A Dream Discourse on Yod-Yod-Yod

Mark Daniel

A Dream Discourse on Yod-Yod-Yod

#1 Postby Mark Daniel » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:00 am

Good morning all!

I dreamt that a teacher was explaining to me the inner meaning of Yod-Yod-Yod.

He/She explained that each Yod represents an increasing sphere of influence and work. The first Yod relates to my own relationship with God and with my own perfection. The second Yod relates to my work with my circle, with those beings that I am deeply connected to in this particular realm. The third Yod relates to my connection and work with the entirety - with all beings seen and unseen.

The experiential understanding (the feeling) I had was that each Yod was not only meant to direct me to attend to the various spheres of influence that I am a part of (personal, communal and universal), but that each Yod was itself a powerful means of engaging with, and working within, each of these spheres of influence. The Yod itself was the key (and somehow the door, forgive the mysteriousness) to understanding my relationship with this embedded Great Work.

When I woke up I remembered that the 72 Holy Names of God are all composed of three letters. I have already set the intention to take up this practice in March, but haven't yet investigated the names individually. Of course when I looked on the boards I found that the 22nd name is indeed Yod-Yod-Yod (I hadn't encountered this name before my dream), and that this name is related to giving and receiving, and with purifying and perfecting.

If the Spirit moves I would greatly appreciate any insights or intuitions that are evoked by this dream-time discourse. I feel this morning that understanding the power of Yod-Yod-Yod in relationship to myself, my circle and the Universe holds deep importance for the Work I am called to in this life.

Praise God. Praise Truth. Praise Love!

Shalom Shalom.

Mark-

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

Re: A Dream Discourse on Yod-Yod-Yod

#2 Postby Tau Malachi » Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:17 pm

Grace and peace to you in Hayyah Yeshua!

This is an interesting insight into this Name of God that arose in your dream. There is something more to be said of this Name. On one level this is a Holy Name of a threefold blessing, invoking the Holy Light of Atzilut, Supernal Light, into Beriyah, Yetzirah and Asiyah. Thus, the first Yod invokes an influx into Beriyah, the second invokes an influx into Yetzirah, and the third Yod invokes an influx into Asiyah and this world. The universes, and the worlds within them, are blessed and perfected in this way.

In Yod the influxes of the ten Holy Sefirot are contained, and therefore all blessings, spiritual and material; hence, along with what is taught of this Holy Name elsewhere, it is a Name of great blessing, or the activation of great potential or possibility.

Now in the Kabbalah there is a teaching concerning an order of prayer and the invocation of blessings. Before praying for others, or invoking blessings on behalf of others, first one needs to pray for oneself and invoke blessings for oneself, and then one is prepared, and in a position, to engage powerful prayers for others, and invoke blessings for others; hence, in order to give, first we need to receive, initiating a flow of spiritual influxes through us. Your dream expresses an extension of this, first prayers and invocations for oneself, then those who are in one’s life, and then for all one’s relations, the entirety of the world and creation.

Joined with prayers, of course, and grounding them, are holy actions, good works; hence our labors in the world.

This divine action of prayer and invocation can be done on all three levels, spiritual, astral and material, or Beriyah, Yetzirah and Asiyah; when this Name of God is invoked with full devotion, full cleaving, this naturally transpires.

We may also share something else. This Holy Name equals thirty, the number of Lamed, and is an action associated with Lamed, an initiating and driving force of evolution and ascension, the realization of divine sparks - divine potentials.

These are a few thoughts I’m inclined to share, reflecting upon your dream of this Holy Name.

May the blessing of this Holy Name of the Lord be upon you this day, and may it flow from you to all who are around you, and to all ends of the earth, blessing all! Amen.

Shalom Aleichem!
Tau Malachi
Sophia Fellowship
Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Return to “Spiritual Experiences, Poetry, Prayers & Inspiration”