A Midrash of Elijah, Elisha & Ish - Another Man

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

A Midrash of Elijah, Elisha & Ish - Another Man

#1 Postby Tau Malachi » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:45 pm

A Midrash of Elijah, Elijah & Ish: An Unknown Fellow

In a dream Yohanan and I were visiting with one another, and we were speaking of mysteries of the passing of the prophetic spirit, seated around a celestial fire that was an angel, filled with sparkling zeal, beauty and holiness. There were five companions with us, three whom I know in this world at present, two who as yet I do not know in this world, but know and encounter in heaven from time to time.

Having spoken for some time of mysteries of prophecy, in the midst of the spirit of prophecy resting upon us, for the sake of those who were with me, Yohanan spoke a new midrash concerning the events that transpired with Elijah and Elisha before Elijah was taken up by the Eternal God (Yahweh Elohim). In dreamtime the ‘telling’ of such things becomes seeing and hearing as though one is present in that place or space in the spirit, and so it was with this story Yohanan conveyed for those who were with me in heavenly visitation.

When Elijah and Elisha were walking to the Jordan River, as they drew near it there was Ish, a fellow, not too far away watching them. There was something about them that caught his attention, a presence of some kind, and he thought they might be holy men from the people of the One God that he had heard about. He watched them approach the Jordan he had a peculiar feeling in his belly, and inwardly there was a feeling of a sort of agitation, vibration, and the feeling within him intensified as Elijah took off his mantle and struck the waters, and the waters turned back upon themselves, the two travelers crossing over upon dry land. Needless to say the fellow was astonished when he saw this, and the fear of God came upon him, holy awe and wonder, and he could not avert his gaze from the two, but was completely enchanted and enthralled by what he has witnessed, though indeed he pondered if it was good for him to be there and felt so removed from them.

As they walked on a little way, he saw there was a radiance around them, one coming from within them, and at the place they stopped walking and began speaking with each other, there seemed to be a gathering of people of light surrounding them that came out of nowhere - angels, and as he watched it seemed to him as though a most affectionate and loving exchange, as though between a noble father and noble son, and as they spoke he saw the radiance increasing around them until it became in his eyes a brilliant glory almost blinding. Once again he felt an uncanny vibration moving throughout his body that unsettled him, something that reminded him in some way of lightening, though not with such extreme force as with the striking bolt of a storm. As he watched he saw the elder man, the one who had parted the waters of the Jordan, turn and walk away, but just then a wind came out of the north, swift and fierce, and it stirred up sand and dust, forming a dust-devil. He thought in his mind that the wind, and the dust-devil, held some blessing or power for him, so he broke off his gaze from Elijah and Elisha and he chased after the dust-devil, which lead him far away into a desert valley; and as it is with dust-devils, nothing came of it, and he was left empty handed, receiving nothing.

Had this fellow held his ground, and stood gazing into the presence of the Eternal God, and beheld the chariot of fire, the coming of the great storm, and Elijah taken up in the whirlwind, so he would have been blessed and empowered with the prophetic spirit, though not in the way of Elisha as Baal Shem - Master of the Name. Turning away, however, nothing of this was seen and known, and a ruach (spirit) of holiness and heaven did not pass into him.

Yohanan taught that had this fellow receive something of the spirit of Elijah through witnessing his divine rapture he would have walked as a prophet among his people and been taken up into the School of Elijah in heaven when he died, and in his next life he would have been a soul among the assemblies of prophets of the people of the One God (Israel). Truly, through Divine Providence, a portal opened for him through which he could have been set upon the swift path of returning to the Infinite and Eternal One - enlightenment and liberation; but, turning away he did not pass through it, and therefore his next incarnation would be much the same as that life with little progress in the soul’s awakening and realization, and he would not be born among the people of the One God in clarity, but again would incarnate among a people of many gods in confusion. In God’s mercy, though, Yohanan said that eventually, in some life, the soul of that fellow was destined to encounter a similar gate of light again, and perhaps at that time his soul would cross through and he would be redeemed. Praise God!

Yohanan then taught that the story of this fellow was like many seekers in our generation, they struggle as ‘dwellers on the threshold,’ a foot in the light of spirituality and foot in the darkness materialism, swiftly distracted with seeking rewards, recognition and glory in the world rather than a zealous pursuit of the realization of Heaven and return to God with their whole heart and soul, mind and strength; he said this world is as the north wind - a wind of severity, and things chased in this world are like dust-devils conjured by that ill omened wind, something leading to nothing without Heaven and knowledge of the Eternal One. Though through God’s unending mercy and compassion such gates of light, and the play of light transmission that manifests in them, appear in every generation, relatively few are willing to drawn near and cleave, holding their ‘gaze,’ to receive and be received in the presence of the Eternal God, the Almighty (Yahweh Elohim, Shaddai); and in these times even fewer still will drawn near, for the power of the ignorance and false glittering lights is even greater than in previous times - the power of enchanting materialism is very strong these days, and is gaining in strength, God help us, and God have mercy upon us!

When the Baptist, my beloved Heart Tzaddik, had spoken, revealing this midrash to us, I answered him with the story of the fall of Pistis Sophia as recounted in esoteric gospels. She, having come from God, the True Light, and yearning for conscious unification with the True Light, but having fallen into the delusion of lack, the illusion of separation, forgetting the place which was her true origin and abode, and so becoming deceived by the false, impure light generated by the demiurge and archons below, and thinking it was the True Light - a blessing and empowerment for her, she went to take it to herself, descending and becoming bound up in that impure, unholy dominion, her own light-power being stolen from her by deception.

I also answered him concerning the mystery revealed, the prophecy spoken, with the message of the Risen Messiah to the angel of the church in Laodicea in the Book of Revelation, and his rebuke (musar) of those who were ‘lukewarm,’ caught on the ‘threshold’ unwilling, or unable, to cross over. As is known, this is a teaching concerning the klippah of crown star in the subtle body, corresponding with Hesed, but it is also understood as a prophecy of the seventh age, which is the age in which we are living, the age of our generation, and so I answered the Baptist with this passage as prophecy of this time, this generation.

Yohanan smiled, and the radiance surrounding him grew very bright, and he said, “Yes my brother, this is the interpretation of the midrash I’ve given, and it is well spoken. This is it’s meaning; but look and see, this is continually the struggle of the messengers of heaven in every generation, for in this world it is not the Holy Light that is loved and worshiped, but rather the darkness that cloaks itself in the lesser, impure lights, confusing and deceiving many - it is this that is loved and worshiped, heaven forbid! In the final hours, though, as the End-Of-Days draws near, even among many who are spiritual, the enchanting materialism will abound and will consume the life and light of many good souls, and when they go before the Divine Sovereign they will be poor and naked, out of place. May God have mercy upon them!”

This is the segment of dream and what transpired in it that the Holy Spirit would have me share; and this is enough.

May Elohim Givor gift you with strength of desire and will to hold your gaze; may those gathered around that holy celestial fire remember in their hearts and souls the revelation of Ruach Ha-Kodesh through Yohanan to us! Amen.

Shaddai Shalom!
Tau Malachi
Sophia Fellowship
Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Aj1

Re: A Midrash of Elijah, Elisha & Ish - Another Man

#2 Postby Aj1 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:51 pm

I think there is something not quite conformist in me, all i can think of in connection to this profound insight is. How come the tzaddikim didn't aid ish more. It's their raison d etre. Can good shepards be idle as their sheep strays right in front of them. Seems Olympian. I better get my head right yes, or is there more happening in the tale. As in the desert , baptist association and dust devil being an alternate name for whirlwind. Anyway i really love this kind of teaching, fresh experiences and grateful you put them before us.

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#3 Postby Tau Malachi » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:00 pm

Shalom,

This fellow conceived of himself as 'other' and did not draw close to them and the Holy Shekinah that was with them; he was from another people, worshiping other gods, and so was not given to these holy ones at that time. Nevertheless, in the mercy of the Eternal One and Heaven an opportunity was presented, a portal, as it were, to another, more elevated continuum of the gilgulim - transmigrations, but at that time he was unwilling or unable to keep his "gaze" and cross through into it. Each has free will, and each has choices to make, and this determines the spiritual assistance, spiritual intervention, of Tzaddikim and Heaven.

As it was, what he witnessed was a casting of a seed of light into him, one that eventually would lead to another, similar opportunity in a future life. How fortunate!

Blessings!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Mark Daniel

#4 Postby Mark Daniel » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:26 am

Praise God for these beautiful insights! And praise God for this precious opportunity to peer inward and perhaps allow a greater wisdom, understanding and knowledge to emerge in all our lives!

This revelation is fillings me to the brim! I have a few insights I am burning to share.

To even see this whirlwind, which is part of the amassing power that will lift Elijah, blessings on his name, says something about the maturity of Ish’s soul. However, he is not mature enough to witness the inner aspects of that movement, and so he ignorantly follows a lesser movement. There is something hidden here that I have been contemplating for some time now: How is it that one comes to follow false lights?

What do we see when we witness a whirlwind? We do not see the wind itself. We only see what the wind is moving - the dust and the chaff that the whirlwind enclothes itself with. In this dream it seems to me that the power of the whirlwind is a true and holy power. It is the power that will lift a great saint. Praise God. But Ish lacks the eyes to see the inner movement of that cycling, and so can only witness the outermost display of that force - which is itself nothing but empty shells (klippot).

Whirlwind in Hebrew is Galgal (Gimmel-Lamed-Gimmel-Lamed). This is very close to the word Gilgul (Gimmel-Lamed-Gimmel-Vav-Lamed) referring to the cycles of reincarnation - the whirlwind of Life, Death and Rebirth. These cycles, while often perceived as a wheel of suffering, are in fact, we know and are taught, the Divine love-play through which God draws us back into unity. But we too easily become distracted by the the outermost garments of these cycles, and through fear, gasping and aversion we miss time and time again this Holy call to return.

I wonder if there is wisdom in thinking about the whirlwind-Galgal as the power driving the cycles of reincarnation, while the Gilgul (which has an additional Vav - meaning nail or hook) is our being fastened or caught by that great cycling power?

Also, one rendition of the name Yeshua is in fact Isha which is spelt Aleph-Yod-Shin. Ish, I assume, is spelt Yod-Shin (without the Aleph). This simple difference captures exactly what I see in this dream - the power (Shin) of God (Yod) is witnessed by Ish, but not the secret, silent and inmost interior (Aleph), and so final redemption is not received. I am reminded again of the constant teaching not to bow to angels or to lessor lights, but to only have fear and love for the Holy One!

Ish, as you have revealed, was in fact an idolator, an ‘other’, meaning essentially one who worships and cleaved to lessor lights. The very same spelling of Ish (Yod-Shin) also forms the word Yesh - meaning everything or existence. We often hear this word in teachings on the generation of something from nothing (yesh mi ain) and something from something (yesh mi yesh). The something in these teachings is the realm of Perud (separation) which enclothes Ain (No-Thing). Here again, in the name Ish, is revealed that this is one who cleaves to the wrong spaces, to the wrong layer of experience - I cannot help but imagine a man worshipping the clothes of a Great King, while completely ignoring the King Himself.

I give great thanks for this revealing Tai Malachi. I give greater thanks for the gasoline it has thrown on the fire of my devotion.

May we have eyes to see the inmost aspect that we may all be uplifted by this Great Force!

All love.

Mark Daniel-

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#5 Postby Tau Malachi » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:35 pm

Grace and peace to you in Hayyah Yeshua, the Risen Messiah!

First is needs to be said, in the dream the north wind generating the dust-devil and the arising of the great storm generating the whirlwind (tornado) were two apparently distinct phenomena, and likewise two very different grades of strength or force, the ‘whirlwind’ corresponding with much greater force than the wind that drove the dust-devil. These two phenomena are interesting in nature, for a ‘whirlwind,’ as in a tornado or cyclone, descends out of the sky and is formed of wind and cloud - water, and touching down then picks up various materials in its path, while a ‘whirlwind’ as in a dust-devil is dust blowing in the wind, hot rising air, rising up from the earth with no cloud - no water in it. The implication is a whirlwind from heaven, versus a whirlwind from earth; and each returns from whence it came.

Now, in the vision in dream the fellow did not see the swift formation of the great storm, the descent of the fiery chariot and great whirlwind, but rather, just as this was about to happen, a north wind blew generating the dust-devil, and he turned away from watching Elijah and Elisha and chased after the dust-devil, dust blowing in the wind, thinking that in some way it would bless him or give him power. While he was off chasing the dust-devil, a great storm arose from a south wind, the chariot of fire descended, the whirlwind descended, and Elijah was taken up into Heaven - Shamaim.

In this your insight of galgal and gilgul remains true, but as two very different events or movements, one a transcendence of the gilgulim, the ascension - enlightenment and liberation, the other ongoing bondage in the gilgulim, subject to sin and death, and potentially countless cycles of transmigration in the ignorance.

Given the context of two apparently distinct phenomena the interpretation of Ish (man) as Yesh is also a delightful insight; the dust-devil, yesh mi yesh, ‘something from something,’ corresponding with the karmic continuum of the gilgulim in ignorance, the great whirlwind uplifting the prophet in ascension, yesh mi ain, ‘something from nothing,’ corresponding with transcendence of the gilgilim through complete self-nullification in the Wisdom of Ain - enlightenment.

The sharing of this vision in dream, though, isn’t so much for the sharing of deeper esoteric mysteries within the corresponding passage of the Holy Scriptures, but rather a teaching concerning a great klippah, obstruction, in these times, in this generation, to the fruition of spirituality, and it is a message to spiritual community and spiritual aspirants about a very common mentality - karmic vision, that often impedes the greater fruition of spirituality, greater spiritual and supernal realization. In the Gnostic Path as taught in our tradition we labor for a unification of heaven and earth, a conscious weave of spirituality and materiality, for we seek an integral spiritual and supernal realization in the Messiah; but this requires a passionate, inward orientation to heaven, spirituality, which transforms life, ‘earth,’ materiality, into a vehicle of realization, a vehicle of service to Heaven and God. Often, though, this is reversed by many aspirants, and their orientation is to materiality - the material life, not the spiritual life, severely limiting their pursuit of spirituality, and so obstructing greater spiritual and supernal realization.

There are some key points concerning this given in the dream, in the teaching of Yohanan and its interpretation with the story of the fall of Pistis Sophia and the message to the angel of the church when contemplated as a prophecy of the seventh age - the age we are entering in these times.

First and foremost there is the story of the fall of Pistis Sophia. As we know, she emanated from the Light of the Infinite - the True Light, and as such she existed in an innate unity with the Infinite Light in her inner being, her essence and nature, and the light-power that was in her was the manifestation of the Infinite Light. Beholding the Infinite Light ever beyond, ‘above,’ she worshipped and adored that Holy Light, and more so the source of the supernal radiance, the Infinite and Eternal One, and she longed for complete unification with the Infinite Light and the One God, the Eternal. In some way, though, she conceived of herself as separate and removed from the Infinite Light - she conceived of herself as ‘other,’ and as such she was bound up in a delusion of lack, unable to recognize and realize that Holy Light within her, and unable to imagine her ascension into conscious union with the Light of the Infinite. Thus, she was susceptible to the deception of the demiurge and archons, who seeing her devotion to the True Light and being jealous, created a lesser, false and impure light ‘below’ to draw her into their dominion.’ Perceiving this false light within her reach, misconceiving of it as the True Light, in this illusion of separation, this delusion of lack, she went to it, descending, losing her light-power, and becoming bound up in the darkness of the archonic realms - the darkness of matter, materiality.

It was similar with this fellow in the dream. He was standing at a distance on a low hill, watching Elijah and Elisha, witnessing the wonder of the parting of waters, and the radiance of Heaven and the Holy Shekinah with them in their exchange, and though, on one level, he longed to go to them and draw near, he could not imagine being well received by them, for he conceived of himself as ‘other,’ from another people. Having this perceived separation, lack, when the north wind blew, and the dust-devil arose, he thought that was his portion, and that there was some blessing or power for him in it. In his story, of course, though this gate of light opened for him, he fell back into his karmic vision, self-identification with name and form and personal history, and conceived of himself as something other than those men of God, those holy ones. All of this arises from an illusion of separation, a delusion of lack, and the self-grasping, desire and fear that emerges in this ignorance, this unenlightened condition.

Understanding this, we may understand that many aspirants fall into the delusion of lack, feelings of not being good enough, worthy enough, or intelligent enough, and so on, and often there is an underlying self-loathing. Because of this, though engaging in spirituality, they do not do so with full force and zeal, a full effort; this delusion of lack causes a lack of faith that, with God’s help, they can attain true salvation - enlightenment and liberation. Thus, many who encounter Tzaddikim are not able and willing to truly draw near, or coming around them they withhold themselves from nearness with the Tzaddik. When this is happening, generally speaking, aspirants are very busy with the world and material pursuits, giving much time and energy to them, so that the time and energy for spirituality is limited. Also, understand material success, rewards, recognition is swift and very tangible - seemingly more immediate and ‘real,’ and the spiritual is more subtle and sublime, seemingly not so tangible, and seemingly more removed. In this world material, worldly attainments are swiftly recognized and applauded, the spiritual, or those of heaven, are hardly, if ever, recognized, let alone encouraged. In the midst of deep seeded feelings of lack, and the corresponding lack of faith, where will many seek some sense of self-worth, even if ultimately temporary, illusory and unreal?

This world corresponds with the greatest restriction of the Infinite Light, the greatest concealment of the presence and power of the Eternal God; hence, the extremely powerful manifestation of the illusion of separation, the delusion of lack, with souls incarnate in this world. Even if destined to be a spiritual human being in ones incarnation this forgetfulness, this illusion, this ignorance, is very powerful and a great challenge to overcome; bestial, faithful and spiritual humanity all encounter this great klippah.

Understanding this, the message to the angel of the church of Laodicea speaks directly to a manifestation of this great klippah in our times, particularly in developed nations, and the modern unenlightened western society; even relatively average people in developed nations, compared to the rest of the world, are ‘wealthy,’ having significant material comforts, and are very occupied with materiality, materialism, and it’s very intoxicating, so that even many among spiritual humanity are caught up in it, not seeking spirituality with true zeal, or the full force of their will and desire. Indeed, with spirituality there is even a generation of spiritual materialism in our times, so that the thrust of spirituality itself becomes a seeking of personal pleasure in life, rather than a striving for a greater spiritual and supernal realization; hence, something of a side affair or vain entertainment, focused on ones own pleasure alone, not service to others and a complete self-offering to the Infinite and Eternal.

This is a great challenge in these times, in our generations, like no others before; and this corresponds with an increasing darkness, ignorance, for save as a vehicle of realization and the embodiment of enlightenment - God Consciousness, matter and materiality is nothing, completely vain and futile - unreal!

If, however, it is manifest as a vehicle of spiritual and supernal realization, how precious it is, how awesome and wonderful! Praise God!

Concerning the instruction of the Risen and Ascended Messiah to this church, it is written: “To the one who conquers I will give a place with me on my throne, just as I myself conquered and sat down with my Father on his throne” (Rev 3:21). Conquer, indeed! Conquer the ignorance, the delusion of lack, the illusion of separation - the attainment of enlightened being, supernal and divine!

In closing we can say this, as we have discussed elsewhere, at the time that a Holy Tzaddik departs this world and their spirit, their soul, is released from their body, there is an outpouring, or flashing forth, of the greatest blessings and empowerments for those able and willing to draw near; and how much more so when a Holy Tzaddik is taken up in divine rapture, or the display of rainbow body attainment! Likewise, understand, the greatest teachings and revelations of Tzaddikim, and transmission of their da’at and ruach, is naturally in the later period of their lives, when their Habad is mature, and their embodiment of their Mochin Gadlut is at its fullest, and life’s wisdom gives them greater skillful means in teaching and initiation. How fortunate we are if we are blessed to draw near a Holy Tzaddik towards the end of life, and how much greater the blessing if we know how to cleave and ‘gaze’ and abide in the fullness of the Holy Light and Spirit, having knowledge of the Holy Light within us and ever beyond us? Praise God!

These are a few further thoughts I can share.

May the face of the Eternal One shine upon you this day, and may you abide in the good company of the Holy Shekinah this day! Amen.

Yahweh Shalom!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Return to “Spiritual Experiences, Poetry, Prayers & Inspiration”