Gnostic Art

northangel27

Gnostic Art

#1 Postby northangel27 » Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:39 am

I hope this is the right place to post this. I was wondering if anyone knows of any Gnostic artists, is a gnostic artist, or at least knows some artists who's paintings depict Gnostic ideas. I would be very interested in knowing of them, as I have been searching for this sort of art for awhile, and have only come up with a few names and works.

Marion

Gnostic Art

#2 Postby Marion » Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:32 pm

Dear NorthAngel27,

Actualy, I happen to be a Gnostic who happends to be an artist. You can view most of my works on the main web-site. They are the ones depicting images of the divine feminine, such as the Lady in Red, on the main page. There are seven images in all, from a series called, "The Seven Faces of the Bride." and I belive Chritopher is working on developing a section of the site where there will be Gnostic art for sale as well as descriptions of the images.
I always love talking about spirituality and art, so any dicussions you might like to have on the subject are most welcome. Or if you have questions about the work on the site, just let Michael or I know, I believe most of the works are credited to either one of us, and if they are not, you can always ask.

Thank you for your inquiry.
Blessings and Shalom!

Marion

Tamara

#3 Postby Tamara » Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:24 pm

Hello, NorthAngel27 and Hello, Marion,

I've got a site with some interesting art, much of it with a Gnostic emphasis, for you to take a look at.

Marion, I think you especially would like this artist's style. I never knew you were the person who did the Magdalene image on the site. She's very powerful!

Here's the address:

http://www.iconfusion.com/nav.htm

Shalom,
Tamara
Student, tell me: what is God? The breath within the breath.

lleyr

#4 Postby lleyr » Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:53 pm

Greetings,

Both Michael's and Marion's work is beautiful! I have seen some of Michael's in person at full size and am just blown away.

Blessings,
Mark

Marion

#5 Postby Marion » Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:23 am

Dear Tamara,

Thank you so much for turning me onto that Artist! Nice work! Let me know if you hear of any other more mystcaly inclined artists :D

Shalom!
Marion

Return to “Spiritual Experiences, Poetry, Prayers & Inspiration”