have my excellent spiritual friend Ed to thank for turning me on to some of the first 'Jesus-y' books I allowed myself to get into in several years, particularly 'Jesus: A Revolutionary Biography' by J.D. Crossan and The Heart of Christianity by Borg. Those books helped re-spark my own inner thirst for Christ-realization, and to convince me after many years of avowed anti-theism and disdain for 'salvationist' religion in general that all the seeds for the radical, Cynical, anti-civ, undomesticated Kingdom of Heaven vision were actually contained within this religion that had come to embody so much of what was wrong with Empire when it emerged.

Maybe I'd better unpack all that - I had read a book several years before called 'The Lost Gospel: The Book of Q and Christian Origins' by Burton Mack, and had retained this sense that the Kernel of Truth within the Jesus mythology, whether that be a historical person or merely a personified set of mystery teachings, was deeply influenced by Diogenes' Cynic movement of joy through simplicity and rejection of the ethic of striving that characterizes worldly conceptions of success. As such I found vindication both for my enduring longing for a closer connection to the fountainhead of Christ-knowledge as well as for my secularly informed (Quinn, Jensen, and Zerzan) opposition to civilization itself. The latter tendency has softened somewhat in recent years. I now mostly think of Empire as synonymous with The Beast of Ultimate Evil or The Great Satan or what-have-you. I recognize that to most people, 'civilization' retains a strongly positive connotation and that the working definition that the aforementioned authors use in opposing it is a bit more specific than how it is commonly used. But to tidy up this tangent: I had only been able to see Christianity, since being co-opted by the same brutal empire that had tortured its Founder to death and systematically slaughtered his followers for centuries, as having taken on the character of that same brutal empire - see the Inquisition, the forceful conversion of natives of the Americas, the convoluted dogmas I was expected to take on faith in my own experience, etc. Suffice to say that there was ample evidence to confirm my bias that Christianity had become a twisted shadow of its Founder's original vision. And the rational attacks on belief in general that I began investigating by authors such as Bertrand Russell ('Why I Am Not A Christian') and Richard Dawkins ('The God Delusion') thus found me quite receptive to the premise that the radical change I so longed for in the world could best be accomplished by the rejection of religion, certainly not through it. So my Christ-thirst was driven underground for a spell, rarely mentioned in my radical activist circles, but fueling (at least for me) the compassion and hunger for justice that characterized my work in that milieu.

Over the years, I continued to be shown glimmers of hope for the Christian tradition, and continued to get my hopes up each time, with varying degrees of disillusionment as I got into the particulars. I discovered and spent some time at Koinonia, a truly inspiring (at least in theory) Christian farming community in southwest Georgia that had been dedicated to embodying a "test plot for the Kingdom of God" since its founding by Clarence Jordan in the late '40s. It's best known either for Jordan's 'Cotton Patch Gospels', which were later made into a musical, or its spinoff ministry Habitat For Humanity which was begun there by Jordan and Millard Fuller and only later championed by Jimmy Carter (who still lives and teaches Sunday School a few miles away in Plains). Anyway, I went there with high hopes of merging my long-standing dreams of becoming either a farmer or a monk; and left feeling both inspired by the land itself, the vision of its charismatic founding prophet, and several of the people I met; as well as disillusioned by the conventional theology of their common practice and what I learned from some of the most inspiring of them about the direction of the current leadership. I continue to hold out hope for the project, but don't see a place for myself there for the foreseeable future. It was like a microcosm of my experience of wanting so badly to be able to give myself completely to the Church, only to find too much wrong with it to do so without offending my Soul.

I found the Jesus Radicals website, and began accumulating books with provocative titles such as 'Radical: Taking Your Faith Back From The American Dream' (by David Platt) and 'The Irresistible Revolution: Living As An Ordinary Radical' (Shane Claiborne) but not really reading them beyond the point where both their Church affiliation and prophetic call to redemption of that Body became clear. Again, more evidence that Christianity wasn't this monolithic slow-moving entity I'd experienced it as, but still no fundamentally different take on it that rang as true to me as Self-Realization Fellowship had in my teens.

Enter Gnosis. I hit a real low point in my life a few years back, where all my paths seemed to have culminated in one massive dead end composed of a thousand failed forays: into marriage and parenthood, into divorce and polyamory, into a quasi-office job, into freelance permaculture design and implementation, into voluntary simplicity and intentional community, never achieving any significant or lasting success in any of them. My life had been grinding to a screeching halt for nearly a decade when my mother pointed me in the direction of Ayahuasca.

Talk about a Peak Experience! My first taste of the bitter vine was a literal Revelation. So many conundrums were resolved on the altar of Direct Experience of the Divine, so much self-recrimination and other-blaming fell away as useless and illusory. So much of that ever-present weight of failure and inadequacy simply burned away in the Flame of Knowledge. For the first time in my life I felt not-depressed, and that buzz never really subsided -- until I took a hit off my friends' pipe a couple days later without allowing for full integration. Still, I longed to get back to that place, and have gone back for several more ceremonies over the years. It's been a mixed bag, and has recently seemed to stall out. I kept not quite getting what I came into it looking for, despite having amazing, beautiful experiences. The message that I interpreted was that I hadn't been doing my homework. I needed a steady practice, and I wasn't going to get anything new or deeper from my periodic immersions into Divine Communion until I developed my capacity to hold onto more of what I was getting each time.

This has been my hurdle: I don't concentrate or sit still or silence my mind chatter particularly well. Or develop regular routines very readily. And I'm very failure-averse, so I tend to give up quickly because I just can't handle sucking at something long enough to not suck at it so much anymore. So all the advice I kept getting to "just develop a mindfulness meditation practice" felt vaguely insulting or tone-deaf or something. Kinda like, growing up ADD, when people tell you to "just try harder" or "just pay attention". As in, if it was that easy, don't you suppose I would've figured it out by now? So anyway, I've been trying to find various hacks for allowing me to get more out of the times that I do manage to overcome my trepidation and just sit for a while. LifeFlow, Higher Balance, that sorta thing. Who knows if it actually helps, but it does give me hope that maybe I'm not just spittin' in the wind, spiritually speaking. But I still wasn't really connecting with the imagery and language around the Eastern traditions.

Well, this book 'Original Christianity' by Peter Novak seems to have awakened a sleeping giant of latent gnostic enthusiasm in me. I finally felt like I understood Gospel of Thomas, and it was like this huge light bulb moment for me, that at least within the mystical Christian tradition, there's a continuity with neo-Platonism, hermeticism, Kabbalah, etc. - there may be a lot about early Gnostic Christianity that's been lost forever, but there's all sorts of precursor and follow-up traditions that we do still have, that can flesh out what we have left. And that all these esoteric mystical Eastern concepts do in fact have counterparts in Greek, Hebrew/Aramaic, Latin, French and English. It essentially dawned on me that *my own heritage* contains everything I require to tap into the divine. I can be inspired and edified by Hinduism and Buddhism and Taoism and all that, but it is entirely possible for my core practices and pantheon to come out of the far-more-familiar Mediterranean-and-European traditions that I've grown up trying to wrap my head around. I've had this desire to reclaim what's good about Christianity, and to reconcile my intuitive convictions with the face that the Church has been putting forward since the Schism. Since getting into Gnosticism, I've found a way to identify as a Christian without cringing, and have been able to read and be really inspired by several more conventionally Christian books. And what's more, this time around it's all making a lot more sense. I owe some of that to Alan Moore's 'Promethea' and some of the (other) witchy books I've read courtesy of my Well Adored, as well as 'The Hope' and 'Son Of Man' by Andrew Harvey, 'Finding Our Way Again' by Brian McLaren, 'Forbidden Faith' by Richard Smoley, and the Johannite book 'Sanctuary of the Sacred Flame' by Father Anthony Silvia. That gave me a little taste of one flavor of an active, reconstructed Gnostic tradition in modern times, but there were some aesthetic and theological issues for me. I had been planning to apply for their seminary, but didn't really feel at home within some of their language and practice. That, and it became apparent that training for the priesthood would be wildly premature. It sounds like a fun vision of my future life, but I'm not there yet. Eager, but not yet ready. Ideally I should be able to sit still first.

At which point I kept looking, and found this Sophian tradition. Which, so far, I am absolutely eating up. I love the foundation in Christian Kabbalah, and the gender-balanced trinity/tetrad, and pretty much everything I've seen so far. I hope to be able to really dig in and make some discernible progress within this tradition. My working theory is that I haven't been able to do so in any of these other traditions due to some nagging feelings that they weren't really a good fit. And when the time is right, I'd like to be able to get a study group or Circle going here in Atlanta. I see us being ready for one, but there's really nothing of the sort here now, despite having sometimes as many as 3 churches to an intersection. And from there, I hope to found a Christian-centric Interfaith Theotropist Monastery on the banks of the Chattahoochee. But first things first.

I look forward to learning all I can, and contributing as I'm able.

Peace,
Bert
Last edited by BertBarBrad on Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sheryl
Site Admin

#46 Postby sheryl » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:52 pm

Shalom Bert and welcome to our online community!

I am glad that you found some resonance with our teachings. Please feel free to ask any general questions you might have about our lineage and its teachings here in this thread, or specific questions in the appropriate thread.

We are a Wisdom Tradition, led by an Apostle of Light, drawing to us those who are ready to walk the path of purification necessary for liberation. This forum serves as a medium for sharing and discussing our outer teachings. We also have a chat led by our Elders on Tuesday evenings at 6 PM California time. If you are interested, instructions on how to join can be found by clicking here.

Our study groups around the world are led by our Deacons, who are initiated as such by a lineage holder after completing our mentoring program. An aspiration to be a Deacon is a good thing, for those who have the passion and desire for journey.

I can identify with what you have shared about meditation, not being able to find the right resonance to allow for a deeper sitting. From my own experience, this was because I was looking for something for myself, which is not how true spirituality works. Thus we teach daily spiritual living - study , contemplation, and practicing for its own sake, for the love of simply doing it. Not looking for any particular outcome or result, just for the pure joy of drawing nearer to God.

Recently our Tau has been teaching an essentialized, simplification, of daily spiritual living, offering a deeper, yet simpler, understanding of Partzufim meditations, one of our foundational practices. You can find the discussions in our Gnostic Path: Spiritual Life & Practice thread. Perhaps you will find them interesting and helpful.

May you be blessed in your seeking.

Shalom!

Sheryl

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#47 Postby Tau Malachi » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:41 am

Greetings, and welcome to our online community dear brother!

Quite the journey you have been on in this life; hard to imagine the journey of a soul through many lives, given all that may transpire in just one. In just one, it seems we live many lives if the full story were told.

I pray the Gnostic Path as taught in our lineage might be of benefit to you in your journey, and that you might come to know that God is with you. The very essence of the Gnostic Path is the development of our interior life, direct experience of God, an actual spiritual realization in Christ - the experience of God Consciousness; and through inner works and good works we accomplish this, with the help of God. It is from the development of our interior life that we can be of true service and benefit to others, and teach and guide them on the Path of Return, and therefore for anyone who feels they may have a call to teach, or generate a study group in our lineage, this becomes their focus - a conscious evolution through the spiritual life and spiritual practice.

The Gnostic Path is not a religion, in the sense of a creed and doctrine we believe and to which we convert, but rather it is a spirituality of direct experience - a mystical spirituality, and there is a play of an energetic transmission in it, initiation, blessings and empowerments; the most important teachings shared are experiential.

At the outset, it cannot be said what God wills for you with our lineage and tradition dear brother. It's rather like going out on a first date when a person first approaches us. On a first date, who can say if the two might marry, and even if they could, and it was healthy to do so, who could say if they were to marry where it would carry them? On a certain level, our way is just that intimate, and it relies on the development of a very close spiritual friendship, discipleship, just as in the circle of Yeshua and the apostles after him; first there is acquaintanceship, then perhaps friendship, and if God wills it, perhaps a close, or best friendship - but such things take time, and a walk together with God.

I look forward to your participation in our online community brother, at to getting acquainted with you.

I wish you well in your journey; you are in my heart and my prayers.

Shalom Aleichem!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

BertBarBrad

#48 Postby BertBarBrad » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:40 pm

Amen to that. The religion-vs-spirituality distinction is one I never really feel like I have a solid grasp of. I guess my position on it, such as it is, is that religion is intended to exist for two primary purposes: firstly that of binding a people together, as through a common mythos, jargon, set of symbols, practices, etc. But it's also supposed to serve to grease the skids for those people's spiritual development. And in my experience religious communities have all too often fallen down on the second function. Like, you're allowed to grow only within certain narrowly construed parameters, and any growth outside the approved area of consensus truth is liable to get you shamed if not shunned. I'm trying not to feel utterly fed up with religion as a whole, because I continue to believe that there is a very important baby that would get thrown out with all that bath water (to borrow a Ken Wilber formulation). But I'm definitely hoping I have found -- and can meaningfully contribute to -- a community in which the latter function is taken seriously.

I feel good about this one, but I recognize that it's early yet. I suppose I tend to get ahead of myself. Which can have its advantages, but the ratio of those to drawbacks improves with greater discipline and self-awareness. Which are qualities I hope to develop on this phase of my journey, and which this tradition seems well-equipped to help me attain. Tailor-made to, I'd be tempted to say. The naked truth of it is that I've been longing for a spiritual community I could confidently and comfortably call home since I was all of 8. I've felt like a perpetual outsider since before then (5). So it stands to reason that by this point that may all come off, in terms of your metaphor, as something akin to a desperate (and socially awkward) spinster, frantic to know before the entrees have even been ordered whether her blind date likes the same baby names. I can see how that would be off-putting, and I'll do my best to dial back any excess evident enthusiasm. I like to believe that too much of a good thing is a relatively pretty great problem to have, but I can and will work to keep it from being problematic nonetheless.

So in keeping with Operation Play It Cool, I hereby keep this response under a page.

And to all a good night,
Bert

christopher

#49 Postby christopher » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:14 pm

Hello my Name Christopher , Just wanted to say hello , I Joined this forum to talk with other who have adeep love for Sophia and the healing power Of love faith and wisdom from on high ,
Also there is no one ,I know who I can talk too about faith wisdom so become's a'very lonely road to travel on ,

I had found S A W web site on gnosticteachings , as I listened to the Lectures For me found it was based on fear and dogma ,
where's the grace and love ? most of all where is the works of the holy spirit" ? for it is by grace we have been saved though fatih " After doing reseach came across this forum .

Also there keep talking about rising the Kundalini / And not having sex , found there teachings too be so mixed up and like a cult !
Really put me off , There teach by fear, And as we "know there is no fear in the love from on high"

So would really like too share and part take and learn with people who have a love for Sophia and her light ,

peace , Love , faith ,

Christopher ,

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#50 Postby Tau Malachi » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:50 pm

Blessings to you Christopher!

Glad to see you here, and I hope our online community might be of some benefit to you in your journey.

Shalom!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Return to “Welcome, Introductions & General Questions”