The Order of St. Gabriel

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

The Order of St. Gabriel

#1 Postby Tau Malachi » Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:31 pm

The Order of St. Gabriel
(Order of St. John the Baptist)

This forum is dedicated to the teachings and practices of the Order of St. Gabriel.

The teachings and practices of the Order of St. Gabriel focus on the development of lucid dream and dream union, as well as vision quests and prophetic meditation – as with all of the Holy Orders of our lineage, many of the ceremonial practices that correspond to the Order of St. Gabriel are found within the Order of St. Uriel, such as, for example, some of the sacred ceremonies given for New and Full Moon that invoke luminous dreams or prophetic vision, or ceremonies for flame gazing or crystal gazing.

Dream, vision and prophecy have a very close relationship with death and the afterlife states, and the awareness of reincarnation, so the Order of St. Gabriel and Order of St. Lazarus are closely related, and typically, to work within one Order, is to work within the other also – their methods are often the exactly same, but just oriented differently.

Just as everyone is not a wonderworker, a magician and shaman, but everyone can make use of the wisdom and spiritual practice of the wonderworker, so everyone is not a prophet or vision bringer for the people (navi), but everyone can potentially benefit from the wisdom and spiritual practice of the vision bringer. Indeed, no one can make themselves a wonderworker or vision bringer – the Divine Mother calls and chooses the holy women and holy men who are to be her messengers, and it is she who make a person a wonderworker or vision bringer; but we all can practice something of the wonderworking art and way of the prophet – we can all seek to live as holy women and holy men, and seek to serve as light-bearers, healers and peacemakers. In so doing it may very well be that we are called and chosen by the Mother Spirit, for whenever the necessary conditions are in place Divine Grace can move with, in and through us, and even become manifest as us.

It must be said, however, that the teachings and practices of this Holy Order are not intend for the novice practitioner – rather they are advanced teachings and practices meant for more experienced and skilled initiates; likewise, to take up the practices of this Order requires a certain psychological and spiritual balance, and a certain degree of maturity in the path and life – in the midst is seeking dreams, visions and prophecy traps of self-delusion abound, and naturally there are many psychic and spiritual dangers. The many plights we often see in the new age movement, psychism and occultism very well reflect this – inner and secret teachings are a grave danger in the hands of those not prepared for them, or those unwilling to the true self-discipline and spiritual work that is involved in them.

Thus, the teachings and practices of the Order of St. Gabriel assume that a person is very well grounded and established in the spiritual life and a daily continuum of spiritual practice, and they assume a good heart and good intention – one of service to the Divine and to the people, not one’s own self-interests and selfish ambitions. In the wonderworking art and way of prophecy it must be remembered that we attract to ourselves spiritual beings-forces corresponding to our thoughts, emotions, desires, words and actions, whether of the Divine Light or the Shadow; we must be able to dispel shades and shadows and reintegrate ourselves with the Divine Light. Likewise, in order to do this, we must develop the capacity to discern between the Light and the Darkness, good and evil, truth and falsehood.

Just opening oneself to any passing spirit seeking a dream, vision or prophecy is simply not wise and cannot lead to anything good; if we open ourselves with the wrong intention or motivation, it will not be the Divine Spirit or Divine Powers that come to us, but rather a spirit of the Other Side, as the Kabbalah calls it.

Here we must say, spiritual gifts and magic powers should not be put up for sale – they are given to us freely by the Mother Spirit for the people, not for sake of a business for our profit; all that we receive from the Holy Spirit is for the people, for the sake of the Great Work. Granted, it is wise and it is necessary to support spiritual work, and receiving spiritual assistance we are blessed to the degree that we freely give support in return, but in the way of tithe or love offerings – *charity*, not by vital demand of set fees; the proper exchange of energy is well reflected in the story of Abraham and Sarah and Melchizedek, to whom Abraham and Sarah freely gave when he blessed and initiated them.

In the same way that these teachings and practices are given to you without any demand of payment, so must you use them for the people without any demand of payment for your service – if something is given in return, out of love, to honor and respect the movement of the Divine Spirit, well and good, but if not, well and good; in a movement of the Divine Spirit everyone is responsible for the generation of auspicious circumstances and moving with the Mother Spirit – what transpires will reflect a person’s own energy, and it is not given to us to stand in judgment or to withhold, but rather to move as the Divine Mother guides us, giving freely in love and compassion.

As with many practices of the Holy Orders, those of the Order of St. Gabriel have relied upon an actual discipleship or apprenticeship with a lineage-holder of the tradition, and upon both oral and experiential transmissions – *empowerments*; nevertheless there are many practices of the Order that can be beneficial apart from any empowerment, and if a person walks with a good heart and good intention, often the Mother Spirit can grant an empowerment – thus we will focus on practices that might be of the most benefit apart from the traditional empowerments.

Here we can say the two most essential keys for dream work, vision quest and prophecy are *self-purification* and the *generation of completely positive energy* (merit); everything depends upon these two things, coupled with spiritual self-worth and spiritual humility. Essentially, the bringer of vision must become transparent to the Divine Spirit and Divine Light.

At the outset of taking up the teachings and practices of the Order of St. Gabriel, begin by reading and contemplating all that is said of John the Baptist in the gospels; contemplate what is said of him as though you a person going out for baptism by him, then contemplate what is said as though you are one of his disciples, like Yeshua, and then contemplate what is said as though you are him, the bringer of vision and opener of the way. (As you do this, use creative visualization in meditations.) While you are practicing this, perhaps take up the practice of Union with John the Baptist, given elsewhere on our website. This is the beginning for all initiates of the Order of St. Gabriel.

The view of this Holy Order is: “All reality is dream-like.” Let all initiates of this Order take up this view.

May we be a Voice of Adonai calling out in the land, speaking in the Spirit of Truth, the Divine Intelligence; amen.

Blessings & shalom!
Tau Malachi
Sophia Fellowship
Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

sophialover

dream interrpretation

#2 Postby sophialover » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:27 am

Tau Malachi;

I recognize the truth of all you said here! I feel that I may be called to the Order of St. Gabriel due to some experiences I have had deep in prayer and meditation before joining the local Magdalene Circle. I am now an initiate in the Order of St. Mary Magdalene. I feel that I have much more work to do before I formally start my study of St. Gab but I want to learn more.

To this I want to add the tremendous burden I feel for the Mandean people- the followers of St. John the Baptist. I have heard that there is some good news coming up about their attempts to flee Iraq and seek sanctuary in another country. There is actually a small community of them close to me in Central Texas. I hope to go meet them soon with a local professor to learn more about them.

I want to ask about dreams in the meantime too. I have a place I go in my dreams that is not on this earth, that is, it doesn't correspond to any place on earth. I went there again night before last and I feel I am working some things out. But I'm not sure what is I'm doing other than working out my own darkness and negativity generally.

Yours In Christ,

Richard

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

The Order

#3 Postby Tau Malachi » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:48 pm

Greetings Brother Richard,

Salutations to you in the Light of the Messiah!

It sounds like you have formed a holy sanctuary or sacred space in dreamtime for spiritual work - that is very good, no doubt it is the inspiration of your angel or the deeper part of your energetic being, your soul.

In terms of spiritual work purifying ourselves of negativity and enacting the tikkune-healing of our soul or energetic being, when we liberate ourselves from inner klippot or negativity we are also facilitating the liberation of others from the same negativity - in fact, we can use our own suffering to touch into the suffering of others, and in so doing our prayers and spiritual work for others become more powerful and effective.

In truth, the apparent klippot or negativity that we experience isn't so personal as it might seem, it is not isolate to us, but rather it is the product of the demiurge, cosmic ignorance, and the archons, spiritual forces bound up in the cosmic ignorance - rather than "our own," in truth it is just the klippot, the negativity, universal - dispelling this for ourselves we dispel it for others.

Very often, as light-bearers, healers and peacemakers what comes to us to be worked with may have far less to do with ourselves than we might think - rather it is a call for us to do spiritual work for the people, all our relations, but in that it may seem "personal" it allows us to form a more power vital link in our spiritual work.

As for the various Orders in our lineage, it is very common that we take up practices from multiple Orders - the more you are familiar with them, the more you will find that they are an integral weave of teachings and practices; it is just that certain Orders might represent ways on the path we feel more connected with and hold what may be called "heart practices." In the end, though, we find it becomes difficult to divide them - it is all a matter of the spiritual practices we need to continue to unfold the realization process and for the spiritual works for the people that we are called to take up.

What a wonderful blessing that you will get to meet some Mandean people - there is much in their teachings of Yohanan that has a deep resonance with our own view of him. The plight of these peoples always remains in my prayers, for they are the last vestige of a very ancient and beautiful wisdom tradition, one that gives deeper insight into what may have transpired between Yohanan and Yeshua. I'd love to hear about your visit and what you learn once it has taken place - what a wonderful opportunity!

You are in my heart and my prayers.

Blessings & shalom!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

sophialover

in dreams

#4 Postby sophialover » Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:41 pm

Tau Malachi thank you so much for responding. Thank you too for your prayers. This actually clears up some of the things that occur in the dreams. I didn't go into detail because each dream is different and the minute descriptions could fill a notebook, I have a spiritual diary so that's factually true. But one feature in the dream is that sometimes I go from house to house... And different people are in the dreams which often result in a dramatic and emotional reconciliation between me and a female figure.

I will start to study the Order of St. Gab. I want to learn something about all the orders but this one is where I will start. Who knows where I will end up.

Yours In Christ,

Richard

Return to “Order of St. Gabriel: Dream Union & Prophetic Meditation”