A Dream of Death and Salt

Mark Daniel

A Dream of Death and Salt

#1 Postby Mark Daniel » Sun May 01, 2016 5:58 am

Shabbat shalom everyone!

I had a particularly interesting dream last night that I feel to share.

I dreamt that a Holy Tzaddik was dying. In the dream I went to his house to help him go through the process. When I entered I found him laying in his bed. I went and sat near him and began softly reciting over and over again ‘remember who you truly are’, ‘remember who you truly are’.

Then the Holy Tzaddik opened his eyes, and held out his hand to me, and on his palm was a small amount of crystalized rock salt. He bade me eat it and keep it in my mouth for 30 days.

Of course dream interpretation is extremely personal, but the imagery and the message I thought was interesting enough to share. Perhaps it may provoke a conversation about death, remembrance, and salt? I wonder if anything from tradition might be said about this imagery.

Love and Light brothers and sisters,

Mark Daniel-

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

Re: A Dream of Death and Salt

#2 Postby Tau Malachi » Sun May 01, 2016 9:25 am

Grace and peace to you in Hayyah Yeshua!

So, in dream you were going to help a Holy Tzaddik through their transition, eh? Sounds like the Tzaddik intended to help you through an essential transition before the Tzaddik ascended and departed, no longer to be present with you. That is a lovely dream, and a lovely turn of events. I marvel at the ways of the Spirit of God and how, often, we think we are doing one thing when the Spirit has something very different in mind for us, and how she might even encourage error or folly to bring us into a place where she can engage a greater divine action with us. Truly, it is amazing! Praise God!

This dream speaks such truth. Living Tzaddikim are a relatively rare commodity in this world, and by the time they coming into being in this world and fully embody the Light-presence and Light-power their time is limited with us - they are dying. Thus, if encountering a Holy Tzaddik we are wise to draw close and attend to them, and follow their teachings and guidance, and receive initiation and spiritual empowerments from them while they are with us, for eventually they will depart from us, and there is no telling when we will encounter another Tzaddik, or when we will enter into an incarnation in which the conditions necessary for full enlightenment are present. This has everything to do with “salt from a Tzaddik.”

There are two meanings of salt in the Scriptures, one that suggests very severe karmic effects, the “second death,” and another that suggests wisdom (Hokmah). Perhaps you may recall Yeshua’s teaching in the Beatitudes that his disciples are the “salts of the earth,” but that if it loses its taste it is good for nothing but to be thrown out and trampled under foot (Matthew 5:13). In that you were to put the salt in your, implying taste, we may assume that the symbol of salt in your dream is wisdom, and we may remember that St. James teaches us, that if any of us are lacking wisdom we should pray that the Spirit of God gifts it to us (James 1:5). Considering this, a Tzaddik giving you salt to hold in your mouth may be understood as a call to seek true initiation from a Tzaddik, and as a call to pray for wisdom from the Spirit of God; it suggests that there is a window of opportunity opening and it appears like a call to action - a greater spiritual humility, or greater surrender to the Living Presence.

Now concerning wisdom - or Habad (wisdom, understanding and knowledge), this corresponds with enlightenment; and specifically, wisdom in the context of the dream is the generation of the presence of awareness in all states of consciousness - waking consciousness, sleep and dream, and death and the afterlife, and more so the preservation of awareness through transitions in consciousness, such as awareness in dreamless sleep and with the arising into dreams. Salt is a preservative, and so indicates the preservation of the presence of awareness in all states of consciousness, and in transitions between various states of consciousness, and this is the essential key to the dawn of the actual enlightenment and the liberation of the soul, or conscious reintegration with the Infinite One, the Infinite Light.

Joined with the full generation of the presence of awareness, of course, there is also the development of consciousness beyond the body, and the capacity to shift ones soul, or center of consciousness, from the physical body into a body of light, and the capacity to merge that body of light with the Light and Spirit of the Infinite, the body of light dissolving into its true essence and nature - Clear Light.

Those who have this presence of awareness, those who can abide in Pure Radiant Awareness, and who have this capacity of the transference of consciousness - aliyat neshamah, are established in the Great Resurrection and Ascension, and are able to extend powerful forms of spiritual assistance to souls in transition - they may help to uplift many souls in the Great Ascension, facilitating the transference of consciousness with them.

These are a few thoughts the Spirit would have me share with you.

May many be blessed to realize Supernal Wisdom and experience full reintegration with the Light of the Infinite! Amen.

Shabbat Shalom!
Tau Malachi
Sophia Fellowship
Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#3 Postby Tau Malachi » Fri May 06, 2016 10:05 am

Grace and peace to you in Hayyah Yeshua!

There is another layer of meaning in this dream and the symbols presented, one connected with what I’ve already shared, but going a bit further.

Thirty is significant. First, given then theme of dying and death we may recall the Yeshua Messiah raised from the dead on the third day, and likewise we may recall that souls arise in the afterlife on the third day following death and it is at that time we initiate a continuum of prayer for the dead. Thirty is a numerical extension of three.

Now thirty is Lamed, which literally means ox-goad, and on an esoteric level Lamed corresponds with a movement of the Spirit that drives us forward, or is an impulse from our inner being for conscious evolution toward the Highest of Life. Lamed is the tallest letter of the Alef-Bet and reaches above them all, and so implies an ascent of consciousness, or a shift in the soul to a higher grade; likewise, when klippot, husks, are shattered, Lamed corresponds with the spiritual power to uplift the sparks that were bound up in them, reintegrating them with their root and essence.

To hold something in ones mouth for thirty days implies a movement or progress, and time to push towards a higher grade of consciousness, or the realization of an inner aspects of the soul; hence, “prayers for wisdom,” prayers for a breakthrough into a new grade of consciousness, or a prayers for a radical shift in consciousness. There is an expression of dying, death, involved in this, for to ascend into a new grade of soul or consciousness the former grade of consciousness must pass away, and generally, before we ascend we descend; thus, there is something of a spiritual or mystical death every time we ascend into a new grade of consciousness, or new level of spiritual realization.

Now Lamed corresponds with teaching and purpose, receiving and imparting teachings - our spiritual education, as well as the remembrance and enacting of our true purpose in this life, the work and mission for which we have come. As much as suggesting a time to labor for an evolution of the soul or ascent of consciousness, Lamed suggests a time of receiving new teachings and revelations, and in some way a clarification of ones work and mission, that or a call to new works.

Concerning death and purpose, one cannot help but think of near-death experiences and the remembrance of the soul’s purpose that comes from them, as well as a reflection of to what extent that purpose is being served. Naturally, once in this world, our true purpose tends to become obscured and we tend to forget it - we get distracted, but at times the Spirit moves to remind us such as in near-death experiences, giving us the opportunity to restore our focus and fulfill our greater purpose - our true will, which is God’s will for us.

Here we may recall that Lamed is formed of a Vau and Kaf, and as such enumerates twenty-six, the number of the Great Name - Yahweh; this too provokes some interesting contemplations in the context of your dream.

It seems it is a time for a significant push in your interior life for another cycle of progress in the Gospel.

That said, there are many gradations of Light Transmission, and many influxes of the Holy Light and Spirit from above, and as much as receiving Light Transmission there is the imparting of Light Transmission; there is something about this in your dream, and something about a deeper recognition and realization of the inner tzaddik, or indwelling Messiah.

These were a few further thoughts I was inclined to share with you.

May the Lord gift you with the fullness of wisdom! Amen.

Shalom Aleichem!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Mark Daniel

#4 Postby Mark Daniel » Sun May 08, 2016 5:24 am

Dearest Tau,

How funny no? Just when you think that you are serving another you realize that you are the one being served. And isn’t that the way of it? That in giving we become open to receive, and as we receive the capacity to give increases, and round and round we go. There is a definite trickster element to the Tzaddik here, feigning death to teach a lesson.... and coming also in a dream! Praise God indeed.

This dream came at just the right moment. And so did my intuition to share it! Tau, your posts here are like living waters. I can’t tell you how precious your words are to me. These insights have drawn me deeper into a current that has been directing my life for some time. I am incredibly grateful for the assistance in this deepening, and just at the right time. Praise God!

I have been, and will continue, to take your words deeply and with all ardency into my practice and life.

And if I may extend our conversation once more.

Your pointing to the importance of preserving awareness between the various modes of experience (waking, dreaming, dying) draws my heart strongly towards the mysteries of St. Lazarus, and his unique experience surfing between these states (and perhaps his experience of an ongoing preservation to this day).

There is a connection to Lazarus in the number three as well no? Three is the netivah Gimmel: the camel that makes the impossible desert crossings possible, and the pathway from Tiferet to Keter through Da’at. Here again is something about the play between death and Gnosis. Lazarus is a partzufim of Da’at, and must be a rich source of instruction about these transitional spaces.

The mysteries of Lazarus blaze white hot in my Heart when I hear them. I understand many of the inner teachings of Lazarus are not suitable for general discussion, but I wonder if anything can be shared about Lazarus and his relatedness to this preserving consciousness that may be pertinent to this flow of wisdom?

All my gratitude and devotion to you Tau. And all my blessings and love to everyone else.

Mark Daniel-

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#5 Postby Tau Malachi » Wed May 11, 2016 9:02 am

Grace and peace to you in Hayyah Yeshua, the Risen Messiah!

If we consider St. Lazarus, whom like the Magdalene was called a most beloved disciple, and we consider his death and resurrection, along with Mirya he held the most intimate knowledge and understanding of the revelation of Christ - the Gospel, and specifically knowledge and understanding of mysteries of the Risen Christ, and the ministry of Christ in the heavens, and in realms and worlds of the inner dimensions. The story about the raising of Lazarus from the dead in the Gospel of St. John is very intriguing because according to the gospel Adonai Yeshua waited before traveling to see him, in effect, waiting until Lazarus died so that he could raise Lazarus from the dead, glorifying God before those who witnessed the wonder, revealing the awesome power of the Almighty (Shaddai), and revealing what was about to happen with himself, a greater revelation of the Christ through death on the cross and resurrection. On one hand, Yeshua and Lazarus engaged in this dance together for the sake of the people, to bolster their faith and to uplift them in return to God; on the other hand, however, we understand that this was an inmost initiation into secret mysteries of Christ and the Gospel through direct experience of death, the afterlife and the resurrection, such that Lazarus would have the most intimate Habad of the Risen Christ, and full knowledge (da’at, gnosis) of the Great Ascension and World-That-Is-Coming.

Now, when Adonai Yeshua raised Lazarus from death, drawing his soul into his body again, there is a merging of the soul of Yeshua with the soul of Lazarus in the Shekinah, something of hayyah (life force, light power) in Yeshua was imparted to Lazarus, and there was a full transmission of the da’at and ruach of Yeshua to Lazarus; hence, the knowledge and power that comes with the full embodiment of the Spirit of God (Ruach Elohim). Something of this is reflected in the “rite of sending the soul,” which is the inner and secret empowerment of the Order of St. Lazarus; with Tzaddikim that have the gift in the Spirit of “sending souls,” they may facilitate something of a near-death experience, or direct experience of afterlife states and heavens. This corresponds with a capacity of the transference of consciousness from the physical body into a body of light, or facilitating aliyat neshamah, mystical ascensions of the soul, and necessarily, in any transference of consciousness into a body of light and inner dimensions there is a merging of souls and subtle bodies. Granted, what transpired between Adonai Yeshua and Lazarus was something much more than the rite of sending the soul, for Lazarus had actually died and the vital connection between body and soul has been severed, and therefore far greater spiritual power was needed to restore him to life; however, the mystery of this divine action, whether the sending of a soul or an actual resurrection, is fundamentally the same, and it resembles something like the inmost gradation of Light Transmission that may transpire between a Holy Tzaddik and their close companions.

In the inmost gradation of Light Transmission on an energetic and spiritual level the Tzaddik and disciple merge completely, so that in effect the Tzaddik and disciple disappear, merging in the Christ-Spirit, becoming one Light-presence and Light-power; in that moment of communion in the Spirit there is a most intimate mind-to-mind and heart-to-heart transmission, a full communication of the da’at and ruach of the Tzaddik to their companion, the companion having a direct experience of something of their spiritual and supernal realization. In a moment of divine passion both are willing to die, or disappear, or to enact a complete self-offering to one another and God, the True Light; there is something of a spiritual or mystical death in such a movement of inmost Light Transmission, and to a lesser extent, all gradations of Light Transmission. The feeling of self-negation, or the fear of dying or disappearing, in fact, is the most significant barrier to inner gradations of Light Transmission, often becoming the cause of agitation in moments of Light Transmission with some individuals, or in some cases strong aversion. Truly, in such moments we must surrender control to the Spirit of God, and be willing to go where the Spirit of God carries us, willing even to death. Thus the fear of being out of control, or fear of death, can be a most significant obstacle, yet for a greater revelation and realization of the Light-presence (Christ) and Light-power (Holy Spirit) we must be willing to a complete self-negation, the complete surrender of self-will and self-grasping to allow the full movement of the Christ-Spirit.

This certainly is a teaching on discipleship and the play of Light Transmission we draw from the story of St. Lazarus and his resurrection.

Concerning the legend of Lazarus walking in the world until the End-Of-Days, on an esoteric level this corresponds with an unbroken continuum of the presence of awareness indicative of enlightenment and liberation, and we may say that with the full generation of the presence of awareness, whether abiding in complete reintegration with the Light of the Infinite or arising in incarnation, or whether abiding in spacious radiant awareness in dreamless sleep or arising in dream, there is no difference, and this is true liberation, transcendence.

These are a few thoughts it seems good to share.

Shalom Aleichem!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Return to “Spiritual Experiences, Poetry, Prayers & Inspiration”