Earthly Angels

A Sanctuary of the Order of St. Uriel
Brooke

Earthly Angels

#1 Postby Brooke » Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:24 am

Shalom, everyone!

I was very happy to see Earth Sophia added to the Sophian Forum. Thanks!

In her introduction to this forum Sister Sarah+ mentioned our earthly angels. I was hoping we might discuss what we mean when we use the term "earthly angels."

Many blessings!
Brooke

Elder Sarah
Site Admin

The Angels of stones, plants and animal people

#2 Postby Elder Sarah » Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:27 pm

Greetings Brooke,

Earthly Angels or Angels of Our Earthly Mother is a term used in the tradition to describe Angels we might come in contact with that appear in an Earthly form. Just as Our Heavenly Father has Angels so too does our Earthly Mother. One could say Angels are Beings/ Forces that act as an interface between Creator and Creation. Angels of Our Heavenly Father are Angels whom abide in heavenly realms and dimensions, these Angels are contacted in the energy dimension and every now and again manifest in materiality. Angels of Our Earthly Mother however manifest all of the time in a material form as animal people, plant people and stone people.

These Angels of our Earthly Mother are noticed by way of observing our environment and taking notice of the energy within and around all things. Everything moves here in one gigantic web, all is interconnected. All of the time these Angels are moving in our lives, they are always answering prayers and bringing messages, we just need to be open to receive.

There are many ways in which we can notice these Angels and many ways in which they manifest. In animal people and plant people they seem to come and go. Sometimes remaining permanently and sometimes only remaining for a certain duration of time or even for a certain moment. In stone people they seem to remain most of the time, if a stone appears luminous then most of the time it remains luminous. For example, one could encounter a large crystal that clearly has an Angel moving with it and it is clear this Angel abides all of the time with this crystal and at the same time one could encounter a crystal the same size and clearly see it is just a stone person that happens to be a large crystal.

In plant people these Angels come and go according to season, time and medicines that manifest with and as them. A dear sister of mine once said that on her regular walks on the rivers bank, some seasons she will notice certain plants growing that were not growing in that location the last season. Of these plant she said often the medicine associated with them becomes prophetic of what is needed for the people in that time and in that space. You could say these plants are Angels communicating medicine needed for the people.

In animal people these Angels arrive in particular moments often bearing messages of that moment or space in time. Look at the example found in 1 kings 17:3 regarding these Angels manifesting as Ravens:

“Go from here and turn eastward, and hide yourself by the Wadi Cherith, which is east of the Jordan. You shall drink from the Wadi, and I have commanded the ravens to feed you there. So he went and did according to the word of the Lord; he went and lived by the Wadi Cherith, which is east of the Jordan. The ravens brought him bread and meat in the evening; and he drank from the wadi.”

Angels of our Earthly Mother appearing in animal form come often as a sign that something is auspicious or is inauspicious and remind us to look into what it is we are doing. They can be an affirmation of a particular movement we are involved with, it is in this way they are often answers to our prayers.

All of these Angels embody certain energies and it is through our Earthly knowledge of these being we might be able to look and see what it is Creator is communicating. They are all part of this vast creation that arises as many and one at one the same time. How Beautiful!

May we be blessed to look and see, to listen and hear your Angels Holy Mother!

Many Blessings and Shalom!
Sarah+

Brooke

#3 Postby Brooke » Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:30 am

Shalom, Sister Sarah +!

So, these messengers speak all the time we're open to recognition of the energies of Spirit, don't they?

As we were concluding our first circle meeting in Fredericksburg, Va. this past weekend, a huge group of gackles swarmed all over our host's house. She said she'd never seen them actually gather right at her doorstep before although she had seen them flock into the huge trees across the road before. I'd almost forgotten this happened because everyone was commenting on it but one person said -- perhaps jokingly -- "maybe we're all reading too much into it. Sometimes, a bird is just a bird."

I laughed but I also replied, "We're in the Mother all the time. So, it's not surprising that she speaks to us through nature. Perfectly natural, in fact."

Sometimes these angels are very direct -- almost in-your-face -- as was the squirrel who came to our back door the same day my sister died, and then proceeded to comfort us for the next seven months. I know you're familiar with that story. However, it's so easy to ignore the more subtle angels of Sophia that we encounter on a daily basis as spiritual beings in a great "matrix" (as you explained) of God's energy.

Praise Ma for Loving Us Through The Exchange of Sparks with All Beings!

Blessings!
Brooke

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

Places in the Land

#4 Postby Tau Malachi » Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:09 pm

Salutations in the Light of the Messiah!

It is interesting to note that Elijah is sent to a specific place to drink the water there and to be fed by the ravens, and that later he is guided to a cave on Mount Horeb – this implies that these places are in some way especially sacred and holy, and that there are powerful angels of our Earthly Mother in them; hence, places, configurations in the land, bodies of water and such have angels of our Earthly Mother associated with them, and they may be the expression of angelic powers in the material dimension, as though emanation bodies.

Likewise, at times, angels of our Heavenly Father and angels of our Earthly Mother merge, such as the places where angels of the Heavenly Father appear, like where an angle came to speak with Hagar when Sarah Sent her into exile. Perhaps most striking is the burning bush that Moses beheld – the angel of that holy bush and the angel of Yahweh merging.

I’m also reminded of the Oak of Mamre that the Zohar attributes special powers to – both the old oak and the place, where Abraham and Sarah received three angelic visitors.

Reading your delightful discussion these were a few thoughts I was inclined to throw into the mix for the sake of contemplation.

May we recognize the holy angels God sends, heavenly and earthly; amen.

Blessings & shalom!
Tau Malachi
Sophia Fellowship
Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Leslie Kaneel

Earth Mother's Gifts

#5 Postby Leslie Kaneel » Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:31 am

Shalom!

Sister Sarah+, your speaking about a dear sister finding medicinal plants along the river bank in different places and at different times, brought the prompting to share a story of an experience.

The Holy Mother, in great gentle subtlety, gave caresses and kisses in the midst of all this sorrow and suffering.

In a very remote village on the west coast of British Columbia there was a modest dwelling set on a gravelly lot on the edge of the forested slope. There were, at this time, very few plants growing in the lot's rocky soil. This lot was blessed to have a small gully in the back where alder trees dropped thousands of leaves every year creating a seemingly endless supply of leaf-mold compost. Garden beds were being dug but still there wasn't many plants. There was a deep inner yearning for many medicinal plants to fill the yard and especially a very loved plant - Red Clover (Trifolium pratense). Carrying on in this basic way over the next few months, not seeking seeds or transplanting, red clover began to emerge and grow in several areas distributed about the yard. Not being any of this plant growing elsewhere until one crossed the river. A beautiful gift of the Holy Mother.
Over the next few years this also occured with Fireweed; and to a lesser extent Foxglove and wild Violas. Now this lot is abandoned, we live elsewhere, and the whole collection of gifted, seeded, and transplanted herbs has been given back to the Earth; not one plant could be removed.

Back in November of last year, an adept herbal medicine teacher giving a lecture stated very pointedly that Red Clover and Licorice (Glycyrrhiza glabra) are the leading herbs used for breast cancer prevention. My heart leaped hearing this, thinking that the tea made from the dried clover blossoms, angels, of that stoney lot may have prevented an illness or disease in the physical body and/or Spiritual.

This narrow valley bottom is like a "line of power" in the land where the river runs through and much wildlife migrates up and down the river. This was also, historically, a wintering village for the Nuu-Chah-Nulth First Nations people for hundreds of years in Nootka Sound. Signs of the presence of their spirits were evident.

This experience taught that if you Love the Mother sincerely and consistently, giving to Her, She will Give, in return, beautiful gifts to Heal and Sustain.

All Praise and Glory to the Holy Mother! amen.

Blessings!
Leslie

Martina

Blessings of Our Earthly Mother

#6 Postby Martina » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:55 am

Greetings Sister Sarah+,

when thinking about Angels of Our Earthly Mother I am reminded of how Jacob is continuously blessed by them while working for Laban, even when Laban changes his wages 10 times. Jacob always seems to be in close contact with the Angels and even influences the events to his advantage by shamanic rituals.

There are many ways in which the Earthly Mother blesses us all the time. Our garden is very small, near to the city, but last spring a toad made her home under the pedestal (I hope this is the right word) of the sun umbrella and stayed all summer. In July paper wasps build their nest under the fir tree. All this seemed to me like a real blessing for this small place.

May all hearts be opened to see the Blessings of the Earthly Mother.

Shalom,
Martina

Elder Sarah
Site Admin

Places of Power

#7 Postby Elder Sarah » Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:18 am

Greetings!

It is great to hear all these experiences happening within Ma, these experiences you all have shared kindle Faith and remind of the Grace of the Holy One of Being moving with in and behind all that transpires- blessed be the Holy One!

The idea of Land configurations and specific locations having an Angel associated with them that Tau is bringing up is quite intriguing. In the case of Elijah and him being directed to Cherith, the place in which he would find water and the raven would feed him hints at the way the Holy One of Being would preserve his life in the midst of drought. In the midst of this drought happening throughout the land this place still has water and somehow, somewhere the ravens are finding meat and bread to bring to him for food. In reading further into the story it appears the drought in the land happens because one of the kings of the land, Ahab marries Jezabel and worships Baal. It is said of this king;

“Ahab did more to provoke the anger of the Lord, the God of Israel, than had all the kings of Israel, than had all the Kings of Israel who were before him.”

The mystery of the matter is that the land was affected by the ruler and what was being worshiped, therefore drought was the consequence. Somehow, the Wadi Cherith was unaffected by the drought and therefore was the place to which Yahwah sent Elijah. It is not until Elijah challenges the Priest of Baal and is victorious that the drought in the land comes to an end.

These Angels of our Earthly Mother can bring healing power in dark times; they can intuit what is needed and preserve life. Such that Sister Leslie has shared in regards to the herbs growing on the land and the healing power they bring.

As far and Jacob and his interactions with Laban, this appears to be a situation in which Tau is speaking, where the Angels of our Earthly Mother merge with the Angels of our heavenly Father. Before Jacobs encounter with Laban he has the vision of the Ladder of Lights, this ladder in which Angels are ascending and descending. It has been said that this is a vision of Metatron, perhaps a staged down vision, but nonetheless a vision of this Holy Archangel. It is curious through because this vision is associated with the place in which it happens, hence Jacobs Anointing of the Stone and calling the place Bethel, House of EL. It appears throughout the rest of Jacobs adventure something of this vision moves with him and something of the power of this Archangel moves with him. His ability to overcome Laban in the episode with the speckled and spotted livestock has something to do with the movement same Angel, this Angel of the Light Transmission ensuring the coming into being of a Patriarch that with carry on the succession.

Praise be unto Sky Father and Earth Mother and all the movements in the midst!

Many Blessings and Shalom

Sister Sarah+

Shannon

The Blue Heron

#8 Postby Shannon » Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:50 am

Shalom

For as long as I can remember I have been drawn to eagles. They have gifted me with hope and awe at much needed times. A few years ago during a time of much despair I was at the river walking and praying (well truthfully, the praying was more like pleading....God why have you left me here in such despair) and I came upon a blue heron standing peacefully in the rapids. I looked at her and thought "You are very beautiful but you are not my eagle" and I kept walking.

For the next 6 months everywhere I went I saw a blue heron. In the morning at the river, in the evening at the lake, in my dreams, in random paintings...she was all around me. And so I began to ask "who are you?".And some how over time her subtle yet powerful presence I began to know as the Blessed Magdalene.

When I see her now I am brought to my knees in humility and gratefulness. She has forgiven me for my arrogance that I would in all my humaness look upon a gift from God (the Blue Heron) and think it less than another (the Eagle).

Most often she is standing in the river...a powerful presence of deep calm as the river rushes by her. And when she flys...she flys to stand again in the water here on earth. As if to say "I am here, I am here, I am here."

love
Shannon

Elder Sarah
Site Admin

The Blue Haron

#9 Postby Elder Sarah » Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:53 am

Greetings Shannon,

In Ted Andrews book, Animal Speak, he says of the Heron that this is one of “aggressive self-determination and self reliance.” I have found this book helpful when coming across different medicines, different Angels of our Earthly Mother. I don’t take everything being said too seriously, yet it gives a good insight. Though, the best insight into knowing the medicines a certain messenger is by our watching and taking mental notes as to the characteristics of animals. As we notice certain characteristics then we can begin to notice the medicines carried by each species we come into contact with.

In your contact with Heron it sounds like much of the medicine was revealed to you. First off, looking into how you as first didn’t notice the Heron because you were looking for Eagle. This “looking past” seems to have something to do with the message Heron was bringing. Often times we miss certain messenger because we are out looking out for another. All angels have medicine weather a mouse or a bear it is the same. How often might we pass up a sparrow because we are out looking for a hawk? This lesson teaches us something about life and how we seek to live. We seek to listen and hear all movements, to take every situation and circumstance as a communication of Mother Spirit. It seems Heron might have been showing you something of this.

The power to stand in moving waters also has something to do with the message. This is a great power, the ability to stand in moving waters as well as on land. A Native American Medicine Man was once showing me a feather fan made out of both feathers from a land bird and feathers from a water bird. As he spun the fan he said the power in it was the ability to dance in two worlds, the ability to dance in the spirit world and the material world at one time. This seems to have something to do with Heron medicine.

These were the thought that came while reading your post
What a beautiful experience!

Blessed be Great Spirit, the stone people, the green and blue, the creepy crawlies, the finned ones, winged ones, four legged, the two legged and the star people!

Many Blessings and Shalom!

Sister Sarah+

Tamara

#10 Postby Tamara » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:00 am

I'm so pleased to see this aspect of the Sophian tradition explored in the forum. We have allowed ourselves to forget that the Hebrews and indeed Yeshuah himself were very connected to the natural world. While they had perhaps rejected worship of the divine through form as gods and goddesses, they were deeply attuned to the powers of nature. In its effort to reject anything "pagan" the mainstream Christian faith has lost most of that understanding.

Sarah+, thank you very much for starting this conversation!

Yours in the light of Sophia Zoe,
Tamara
Student, tell me: what is God? The breath within the breath.

Misty

Re: Earthly Angels

#11 Postby Misty » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:30 am

Shalom lovelies <3

I'm so pleased to find this post in my studies this morning as lately I've been drawn to our earthly mother and the healing medicines she brings to us. It made me think back to becoming an initiate and companion of Magdalene Circle and the animal people that appeared and witnessed my steps into a new path. As I think back and contemplate how sweet it was to have such recognition of a very important part of my life. I can't help but wonder if there is more to the visit from sacred animal people than baring witness to the event. Might they speak to the tikkune of my spiritual self, a step in healing of my eternal soul? Just thinking back and wondering if there is more I could learn from their presence in my life.

Thank you all for drawing this teaching out I appreciate the Light you have shared with me today.

<3 <3 <3,
Misty

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#12 Postby Tau Malachi » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:37 am

Shalom Misty,

Yes, indeed, when angels of our Earthly Mother appear during sacred events, such as an initiation, there is something more than their just bearing witness to what’s transpiring. They become a part of that movement of the Spirit of God, and bring blessings, empowerments and messages, just as the angels of our Heavenly Father who come to sacred events. There is a special kindness and mercy with the angels of our Earthly Mother, rather like tzaddikim generating an Emanation Body and incarnating to be present with us, and seen and heard by us, for unlike the angels of the Heavenly Father who are often invisible to us, and their presence unknown to us, we are able to see, and hear, and know the presence of the angels of our Earthly Mother who visit us.

The angels of our Heavenly Father and Earthly Mother, though, in truth are completely interwoven and inseparable from one another; angels of heaven are within and behind all that appears, even a blade of grass or speck of sand has an angel of heaven within and behind it. Truly, God is within everything, and the Spirit of God, the Word of God, is the life and light of all things, all beings. In all that surrounds us, God is with us, and God is speaking to us, and all that transpires is in God. Praise God!

God is always with us, and so also angels of God are always with us, and as we open to the Holy Light and Spirit of God, we will become aware of this more and more, and our communion will deepen.

Now, the angels of our Earthly Mother that appear during sacred events are all messengers bearing blessings from God, empowerments from the Spirit of God, and they do reflect, and communicate, something about our soul, our person and life, and our spiritual gifts, and our work and mission in this life; all that appears and transpires surrounding our initiation, or a moment of empowerment, we receive as the Spirit of God speaking to us, blessing and empowering us, and guiding us in the Way. Tikkunim of our soul may, indeed, be revealed through angels of our Earthly Mother, but not just in the sense of things to be rectified and overcome, but rather in the sense of talents, abilities, spiritual powers, to be actualized, realized and embodied in service to the kingdom of heaven and God. Thus, we will look into the knowledge and powers animal people carry that show up or appear at an initiation or empowerment, or any sacred event, and we will seek to find the corresponding knowledge and power in ourselves, and seek to draw it out and make use of it in service to others and God. Likewise, we will watch what they do, and what transpires, surrounding the sacred event, the movement of the Spirit of God, and we will “read the signs” and listen to the Living Presence of God with us. In this way we receive the full blessing and empowerment God intends for us, and we commune with God in what appears and transpires; and naturally, we will give praise and thanks to God for all that transpires, receiving all that transpires as from God, or as the manifestation of Divine Providence.

Understand, within and behind what is visible and apparent to us, there is the invisible and what is hidden – the Spirit of God, angels, and various spiritual beings-forces; through what is visible, through what appears and transpires, what is invisible and what is hidden is revealed and made known to us, if we learn how to look and see, and listen and hear.

On the day of your baptism and anointing, along with angels of your Earthly Mother there were angels of your Heavenly Father present with you; of that you can be assured, for when we pray, meditate and enact sacred ceremony, always there are angels of God that come and take up the worship of God with us.

When we speak of our Earthly Mother and Heavenly Father, of course, always we are speaking of the One God, the immanent and transcendent presence of the Infinite One (Ain Sof).

In closing we can say, Reality as It Is, this is the “Mother” – God with us! Praise God!

May God bless you and keep you dear sister!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Yonah

#13 Postby Yonah » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:54 pm

Greetings!

Thank you Misty for bringing forth this topic and thank you Tau Malachi for drawing out these mysteries.

As the lineage holder here in Austin, I have had the honor of being part of many initiations. Because Austin can go through periods of drought, we have selected a beautiful location that has a natural spring for our initiations. This location is always green and always has water so it is ideal for performing the three-fold rite.

It always amazes me how different each individual initiation is. One may think that performing the same initiation process at the same location would become very familiar – but it is not. Every time is a very unique and beautiful experience. I have noticed a different “texture” to each experience that has everything to do with the energy of the person being initiated. Many different animals have shown up and many different energetic movements have taken place.
It’s fascinating to think of the different spiritual forces that are present for each person’s experience. I have felt the presence of our Earthly Mother’s and our Heavenly Father’s angels at every baptism, chrism, & wedding feast. Sometimes the initiate is only aware of the physical manifestations but sometimes they can see the bigger picture which brings much awe. I’ve seen these angelic presences and their blessings follow an individual after the day of their initiation. Many times the experience will culminate in dream time or over a couple days following the event. I have the sense that the process changes the angel of the initiate as well as the person him/herself? I would love to explore this mystery further!

We currently have two aspirants in Magdalene Circle that have invoked initiation. I plan to ask both to read Tau Malachi’s response to Misty’s question because I think it is a great reminder to watch and see what will transpire from the event.

Shalom, Yonah
Shalom,
Yonah
EPS Columbus Gathering

Elder Sarah
Site Admin

#14 Postby Elder Sarah » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:35 pm

Shalom!

You bring us an important point Bishop Yonah, "To watch and see what will transpire". To me, this becomes essential in continuum. We are taught, to enter into a sacred event we must watch what is happening before, during and after and this will tell us much about the event itself, and what is happening within and behind such events. This practice becomes a large part of how we enter into events in a sacred manner. What this begins to train us then is how to always watch with these eyes. Everything around us is always telling us what is happening if we look with eyes of wonder. Not only does this allow us to see within and behind all that is happening, it also allows us to enter in beauty and holiness. To walk as the "observer" or "witness" of all that is transpiring is to walk in a state that is not so attached to the "I" thought. As ideas of self dissolve, we open more to look and see all that surrounds. In this way we can see others and certain needs, we can pray different when we are not so attached to name and form.

To walk in love and honor of the earthly mother feels as a walk as the "observer". I often wonder if to walk in this way, honoring these angels and honoring the earth is how these angels can move with us. Reminds of the Raven that fed Elijah in the wilderness, or how Yeshua walked on water. I think there is much to this contemplation, one that leads to great depth!

Thank you Misty for drawing upon this!

May we rise up to walk with you Holy Mother!

Shalom,
Elder Sarah

Yonah

#15 Postby Yonah » Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:29 pm

Greetings!

Thank you Elder Sarah for taking this dialog further and taking this not just into initiation but into everything we do in continuum. Praise our Holy Mother!

I was mentoring my sister who will be initiated later this month here in Austin and this dialog came up. My sister and I were dialoging on how to approach initiation and how to walk through the movement into being a companion and then further into our path.

I love how you brought out that walking as the “observer” has something to do with the miracles that our Mother bestowed on Elijah and Yeshua. If we watch and see as we enter initiation and as we enter into all movements of the continuum then miracles will transpire for us as well. If we enter with preconceptions or blocks, we may not see what the Spirit is doing all around us.

One thing that came from my dialog with my dear sister was that we also need to bring the ego along in the process. This fits with other discussion in the
forums, but I think it also fits into this dialog. Often we try to ignore the ego in the movement and, of course, it then rears its ugly head either in judgment or fear. I believe there is something about inviting the ego along, bringing the passion it can manifest, into the work. Why not have pride in being initiated and becoming a companion in the Tradition? As long as this is balanced with the knowledge that there much to learn and that we are part of something with many other individuals, I think that pride and passion can serve us and our part of the great work!

I’m very eager to see what transpires in the two initiations we are doing in a couple of weeks. I am asking both aspirants to read Tau Malachi’s response to Misty’s post because I think it is a great preparation for someone walking into the three-fold rite.

I am also very interested to see where this contemplation goes and what other insights can be drawn out. I think you are very right that there is much to this and much that can be drawn out. Thank you for entering the dance!!

Shalom, Yonah
Shalom,
Yonah
EPS Columbus Gathering

sheryl
Site Admin

#16 Postby sheryl » Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:57 pm

Shalom Brothers and Sisters!

What a delightful dance! Thank you for this discussion. Praise to our Mother!

How wonderful to hear of the upcoming initiations, Bishop Yonah!

While reading Elder Sarah's teaching, it came to mind that she was speaking of abiding in awareness from the place of unity, of both time and space: before, during and after a sacred event is one movement, just as our connection with all that is arising is one movement.

It is taught that we all approach the lineage first seeking for self alone - perhaps full of "I thought". It seems our initiation, our advent into sacred ceremony, is a grand opportunity, if we are able to so abide, to receive a taste of shifting from "I" as the observer, to simply observing, being aware of the moment, of what is arising in space and time in that moment, before, during and after, we learning from our Earthly Mother's, angels, as our Tau spoke, and becoming part of what is transpiring instead of simply observing, the observer as awareness itself instead of the subject.

May our Austin Circle continue to be blessed!

With abundant gratitude,

Sheryl

Elder Sarah
Site Admin

#17 Postby Elder Sarah » Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:11 am

Shabbat Shalom!

Abiding and praise and thanksgiving on this Holy day of Shabbat!

Where you have taken this Bishop Yonah and Sister Sheryl reminds of a recent teaching I heard of Tau Malachi's when we were on spiritual retreat, this teaching is very appropriate in this contemplation and I feel draws further on this idea of how to walk as an initiate, as the observer.

In the journey we were discussing how in moments of Light Transmission it can be observed by those who are around that Holy Tzaddik is interconnected to all things. For example, there was an occasion where I witnessed a companion speak, in a very Holy and Sacred moment of ceremony, that the body of Tzaddik was arising as all things around. It was spoken that Body of Tzaddik was in the sky and beyond, even that sacred gesture done in the physical moved the stars is the physical. It was witnessed the actual physical cows in the location where moving with the invocations and even taking up roles in the visionary dimensions. In this discussion, I asked, How it is so that all things around can begin to apparently move with Body of Tzaddik?

The answer continues to astonish me! I was said, in these moments one is witnessing communion. One is witnessing the Human One of Light communing with all things. This spins a new angle of what it means to walk as an initiate. This walk is one of communion, one of love. See, it is not as though a Holy Tzaddik sets out to externally "move" all things, in fact, if we do this, we are entering into a hefty state of the illusion of separation! No, rather, in any movement in continuum a Holy Tzaddik is setting out to commune, to love, to adore Creator and Creation.

With this in mind, setting out in an initiation, indeed we need to bring all of us along, as you mention Bishop Yonah. Bringing all of us along is bringing all into this communion, this Sacred walk. In this way, this movement becomes very magical! In fact everything is very magical here, we just often look past this, as you pointed out, miracles are happening all of the time.

May we arise to worship and beauty and holiness this day of Shabbat!

Shalom,
Elder Sarah

Yonah

#18 Postby Yonah » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:15 pm

Greetings Sisters!

Thank you Sheryl for linking the seeking for self alone and then moving into seeking for all through the movement of initiation. What a beautiful insight. It is true that many approach lineage and their spiritual path from a place of “my path” or “my enlightenment”. When one seeks to actually become part of an anointed community there seems to be a shift to “we are all in this together”. I believe that if the initiate can be an observer, but also be part of a movement that is bigger than themselves, seeing that their initiation is actually a movement of the whole community and part of the Second Coming, then it is quite a larger movement. Beautiful!!!

Thank you Elder Sarah for sharing that moment in community and the great depth of teaching within it. It seems that Tzaddik is community and community is Tzaddik. We know that a Tzaddik can accomplish is tied to the matrix of their companions… So, something of this initiation process changes the individual but it also is something that can enhance this matrix and bring more light into the world through Tzaddik. This means to me that if we don’t bring all of ourselves along in the process, observe, but be part of the whole movement and see its interconnection, we are missing something of the big picture of what is really transpiring. There is something here of the illusion of separation. If the initiate can move through this illusion and be completely present with community and God (with all the earthly and heavenly angels) then miracles happen! We know the initiation is not the end of the story, but it seems that how one enters this movement may have quite an effect on their path.

I love how you bring up how it becomes very magical. You are so right that as people we often miss the magic because they are looking past what is happening instead of moving within it.

I plan to share all of this with my initiates! I have already shared Tau Malachi’s response to Misty, but in mentoring I will draw out what has been said in your posts!

Thank you so much for dancing this dance with me!

Shalom, Yonah
Shalom,
Yonah
EPS Columbus Gathering

Yonah

#19 Postby Yonah » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:01 am

Greetings!

We performed two initiations here in Austin this past Saturday. There were some major movements and a lot of energy. All that were present were touched deeply. I thought it applicable to talk a little about the initiations as they are pertinent to his discussion.

I won't share the whole experience, but there is one piece to what transpired that was a very powerful reminder that angels are present for our initiations.

Because Austin has so little water, we always go to a place called Krause Springs that is in the Texas hill country. There is a natural spring and always water. Very beautiful place with uncharacteristically large trees for this part of Texas.

When we arrived at the spring, there were no people in or around the water. We set up our stuff at a stone table not too far from the area, got everyone ready, opened in prayer, and turned around. Out of seemingly nowhere, there were now about 15 people (adults and children) all playing and talking around the water. This included a group of 6 young men that appeared to be around 20 years old. We were all shocked how many people were there because it was a chilly day for Texas summer (only about 70 degrees) and early morning.

When we went over to the water to get in.. all the people exited the water and stood on the other side watching. There was no sense of them being freaked out or irritated, just observing. This is very strange because usually when there are people at the spring during an initiation they usually ignore us and just carry on with what they are doing. We performed the baptisms (with many signs & wonders transpiring). When we left the water, the people got in and went back to what they were doing before we arrived.

We went back to our stone table and completed the initiations. When we turned around to leave, there was not one person at the water or in the vicinity. Everything had become completely calm.

I, of course, believe that the people that were at the pool were human beings, but the movement was so particular and odd that I cannot believe it was coincidence. It seems that angelic presences wished to make their presence known so they used humans as place holders for the event.

I had shared with both initiates Tau Malachi's post in this thread and some of your thoughts, so they were present at every moment expecting angels to be with us. There was no doubt that they were.

As an aside, when we were driving away, we saw 3 deer on the side of the road - a Mother and 2 babies (still with white spots). One of those being initiated loves deer and was praying for deer to be with us, but never expected this configuration because babies are out of season. It seemed symbolic of our Mother with her two children (that had just been initiated).

Thank you all again for this wonderful thread...
It has helped the companions here in Austin on their journey.
Shalom, Yonah
Shalom,
Yonah
EPS Columbus Gathering

sheryl
Site Admin

#20 Postby sheryl » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:20 pm

Shalom Bishop Yonah,

It is a blessing to hear of the initiations that took place this past Saturday. Thank you for sharing of the event and the works and wonders that transpired during and afterwards.

May the new initiates continue to be blessed, bringing blessings to all.

With gratitude,

Sheryl

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#21 Postby Tau Malachi » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:31 pm

Greetings and blessings in the Holy Light of the Messiah!

That sounds like a very powerful experience my brother – a wonderful blessing for all who were involved, directly or indirectly.

There is another layer of angels and spirits visiting sacred events that I had in mind to share when I wrote my previous post. As much as coming to give blessings and empowerments, there are spirits, and angels, that come to receive. Thus, in any such movement, while there are angels and spirits that come to bless us and uplift us, so also there are angels and spirits that come seeking to be blessed and uplifted.

In this we may understand that the appearance of a given creature may correspond with a blessing and message from the angel of its kind, but it may also be that the spirit or soul that appears is seeking a blessing or empowerment, or is beginning to be attracted to the Holy Light.

If and when the appearance of a creature is for the sake of receiving blessings or empowerments, or to be uplifted by the movement of the Holy Spirit, at times we may find interesting messages or revelations in this, for these encounters may indicate a work or mission we have come to do, or some aspect of tikkune ha-olam that is given to us. Thus, at times, such visitation may give us a deep glimpse into our spiritual labor as individuals and a group.

This is another layer of interpretation of the creatures we encounter at sacred events that I thought good to share.

Shalom Aleichem!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Yonah

#22 Postby Yonah » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:29 pm

Greetings Tau Malachi!

Thank you so much for this message and this teaching.

How beautiful... so, some of these beings that are representing angels and spirits were not just there to give blessings, but to receive. That makes sense based on other teachings, but not something I had considered in the play of initiation. How wonderful that we are able to impart as we receive.

At this particular initiation, the trees were extremely present. Everyone in attendance stated that it felt like the trees weren't just there, but that they were truly present for the initiation. We set up under a very large (very rare in Austin) cedar tree. I couldn't help but think of an angel of Ashera. The mother deer and her two babies also seemed like angels of the Mother and so symbolic of Ma with the two initiates.

The people were the strangest experience I have ever encountered in an initiation. As I read your teaching, I do get the sense that some of them were spirits there to receive. It was very much like a flock of birds swooping and then taking off after they were done. It was beautiful experience and I look forward to sharing this with the initiates.

Thank you!
Aleichem Shalom,
Yonah
Shalom,
Yonah
EPS Columbus Gathering

Yonah

#23 Postby Yonah » Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:08 pm

Greetings!

I wanted to share that we performed another initiation at Magdalene Circle yesterday. Yet again, Ma provided and gave a beautiful message for those who had eyes to see.

Yesterday was a cold and rainy day in Austin (of course, for Austin, cold was in the 60s). We were expected to have thunder storms pretty much all day which would have meant we would have had to reschedule. Amazingly, the lightning ended Friday night and when we got out to the location where we hold our initiations, they had not had any rain that day and none came until after we were done and had left for home. Paul, the initiate, is somewhat shy so not having a lot of people at the spring was a huge blessing.

Because of the weather, no one was at the initiation site except for a troop of boy scouts. Right before we started the initiation, the troop was using the water for swimming tests. Three boys took the test, all passing. As soon as we were set up, they were done and left the water and went back to their camp sites. These three boys taking swimming tests seemed somewhat profound, especially based on timing.

As soon as we finished with the initiation, we saw several large vultures fly over where we were set up. In the end, 8 in total flew in unison above us. On the way home, we saw several large groups of vultures all hanging out together alongside the road. This is the largest number of vultures I have ever seen in Texas in the 8 years I have lived here.

It was a very beautiful and special day. Praise our Mother for her grace!
Shalom, Yonah
Shalom,
Yonah
EPS Columbus Gathering

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#24 Postby Tau Malachi » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:07 am

Shalom,

Young people learning and growing in life does seem to have a resonance with baptism and our rebirth in the Spirit that is represented by this ancient ritual of initiation.

Vulture, though, seems to be the messenger of the Spirit in the movement you are speaking about, and this implies a message of transformation and healing, as well as compassion and an empowerment for the discernment of spirits.

Blessings!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Return to “Earth Sophia: Stones, Plants & Animal People”