Saying 76

sheryl
Site Admin

Saying 76

#1 Postby sheryl » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:24 am

Shalom Dear Friends!

Greetings in the Light of the Bride!

A companion and I were discussing saying 76 and something new was seen in the beautiful commentary gifted to us through Tau Malachi.

There it is said:

Nefesh and Ruach are purified and consecrated unto the Lord, and you are redeemed in the holy blood of the Lamb of God, receiving your life, your living soul, or Holy Neshamah. She is the Eternal Life the Lord has prepared for you--the Living Temple of the Indwelling Presence of the Lord.

What is new to my hearing this day is that the Neshamah is the Living Temple, which is Eternal Life.

Biblical scripture often speaks of man and woman as temples of God, and one verse in particular comes to mind and brings a question:

In Revelation, in the messages to the churches, the Angel of the Lord says:

He/She who overcomes, I will make them a pillar in the temple of My God, and they will not go out from it anymore; and I will write on them the name of My God, and the name of the city of My God, the new Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God, and My new name.

I am hearing that the Neshamah is the Temple, and the nefesh and ruach (rather the inner aspects of these parts of soul) of each incarnation has potential for being a pillar in this temple - receiving in this way Eternal Life, no longer necessitating the Gilgulim, except in compassion for souls still bound.

If this contemplation is in line with the teachings, I will be grateful if more can be said.

Blessings to all,

Sheryl

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

Re: Saying 76

#2 Postby Tau Malachi » Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:08 am

Grace and peace to you in Yeshua Messiah!

Saying 76 is this: Yeshua said, “The Father’s kingdom is like a merchant who owned a sully of merchandise and found a pearl. The merchant was wise. He sold his goods and bought a single pearl for himself. So with you. Seek his treasure that is unfailing and enduring, where no moth comes to devour and no worm destroys.”

This parable of the “pearl of great price” occurs in the canonical gospels as well and on the surface it is a very simple teaching. If we are wise and have understanding of the true purpose of this life, we will seek the enlightenment and liberation of our soul with great passion, using this life, all that we have and all that we are to pursue enlightenment, doing whatever it takes for the full awakening and enlightenment of our soul, our being. Indeed, if we are seeking enlightenment, or conscious union with Christ in God, and wish to actually experience a greater spiritual realization, then it must become our sole focus above all else, and we must give all that we have and all that we are to it, laboring not for earthly things, but rather heavenly things. If we are so willing, and we engage the work of salvation, enlightenment, with the full force of our being, our life, the Spirit of God and the angels will take up this labor with us and will bring it to fruition, all as God wills, all as God ordains.

Now this “pearl” is the kingdom of heaven, and more so it is our heavenly soul (neshamah), and all in a mystery the place Christ prepares for us in the kingdom of heaven is inseparable from our neshamah, and preparing a place for us, so Christ labors for the realization and embodiment of our holy neshamah, or who and what we are in God.

Understand, the Infinite and Eternal One indwells the inmost aspect of our soul, and the inmost aspect of our soul is so holy, and so pure, that only the Infinite and Eternal One can enter it; even the greatest among the angels, the supernal angels, cannot enter into it, but only the Infinite and Eternal One. This inmost aspect, our divine spark (yechidah), is within neshamah, and the inner aspects of neshamah are inseparable from Christ and God; thus as we embody our neshamah we embody something of Christ and God, and there may be an experience of Christ or God Consciousness, whether at the level of cosmic consciousness or supernal consciousness.

Here we may say that our “place in heaven” corresponds with this higher, divine consciousness - Mochin Gadlut (Big Mind).

May we seek this Habad, this wisdom, understanding and knowledge, and may the Spirit of God gift us with it! Amen.

Shalom Aleichem!
Tau Malachi
Sophia Fellowship
Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Return to “Gospel of St. Thomas”