Leaving the Center: A Dream

Mark Daniel

Leaving the Center: A Dream

#1 Postby Mark Daniel » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:00 am

I had a dream last night, and thought it may spark some discussion...

In my dream I am walking through a desert.

I am on my way to hear Yeshua give discourse. The walking is arduous, and I can feel my power dwindling, but I push on with all of the life force I have left, and barely arrive.

I find Yeshua sitting at the center of a circle drawn in the sand. Two close spiritual friends of mine (perhaps my two more dedicated friends) sit down quietly in front of him and wait.

More people begin to arrive. But there is something wrong - many of them are drunk, or high, and I know in the dream that they are coming from some party to discourse. One person is gluttonously eating a whole turkey. And these new arrivals won't sit down. Instead they stand and talk outside of the circle, and behind the back of Yeshua.

I can't believe my eyes! They have such a precious opportunity and they are squandering it. They can't see the master's face, and they are in no condition to hear his words even if they could. I can feel my annoyance raising. I feel disapproval, anger and separation.

Then Yeshua realises that there are people standing behind him. He smiles, and with absolutely no concern simply stands up, and moves to sit on the edge of the circle facing everyone. With ease and grace he begins giving discourse.

When I woke up what struck me was the way Yeshua solved the problem by simply shifting his position in the circle. More specifically, he left the center of the circle and sat on the edge so as to include the spectrum of attendants. To me it felt like he gave up the self-centred perspective of the ego, and in so doing was able to radically accept all of life.

The moral I took today: Nothing can be left out! Everything must be included! And that inclusion can be as easy as shifting my perspective from the center to the edge of the circle in which I live.

Shalom dear brothers and sisters,

Mark-

Anna

Re: Leaving the Center: A Dream

#2 Postby Anna » Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:59 pm

What an intruguing dream, Brother! I enjoyed your insight into perspective that you shared. I am reminded of the scripture verse that says "the sun shines on the good and bad alike." Yeshua, the Sun of God came to shine the Light for all and teaches us to do the same.

I am also reminded of a recent comment by Bishop Yonah that we are all in process and being at peace with ourselves and others wherever we are in process can help us remember to view all as we are in God.

Thank you for sharing this dream. There are many insights to glean from what has been shared here.
Shalom!
Anna

sheryl
Site Admin

#3 Postby sheryl » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:08 am

Nothing can be left out! Everything must be included! And that inclusion can be as easy as shifting my perspective from the center to the edge of the circle in which I live

Shalom Mark!

I very much like this - inclusion of all can be as easy as shifting perspective!

This brings to mind one of the three roots of daily spiritual living and practicing that is often taught - seeing God in all things.

Another teaching to add to what Sister Anna insightfully shared is taking on the perspective that in each individual, it is Christ learning to manifest in and through the circumstances of their life - so all is Christ becoming.

Thank you for sharing!

May we see God in us and all around us.

Sheryl

Mark Daniel

#4 Postby Mark Daniel » Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:39 am

Wonderful resoponses!

Sister Anna, the scripture verse you mention reminds me of a short poem by the sufi master Hafiz:

'Even after all this time,
The Sun never says to the Earth
‘You owe me'.

Look what happens with a love like that.
It lights the whole sky’.

And Sheryl, you mentioned both the root 'remember God in everything', and the notion that Christ is constantly becoming in and through the unfolding of our lives. This is the teaching of being and becoming yes?

And isn’t it interesting how these two aspects of life come together?

It seems to me that by opening to the perfection in each and every moment (remembering God in all things), we perhaps discover some spaciousness in which it is easier to accept the process of our unfolding (and the unfolding of others); and by learning to be more compassionate with our (sometimes unskillful) unfolding, we set the stage to begin seeing the perfection in all things.

Or in other words: in recognizing our Being, we become more accepting of our becoming; and by accepting that we are becoming, we open ourselves to the mystery that everything is already perfect!

So much love to you both for your wise responses!

Thank you for extending a simple dream into several days of wise reflection.

Shalom!

Mark-

Return to “Spiritual Experiences, Poetry, Prayers & Inspiration”