Charity & Consecration

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

Charity & Consecration

#1 Postby Tau Malachi » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:57 am

Charity & Consecration

I’ve written elsewhere in this forum concerning the various prayer weapons, and about acquiring them and consecrating them, but here I’d like to share some teachings on the acquisition and consecration of prayer weapons and sacred objects in general, perhaps clarifying our way and intention with such things.

First, when we are seeking a prayer weapon we will tend to a continuum of prayer, asking that God gift the prayer weapon to us, and asking that the Spirit of God and angels might guide us in our sacred quest, and asking that the sacred quest itself might generate merit, and be a blessing to the people and the land, and to all whom we encounter along the way. If we understand the true nature of prayer weapons, so we will also invoke, and ask for the corresponding spiritual gifts and Divine Attributes, and we will pray that we might be of greater service to the kingdom of heaven and of greater benefit to others in our lives. You see, the true power of a prayer weapon comes from the Spirit of God and the angels, and from within us, from within our soul, and the life and light that is in us, and such things are not for ourselves alone, but they are for the people and the land, and for the sake of the kingdom of God and its righteousness – the enlightenment and liberation of all living spirits and souls.

Throughout the process of seeking, acquiring and consecrating prayer weapons we wish to generate the Sacred Heart and uplift the entire movement as an offering to God, and invoke God’s blessing upon it, following in the way of the Holy Spirit, the Advocate.

Once we find and acquire a prayer weapon, then we will give praise and thanks to God, receiving it as from God, and we will take up a ceremony of praise and worship, and celebrate a special wedding feast. We will also pray for the companionship of the Holy Shekinah as we take up a continuum of prayer moving towards a ceremony of consecration, and we will set our gaze forward to an auspicious time for the consecration.

We do not want to rush to a consecration, however, but we wish to tend a continuum of prayer, contemplation and meditation, and the generation of merit before we perform the actual consecration. Integral to this continuum of prayer is preparing for a give away, or charity. Whenever we receive a new prayer weapon with it there is an influx of blessing and power, and we want to share that influx with others; likewise, the very purpose of the prayer weapons is service to God and others, and self-offering to God and others – love or charity. Thus, we will consider individuals around us in our lives, and consider things we might gift to them, just as God has gifted us with the new prayer weapon, or we will look for those in need of charity and give charity. When our give away is to initiates we will share with them what we are doing and request their prayers. In this there is a generation of much light-power or merit, and the co-creation of auspicious conditions for the consecration of what is to be sacred and holy unto God.

Throughout this process we will pray, and we will contemplate and meditate upon corresponding mysteries, and then, when our give away or charity is complete, we will seek the inspiration of the Spirit, looking to see the best time for a sacred ceremony of consecration. Then, having been moved and guided by the Holy Spirit, we will enact the appropriate consecration as the Holy Spirit inspires, and we will receive and take up the new prayer weapon in spiritual works for the people and the land, empower by God through what was gifted to us, material and spiritual.

My dear brothers and sisters, do not seek to have many sacred objects, but rather, seek few, and seek only what is good, and what you need for your spiritual work and the elevation of your soul; rather than seeking many things, seek quality and true objects of power, and seek to gather in what God wills for you, and what God gifts to you – seeking your portion from God. Remember, the ancient prophets and wonderworkers of God had very few prayer weapons, far fewer than we do, and there was great power of God with them. As we know, they would walk with a holy staff and a mantle, or prayer shawl, and perhaps a horn for the oil of anointing. Let us learn from them, and though we may carry a few more prayer weapons, all as God given, let us not have many, but let us be focused so that, truly, there is spiritual power in these sacred and holy objects, and they are not idols to us, but vehicles of prayer and the giving of blessings.

Visiting Imma Circle, Mother Circle, can be deceptive in this regard, for we have many things; but, these are things in community that we share, and this is very different than what an individual practitioner needs and uses in their continuum of spiritual practice. Apart from things shared in community, we need relatively few things; and ultimately, we need nothing to walk with God and bear this Living Presence and Power of God. This we must know and understand so that we do not give into spiritual materialism and idolatry, this great klippah that is so powerful in modern spirituality in these times.

Also, remember, do not gather for yourself alone, but hold others in your heart and mind, and consider them, and understand, the prayer weapons are not yours, as though personal possessions, but rather, your carry them for the people and for the next generation, as God wills it, and remember that, eventually, these sacred and holy things will pass from you to others. We might consider, in this respect, the mantle of Elijah that was passed to Elisha, so it is with such sacred and holy things – there is a much bigger spiritual work and vision with them, one in service to the kingdom of heaven and God, seeking to uplift souls to God.

If ever you choose to replace a prayer weapon, and transfer the “soul” of the weapon into a new weapon, remember, never sell an object that has been consecrated to heaven and God, but rather hold it and keep it until you can find someone in need of it and gift it to them.

It is very important that when gathering prayer weapons that we walk with God, and walk in beauty and holiness, and that, indeed, our intention is to serve the kingdom of heaven and God, and that it is a true sacred quest for the sake of the people and the land. As we gather such things it is very important that we do not cleave to material objects as though they are something in themselves, but rather that we cleave to the Living God, who is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory forever. Amen.

This reflects our way with the wonderworking art, it is a continuum of prayer and sacred ceremony taking up spiritual works, good works, for people, and laboring to uplift people in return to God; as for ceremony, this is prayer and meditation set into motion, and brought into the physical, the material, with the intention of moving greater power, and manifesting greater blessings, for people in this world, in the material dimension. We are not seeking to acquire power for our selves, but rather for the people, and we are not seeking glory for ourselves, but rather are seeking the glorification of God.

I will share this. If we do not know how to be present with sacred and holy objects in the right way, and how to carry them in the right way, then they will become to us nothing more than idols, and if idols, God forbid, then we are better off without them and better off to walk with God in utter simplicity, praying, meditating and communing with our God without ceasing, and engaging in good works, charity.

In all things, and with our prayer weapons, let us walk with God, and walk in beauty and holiness, enacting what is good and true – faith and love.

God bless you and God keep you!

Shalom Aleichem!
Tau Malachi
Sophia Fellowship
Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Yonah

Re: Charity & Consecration

#2 Postby Yonah » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:51 pm

Greetings and Blessings!

Thank you so much for this reminder on prayer weapons.

I was especially touched by the following:

Integral to this continuum of prayer is preparing for a give away, or charity. Whenever we receive a new prayer weapon with it there is an influx of blessing and power, and we want to share that influx with others; likewise, the very purpose of the prayer weapons is service to God and others, and self-offering to God and others – love or charity. Thus, we will consider individuals around us in our lives, and consider things we might gift to them, just as God has gifted us with the new prayer weapon, or we will look for those in need of charity and give charity. When our give away is to initiates we will share with them what we are doing and request their prayers. In this there is a generation of much light-power or merit, and the co-creation of auspicious conditions for the consecration of what is to be sacred and holy unto God.

I've had the blessing of both having prayer weapons gifted to me and gifting prayer weapons to others. It is a very sacred and beautiful moment. It feels like we are giving (or receiving) a tangible aspect of light transmission. I have always felt like it is a great gift of Ma to be able to receive or give such an offering to another.

What really jumped out in this conversation was the point that prayer weapons aren't really for "us" anyway. Even while we have a prayer weapon that has come to us, it really belongs to God and to the people and the land who we will use it for in prayer and ritual.

This reminds me that this is a great way to live with everything... We are borrowing everything in this life (including our bodies) which actually belong to our Mother. It is a great practice to remember to use everything in this light.

Shalom, Yonah
Shalom,
Yonah
EPS Columbus Gathering

Lydia

#3 Postby Lydia » Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:29 pm

Greetings and blessings of peace and love -

I hardly know where to begin this post...so I shall start with gratitude...thank you for bringing this lesson forward!

I spent much of this past weekend going through my sacred statuary and relics with much contemplation while doing so. Having just received empowerment in the Order of Uriel, today I thought it a good idea to begin reading all that has been posted to the forums knowing that such information would supplement and enhance the teachings provided through the study guide, and as so often happens, here I find a posting on the very thing that has been most recently occupying my thoughts and spirit.

For those who don't know, I grew up in the Church of Christ, a very fundamental "New Testament" church. Then in 1996, after 8 years of a very abusive marriage, I found myself divorced with two small boys to raise on my own. It was at this time that I turned from Christianity toward Neo-Paganism and Wicca, and it was from this path that I was drawn to Magdalene Circle and the Sophian Tradition almost 2 years ago.

Since that time, I have often wondered about differences in correspondences, of which there are a few, as well as the definition of prayer weapons versus what I am most accustomed to regarding as ritual tools. I am quite delighted to have found that most of my ritual tools can be reconsecrated and used as prayer weapons, though I am not inclined to do this until I feel I have a better understanding and grasp on the Order of Uriel and it's way of wonderworking.

Still a concern over idolatry and materialism has plagued me for quite sometime. As such, in my prior practice, I often found that Nature provided much of what I needed for any particular spell, ritual, or rite, and relied upon Goddess to provide...which of course, She always did! :) (Praise be to Ma!) In this way, the tools were almost always of natural materials, bio-degradeable, and often left behind for the land and those that may come behind me, or us, be it animal, plant, or mineral.

I will digress here to say that because of this history, I found the making of the bundles and ritual from last year so very fulfilling. At the conclusion I was able to return all that had been blessed within the bundle to the land and hang the prayer flag so that each time I pass it, the energy of that night is rekindled and I can appreciate that all that is downwind continues to receive blessings of our energy wonderworking. Seeing how the elements and time are slowly reducing the flag, first it lost the vibrance of color, and now the threads are slowly giving way, I can contemplate the circle of life and rebirth, and be reminded that time is of creation while energy/spirit is eternal.

So it is that it seems quite natural that anything used for energy work or prayer should not be sold for any kind of recompense or profit, but should be always returned to the land, or otherwise gifted to another for some further purpose. Like +Yonah I have been blessed in both giving and receiving such, and it is such a delight to comingle energy...spirit...sparks in this way.

After so many years, I do have quite a collection, but with such I am always mindful that when needed, a gift for another is always available to me, and certainly the entire collection is never out for display. Rather I find that I update my altar/shrine as I am moved by the Spirit, Holy Shekinah, to do so. The items selected serve to evoke some contemplation or meditation about an aspect of The Divine that is moving within and about me at that particular time, and this is where energy is put...never toward the statue itself, but toward the Holy Manifestation of beauty, prosperity, health, love, peace, enlightenment, and liberation for all.

Again, I am so very appreciative of all that is shared here so that I, for one, find guidance and gifts of Tau and Tzaddik!

Peace and love to you, always....Lydia

Yonah

#4 Postby Yonah » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:01 pm

Greetings Lydia,

Thank you for this post. I, of course, know you since you are a Companion in Magdalene Circle, but I want to thank you for introducing yourself, sharing your background, and giving insight into your views.

You are so right that it is an amazing blessing to be able to give and sometimes to receive. The exchange of energy is powerful and can be full of light.

Thanks again dear sister for your post and we’re very glad you found us!

Shalom, Yonah
Shalom,
Yonah
EPS Columbus Gathering

Return to “Order of St. Uriel: The Way of Wonderworking”