Of the Feast of the Baptist, 2015

BrandonLw

Of the Feast of the Baptist, 2015

#1 Postby BrandonLw » Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:59 pm

Live gospels, not lives. This is a small portion I would share having recently come from the feast of the Baptist.

First I say, praise the Lord Our God, the Wisdom of Creation and the coming of Messiah. May this year bear good fruit. Blessed are the righteous and Ruach Ha Kodesh among us.

Gospels are fire and light. They beget one another as light begets light and fire begets fire. They add onto, they inspire. They speak and do, and listen.

"Lives" as I have come to know them are maintained: they are kept up, they are damaged, they are lost, they are found, they are owned, they are taken, they are given, they are measured and compared. They can be as a burden for so many, given this mentality.

Yeshua says, "For my yoke is easy and my burden is light" (Matthew 11:30). I wonder how I might tend to a gospel, and let my life be tended to (the boundaries of which I know not anyway). I understand a gospel as stories of inspiration and power, filled with high and low, filled with wonder and vision, added onto the great lineage in God. Walking a gospel, perhaps I may enter the teachings with spiritual self worth as a living gospel, and humble as another one in so many walked before, with, and to come. Good in beginning, middle and end. For it is written, "You are a priest forever in the order of Melchizedek" for all willing to receive.

In my heart, as I am with the students I see through my work as a school teacher, I pray some of this fire comes through, that they are not burdened with the weight of an illusory perception of a life to come, as they are asked the loathsome questions they are often asked as teenagers, but are instead challenged to the spirit of an adventure, unique.

I am humbled by the wonder that is among us, and the righteous with us. Praise God, a bountiful year to you all.

Brandon

Anna

Re: Of the Feast of the Baptist, 2015

#2 Postby Anna » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:09 am

And a bountiful year to you as well!
Thank you, Brandon, for this lovely reminder of living our Gospel, our gift and portion from Yahweh, who is our "portion and cup!"

Shalom!
Anna

Marion

#3 Postby Marion » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:43 am

Shalom Brandon!

I like the distinction you're exploring between gospel and life. In gospel, I'm also hearing miracle. Living one's life as gospel is being aware of the many miracles that are gifted to us by the Holy One every day. I'm also hearing a distinct choice in gospel. A life just happens, but a gospel must be chosen.

This is also bringing up the contemplation of the difference between knowing that God is with you versus walking with God. In any moment in life, we can know that God is with us. That does not necessarily mean that we are walking with God in that moment. In this, there is also a living for something greater than ourselves. If we walk with God, and God takes up our life, naturally it's going to benefit more beings than just ourselves. This seems to be present in the light and fire that you speak of. Because light and fire are, in their nature, expansive and inclusive. It's very difficult to isolate light because it always wants to break free, to touch upon one and all alike! Praise God!

Blessings,

Marion

BrandonLw

#4 Postby BrandonLw » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:40 pm

Praise Our God,

A search in a concordance inspired from your post brings a finding: "bachar" or "choose" appears in reference to God choosing (Adonai be blessed) until a passage in Deuteronomy 30:19 states:

"This day I call the heavens and the earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live"

Until this point, the power of bachar is in reference to the Lord. Here it seems it is given unto the human one, as given to Moses.

The choice of life or death, blessing and curse reminds of the powers given unto the disciples in the Gospels to bind or release sin. As if the power given in the Gospels is the fulfillment of this promise in Deuteronomy, this choice given (and emerging) in the law and fulfilled in the outpouring of Grace. I am curious to hear if there are teachings that may confirm this relationship.

This choice of blessing or curse, life or death, if it is indeed the first "bachar" rendered unto human beings (the rest being of God) brings a focus to choice. As a people in our land and time, we are inundated with choice, told we are free because of our expression of choice (from the options provided). But what if at the heart of all choice is simply the first choice given in Deuteronomy: life, death, blessing or curse. Suppose the disciple's charge to release or retain sin is too the heart of all choice. Will this be bound on earth and heaven or released on earth and heaven?

Imma guide us, Kallah with us, what becomes then of the nexus of choices that we meet in a day? What is the reality display we build with the pebbles of choice in the continual moments?

"A life just happens, but a gospel must be chosen." The passive and active contrast speaks exactly to this call I understood from the feast. We as people are very active, why not be active in pursuing a portion of gospel, of good work, in diverse ways. Praise God for the teaching cycle given of the merging of earth and heaven, inside and outside. This allows me to understand that earth and heaven do not have to contradict (God forbid) but may run and return, and weave. That Grace, time, due diligence may render real fruit.

Time is flowing in one direction for this life, this incarnation, why not entertain a choice in the midst. A choice for life, a choice to perhaps glimpse something as a flash before moving on to the next cycle. I suspect God loves diversity, and this may look very different for us all. Having chosen, I suspect we do not stand alone.

"No, the word is very near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart so you may obey it." Deuteronomy 30:14

Shalom!

Elder Gideon
Site Admin

Aerating

#5 Postby Elder Gideon » Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:23 am

Shabbat Shalom!

I'm very much enjoying this thread you've all drawn out. This Feast of the Baptist is the transition between the incarnation of the Word and its full disclosure by the crucifixion and resurrection of the person of Yeshua Messiah, Blessed Be He.

The Word is the Gospel, the uangleion-εὐαγγέλιον, which enlightens and liberates the one hearing it. Despite the denotation of a book that the word gospel has come to mean, the connotation of this Greek word isn't religious news, but literal news as of that from the mouth of a messenger running to our village to tell us that the approaching enemy has been defeated. Reclaiming this connotation in our experience then supports how apostles speak of their liberation, their gospel, how we too may speak of our liberation, our gospel: the liberation of Matthew, the liberation of Mark, the liberation of Brandon, Anna, and Marion.

How one orients by the hearing that enlightens and liberates is a ceaseless choice, for the fullness the gospel intends must be applied in every context arising in experience. While communing with Sister Star last night, the Mother gifted us a most marvelous insight regarding choice. When one ever moves through a choice for the Gospel, even with any private resistance to it and breaks free through the other side of that choosing, they have integrated the Gospel with such places within that neither heard nor understood what enlightens and liberates. In a word, that inner place was aerated. If-when a similar choice arises again in another point in time and context, one could be discouraged and feel like no progress in the Gospel was ever made. Quite the opposite of the Mother's message: For "this again" to arise is yet another place within oneself in which the gospel will penetrate and aerate. To hear the gospel again and again is to be aerated again and again.

To hear the gospel is to choose the gospel: to choose to forgive, to let go of the past and future, to accept another where they are, to give. Choosing this way is enlightenment and freedom of which religion has no part. As one chooses to hear and answer the news of their deliverance from an approaching enemy, they're doing so in this and future lives. This is the grammar in Hebrew of the verse Brother Brandon quoted from Deuteronomy 30:19: therefore choose life וּבָחַרְתָּ, בַּחַיִּים: u-vaharta ba-hayamim. Note that life is plural: Lives.

In this and every life, may the news of our deliverance reach our ears and be enacted through our lives.

Elder Gideon

Return to “Spiritual Experiences, Poetry, Prayers & Inspiration”