Threefold Rite

Anna

Threefold Rite

#1 Postby Anna » Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:43 am

Blessings of Light and Life to all!

Last Sunday Mother blessed our Study Group here in Virginia with a lovely and profound experience of the Three-Fold Rite of Initiation.

We are a small group, only four of us, and we have been growing together in the Spirit for some time now during our studies of the Gospel of Thomas. Life has been quite challenging for all of us lately, but we have striven to come together as often as possible for worship and to share our contemplations.

We met early in the cool morning at my mother's lake house, which is on the market but still has not sold. As I set up for the ceremony there were a couple groups of ducks floating placidly on the opposite side of the cove where our little beach is. The crows seemed quite excited and kept calling until we began our walk from the house down to the lake. Victoria, who was celebrating her first anniversary as an initiate, led the way for our aspirants, Penny and Brian.

The lake was calm, with one or two boats off in the distance. The cove rarely sees much wake here as it is well protected by its configuration and by the lake rules which prohibit motor boats from coming too close at high speeds.

All was quiet. The neighbors were not even out in their yards or on their docks. Only the birds and squirrels stirred as we took up our rite. Then, during the invocation over the waters, a big wake suddenly came in to the shore. No boat could be seen or heard, but here were these big, loud waves arising, only to disappear when the invocation was completed. It was astonishing and for me, brought home the message that God's Presence and Power truly are always with us.

There was a calm and quiet power that pervaded the whole Rite. Then, as we sat together afterwards in meditation, the crows took up their chorus again. One flew directly overhead, from south to north, reminding me of the great blessings we are given to share with others through embodiment of the Way.

We left in gratitude and wonder at the power and love of our God.

I thank our Mother for such a blessed and empowering celebration!
I pray that our initiates may grow in grace and love, walking always in beauty and holiness.
May all beings be drawn up in the Great Resurrection and Ascension! Amen!

Shalom!
Anna

BrandonLw

Re: Three-Fold Rite

#2 Postby BrandonLw » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:58 am

Sounds wonderful and mysterious. I appreciate this telling of God's presence moving through the rite. Thank you for sharing the event, it is empowering to hear of.

Shalom

Bevan

Re: Threefold Rite

#3 Postby Bevan » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:21 pm

I too thank you for sharing this uplifting story. The wonderful details helped me enter in: the relational energy of the group, the personal and tranquil location, the nature elements, etc. Praise Mother for the presence of her mystery with you all! Blessings to Penny and Brian in their continued ascent!

Shalom,
Bevan.

Yonah

Re: Threefold Rite

#4 Postby Yonah » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:34 pm

Greetings Sister!
Thank you for sharing. Initiation is always such a wonderful blessing. I pray for you and your friends in the dance of our Mother!
Shalom, Yonah
Shalom,
Yonah
EPS Columbus Gathering

Return to “Spiritual Experiences, Poetry, Prayers & Inspiration”