An Aspect of Healing

Martina

An Aspect of Healing

#1 Postby Martina » Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:17 am

Greetings in the Light of the Holy One!

“And they came to Bethsaida. And some people brought to him a blind man and begged him to touch him. And he took the blind man by the hand and led him out of the village, and when he had spit on his eyes and laid his hands on him, he asked him, “Do you see anything?” And he looked up and said, “I see people, but they look like trees, walking.” Then Jesus laid his hands on his eyes again; and he opened his eyes, his sight was restored, and he saw everything clearly.” (Mark 8:22-25)

This story and the many other stories of Yeshua healing brings to mind an aspect of what happens when we are suddenly healed: the disease then no longer controls our lifes. We sometimes thing that healing means, we can live as if we never had a particular illness. But it seems that is not true. The illness seems to be part of the healing, of a greater tikkune. It will always be part of our experience connecting us to others.

For the blind man, whom the Lord healed, it became a profound experience of enlightenment. Linked to the physicals blindness there seems to have been the spiritual blindness equally controlling as has often been spoken in our tradition.

I would very much like to know what thoughts come up for others.

Gratefully,
Martina
Martina

staroath

Re: An Aspect of Healing

#2 Postby staroath » Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:00 pm

Shalom!
What is striking to me about this particular time that Yeshua healed the blind man, is how it differs from so many other ways the Perfect Master healed the blind in other Gospels.

First, "he took the blind man by the hand and led him out of the village". This reminds me of when we start on our true journey of awakening, we most likely will be called away from thoughts, and places and ways of being we are familar with. Our healing begins with time spent outside the "village", first seeing old patterns and mentalities and then making a committment to be renewed and be created in a new image.

We stand alone with our Lord and Lady, engaging in prayer, contemplation, community and good works.

We seek to know our blind spots, coming to realize, how easy it is to see blind spots in others and not our own. If we become wise and are touched by the holy Spirit we are humbled by this, to the dept of our being. We begin to "have eyes to see." The heart begins to open.

Also intriguing is the two staging process, first Yeshua says "“Do you see anything?” And he looked up and said, “I see people, but they look like trees, walking."

First our spiritual vision is hazy, but there can be great joy because much effort has beem applied in the co-labor. Something is happening, I am making some progress, Praise God!

The teachings tell us that with God's help the possibility can come in what is called the Fruition Stage of the journey. "Then Jesus laid his hands on his eyes again; and he opened his eyes, his sight was restored, and he saw everything clearly.”

I would love to hear others inspirations from these verses, especially about the people looking like trees!

Blessings and deep gratitude.
We ride on mighty eagles wings.
Star

sheryl
Site Admin

#3 Postby sheryl » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:10 pm

Shalom Dear Sisters!

Thank you for these delights! They are giving rise to interesting contemplations.

A wild thought occurred while exploring this teaching in Greek: What if the statement I see people, but they look like trees, walking is not describing an obstacle to sight, but an empowerment, a spiritual blessing that was received? The capacity to receive the empowerment indicating that obstacles have been brought down, so that the man's physical sight could also be restored?

Master Yeshua often used the word dendron or tree in his teachings, speaking of good trees and good fruit and bad trees and bad fruit, so man and his actions, words, were often seen by the Master as trees!

The Greek word for walking, peripateō, is said to mean, to live, to progress, to make due use of opportunities, also suggesting that the blind man received an empowerment from Yeshua, being able to see individuals, similarly to how the Master himself saw them - as souls sojourning in becoming, sojourning through life, towards Life.

Also, I find it interesting that this encounter follows a rebuke by Yeshua to his disciples who did not get it, when a miracle was performed for the masses:

But Jesus, being aware of it, said to them, “Why do you reason because you have no bread? Do you not yet perceive nor understand? Is your heart still hardened? Having eyes, do you not see? And having ears, do you not hear?

Perhaps Adonai Yeshua was sick in heart because his disciples could not see beyond the surface of things. The Master, hungry to give spiritual sight, came upon the blind man who could receive.

And so your beautiful discourse comes to mind, Sister Star:

Our healing begins with time spent outside the "village", first seeing old patterns and mentalities and then making a commitment to be renewed and be created in a new image.

We stand alone with our Lord and Lady, engaging in prayer, contemplation, community and good works.

We seek to know our blind spots, coming to realize, how easy it is to see blind spots in others and not our own. If we become wise and are touched by the holy Spirit we are humbled by this, to the dept of our being. We begin to "have eyes to see." The heart begins to open.

The Holy Ones among us are hungry, to give spiritual empowerments, eyes that see beyond the surface of things. But who among us can receive such blessings?

May our obstacles be brought down, may blessings flow and be received.

With gratitude,

Sheryl

Kat

#4 Postby Kat » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:31 am

Shalom Sisters,

You have given me much to think about and contemplate. I like what you add about spiritual sight, and how to perceive into the spiritual dimensions is a spiritual empowerment. To hear in the Spirit, to feel in the Spirit and to have these spiritual senses open to the dimensionality that is this reality seems to be what spiritual aspirants seek. This speaks of a deeper Tikkune, one involving our ability to more deeply relate to the Holy One and movements of Ruach ha Kodesh. In this respect what obstructs is our inability to receive these empowerment are limitations we have put on ourselves and our ability to embrace a self that may at first seem to be in conflict with the outer self. There is reorientation of one's life that can open more and more to these realities no longer being able to live from the outside, but moving more closely in accordance with the Holy Spirit. What these deeper obstacles to intimacy with the Divine teach us is to look to our perception of reality. Is it fixed on past or future or is a changeable phenomena. I feel this is what is behind all healing. Is the self fixed, or is there a perception of a self beyond, guiding and witnessing.

May we have sight into realms beyond and into the world of the Maggadem.
Shalom, Kat

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#5 Postby Tau Malachi » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:30 am

Grace and peace to you in Yeshua Messiah! Amen.

This is a delightful discussion ladies, filled with good insights. As you have been expressing, while indeed we believe in the physical aspect of the healings Adonai Yeshua performed, we also understand that there are psychic and spiritual dimensions of healing, and considering these is, in fact, more important than a focus on the physical healing.

Much has already been drawn out that relates to what I’d like to share, such as the leading the blind man by the hand out of the village. This, indeed, implies a departure from the familiar, and from habitual patterns of thought and emotion, and old mentalities; hence, the dropping of preconceptions, preconditions and expectations, allowing for new revelations and discovery, new insights and illuminations. If we are speaking about the restoration of spiritual sight this is essential, becoming empty of oneself to be filled with the Spirit of God (Ruach Elohim). It is also significant though that Adonai Yeshua takes the blind man by the hand and leads him out of the village. To be blind and let a stranger lead you requires faith, and in this gesture the man literally becomes a follower of Yeshua, walking with him to a place and experience he does not know, and as they walk his faith grows, along with his connection with Yeshua, his heart opening to the Master, as well as his mind. As this happens, Yeshua puts saliva on the man’s eyelids, and he lays hands on him, and the man can see, although his sight is distorted. Then, Adonai Yeshua lays hands on his eyes again and his sight is clarified.

Saliva is very significant, for in ancient times in the Middle East, such as in Egypt, magic power and healing power were associated with words and speaking, as well as spitting and licking; hence the use of saliva as a talisman of power. Understanding the Messiah as the Word of God, who was with God in the beginning, and who was God in the beginning, the use of saliva becomes even more significant, implying that by conscious intention through sound-vibration, the Master conveyed something of the power of his spiritual and supernal realization to the man, something of the Living Word. Laying hands on the man, and praying over him, this healing and empowerment was completed and is sealed; as much as physical sight, this man’s faith and hope were healed, and his heart and mind were enlightened, his spiritual sight was restored. Praise the Lord!

There is a very significant lesson, however, in his psychic and spiritual perceptions being distorted at the outset, and then with a second empowerment being clarified; basically speaking he received two empowerments, and it is with the second that he could see clearly. This conveys a truth of initiation and the spiritual journey that all of us who have received initiation and spiritual empowerments, or light transmission, understand. At first, when we receive initiation and are reborn of the Spirit, what we see, hear and feel tends to be distorted or unclear, and as such our knowledge and understanding is partial and incomplete, and we have not acquired wisdom. As we take up the spiritual life and practice, though, and continue to receive spiritual empowerments and light transmission, there is a process of clarification in our reception of teachings and our perception of the Mysteries of Creation and God, or the Works of Creation and Works of the Chariot, and with true knowledge and understanding, we receive wisdom – our “salvation” or enlightenment.

What is remarkable in this story of healing is that this man is aware of the lack of clarity in his initial sight, acknowledges it, and seeks further help from his holy tzaddik, Yeshua. If we read this on a certain level, it becomes clear instructions for the development of a sacred friendship with a tzaddik, and how to be a true and faithful disciple, or companion, who travels with them in the Way. Indeed, all the stages to developing a true spiritual friendship with a tzaddik or apostle are present in this story. Meeting them, and having some sense of the Shekinah in them, we form a spiritual connection and we begin to follow them in faith, and although at the outset we may not see and hear and know much concerning the Mysteries, we have a sense of the spiritual realization, or the wisdom, understanding and knowledge of our sacred friend, and that the teachings they are sharing are true, and so we receive instruction and guidance from them, and we take up spiritual practice and follow them in the Way.

As we do this, at some point, the Holy Spirit will move between us and our tzaddik, and we will receive initiation, spiritual empowerment, light transmission, and truly be reborn from above; if we continue to follow in the Way, and continue to receive guidance from our tzaddik, over time a greater awakening will take place, and we will acquire much wisdom, understanding and knowledge (Habad) from the Spirit of God and the angels.

Now, when all was said and done, Adonai Yeshua sent the seeing man home, telling him not to return to the village. First, this implies a new orientation, a true rebirth from above, from heaven, which is our true “home” or place of origin; and second, this directly states that once receiving initiation we cannot return to our old life, and old self, and old ways, but we must walk as a woman or man of God, and actively sojourn in the Way, seeking always to progress in the Gospel.

In closing I’d like to add that what you shared Martina concerning our perception of healing, that we can be healed, but still continue to have a physical disease, that we can be healed, but not cured, is very, very important. Whatever is transpiring on a physical level, healing is always possible, but very often a full cure is not, although significantly healed on a physical, psychic and spiritual level, still the underlying issue may remain, and we may, indeed, walk with it in this life until we shed this mortal coil. Sometimes our healing is a very different relationship with the suffering that arises in our experience due to illness, so that through our suffering there is a generation of greater love and compassion, and connectedness with others, and in this the uplifting of suffering and the eventual cessation of the cause of all sorrow and suffering.

These are some thoughts that arose as I contemplated your discussion dear sisters. I’ve repeated many of your insights to support a few things I wished to share, so please forgive my repetition of things already written – it was needed to put the thoughts in their proper context.

Shalom Aleichem
!
Tau Malachi
Sophia Fellowship
Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

staroath

#6 Postby staroath » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:41 pm

Shalom!

Thank you Tau Malachi for your response!

What is coming to mind here is a recent study on the Stages of Growth and Development of the Inner Person:

At first we realize that we have what seems to be a "inner person" and an "outer person" and these 2 persons do not seem to harmonize with one another- one seems to love the light(inner person) and the other seems to not like the light(outer person -unsurrendered ego, nefesh behamit etc)

Sparking of faith -Malkut

the Faithful Initiate-Initiation (Yesod)
We take up our spiritual education, relying on good and holy people outside ourselves to inspire and guide us as we take up a life of spiritual practice.

We turn away from the world and also to some extent turn away from outside images- and begin to receive guidance from within- a certain kind of wisdom begins to dawn- we learn to live in submission to God- Hod

We engage in the full dominion of the Christ in ourselves- Netzach
we experience the Sacred Heart- the drive and realization of True Compassion- we see the interconnectedness of the world- we truly begin to "love our neighbors as ourself"

Willing to the suffering that comes along naturally in life - no longer are so attached or adverse- we consider these trials with "nothing but joy" understanding this is the refinement of our soul- we use these times as talismen for all beings who suffer- praying for the relief of suffering of all-Tiferet

Complete fearlessness in Christ(Gevurah)- deep and abiding peace in good times and bad- reception of the person of Light within ourselves-True and deep knowing of the Bornless Being

Fruition- Love and compassion-gradations of Union-full Supernal Influx- Hesed

Of course with in and behind all these lofty stages perhaps there can be a recognition of the non-linear nature of this teaching -seeing the importance of intregrating all these stages into our daily living- into all our relationships be they our deepest intimate and personal,or work or whatever level of connection - complete with any anxiety, anger and all the klippotic spark filled ususal suspects that we all know so well!

Perhaps the above summation of some of Tau Malachi's teachings ties into the parable of the blind man being led out of the village by his  Redeemer- and I am not just forcing a round peg into a square hole.

Any corrections or additional insights will be greatly appreciated!

Gracious thanks,
Star
Last edited by staroath on Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#7 Postby Tau Malachi » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:56 am

Shalom,

I think today I'd add one stage, or one more aspect. Today I'd associate the sparking of faith to Malkut, which is called "faith," and I'd add initiation, light transmission, which would correspond with Yesod, the Sefirah called "Holy Tzaddik." The rest, though, would remain basically the same.

Blessings to you on this day of thanksgiving!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Martina

#8 Postby Martina » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:57 am

Shalom Dear Tau and Sisters,

thank you for drawing out so many beautiful aspects of this healing primarily in spirit.

I was wandering if we can see something similar in other healings Adonai Yeshua performed. On the one hand they inspire faith but also show a deeper inspiration or gnosis. What comes to mind is the healing of the woman who touches the Lord's garment in the crowed and is healed.

“For she said, “If I touch even his garments, I will be made well.” (Mark 5:28) She is so purposeful that it seems that she has already had an experience of light transmission and lives in surrender to the Holy One.

Could it be that she is already intuiting some of the Stages of Growth and Development of the Inner Person in a true desire for the Holy Light?

I am very grateful for any corrections.

Gratitude and blessings,
Martina
Martina

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#9 Postby Tau Malachi » Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:58 pm

Greetings and blessings in the Holy Light of the Messiah!

From one story of healing to another, each is very different and holds distinct spiritual teachings and revelations concerning the Messiah. If we look into it, the healing of this woman suffering from hemorrhages and the healing of the blind man we have been discussing are very different. First, they had very different illnesses, but also, the healing of the blind man was extremely intimate, he being led by the hand, saliva being used on his eyelids, and receiving a laying on of hands twice. In the case of the woman in the crowd, who suffers from hemorrhages and touches his cloak, and healing power pours into her, in the moment of the transmission of healing power, it was not as intimate, or so it seems.

Of course, this is all very intriguing, and it is true with any psychic and spiritual healing there is a healing of the divide between the inner and outer person, and with this a healing of a person’s relationship or communion with God. This is innate to healing, the inside and outside being brought into alignment and harmony, restoring wholeness of being, or integrity of being. If we look into various stories of people healed, however, as well as those exorcised, understanding exorcism as a form of healing, the stories reveal klippot that may have been present, various tikkunim of souls healed, as well as the spiritual labor of souls of higher grades who may take on suffering to uplift others and glorify God. Concerning the later, you may recall the man in the Gospel of St. John born blind from birth, whom Yeshua says did not sin, nor did his parents sin, to cause his illness, but rather that he entered into incarnation and was born blind to glorify God. This suggests a soul of a very lofty grade seeking to help uplift souls in return to God.

If we look into this woman who approaches Yeshua from behind, in a crowd, and touches his cloak, or outer garment, there is a lot we may learn. First, the very way she sought to be healed reflects a lack of self-esteem, feelings of not being good enough, worthy enough, and such; otherwise she could have approached him in another way, a forthright way. In this we may remember that a person who was bleeding, especially bleeding that might deal with a feminine issue, would be considered unclean perpetually under the law. This would naturally affect a person’s self-image and self-worth, and it would make it a challenge for her to approach a holy man, whom one is not to touch if unclean, for if done it would make the holy man unclean until rites of purification were done and some time passed.

If we consider the illness of this woman, hemorrhages, or bleeding of some sort, on a spiritual level this suggests a “leaking” or loss of the light power or life force of one’s soul, or the theft of the light-power of a soul in some way, akin to the story of the fall of Pistis Sophia, or teachings of the Shekinah in exile. Even this woman’s having spent all her money seeking to be cured to no avail speaks of the loss of light power or merit. Here we may say that negative self-images and lack of self-esteem are usually deeply involved in the loss of light-power or merit, and lead to the generation of all manner of klippot, husks of impurity, and their corresponding errors, sins, in the play of desire and fear.

This person was apparently very out of touch with her inner being, or inner woman, let alone her inner tzaddik and the indwelling Messiah; and if you look into the story you can see Adonai Yeshua clearly addressed the underlying issues.

Indeed, the saving grace of this woman is her strength of faith, and her gesture in faith of reaching out and touching the garment, believing she would be healed through God’s power. Consider what Yeshua did, he inquired who touched him, stating he felt power go out of himself, and he began glancing at the people around him. This pressed upon the woman to come forward to confess what she had done and why she had done it. If you consider it, if Yeshua had not done this, in effect, she would have stolen light power, or healing power from him, or at least on some level she would have thought that she did. If that were the case, of course, the healing could have been short lived, and very swiftly her ailment might have returned, or something far worse might have arisen in its place.

As we know, the words and glance of the Master provoked fear and trembling in the woman, and she fell down before him and confessed. Aware of the underlying issue of negative self-image and lack of self-esteem, listen to what Adonai Yeshua said to her: “Daughter, your faith has made you well; go in peace, and be healed of your disease” (Mark 5:34). He called her “daughter,” a close relation, praise her faith, and the light and goodness that was in her, and he blessed her with peace, and he gifted the healing to her so that she stole nothing, but if was freely given to her in love; in this way the Master drew her into an intimate moment, right in the midst of a crowd, acknowledge her, and addressed the principle underlying issues within and behind her illness. It’s a beautiful story of healing and reflects amazing skillful means in the ministry of Adonai Yeshua, truly so! Praise the Lord!

We may also share something else, something revealed in what the Masters said to this dear woman. In this moment the Son and Father are unified, and something of the Father is shining through the Son in a special way; the Master is in a very elevated state, and so speaks of this woman as his “daughter,” as a father speaking to his child.

Of course, the term “Daughter,” Nukva, also reminds of womanhood and women as bearers of the Holy Shekinah, and the play of the Divine and Sacred Feminine that transpires through them.

These are a few thoughts I was inclined to share.

Shalom Aleichem!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Martina

#10 Postby Martina » Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:40 am

Greetings and blessings in the Light of the Holy One!

Thank you for these corrections and illumining the subtleties of this healing, Dear Tau!

“We may also share something else, something revealed in what the Masters said to this dear woman. In this moment the Son and Father are unified, and something of the Father is shining through the Son in a special way; the Master is in a very elevated state, and so speaks of this woman as his “daughter,” as a father speaking to his child.

Of course, the term “Daughter,” Nukva, also reminds of womanhood and women as bearers of the Holy Shekinah, and the play of the Divine and Sacred Feminine that transpires through them.”

What an amazing healing of this woman's relationship with the Holy One illustrating the new covenant! I was wondering if there is any midrash in our tradition telling more about her life after the healing by Adonai Yeshua? It seems that when we receive such a profound healing in body and spirit our life is completely changed and there seems to be a call to the spiritual path. Or is this idea oversimplified?

Gratefully,
Martina
Martina

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#11 Postby Tau Malachi » Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:43 am

Grace and peace to you from Yeshua Messiah, our Adonai!

There is, indeed, a midrash concerning this woman in our oral tradition.

First, Tau Miriam taught that this is a healing of all womanhood, for being raised to view themselves as “second class citizens,” most women suffer deeply from lack of true self esteem, and are plagued with feelings of not being good enough, worthy enough and so on. Naturally, in the illusion of separation all of us suffer from this more or less, but women tend to have an extra measure of this internal klippah, and experience a form of psychic and spiritual suffering much like that of this woman.

Now concerning this woman herself, and her life story in the oral tradition, according to the tradition her name was Naomi, and she was the daughter of a Pharisee, a well-known rabbi and religious authority of that sect of Judaism. As a very young girl she was drawn to the spiritual and had a deep faith and love of the Holy One. When she could, she would eves drop on classes about the Holy Torah and scrolls her father gave to boys under his tutelage, and likewise, whenever she was able she would listen to teachings he gave his disciples on the deeper mysteries and the various theological arguments of the day. Her mother and father had no son, she was their only child, and her father knew she did this, but did not stop her; he was happy to see her spiritual inclination. Late one night he caught her studying the scroll of one of the prophets alone by the light of an oil lamp, and he inquired of her about the meaning of what she was readying. She responded with a good understanding and insight, and that night he decided to teach his daughter the Torah and scrolls in private, along with the inner and secret meanings. Whatever she was taught she learned swiftly and remembered with understanding, and her father was often astonished, and very proud, for her wisdom grew and shone brightly in her youth.

This did not last too many years, however, for a very hard winter came, and with it severe illnesses that took the lives of many people in Jerusalem and the countryside. Naomi became ill, and so also did her parents, and as it turned out her parents died and she survived. Her uncle, her father’s brother, was also a well-known Pharisee, though holding very different views and opinions on many things than that of her father. He was a descent, law-abiding man to the letter of the law, but was very rigid and strict; as given in the law he took Naomi in and was fair with her, and managed the estate she inherited from her father, a significant one, for her father was quite wealthy, as were most of the Pharisees.

Her uncle was fair with Naomi. He did not steal from her and he gave her good advice concerning the world, the law and preparing for marriage, having his wife and daughters teach Naomi the ways of a good wife. He was aware of what Naomi’s father had done, teaching a girl the Torah and deep mysteries, and in his heart he believed that this brought judgment upon their household, Naomi being spared only because she was too young to know what she was doing, and therefore too young be guilty under the law and in the eyes of the Lord. Regardless, this put a strain on their relationship, and he would not draw close to her.

After being with her uncle’s household for a few years, a short time after she came of age and became a woman according to the law, the illness began with Naomi, and this of course precluded the possibility of marriage in her class among the Jewish people, or any marriage at all for that matter, for the bleeding made her perpetually unclean and virtually an untouchable, such was the way of the law and old covenant. It was founded upon judgment, not upon mercy.

The death of her parents, the loss of spiritual mentoring and her illness all felt to Naomi as a judgment upon her, and needless to say she struggled with her faith and found herself deeply perplexed, wishing she might understand something of the mysterious ways of God and what had transpired in her life. She did not, however, fall into bitterness or turn away from God, but rather, even in the midst of her sorrow and suffering, and her confusion, she cleaved in her heart to God and she would set her mind on mysteries of creation and God, uplifting her soul to God Most High; she feelings of judgment became a passion to return to God.

Now, when she became ill she wished to seek out a prophet, a healer and wonderworker, believing in the power of the Spirit of God, but her uncle would not allow her to do this because he believed all who claimed to heal or work wonders were false prophets or false messiahs, especially because, generally speaking, they were not born into the families of recognized religious authority. Thus, managing her money, Naomi’s uncle sent her to Jewish physicians who studied and practiced gentile medicine, and as we know, all of her inheritance was expended in this way, but no cure came of it, the illness only progressed and became even worse.

Her deep sorrow and suffering led to heartfelt prayers for the swift coming of the Messiah, and prayers that she might be blessed to encounter the Savior in her lifetime; she did not pray this for herself alone, but because her own suffering connected her deeply with the suffering that filled the world, and she wished for the relief of the suffering of all. Late on night when she was praying for the appearance of the Messiah in the world, and praying that God might send her a messenger to heal her, Archangel Michael appeared to her and revealed to her that the Messiah was in the world, and that Yeshua was the Messiah. As she beheld the presence of the Messiah with Michael, a shaft of fiery light, love, pierced her heart, and it shone from the heart of her body of light front and back into endless space, her heart being circumcised and opened by the spear of Michael. In this way she was sent to seek out Adonai Yeshua to receive her healing and illumination, and this is why she did what she did, approaching him from behind in a crowd.

Naturally there were deep issues of being unworthy and unclean, and her spiritual self-worth was seriously compromised, and yet she had uplifted this and transformed it into spiritual humility. This, joined with the awareness of the overwhelming presence of the Messiah, the overwhelming glory and power, and light and love, motivated her to just seek to touch his garment, believing, knowing, she would be healed in this way.

When she received her healing and spiritual empowerment from the Master, she did depart in peace, the inner aspects of her soul being restored to her, along with the remembrance of her purpose, her mission in life. After going her way Naomi heard of the Magdalene, who taught women in the Master’s circle, and she sought her out, seeking to be among the women disciples. Magdalene received her as a disciple, and she was baptized and anointed, and became a close companion of the Holy Bride.

In this midrash, of course, the healing of this woman is the restoration of her soul to her, and with this, an empowerment of her spiritual self-worth joined with spiritual humility; the spiritual prodigy she was as a little girl was brought to its maturation in her as a woman when she bowed before the presence of the Messiah (Shekinah of Messiah) on that predestined day.

This is a story told about this woman in our oral tradition. Hopefully this does not distract us from our subject of healing, but rather might add to it and lead to a deeper contemplation.

In closing I can share that there are stories of virtually all the individuals that Adonai Yeshua healed or exorcised, usually drawing out the nature of the spiritual healing within and behind the physical healing.

Shabbat Shalom!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Anna

#12 Postby Anna » Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:15 pm

Blessings of Light in the Power of Divine Womanhood!

When Yeshua calls the woman, Naomi, "Daughter," I get a sense that he is initiating the healing of womanhood in this world. Women have been oppressed as the "weaker sex" for millenia and this oppression becomes ingrained from infancy. Scientific studies even indicate that children are treated differently from birth according to gender, and that this has a profound effect upon girls as they grow into womanhood. As you said, dear Tau, women do tend to have an "extra measure" of the klippot of lack of self-esteem. Girls are taught to please those around them and rarely taught to do what is good and healthy for themselves in any given situation. Assertiveness is encouraged and admired in men but discouraged and thought of as a terrible fault in women. It seems that internal and external oppressors abound for women in particular.

This leaking of light power you speak of also reveals something of the tikkune of womanhood in general, as well as what each woman seems called to uplift as part of her own portion of the tikkune of the world and all realms and worlds of the entirety. I am reminded very powerfully of the vow of the Magdalene, to take incarnation in woman's form until all is accomplished on this Good Earth. Not only does this seem to speak of the equality of Christed men and women, but something more seems hinted here: a marvelous vision of humanity where men and women truly walk as equals in the physical as well as spiritual realms. This seems a vision of the Human One of Light that I have never contemplated before.

What may be said of the tikkune of womanhood and the vow taken by Mirya, the Apostle to the Apostles? How does the Second Coming bring about a greater completion of the Human One with the welcoming of the Holy Bride and the sacredness of Divine Womanhood?

Shalom!
Anna

Anna

#13 Postby Anna » Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:00 am

Shabbat Eve Blessings to all!

I would like to add one more thought to the contemplation of the healing of womanhood. Such a great healing is inseparable from the healing of manhood and, further, seems the reflection and even fruition of that healing. In every moment the healing of humanity, the realization of Divine Humanity, is in the process of being accomplished. Because of Mirya's vow, I am seeing that there is this healing accomplished somewhere, through Christed women in every generation. May this assembly of Christed women grow, for surely it will also reflect the assembly of Christed men, and the greater assembly of anointed humanity in Lineages of Light Transmission on this Good Earth!

What insights and teachings may be shared of the healing of humanity revealed in the healing of womanhood?

Shalom!
Anna

sheryl
Site Admin

#14 Postby sheryl » Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:00 am

Shabbat Eve, Dear Tau and Sisters!

Thank you for this discussion. Many delightful thoughts are arising.

Sister Anna, your two insights into the suffering of woman are astounding. One, that the healing of Naomi is not separate from the healing of womanhood, and, two, that the healing of womanhood is inseparable from the healing of manhood.

They have led me to consider how God uses what has been created by humanity - the oppression of women in this story, to heal humanity. Tau Malachi taught above:

Her deep sorrow and suffering led to heartfelt prayers for the swift coming of the Messiah, and prayers that she might be blessed to encounter the Savior in her lifetime; she did not pray this for herself alone, but because her own suffering connected her deeply with the suffering that filled the world, and she wished for the relief of the suffering of all. Late on night when she was praying for the appearance of the Messiah in the world, and praying that God might send her a messenger to heal her, Archangel Michael appeared to her and revealed to her that the Messiah was in the world, and that Yeshua was the Messiah. As she beheld the presence of the Messiah with Michael, a shaft of fiery light, love, pierced her heart, and it shone from the heart of her body of light front and back into endless space, her heart being circumcised and opened by the spear of Michael. In this way she was sent to seek out Adonai Yeshua to receive her healing and illumination, and this is why she did what she did, approaching him from behind in a crowd.

Is it not in and through Naomi's suffering, through her hearfelt prayers for herself and for all who suffer, that the Miracle of the Messiah was revealed to her, and likewise to the consciousness of women and all humanity? And not only this, but through her own suffering and healing whom she is in God was revealed:

When she received her healing and spiritual empowerment from the Master, she did depart in peace, the inner aspects of her soul being restored to her, along with the remembrance of her purpose, her mission in life. After going her way Naomi heard of the Magdalene, who taught women in the Master’s circle, and she sought her out, seeking to be among the women disciples. Magdalene received her as a disciple, and she was baptized and anointed, and became a close companion of the Holy Bride.

I find this empowering. We can get lost in our own sufferings, our own trials, but your have taught us, dear Tau, that all of the suffering, the persecution, the unfairness that we experience and that is experienced in the world, can become a vehicle of Grace. Judgment is Grace, and healing is much more than a reprise from suffering, but a potential Gift of Godself, a potential revelation of our true self, of who we are in God and the purpose to which we have been called.

May our prayers in the midst of our sufferings be transformed, as Naomi's were transformed, bringing in God, bringing in a greater manifestation of God, of Divine Attributes, into the this world.

With gratitude,

Sheryl

staroath

The Centurion and Yeshua

#15 Postby staroath » Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:56 pm

Shalom!

The miracle of the healing of the "servant" of the centurion is recounted in both Luke and Matthew:

Luke 7
7 After Jesus[a] had finished all his sayings in the hearing of the people, he entered Capernaum. 2 A centurion there had a slave whom he valued highly, and who was ill and close to death. 3 When he heard about Jesus, he sent some Jewish elders to him, asking him to come and heal his slave. 4 When they came to Jesus, they appealed to him earnestly, saying, “He is worthy of having you do this for him, 5 for he loves our people, and it is he who built our synagogue for us.” 6 And Jesus went with them, but when he was not far from the house, the centurion sent friends to say to him, “Lord, do not trouble yourself, for I am not worthy to have you come under my roof; 7 therefore I did not presume to come to you. But only speak the word, and let my servant be healed. 8 For I also am a man set under authority, with soldiers under me; and I say to one, ‘Go,’ and he goes, and to another, ‘Come,’ and he comes, and to my slave, ‘Do this,’ and the
slave does it.” 9 When Jesus heard this he was amazed at him, and turning to the crowd that followed him, he said, “I tell you, not even in Israel have I found such faith.” 10 When those who had been sent returned to the house, they found the slave in good health.

Matthew 8

5 When he entered Capernaum, a centurion came to him, appealing to him 6 and saying, “Lord, my servant is lying at home paralyzed, in terrible distress.” 7 And he said to him, “I will come and cure him.” 8 The centurion answered, “Lord, I am not worthy to have you come under my roof; but only speak the word, and my servant will be healed. 9 For I also am a man under authority, with soldiers under me; and I say to one, ‘Go,’ and he goes, and to another, ‘Come,’ and he comes, and to my slave, ‘Do this,’ and the slave does it.” 10 When Jesus heard him, he was amazed and said to those who followed him, “Truly I tell you, in no one[d] in Israel have I found such faith. 11 I tell you, many will come from east and west and will eat with Abraham and Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven, 12 while the heirs of the kingdom will be thrown into the outer darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.” 13 And to the
centurion Jesus said, “Go; let it be done for you according to your faith.” And the servant was healed in that hour.

Of course of interest is the saying in Matthew "many will come from east to west and will eat with Abraham and Issac and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven".....perhaps more can be said from our oral tradition concerning this somewhat unique and unusual healing by proxy or at a distance.

Hopefully,
Star

Anna

#16 Postby Anna » Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:31 am

Blessings in the Healing Light of Messiah!

The stories and contemplations of Yeshua's healing ministry alone would fill volumes. Here we are touching upon the healing of all beings in these few stories with their teachings and insights. And these contemplations will likely continue to grow even when we are gone and new generations of Spiritual Christians share new and even deeper insights.

I love the story of the centurion who demonstrates a rare depth of faith. But in contemplating this story anew, I am also seeing that this man was well aware that Yeshua was Lord of all spirits and could send angels and spirits of healing anywhere he wished. In him the Glory of the Holy Shekinah shone for all who had eyes to see. And this centurion had been given this gift to see into the realm of spirits and recognize their Lord.

This gift of sight seems part of the gift of faith that each person who came to Yeshua for healing embodied to some degree or another. The woman, Naomi, had faith that this power could heal her whether or not she asked the person of Yeshua for the healing. There is a type of "healing at a distance" in this woman's story as well. As it turned out, of course Yeshua knew who had touched him and received the healing power that moved with, in and through the Perfect Master.

As Tau pointed out above:

...and it is true with any psychic and spiritual healing there is a healing of the divide between the inner and outer person, and with this a healing of a person’s relationship or communion with God. This is innate to healing, the inside and outside being brought into alignment and harmony, restoring wholeness of being, or integrity of being. If we look into various stories of people healed, however, as well as those exorcised, understanding exorcism as a form of healing, the stories reveal klippot that may have been present, various tikkunim of souls healed, as well as the spiritual labor of souls of higher grades who may take on suffering to uplift others and glorify God.

Our relationship with God and with ourselves is at the heart of our own healing. In my personal experience of miraculous healing, the physical healing has preceded a greater and deeper healing of the divide between the inner and outer person within me. The physical healing grew, and continues to grow, the gift of faith within me, nurturing it and strengthening me so that much more challenging and painful wounds/dis-ease can be recognized and uplifted to God. I praise God for this ever-deepening miracle of healing in my life and pray that it gives glory to the Holy One!

This healing, this restoration of our wholeness of being, is why we are here, for as we become more and more who we are in God, then we are also able to help in the healing of others--those who are also ready to receive their healing, their wholeness in Messiah.

May we walk as healers, peacemakers and Christ bearers for the people and the land!
Shalom!
Anna

Return to “The Gnostic Path: Spiritual Life & Practice”