Drunk with the Beloved

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

Drunk with the Beloved

#1 Postby Tau Malachi » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:09 pm

My Beloved had much wine last night, and She became drunk. I know this because She revealed many deep mysteries.

I, too, had much wine; I know this because great mysteries were revealed.

The feast of bread and wine is very good!

Hallelu Yah!
Tau Malachi
Sophia Fellowship
Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

sheryl
Site Admin

#2 Postby sheryl » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:42 pm

Thank you, dear Tau, for sharing of your delight.

It brings a deeper understanding of what is spoken at the Wedding Feast:

Blessed are you, Adonai, Holy One of Being, who brings forth the fruit of the vine from the earth, which makes glad the heart of the human one; blessed are you, Adonai.

Shabbat Shalom.

Sheryl

BrandonLw

Filled with Life

#3 Postby BrandonLw » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:21 pm

How delightful!

I just read something that reminds me of this very post! I was recently reading a collection of Rabbi Nachman's stories, and came upon the "The King and the Emperor." In this story, the emperor's daughter overcomes klippah and subjugates evil with wine (joy). In one note it reads,

It is also written that the grapevine said, "Should I then stop producing wine, which gives joy to God and man?" (Judges 9:13) Rabbi Nachman explicity writes that wine brings about joy, which can repel the powers of evil... Rabbi Nachman also teaches that wine is the joy of Torah, especially the Oral Torah, which is the emperor's daughter.

Wine and joy were a central part in the success and exaltation of the emperor's daughter!

Lord, may our hearts be filled with joy and the passionate presence of Shekinah! May we overflow with abundant life!

Heavymetalgamer

Re: Drunk with the Beloved

#4 Postby Heavymetalgamer » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:55 pm

That's very interesting, I recently started reading about the Gnostic path in Living Gnosis and have suddenly acquired a love for wine, I have no idea why either. I remember me and a group of friends went to Apple bee's for a friends bday and I had a glass of merlot while my alcoholic friend (note I rarely drink) had a chardeney (spelling?) and after me and him got like a bottle of wine each from basha's and we both drank our bottles while playing a few board games with the bday girl, her bf and 3 of our friends and me and my alcoholic friend (who drinks more often then I do) got totally hammered lol it was a fun time.

BrandonLw

#5 Postby BrandonLw » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:09 pm

Seeing this post again (and grateful for that), I wonder... who is the Beloved you speak of? What is the wine She partakes in? What is "much wine" that reveals mysteries?

May there be abundant peace and deliverance for all beings. Shalom!

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#6 Postby Tau Malachi » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:41 am

Greetings Brother Brandon, and blessings in the Light of the Messiah!

This is a poem about hitbodedut, deep prayer and meditation, and on this occasion the Beloved is the Holy Shekinah, the Indweller (or is Sophia, Wisdom), and the "wine" is the Holy Spirit. In deep meditation, when we rest the mind in it's own intrinsic nature, and the Holy Spirit moves and we gaze into the mysteries, so insights and illuminations arise. It is a very intimate communion in the Messiah and Shekinah of the Messiah - gnosis, da'at, spiritual knowledge is aquired in this way.

Your earlier observation from the Rebbe's stories also applies, for such meditation, contemplation, brings much joy, pure delight in the mysteries of creation and God.

Blessed are those who arise at midnight to study and contemplate Torah and Gospel in this way, for the angels, and the Holy Shekinah herself, will instruct those souls.

Not exactly a night out drinking!

Shalom
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Misty

#7 Postby Misty » Fri May 24, 2013 7:56 am

I've came across this a few times as I search through the forums but it never hit me as hard as it just did. I've spent time with our Shekinah and she has blessed me thoroughly. Although lately I've really felt her fiery spirit upon me and in the end I find my senses have indulged and the world around seems to be different and new. This post seems to be a sort of heart song for me one that feels secret and revealed at the same time. I'm very appreciative to have found it again and thank you for sharing.

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#8 Postby Tau Malachi » Fri May 24, 2013 8:17 am

Shalom -

It is interesting how the appearance of the world and life change as our consciousness is uplifted. It seems that many of our perceptions, interpretations, are much more subjective than we realize, and the Mother Spirit has a delightful way of revealing this to us.

May the Spirit continue to bless and anoint you!

Malachi

Return to “Spiritual Experiences, Poetry, Prayers & Inspiration”