Verse 77- The Labor in the Light

Anna

Verse 77- The Labor in the Light

#1 Postby Anna » Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:42 pm

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

I have been contemplating this verse in a new light lately:

Jesus said, "It is I who am the Light which is above them all. It is I who am the all. From me did the all come forth, and unto me extend. Split a piece of wood, and I am there. Lift up the stone, and you will find me there."

The Holy Light is everywhere! Yes, but what I am hearing is that we have to seek it out. We have to do our own internal work to find this Light within us.

In going within and living within, I see a labor to discover the Light within and draw it out. Splitting wood is hard work. Lifting a stone, if it is heavy, requires effort. In these materials I am contemplating the klippoth that must be moved, the obstructions to the Holy Light that must be worked with and uplifted into reintegration with Yahweh, Light Continuum. The stone brings to mind the heart of stone of scripture, that heart that God longs to change into a heart of flesh.

"I will give them one heart, and put a new spirit within them; I will remove the heart of stone from their flesh and give them a heart of flesh," Ezekiel 11:19

The wood is also a hard substance that needs to be split open, reminding me of the circumcision of the heart. The Light is inside us, waiting for us to co-labor in the Spirit to draw it forth and embody it.

I wonder if this line of contemplation resonates with anyone and what might be drawn out of the labor spoken of in this verse.

Shalom!
Anna

sheryl
Site Admin

Re: Verse 77- The Labor in the Light

#2 Postby sheryl » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:32 pm

Shalom Sister Anna!

Thank you for this delightful contemplation! This Gospel and verse are among my favorites.

I much enjoyed what you have drawn out about labor, your words reminding that it is Christ who labors. Our co-labor is one of faith, hope, and love, as you mentioned, abiding in daily spiritual living and practicing.

It comes to mind that our labor is not a struggle if we abide, just be, in peace, with things just as they are, in faith, hope and love.

A verse from another Gospel comes to mind:

Amen, Amen, I tell you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and dies, it remains just a single grain; but if it dies, it bears much fruit.

It comes to mind that just being in challenging times is to fall to earth and die.

Letting the wood be axed and the stone be lifted.

Something caught my eye in this verse as well. Amen, Amen. This brings to mind Elder Gideon's post on Amen Aman:

Aman is the word for craftsperson as well as artist. Aman. The same letters with different vowels that spell Amen: So Be It!

Tau has shared from one of the earliest posts in our forum, Amen is an alternative name for Keter (Crown), the first Sefirah on the Tree of Life, for then one becomes aware of amen as an invocation of the spiritual energy of Keter. In other words amen is a word of great power.

We have then, an unbelievable beauty, given that Keter intends to be made manifest through Malkut, Amen by an aman.

One cannot help but consider that the unbelievable beauty Elder Gideon speaks of is the death of the single grain of wheat - Keter manifest through Malkut, the Light within matter revealed.

Thank you, Sister, for stirring these contemplations.

With gratitude,

Sheryl

staroath

#3 Postby staroath » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:14 pm

Shalom dear Sisters,

What is speaking to me in this splitting and lifting contemplation and the labor involved in the seeing of God in all things, are pointed at in this older post by Tau:

Quote:
The personal effort required is a threefold spiritual labor of aspiration, purification and surrender. We see this in the story of Abraham – in aspiration he goes forth into the unknown wilderness, and he enacts a covenant of circumcision in due season, purifying himself, and then he lives in surrender, even to the point of willingness to offer up his most precious and beloved son.
Indeed, a vigilant, unfailing, constant aspiration is necessary – the full force of the mind’s will and the heart’s passionate yearning for the ascent of the vital being in the fruition of love; and with all of this, the willingness to make the physical consciousness and life pliable to the Supreme Will, the Divine Will.
With this spiritual aspiration in place, then there must be a purification of all movements of the lower nature, and the sublimation of desire-energy: the purification of your preconceptions, preconditions and expectations, the mind’s ides, preferences, habits and constructs, so that the Gnosis of Truth may find open space in a silent and receptive mind –

Purification also of the vital nature and its desires, demands, passions, cravings, sentiments, selfishness, pride, arrogance, greed, lust, envy, jealousy and hostility to the Truth and Light, so that the Divine Power and Joy from above may pour into a peaceful, spacious, strong and consecrated vital being –

Purification of the physical nature’s dull stupidity, disbelief, doubt, obscurity, obstinacy, laziness, pettiness and unwillingness to change or be transformed, so that the True Light, Power and Joy might enter and indwell the living temple of the Human One – the true temple of the Living God (Hayyah Elohim).

Purified in this way, we consecrate ourselves and surrender ourselves – offering ourselves up to the Spirit of Adonai; offering the whole of ourselves and our lives, all that we are and all that we have and all that we do, offering up every level of our consciousness and being, and every movement, to El Elyon, God Most High, and the Holy Shekinah.
In proportion to the degree we enact this surrender and self-consecration – as it progresses, more and more the aspirant becomes conscious of the Shekinah of Messiah performing the spiritual life and practice, pouring with, in and through him or herself more and more, founding him or her in the freedom and perfection of the Divine Nature (neshamah). The more this conscious process takes the place of the aspirant’s own efforts, the more rapid and true their progress becomes – and it is in this that a Thunderbolt Enlightenment becomes possible. However, this movement of the Shekinah of Messiah cannot replace personal effort until the surrender and consecration are pure and complete on all levels – spiritual, mental, vital and physical."

What initially troubled me in reading such profound poetic posts from Tau, was the voice in me saying, how can one EVER achieve such pure and complete surrender, and honestly to this day I ponder this mystery.

In the following years I have come to take comfort in the idea that the realization is always on-going, with new horizons ever apppearing into the distance infinite and eternal, with the effort and joy and sometimes sorrow of climbing each mountain range only to view another level of possible surrender.

So each day we split the wood and lift the rock and see an ever progressing vision of God in all things, and yes I do believe it takes an on-going and perhaps never ending labor.

Let us lift and split in joy in good times and bad, for our very labor has been already accomplished in and by our Redeemer, Adonai Yeshua Messiah, whose Yoke is Light, and in our hearts we know that truly we do this for all beings.

Blessed Be,
Star

sheryl
Site Admin

#4 Postby sheryl » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:27 pm

Shalom, Dear Sister!

Thank for sharing of our Tau's wisdom in this discussion! Praise to She in whom we live and breath and have our being!

Aspiration, purification, and surrender, these three well describe our toil or spiritual labor. Likewise, the Six Essentials (cleaving to the Risen Savior, cleaving to Tzaddik - both inner and outer, cleaving to anointed community, gifted worship, hitbodedut or unceasing prayer, and good works!), and Three Roots (remember your transcendence, set your mind on those things that are above, and remember that God is always with you) also point to the spiritual labor to which we are called.

I am reminded of something Master Yeshua taught:

"Come to me, all you that are weary and are carrying heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me; for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”

As Sister Anna has shared, splitting wood and lifting stones is hard work! The mystery in these actions feels to be in the work of Grace, removing obstacles, circumcision of the heart.

A well know verse comes to mind:

A voice cries in the wilderness prepare the way of Yahweh;
make straight in the desert a highway for Elohenu.
Every valley shall be lifted up,
and every mountain and hill be made low;
the uneven ground shall become level,
and the rough places a plain.
And the glory of Yahweh shall be revealed,
and all flesh shall see it together,
for the mouth of Yahweh has spoken.

The Prophet Micah, speaks of the same:

For lo, Yahweh is coming out of his place,
and will come down and tread upon the high places of the earth.
Then the mountains will melt under him
and the valleys will burst open,
like wax near the fire,
like waters poured down a steep place.

May the boulders in our consciousness be lifted, may our heart be circumcised so that we might see God in all things.

With gratitude,

Sheryl

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#5 Postby Tau Malachi » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:54 pm

Grace and peace to you in Hayyah Yeshua!

This is a very beautiful contemplation, and I’m quite struck by the insight of the implication of action or work for the discovery and revelation of the light hidden within creatures and creation.

A few thoughts come to mind. First, that if this holy light is in wood and stone, then it is in all things and pervades all creation; understanding this, then we understand that this holy light is even hidden in our bodies, in the cells composing them, all the way to the atomic and subatomic particles. If so near, and the light is not distant from us, then this light is very accessible to us, and when we look into it we will discover that our true being, true existence, is this holy light, Or Ain Sof, the “Light of the Infinite.” Second, the action or work to be done for the discovery and realization of this hidden light is twofold, first the co-labor to enter into direct experience of this light and recognize this light. Then the co-labor to actualize and realize this holy light, living according to the truth and light revealed, and embodying it; hence, living in the awareness of this light (spacious radiant awareness).

First there is the co-labor to experience and receive the light transmission – the discovery, recognition, of this light and the power of light; once there is recognition, then there is the labor of realization – living this faith and knowledge, this awareness.

One cannot help but contemplate the awareness of this light hidden in all things as the awareness of the kingdom of heaven within and all around you, or “spread out upon the earth,” which as Yeshua says in this gospel, “few have eyes to see it,” or ‘few have the awareness to recognize it.’ Understanding that it is awareness that brings the capacity for the experience and reception of the light transmission, or recognition of the light within all things, then fundamentally our co-labor is for the generation of the presence of awareness, or the cultivation of mindfulness and alertness.

Here we need to share that this presence of awareness corresponds with the opening of our heart – a spacious heart, spacious awareness, which in turn opens our mind and aligns our energetic being with Christ, the Savior.

If we consider the generation of the presence of awareness, it corresponds with the practice of the Three Roots: 1) Remembering God with us; 2) Setting our minds on those things that are above; 3) Remembering our transcendence.

There is another spiritual labor that comes to mind, seeing the light, the good, within everything in life and seeking to draw it out. This, of course, corresponds with the practice of seeing the good in oneself and others, receiving all as from God, and cultivating joy, rejoicing in the presence of God.

These were a few thoughts I was inclined to share.

Shalom Aleichem
Tau Malachi
Sophia Fellowship
Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Martina

#6 Postby Martina » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:00 am

Shalom Tau Malachi and Dear Sisters!

Praise be to Mother Spirit for this contemplation!

Apart from the wisdom Tau has shared here I am struck by the teachings from Tau that sister Star quoted in her post:

“Indeed, a vigilant, unfailing, constant aspiration is necessary – the full force of the mind’s will and the heart’s passionate yearning for the ascent of the vital being in the fruition of love; and with all of this, the willingness to make the physical consciousness and life pliable to the Supreme Will, the Divine Will.
With this spiritual aspiration in place, then there must be a purification of all movements of the lower nature, and the sublimation of desire-energy: the purification of your preconceptions, preconditions and expectations, the mind’s ides, preferences, habits and constructs, so that the Gnosis of Truth may find open space in a silent and receptive mind –

Purification also of the vital nature and its desires, demands, passions, cravings, sentiments, selfishness, pride, arrogance, greed, lust, envy, jealousy and hostility to the Truth and Light, so that the Divine Power and Joy from above may pour into a peaceful, spacious, strong and consecrated vital being –

Purification of the physical nature’s dull stupidity, disbelief, doubt, obscurity, obstinacy, laziness, pettiness and unwillingness to change or be transformed, so that the True Light, Power and Joy might enter and indwell the living temple of the Human One – the true temple of the Living God (Hayyah Elohim).”

I have never heard this so clearly before and I am very grateful that it has been shared in this thread again.

Would it be right to aspire in this to a certain effortlessness like a Marathon runner? Can what we are doing become our second nature? Sister Sheryl's quote from the Gospel of Matthew seems to point to this:

"Come to me, all you that are weary and are carrying heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me; for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”

In gratitude,
Martina
Martina

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#7 Postby Tau Malachi » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:34 am

Shalom -

Yes indeed Martina, what is realized becomes our 'second nature,' as though a subconscious endowment, and in this there is an experience of effortlessness and 'no practice.'

Blessings!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

staroath

The Labor in the Light- Attention and Intention

#8 Postby staroath » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:18 pm

Shalom!
Tau, thank you for your response to my query in regards to an older and earlier post regarding aspiration, purification and surrender.

If I am hearing correctly I feel perhaps you are pointing to the recent essentualization and a new way of looking at aspiration, purification and surrender in the form of the Three Roots.

If I may I would like to join with these insights the recent contemplation of the dance of Attention and Intention in day to day activities all well as in theurgic movements.

It seems that in our Sophian terminology "attention" can be translated into the word "concentration" and the word "intention" can be become "conscious intention".

What comes to mind is the hebrew word Kavvanah can mean "focused awareness" or "concentration," and "conscious intention" and "feeling" or "devotion." Looking into the word kavvanah, I have a much greater and nuanced appreciation for the dept and complexity of meaning wheras before, I would simply say, "concentration" got it, let's move on.

Looking deeply into kavvanah and exploring the relationship of concentration and conscious intention, what comes to mind are the teachings on "Mastering One's Thoughts" as this relates to the 3 Roots.

In my understanding "Remembering Your Transcendence" relates to the Netivot between Keter and Tiferet, in our tradition this is the traveler Gimmel, the other 2 Roots flow from this essential pathway with the mastery of "Just Being", and the gazing into the complexity of the endless journey of our soul as has been shared recently.

How is this so? It has been spoken that to truly master our thoughts and have deep concentration and go where we want to go, we must have the EXPERIENCE of self being empty, any thought or emotion is no-thingness, void in it's essence and that we are TRANSCENDENT of these rambling sometimes troubling thoughts, this experience leads to the ability to begin to master our thoughts, speech and emotions and actions. Truly this can not be explained, but we can say this is why we practice Primordial Meditation, and can be likened to " lifting the rock and splitting wood" each day of our lives. Teachings point to the possibility that Presence of Awareness can dawn and that we can dance rapidly between clarity and confusion, seeing the flow and ebb of impermanence , viewing that which is in us that does not change and in the midst we can have repose- Transcendence.

Naturally what follows next is the pathway of Samek the netivot running from Tiferet to Yesod and the second root of "Seek the Things that Are Above". Provisionally this is said to be cleaving to the sefirot, the Divine Attributes, study of scripture, looking to see the good in oneself and others, drawing out the good in inauspicious circumstances, praying and invoking the Spirit of God and the angels and thereby the possibility exists of the shifting of the balance of spiritual forces in the matrix.

Engaging with full focus and concentration, cleaving with the heart, the mind literally merges with the sefirot and the Mysteries, also our speech, so also our desire and actions merge with the One, this is what we become,

The third Root is "Remember that God is Always with You", the netivot between Yesod and Malkut, our hebrew letter Tau. Teachings point to mastery of this third root by encouraging the cultivating of an interior dialouge with God, as if with a dear friend and the giving of praise and thanksgiving for ALL we recieve.

My ears are hearing in a new way that without this essential "Remembering of Our Transcendence", and this mastery of thought, concentration and intention, we can not truly "uplift our mind to the things that are above" and can not truly and fully "remember that God is always with us in all things."

Of curiosity and delight to me is the idea that this concentration must be a relaxed and playful and not held to forcefully...effortless and of second nature.

I would love to hear any other insights and corrections as I have summarized several postings and some discourses for my own learning and post here in case it may be helpful to others.
Star

Yonah

#9 Postby Yonah » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:15 pm

Greetings,

Thank you Sister Star for combining the ideas of intention and attention with the 3 Roots. While Elder Gideon was here in Austin visiting Magdalene Circle, he did an amazing job of presenting the 6 Essentials and 3 Roots. So, your post is very timely!

I believe that two of the most important areas to master in our Tradition is kavvanah, concentration or devotion, and devekut, cleaving or divine passion. I see both of these as critical to everything else we do. If we do not have the ability to focus our intent and cleave to God and our Tradition then we have nothing. It is so easy for this world and our culture to tell us that everything, literally everything, is more important than our path. If we have learned kavvanah and possess devekut then we realize that nothing is more important than our relationship with God which is so beautifully woven into our 6 Essentials and 3 Roots. These are what is truly important and what we must concentrate on and cleave to.

You have done a great job of explaining how the 3 Roots are based in kavvanah and I would argue that they are only possible with devekut. Concentration is how we are able to “Remember Our
Transcendence”, “Seek What is Above”, and “Remember that God is Always with Us”. This focused thought and concentration is what helps us to keep our “eye on the prize” so to speak and lets us see these truths as reality even in the face of difficulty. It is having passion for the 6 Essentials (Cleaving to Messiah, Cleaving to Tzaddik, Cleaving to Community, Hitbodedut – unceasing prayer, Gifted Worship, and Charity) that keeps that focus going and allows us to have the energy to focus our will and intent.

I’ve seen people fall away from path because they can’t keep their passion on the 6 Essentials which results in their focus on the 3 Roots to wane.

I’d like to know how we can help others renew and hold their passion for the 6 Essentials and keep their focus on the 3 Roots? Especially when it’s difficult and life is coming in a billion directions?

Shalom, Yonah
Shalom,
Yonah
EPS Columbus Gathering

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#10 Postby Tau Malachi » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:08 am

Grace and peace to you in Zaken Messiah!

First, I do not know that I’d say we cleave to “tradition.” That might be read or heard as cleaving to dogma and doctrine, and rite and ritual, rather like the Roman Church for example. Instead, we cleave to Christ and God, and to the Body of Christ – tzaddik and community, through whom the Christ-Spirit becomes realized and embodied, just as in our Elder Brother, Adonai Yeshua. In other words, we are cleaving to the Living Spirit, the Living Presence, transcendent and immanent, and indeed we cleave to the continuum of Light Transmission, or vehicle of the communication of this Living Spirit.

Cleaving to tzaddik and community is actually very important, for understanding the Christ-Spirit embodied in others, so we may understand that we are also called, and destined, to embody the Christ-Spirit. This view that we are to embody the Christ-Spirit in full, just as Yeshua and Mirya, or are meant to experience an actual self-realization or enlightenment in Christ, is at the very heart of the Gnostic faith and practice. If there is a passionate cleaving to “tradition” then, it is cleaving to the ongoing realization and embodiment of the Christ-Spirit, and Christ Consciousness.

The point I’m making, though, is important to pursuing your question Bishop Yonah, for the greatest help and support to others in their practice of the Six Essentials and Three Roots in difficult times comes from our own consistent practice of them throughout the various times of our life, the easy times and difficult times. The deeper our spiritual life and practice, the greater our kavvanah (focused awareness, concentration) and devekut (devotion, passion, cleaving), and the stronger our faith and knowledge, the greater benefit we can be to others; and naturally, as our spiritual realization matures we can be of incredible benefit to others through energetic transmission.

Look and see! Community, each and every member of the Living Body, is an object of cleaving – the Third Essential; innate to our cleaving to community, our anointed sisters and brothers, is seeking to generate merit, light-power, that might uplift others and provide some support and refuge to others. From the newest initiate among us, to the one who has sojourned the longest in this life, this is incumbent upon us all, for per our invocation that’s what it means to be a companion, a true follower of the Way.

We need to remember, the greater our progress and maturation in the Gospel, the deeper our spiritual realization, the greater the benefit we can be to others on psychic and spiritual levels. Thus, laboring with zeal for our own progress we labor for others also, and for the glorification of God and manifestation of the kingdom of heaven on earth.

As we know, through Divine Grace and the greater generation of the body of light there are many different forums of prayer and theurgic action that we can take up for sisters and brothers in need, both within and outside our spiritual community. Naturally, the deeper our continuum of daily prayer and meditation, and our communion with the Christ-Spirit and angels, the greater these spiritual works will be, with God’s help and blessing.

Of course, what we are talking about is kindling light and letting that light shine from within us.

In the Blessed Name of Messiah Yeshua, may this come to pass with us! Amen.

Shalom Aleichem!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Martina

#11 Postby Martina » Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:50 am

Greetings and Blessings in the Light of the Holy One!

Bishop Yonah asked: “I’d like to know how we can help others renew and hold their passion for the 6 Essentials and keep their focus on the 3 Roots? Especially when it’s difficult and life is coming in a billion directions?”

Our Tau shared: “The point I’m making, though, is important to pursuing your question Bishop Yonah, for the greatest help and support to others in their practice of the Six Essentials and Three Roots in difficult times comes from our own consistent practice of them throughout the various times of our life, the easy times and difficult times. The deeper our spiritual life and practice, the greater our kavvanah (focused awareness, concentration) and devekut (devotion, passion, cleaving), and the stronger our faith and knowledge, the greater benefit we can be to others; and naturally, as our spiritual realization matures we can be of incredible benefit to others through energetic transmission.”

To understand better what can be helpful I compared the Five Steps of Perfect Success with the Six Essentials, the Three Roots and core teachings from our tradition:

1. The view of perfect success – Complete faith in the Holy One

2. Consecration to the Divine – Complete surrender, self-offering and self-negation

3. Complete comitment – Kavvanah, concentration, devotion, Cleaving to Messiah,
Cleaving to Tzaddik, Cleaving to Community

4. Completely positive energy – Three Roots: Remember Your Transcendence,
Set Your Mind on Things Above, and Remember that God is Always With You

5. Perfect performance – Hitbodedut, Gifted Worship, Acts of Loving Kindness

This reminds me that is is important where we direct our energy.

I am grateful for any corrections.

In gratitude,
Martina
Martina

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#12 Postby Tau Malachi » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:15 am

Shalom,

The view of perfect success teaches us that what we perceive as "failure" is integral to success. It is the working out of what is needed to succeed. Likewise, and along a similar line of thought, it teaches us that growth and evolution happen in a wave-like motion of progress and regress, but ultimately always moving forward towards progress. Thus we are taught not to cling or react to apparent failure or regress, but to hold the more panoramic view of perfect success, envisioning our eventual success. This, of course, is joined with the view of true selfishness and our interconnection with others in the practice of perfect succession. Based upon this view of true selfishness and perfect success there are then five steps of perfect success:

1) A clear and conscious intention of the action to be taken.

2) Consecration of that intention and action to the Divine, and the invitation of the Divine to take it up.

3) Enacting the full range of action possible on our part, and engaging in a full release of our energy in the action, understanding that when our energy is exhausted the Divine Presence will take up the action; joined with this is the awareness that we are intimately connected to an infinite reserve of resource, opportunity, energy and so on, and are lacking nothing.

4) Completely positive, uplifted energy, and if any obstruction arises, going within oneself to work it out instead of looking outward.

5) Perfect performance, or perfect execution.

It all begins, of course, with a clear, conscious intention, hopefully one that is aligned and in harmony with the Divine, and in this, indeed, it is all a question of where and how we direct our energy. It is through thoughts and emotions, words and actions, that we direct our desire-energy. Thus, we pay close attention to these, especially our thoughts to see where we are directing our energy and soul.

Blessings!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Lydia

#13 Postby Lydia » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:24 am

Peace, Love and Light to you!

Dearest Tau, Tzaddik and Elders....thank you for these contemplations and teachings. They have been very much a part of my meditations of late, and so it was this morning that the Lord's Prayer came forward. I was searching the forums for correspondences between the 6 essentials, 3 roots, and 3 veils when I happened upon this thread. I have not been in the Tradition long enough to be so eloquent of speech, but below is where I am currently residing in illumination:

Matthew 6:9-13 (The Voice)
9 Your prayers, rather, should be simple, like this:
Our Father in heaven,
let Your name remain holy.
(Cleaving to Messiah, Tzaddik, Community - aspiration)
10 Bring about Your kingdom.
Manifest Your will here on earth,
as it is manifest in heaven.
(Prayer, Worship, Charity - purification)
11 Give us each day that day’s bread—no more, no less—
(God is with us– Tau - Veil of Qeshet (Peh) – surrender)
12 And forgive us our debts
as we forgive those who owe us something.
(Seek what is above - Samekh - Veil of Paroket (Teth) - surrender)
13 Lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
(Remember our transcendence – Gimel – Abyss (Dalet) - surrender)
[But let Your kingdom be,
and let it be powerful
and glorious forever. Amen.][a]
(Keter, Hokmah, Binah – Ain, Ain Sof, Ain Sof Or)
Footnotes:
a. 6:13 Some early manuscripts omit this portion.

So, in keeping with the topic of this thread, when one comes to the ascent/descent of the 3 roots and the 3 veils, maybe it can be said that we begin with Tau and encounter the first veil of personal karma. The labor of surrender is thus involved in those activities related to overcoming the illusion of separation in terms of identity with Nefesh. If achieved, then we proceed on to Samekh and the veil of the karmic matrix. We may be in greater unity, but the labor of surrender is involved in those activities related to overcoming the illusion in terms of relationship with others and temporal manifestations. If we can grasp beyond this, then the final encounter is that with the Abyss through Gimel, and here I am reminded of the lesson of the crystal sphere, where one's perception must be realigned lest we fall back into the previous realms. With this I feel the essence of running and returning, each time perhaps pushing through the Abyss just a little further until we are finally through to the Supernal Realm in full enlightenment and liberation.

For those who have answered the call of teachers and guides, I imagine that one must first make an objective assessment of the aspirant's current trials, and then the answer to how to best aid them can be found in the steps here provided by others. I think the process is the same for each companion, as we come into greater awareness. And for me, recitation of the Lord's Prayer now holds a much greater empowerment for my spirit.

I welcome your continued dialogue and clarifications. Thank you.

May the blessings of Yeshua and Kallah Messiah fill our every day!

Elder Gideon
Site Admin

Lord's Prayer

#14 Postby Elder Gideon » Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:20 am

Shalom Friends!

I'm very glad you brought up the Lord's Prayer, Lydia. The more I work with this, using kavvanot from our oral tradition, the more it helps me understand, and intend, service of the harvest of souls.

Deep in the Order of St. Gabriel forum, there are many hidden treasures, one of which I'm bringing forward in response to your inspiration with the Lord's Prayer. It comes from a topic called The Art of Prayer & the Way of the Navim - Prophets. Within this extensive conversation is subtopic called Prayers for the Divine Presence & the World from Oct 01, 2007. I copied and pasted the most essential part for all to glean:

Essential Kavvanot in the Lord’s Prayer

Abide for a moment in Primordial Meditation, and return your heart to the Place (Makom); turn your mind to the Holy One and Shekinah, and cleave in your heart to the Messiah and Shekinah of Messiah – and then pray.

Our Father in heaven, hollowed be Your Name – focus your strength on the Holy Name of Yahweh

Your kingdom come – focus your strength on Adonai-Malkut, the Divine Presence

Your will be done – focus your strength upon Eheieh-Ratzon-Keter

On earth as it is in heaven – focus your strength on the influx of all Holy Sefirot into the Presence-Malkut, and so into your very own body.

Give is this day our daily bread – focus you strength on Yeshua-Tiferet.

And for give us our debts as we forgive our debtors – focus your strength upon El Shaddai-Yesod.

And do not bring us into the time of trial, but rescue us from the evil one – focus your stength upon Yahweh Elohim-Da’at.

For You are – focus your strength upon El Elyon-Keter

The Kingdom – focus your strength upon Adonai-Malkut

And the Power – focus your strength upon Elohim-Gevurah

And the Glory – focus your strength upon El-Hesed

Forever – focus your strength upon Hayyah Yeshua, the Risen Messiah

Amen – focus your strength upon Kallah Messiah and the World-To-Come, New Jerusalem.

Then, intone Yeshua Messiah, and say Hallelu Yah! Amen; with the conscious intention that all beings might be blessed and redeemed.

A Kabbalistic Cross may be used to energize this movement if you wish.

As in the beginning, this movement of made complete be returning to Primordial Meditation, if only for a moment.

These are the essential kavvanot of the Lord’s Prayer.

As you might feel, these kavvanot are exhaustless! I would highly recommend that anyone drawn to this practice with the Lord's Prayer concentrate on these kavvanot as they are introduced here by Tau, for they are more than enough. While related, the Six Essentials and Three Roots are a different context which I would keep distinct, like various servings of food on a plate. To grow your familiarity with these distinct contexts will empower how they might later relate, overlap, or echo with each other.

I'll be curious to hear how this practice with the Lord's Prayer grows your experience!

Shalom!

Elder Gideon

Lydia

#15 Postby Lydia » Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:24 am

Ahhhh, yes! Thank you, Elder Gideon for bringing forth the clarification!

I have very recently been working with the Order of St. Gabriel, along with the recent teachings of the 6 essentials and 3 roots. I am familiar with the post which you mention, and undoubtedly have seen this about the Lord's Prayer, but I had not registered it firmly in my consciousness, until now. Hence, I merged the two, but do appreciate the distinctiveness also. I very much look forward to working with this essential kavvanot going forward. Again, I appreciate you!!

Blessings of peace and love,

Lydia

Brother Brian

#16 Postby Brother Brian » Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:17 am

Shalom Lydia and Elder Gideon

This is a most wonderful energetic prayer that has been part of continuum for sometime now. Sometime's the wording is changed but the energy of the movement is still manifested and I wanted to share the wording that sometimes is changed for me, for it to be a blessing.

Essential Kavvanot in the Lord’s Prayer

Abide for a moment in Primordial Meditation, and return your heart to the Place (Makom); turn your mind to the Holy One and Shekinah, and cleave in your heart to the Messiah and Shekinah of Messiah – and then pray.

Our Father in heaven, hollowed be Your Name – focus your strength on the Holy Name of Yahweh

Sometimes it is spoken our Father - Mother in Heaven and vibrate (speak) the name Yahweh - Elohim

Your kingdom come – focus your strength on Adonai-Malkut, the Divine Presence
Your Presence manifest

Your will be done – focus your strength upon Eheieh-Ratzon-Keter

On earth as it is in heaven – focus your strength on the influx of all Holy Sefirot into the Presence-Malkut, and so into your very own body.

Give is this day our daily bread – focus you strength on Yeshua-Tiferet.

And for give us our debts as we forgive our debtors – focus your strength upon El Shaddai-Yesod.

And do not bring us into the time of trial, but rescue us from the evil one – focus your stength upon Yahweh Elohim-Da’at.

And deliver us from the illusion of separation, bringing us into remembrance of Holy One of being.

For You are – focus your strength upon El Elyon-Keter

The Kingdom – focus your strength upon Adonai-Malkut

And the Power – focus your strength upon Elohim-Gevurah

And the Glory – focus your strength upon El-Hesed

Forever – focus your strength upon Hayyah Yeshua, the Risen Messiah

Amen – focus your strength upon Kallah Messiah and the World-To-Come, New Jerusalem.

Then, intone Yeshua Messiah, and say Hallelu Yah! Amen; with the conscious intention that all beings might be blessed and redeemed.

A Kabbalistic Cross may be used to energize this movement if you wish.

As in the beginning, this movement of made complete be returning to Primordial Meditation, if only for a moment.

These are the essential kavvanot of the Lord’s Prayer.

Just these little changes in the wording with this prayer opens up my understanding more and it becomes more of a blessing. This is something that has been much help to me energetically to become more lucid in our daily walk with God. What a powerful practice this can become with the recent teachings on the three roots as well. I pray that this is good to share and any correction.

May God deliver us this day from the illusion of lack and deliver us into this Kingdom now for the people and land! Amen!
Shalom
Brother Brian

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#17 Postby Tau Malachi » Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:11 am

Shalom,

It seems to me that the Lord's Prayer was meant as an example of how to pray, according to what is written in the Gospel of St. Matthew. As such it can be a source of inspiration for countless prayers and is subject to a vast range of interpretation.

Blessings!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Elder Gideon
Site Admin

#18 Postby Elder Gideon » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:25 pm

Shalom Friends

There is an evil that I have seen under the sun, as great an error as if it proceeded from the ruler: folly is set in many high places, and the rich sit in a low place. I have seen slaves on horseback, and princes walking on foot like slaves.
Whoever digs a pit will fall into it;
and whoever breaks through a wall will be bitten by a snake.
Whoever quarries stones will be hurt by them;
and whoever splits logs will be endangered by them.
If the iron is blunt, and one does not whet the edge,
then more strength must be exerted;
but wisdom helps one to succeed.
If the snake bites before it is charmed,
there is no advantage in a charmer.
(Ecclesiastes 10:5-11).

In a recent close reading of Ecclesiastes, verse 9 lit up in a new way since remembering Sister Anna's post of this verse in this forum. Whoever quarries stones will be hurt by them;/and whoever splits logs will be endangered by them. The context of the verse from Ecclesiastes is the relative absurdity of the human world, how out-of-place and empty it often is in all its inherent contradictions.

What I've really appreciated about Sister Anna's insight into the labor implied by splitting a piece of wood and picking up a stone is more literal and essential than I formerly appreciated. Metaphors as these images are for everything done under the sun, they're also so mundane and ordinary that one could hardly imagine the awareness of Messiah as their outcome. Yet this is precisely the point I haven't heard enough: It is through resistance in everything everday—splitting wood and lifting heavy stones—that the awareness of Messiah is merited.

I need this reminder when I'm standing in line to contest bureaucracy or cleaning my bird's cage bottom.

May we chose to find Messiah in everything.

Elder Gideon

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#19 Postby Tau Malachi » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:59 am

Grace and peace to you in Hayyah Yeshua, the Risen and Ascended Messiah! Amen.

The passage you’ve quoted from Ecclesiastes is very beautiful and mysterious, quite ‘magical’ really. That through daily mundane resistances we can see, hear and feel the Messiah, and merit the ruach and da’at of the Messiah is a lovely insight, and is perfectly true; even on a mundane, material level, and in the most ordinary things, life and this world is designed for the awakening and realization of spirits and souls. Very truly, the world is sacred as it is; but then to understand this one must look and see Reality as It Is, and God as God Is, and therefore see the world as it is.

There is something more to be said of the secret mysteries within and behind this passage you’ve quoted, and likewise the presence of the very same mysteries within the saying of the Gospel of St. Thomas that Anna quoted. If you consider the passage from Ecclesiastes, on an esoteric level it is speaking of the awakening of the serpent power, and specifically, the dangers involved and the consequences of a premature awakening of this fiery energy.

As we know, awakening and uplifting this divine power in us can become an experience of mercy or judgment, and can lead to heavenly and blissful experiences, and true illumination, or it can lead to hellish and dreadful experiences, and various states of self-delusions. Indeed, if this force is awakened prematurely, without a mastery of thought and desire, and the force of will, along with the release of self-grasping, attachment and aversion, then it may draw a soul to the Other Side, and a person may become too full of him or herself, or may give way to the evil impulse thinking it good and righteous. If and when this happens, typically a person cannot receive help from a true tzaddik; hence, “If the snake bites before it is charmed (mastered), there is no advantage in a charmer (spiritual master, or tzaddik).”

There is a very distinct story of the dangers of awakening the serpent power in the Torah, in the Book of Numbers, chapter twenty-one. According to the tale when the children of Israel encamp in a certain place, suddenly there are many fiery serpents (seraphim) that are biting and killing the people. Moses turns to the Holy One and is instructed to have a image of these serpents formed in bronze and put up upon a pole in the center of the camp, and is instructed to tell the people that whoever is bitten by a fire snake can go look up at this image of one and that they will be healed and not die. As we know, Adonai Yeshua takes up this image to teach about the Son of the Human One, the Messiah, in the third chapter of the Gospel of St. John. There he teaches a Pharisee, Nicodemus, that just as Moses in the wilderness uplifted the serpent, so the Son of the Human One had to be uplifted for the enlightenment and liberation of people. First, clearly both passages indicate the need to uplift and redeem the serpent power, returning it to God. Perhaps more startling, however, is that Yeshua teaches that this fiery power is connected with the Messiah, the Anointed of God, and that it is a manifestation of the Messiah, the Son of the Human One. If and when uplifted and brought into repose, or cessation, in the heart, brow and crown, this is the manifestation of the Messiah, divine or enlightened being; when not uplifted and redeemed, it is the opposite, the force that binds, and the cause of sorrow and suffering, and death.

Look and see! This fiery power in you and me is in everyone and everything, and when awakened in us we can interweave this fiery power in us with the fiery power in things around us and, in effect, awaken and release that power, directing it as we wish. As you might imagine, this force can be used for good or evil, it can serve our ego, and the desires and fears of our ego, or it can be uplifted to serve the kingdom of heaven and God. As perhaps you also might imagine, great harm can come to a soul in which this fiery power is awakened but not uplifted, and more so if such a soul begins to awaken it in things around them and misdirects, or misuses, this great force. Understand, this is a great manifesting power, the force of creation and destruction, life and death, and as such there is a need for a conscious direction of this force for the illumination and ascension of our soul, as well as the uplifting of other spirits and souls in return to God. You may recall what is said of the realization of an initiate “crossing the Abyss,” that they realize that “things manifest according to their expectations,” whether conscious or unconsciousness expectations. If the serpent power is awakened and we are not consciousness, or are not mindful and alert, this force can manifest great ill fortunate and illness; hence, it is dangerous, as Solomon indicates in Ecclesiastes.

This is not to say that in any way we should fear the awakening of the serpent power; there is, indeed, danger involved, but then life is composed of great beauty and great danger, and there is a perpetual play of creation and destruction, life and death, and through it souls evolve and become realized. This is true of the serpent power, it is the force needed for the realization of our soul, the enlightenment and liberation of our soul, and the uplifting of other living spirits and souls with us as we return to God.

In wood, in stone, you will find this fiery power. It’s literally in everything, and the human being of called to uplift their fiery power and return it to God, or to reintegrate it with the Infinite and Eternal (Ain Sof).

I pray this does not distract from the essential point of Anna’s initial insight and post, but understand, when we uplift our mind and heart, and our energy, to the Infinite One in any activity, sacred or mundane, and we cleave to the Infinite One, and we serve the Infinite One, this fiery power is being stirred and uplifted in return, more or less. Naturally, as we know, there is such a thing as a great awakening of this Intelligent Force in us, and the experience Gadlut Mochin, the Perfect Thunder Intelligence, that it brings; but something of this force is moving in all that we do, and is manifest in all things, and therefore in the most mundane and ordinary activities something of this may be uplifted, or be offered to the Holy One.

Given the passage quoted from Ecclesiastes I could not help but share these thoughts.

May we be blessed with the ruach and da’at of the Risen and Ascended Messiah! Amen.

Shalom Aleichem!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Anna

#20 Postby Anna » Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:09 am

May I also add "amen" to your prayer, dear Tau!

The weave of this thread has grown richly, speaking powerfully of the Way taught by the Perfect Master. My little head is reeling with new contemplations and I pray that I may set something of these down in a coherent fashion...

What comes up so powerfully in looking at Thomas 77 and the verses from Ecclesiastes quoted by Elder Gideon is the difference in tone. In Ecclesiastes there seems a dire warning of great danger in awakening the serpent power. In Thomas 77 I hear not only an invitation but also an assurance that the very seeking of the Messiah carries one up into the Sanctuary of Grace. Yes, the danger of directing the serpent toward the ego instead of toward the Holy One is still real, but something has changed in this equation. Messiah has come, and with Messiah in the world the power of the Great Serpent is broken! Adonai Yeshua split wood and picked up stone and found the Supernal Light that he might share it with all who desire this realization of the Human One.

Who would go seeking Yeshua under a stone or within a piece of wood except for one who knows he is there, one who walks with faith that God is with us? As Tau continuously teaches, the world of Supernal Light is also here below.

Where there is faith, so the Christ-Spirit is present, and so the Christ-Spirit will move in that place, moving with, in and through that person or persons, and they are anointed and holy in Christ, the King of the Kingdom of God.

I am also looking at the idea of labor, whether it is "spiritual" labor--as in our prayer and practice--or "mundane" labor in the world. What connects these is the Way, literally, the way in which we do these things, the place we are coming from as we walk and labor here. If we are chopping wood with only the thought of stoking a worldly fire, then we will have the gift of that kind of fire, bodily warmth. If we chop wood with the awareness of the energies in and behind that wood and that labor, with our mind and heart turned to God in love and gratitude, then we will receive a far greater gift of the resulting fire, a heavenly and earthly warmth. To do all things as a labor of love for God and neighbor, with awareness of the inner dimensions and with prayer for the people and the land, then it seems we are engaged in a greater work than appears to the bodily senses.

In this thread we have been reminded of the way Yeshua taught his disciples to pray. Looking into the kavvanot of the Lord's Prayer, we see that there is an awareness that can be embraced while speaking the words. This Light Power is not only in the words but also in the way they are spoken. So, too, it seems, that in all activities--whether spiritual or mundane-- we can walk with the Light Power and Presence of Messiah.

Whether we are splitting wood, or splitting apart an obstruction within ourselves, we can be sure that God is with us, and with this assurance we can be empowered by our Beloved to labor with a good heart, a heart filled by grace with faith, hope and love.

May we enjoy the Presence of of God in every moment of our lives!
Shalom!
Anna

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#21 Postby Tau Malachi » Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:16 pm

Grace and peace to you from Messiah Yeshua, our Adonai! Amen.

There is something that we can share about the uplifting of the serpent power. Often when we hear teachings about the awakening and uplifting of the serpent power it can seem so removed from us, as though a possibility “some day,” or in “some future life,” but in truth what we are talking about is an aspiration and labor in this life, whether in sacred or mundane activities. This very aspiration and labor is expressed in the Three Roots, the first remembering that God is always with you. This may stir a deeper, more passionate faith, and a greater cleaving to God, and in so doing there may be a sparking of the serpent power. The second, setting your mind upon those things that are above, and if your mind, then your heart, for your mind goes where your heart and desire goes. When you set your mind and heart upon those things that are above, your thoughts and desires are focused upon the kingdom of heaven and God, and whatever energy of the serpent is stirring is directed inward and upward, Godward – it’s uplifted. The third, remember your transcendence. If, indeed, this remembrance is established, through it whatever is stirred of the serpent power may be brought into cessation or repose in the brow and crown, fully uplifted and returned to God.

Understand, the same is true in the midst of a lofty prayer or splitting wood if we enact the Three Roots. Join this with the Six Essentials and the awakening and ascension of your soul is assured with God’s help! Praise God!

There is something more, however, as you have pointed out dear sister, for in the Messiah ours is a sanctuary of grace, and a union of grace; it is not we who awaken and uplift the serpent power, but rather it is the Holy Light and Spirit from above, it is Divine Grace – Supernal Grace. Through the practice of the Three Roots and Six Essentials we co-create the conditions necessary for the full action of Divine Grace, engaging in an active and dynamic surrender to the Shekinah of the Messiah, but it is the Shekinah and Holy Spirit that brings the work to its fruition.

Thus, more than focusing upon the awakening of the serpent power, instead we focus upon the reception of Holy Light from above, and upon opening our mind, heart and body to that Supernal Light and Truth; and then, as we aspire in this way, we wait upon the Holy Spirit, understanding that the Holy Spirit will come upon us as God ordains, all in due season. Therefore, for our part we cleave and abide, and we walk with the Lord, living the Gospel.

We need to be careful not to make too great a distinction between sacred and mundane activities, but instead in all that we do let us serve the Lord and bring glory to God. If we are aware of God with us, our mind and heart are uplifted, cleaving to Christ and God, and we are aware of our transcendence, the truth is that we can generate as much light-power or merit while cleaning our house and doing chores as we can enacting a sacred ceremony. This is entirely possible. The same is true of every common human activity we can name.

These were some thoughts I wished to add.

May we realize the kingdom of heaven within and surrounding us in this life! Amen.

Shalom Aleichem!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

PiXie-Jewels

#22 Postby PiXie-Jewels » Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:10 pm

Shalom Sisters & Brothers! :-)
I have been really enjoying the different insights we have of this verse , and it is one that I dearly love.
It is really saying 77 that speaks most to me and has for a few months. The first saying 'where there are three Gods is one I would like guidance on' I understand it to perhaps mean, something about unity?
With saying 77 , I stumbled across this last year just before my Father was diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer , and it spoke to me immediately. It felt as if a light had been shone into my world. I think that maybe it means that Jesus is inherent in everything, and so if he is inherent in inanimate objects such as wood and stone then he must also be able to be found inside ourselves, who are flesh and blood. But not just that , because wood and stone are heavy things, we may need to struggle through challenges to see the light,but this is also a message of hope , because 'you will find me there' it feels like 'always' should be after , because we will always find that light.
A few months after, when I had really started to get more engaged with reading the St Thomas , my Dad found out he had Pancreatic Cancer . It was all very fast and within just over a month and a half he passed on. Throughout that time and since I have felt my faith stronger than ever before and it seems like paths are appearing, such as this group and the website , I feel as though that light is glimmering through in spite of everything.

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#23 Postby Tau Malachi » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:17 pm

Shalom Jewels,

I've posted a response to your question about saying 30, starting a new thread in this forum on that topic. It seemed to deserve of having its own thread rather than merging it with this thread. Hope you enjoy the thoughts shared and hope others might share some interpretations too.

Blessings!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Return to “Gospel of St. Thomas”